Cover Race Discussion, Rules & Call for Race Entrants

Seek exchange partners here. List what you broadly have to exchange, and what you'd ideally like in return. No charge - totally **FREE** for stampboards members to use to use. Or GIVE away your spares. Try it out today!

Moderators: AMark, Canada stamper, Volunteer Moderator Team

MarkBodiella
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Cover Race Discussion, Rules & Call for Race Entrants

Post by MarkBodiella »

Sorry I haven't been so active for the last couple of weeks and when I have been here I been misreading posts :oops:
I had been unable to get rid of the winter bugs for a couple of weeks, but I am feeling a lot better now and I will go through and update all the race threads.
Also with Cover 3/6 finishing it's race and it being about 11 weeks since cover 3/1 has been seen,I will declare it lost and will update the overall stats page for all races and publish it later today.
The Great Stampboards 'Round The World Covers Races
Discussion/Sign Up Thread and Race Overview

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

Glad to hear you are feeling better Mark.
Down the 'corridor of uncertainty'

MarkBodiella

Post by MarkBodiella »

TheRoyalCounty wrote:Glad to hear you are feeling better Mark.
Thanks Stuart

As promised some stats

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

Mark thanks for updating the spreadsheets in all races.

The stats make for interesting reading; the miles per day stat is at first glance surprising but given each race is approx. 30,000 miles from start to finish perhaps not.
It will be interesting to see how Race 6 'The Marathon' covers which will cover 50,000+ miles stack up against Jean's cover 2/2...

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

Entrants invited for Race 7 (normal cover race), Race 8 (Postcard Special #1) and Race 9 (Postcard Special #2).

Start dates are flexible so if we get a full field for races 7, 8 or 9 we'll start that race next.

Add your name below to participate in upcoming races.

Race 7 (normal cover race) tentative start mid/end January '15
Entrants: agondocz (Canada), mcgooley (Australia), ajsadeh (UK), mstech (Singapore), 2 spaces available

Race 8 (Postcard Special #1) tentative start end January '15
Entrants: AMark (Canada), Hutch (Australia), woomik (UK), 3 spaces available

Race 9 (Postcard Special #2) tentative start early/mid February '15
Entrants: agondocz (Canada), TheRoyalCounty (Ireland), fromdownunder (Australia), MarkBodiella (UK) 2 spaces available

To see completed races and covers or follow progress on current races:
Race 1 (race finished)
Race 2 (race finished)
Race 3 (race finished)
Race 4 'Christmas Special #1' (race running)
Race 5 'Christmas Special #2' (race running)
Race 6 'The Marathon' (race running)

hutch
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by hutch »

Hi all!

Internaut's cover turned up today as well. It's looking very nice too! There will be another 20¢ worth of stamps to still go on to the cover when I take it back to the PO to send it on its way again.

:( I forgot to get some the other day!

:D

hutch
I am having fun collecting WW and Indian States.

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

Thanks for the update Hutch; a good looking cover.

Internaut; if you are reading this - please post here if/when you get the cover.

teals1
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by teals1 »

Love that airmail sticker. Would love a couple of those for my collection. Are they readily available?
Allen
Collector of aircraft/aviation on stamps

hutch

Post by hutch »

I'll see what I can do for you Allen!

hutch

ewen s
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!

Post by ewen s »

teals1 wrote:Love that airmail sticker. Would love a couple of those for my collection. Are they readily available?
Email sent Allen :D

fromdownunder
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by fromdownunder »

Without wishing to try and muscle in on AMark's remarkably successful Monthly Cover and Postcard exchange threads, would it be possible to get some members from there to add the World Cover Races to their list of things to do? Surely some of these members will add a second cover or postcard to their agenda, if they knew about this thread?

Norm
Geelong, VFA Premiers 1878, 1879, 1800, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1886, AFL Premiers 1925, 1931, 1937, 1951, 1952, 1963, 2007, 2009, 2011, .

AMark

Post by AMark »

I don't have any objections to adding a Cover Race promotion to the cover exchange or the postcard exchange.

Just let me know.
It does pay if you are humble and kind.
Join the September 2020 Cover Exchange ..... OR .... Join the September 2020 Postcard Exchange

AMark

Post by AMark »

teals1 wrote:Love that airmail sticker.
Agree with teals1.

Had I seen these before, I could have asked hutch to use these airmail labels on the covers that she has sent.

Oh well, there's always next time.
Join the September 2020 Cover Exchange ..... OR .... Join the September 2020 Postcard Exchange

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

AMark wrote:I don't have any objections to adding a Cover Race promotion to the cover exchange or the postcard exchange.

Just let me know.
At the moment the races are a hard sell so I'm in favour.

stampy12
GOLD Shooting Star Stampboards LEGEND!

Post by stampy12 »

This sounds like a lot of fun! :D I would certainly like to put my hand up to participate in a race that has an open position. It looks like every race already has entrants from Australia though, can there be 2 participants from the same country in the same race?
An  a day keeps the PC away, if the apple looks like a square to you then your on a PC :)

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

stampy12
We never seem to be short of racers from Australia, Canada & UK and while the upcoming races are covered I've added you to the list of entrants for Race 10 (Postcard Special #3) for the Australia spot.

We discussed previously having two or more from the same country in a race, the consensus was we should avoid this and given the wide number of countries represented on Stampboards one would think this should be easy....

Keep an eye on this thread, once we get the next cover race (Race 7) underway I'll be adding Race 10 to the thread.

stampy12

Post by stampy12 »

I thought that might be the case, i will keep my eye on the thread,
Thanks for putting me down for race 10 :)

Regards
Bradley
An  a day keeps the PC away, if the apple looks like a square to you then your on a PC :)

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

COVER & POSTCARD RACERS WANTED!

If you'd like to own a cover like those shown below and want to participate in a cover and/or postcard race, sign up by adding a post below.
Entrants invited for Race 7 (normal cover race), Race 8 (Postcard Special #1) and Race 9 (Postcard Special #2).
UPCOMING RACES:
Note: start dates are flexible so if we get a full field for races 7, 8 or 9 we'll start that race next.

Race 7 (normal cover race) tentative start end January '15
Entrants: agondocz (Canada), mcgooley (Australia), ajsadeh (UK), mstech (Singapore), 2 spaces available

Race 8 (Postcard Special #1) tentative start end January '15
Entrants: AMark (Canada), Hutch (Australia), woomik (UK), 3 spaces available

Race 9 (Postcard Special #2) tentative start early/mid February '15
Entrants: agondocz (Canada), TheRoyalCounty (Ireland), fromdownunder (Australia), MarkBodiella (UK) 2 spaces available

Don't worry if your country is already represented, register your interest below for future races.

Race Winners Gallery
Winner; Race 1
Winner; Race 2
Winner; Race 3
Winner; Race 4
Winner; Race 5
Race Rules
(i) On a predetermined and exact date each participant mails a cover with a international rate stamp(s) to the next person in the race (I'll create the mailing list).
(ii) On receipt of the cover, the recipient will add international rate stamp(s) and mail it on to the next recipient.
(iii) Covers damaged in transit shall be repaired where possible and continue onwards, if a cover is too damaged to continue it's race is over.
(iv) The winner will be the first person to receive their own cover back and posts a scan of the cover here.

Guidelines
(a) Each participant undertakes a commitment to post onward covers within one business day of receipt.
(b) At race start and on receipt of a cover a scan is to be posted in this thread.
(c) Each participant agrees to get each cover hand cancelled at their local PO when posting their cover and each onward cover.
(d) Each participant agrees to write the recipients address and senders address in pencil to enable it to be erased and a new one added each leg.
(e) Standard 'DL' size or international standard equivalent envelopes should be used with a lightweight card stiffener inserted.
(f) Stamps should be placed with care leaving a gap (~5mm) between it and the envelope edges and should not overlap other stamps.
(g) Airmail labels/etiquettes should be placed on the rear of the envelope only except those of the originating country.
(h) To aid identification during multiple races each cover should be marked on the rear in ink with a cover number in the form X/Y where X is race number and Y route position (your position in the race route) - see the race route above for your cover number.
(i) Racers may, at their discretion, mark their own cover only with 'Philatelic Cover' or similar.

Add your name below to join upcoming races.

hutch

Post by hutch »

AMark, just letting you know that I only just received those 100th Anniversary AirMail stickers the week before that cover came. They do look nice though don't they!

I shall have to "con" some more out of mcgooley! She was kind enough to send me a pile of them... and I have nearly used them all up already!! :(

There must be more out there, we just have trouble finding them!!

hutch

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Stuart, we have had (or are having) six races, with six members from normal to the current Marathon. So why not try a sprint with Race 7. We have four members so give a four member sprint a try. Subject of course to the agreement of those who have subscribed to Race 7.

I really love the Race idea, and would love to know why more members have not put their hand up for this superb idea. I originally joined in the first to make up the numbers (OK, I was lucky enough to get in within the first 24 hours), and kept going in Race 2 and 6 for the fun, and will be the first on the reserve list for any future Race where no Aussie is represented. It's a ball.

Norm
Geelong, VFA Premiers 1878, 1879, 1800, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1886, AFL Premiers 1925, 1931, 1937, 1951, 1952, 1963, 2007, 2009, 2011, .

MarkBodiella

Post by MarkBodiella »

Stats updated for the results of Race 4

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

MarkB
Thanks for adding the stats.

Norm
Thanks for the kind words.
The cover races have been successful, they are a lot of fun to participate in and watch as their journeys unfold around the world.

I've given much thought to why more members have not joined the fun; this thread is a 'sticky' so should be seen by a wide audience. Perhaps the postage costs of servicing six covers/postcards for one cover in return is not seen as attractive although the covers and their stories now in our possession are testament to the worth of participating or it may simply be that these contrived philatelic covers are of no interest.

To Race 7; I'm not against the idea of a 4 country 'sprint' but will invite the four confirmed entrants; agondocz (Canada), mcgooley (Australia), ajsadeh (UK), mstech (Singapore) to have their say.

Indeed I suggest we pose the same question to Races 8 & 9 (Postcard Specials) entrants - I'll go in Race 8 too so it has four entrants.
Race 8: AMark (Canada), Hutch (Australia), woomik (UK), TheRoyalCounty (Ireland)
Race 9: agondocz (Canada), TheRoyalCounty (Ireland), fromdownunder (Australia), MarkBodiella (UK)

While I'm here; another possible race format....
What about a national race with 4, 5 or 6 entrants from the same country? This will only work for countries where we have regular (and oversubscribed) entrants e.g. Australia, Canada & UK perhaps using a specific set of stamps, the resulting covers will be quite interesting with different cancels.
I'll throw it out for discussion.

Race 7, 8 & 9 Entrants, please add your comments below.

MarkBodiella

Post by MarkBodiella »

TheRoyalCounty wrote:MarkB
Thanks for adding the stats.
No problem Stuart
fromdownunder wrote:I really love the Race idea, and would love to know why more members have not put their hand up for this superb idea. I originally joined in the first to make up the numbers (OK, I was lucky enough to get in within the first 24 hours), and kept going in Race 2 and 6 for the fun, and will be the first on the reserve list for any future Race where no Aussie is represented. It's a ball. Norm
TheRoyalCounty wrote: I've given much thought to why more members have not joined the fun; this thread is a 'sticky' so should be seen by a wide audience. Perhaps the postage costs of servicing six covers/postcards for one cover in return is not seen as attractive although the covers and their stories now in our possession are testament to the worth of participating or it may simply be that these contrived philatelic covers are of no interest.
I too would love to know why we struggle with these races.Especially since AMark's cover and postcard exchange are always popular.
fromdownunder wrote:Stuart, we have had (or are having) six races, with six members from normal to the current Marathon. So why not try a sprint with Race 7. We have four members so give a four member sprint a try. Subject of course to the agreement of those who have subscribed to Race 7.
TheRoyalCounty wrote:To Race 7; I'm not against the idea of a 4 country 'sprint' but will invite the four confirmed entrants; agondocz (Canada), mcgooley (Australia), ajsadeh (UK), mstech (Singapore) to have their say.

Indeed I suggest we pose the same question to Races 8 & 9 (Postcard Specials) entrants - I'll go in Race 8 too so it has four entrants.
Race 8: AMark (Canada), Hutch (Australia), woomik (UK), TheRoyalCounty (Ireland)
Race 9: agondocz (Canada), TheRoyalCounty (Ireland), fromdownunder (Australia), MarkBodiella (UK)
Personally I would like to see it stay as a 6 person race but with the rule of only one person only from each country dropped so for example race 7 could be 2 from Canada and Australia and 1 from UK and Singapore with a possible route of Canada - UK - Australia - Singapore - Canada - Australia.
But given the issues with recruiting people to take part. If the majority want to go with 4 person races, I will go with the majority.
TheRoyalCounty wrote:While I'm here; another possible race format....
What about a national race with 4, 5 or 6 entrants from the same country? This will only work for countries where we have regular (and oversubscribed) entrants e.g. Australia, Canada & UK perhaps using a specific set of stamps, the resulting covers will be quite interesting with different cancels.
I'll throw it out for discussion.
I must admit that I would not be interested in a one country race.

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

Thanks for your feedback Mark...

To simplify for those following; we have three options for races 7, 8 & 9 thus:

A. Wait until we have six entrants...or
B. Allow two entrants from a maximum of two countries and stay with 6 per race...or
C. Run Races 7, 8 & 9 with four entrants (or more if others sign up)

Comments from other entrants, newcomers please.

AMark

Post by AMark »

I also think that the cover races should remain as six member races. It looks like it's the optimal number. i.e. six different stamps on a cover and the length of time is not too long.

One reason why I think that it might be difficult to recruit new members, is the commitment factor. That was one of the reasons why I did not join the Christmas races. Going away or visiting family and friends meant that I wouldn't be home to see when a cover arrived.

You might want to consider relaxing the; post the cover within one business day rule. Instead, allow several days for down time. However, for it to still remain a race a participant must post when a cover arrived (scan) and when it was posted. Final race results would only include travel time.

The cover exchange has a good number of members participating from month to month because members don't have to commit much of their time to it. Second, they can always skip a month or two. Third, for the most part they know exactly what they will be receiving.

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

AMark
Thanks for your input; I think you may be on to something re: commitment and perhaps the concept of a 'race' and the urgency to get covers posted onwards is what puts prospective entrants off.

I love the fun element that the 'race' provides, those that have completed have all provided much interest and enjoyment, and all have been difficult to call with covers changing position right till the end however the fact is that this idea may have run it's course and a new tack is needed to get wider participation.

I wonder if it would be worth trying 'A Gentle Jog' where there are no time constraints on the six participating, simply the promise of an interesting cover at the end....?
'Racing' races could continue in parallel if the interest remains for others with some tinkering of 'one business day' rule.

Keep the comments coming folks.

Canada stamper

Post by Canada stamper »

I like Mark's idea of relaxing the requirement to post within 1 business day, but still keep it a race in that only the "travel time" from date of posting would be counted in the race - the winning cover would be the one that arrived home in the shortest amount of "travel time".

Certainly I have also hesitated to join some races because of business travel and other work commitments that would prevent me from posting onwards within 1 day of receipt.

Jean
Always looking for new swap partners: Swap thread (INDEX of Lots in first post)
Please visit my Colnect page for my country and thematic wish and swap lists - these are always being updated.

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

Thanks Jean

I'm less comfortable with allowing entrants too wide a window for posting and using travel time to determine the winner.
In the extreme a cover could finish later than it's race competitors and still 'win'....

Canada stamper

Post by Canada stamper »

I think though that you either have to have a pretty standard turnover rule (1 business day) or make an adjustment based on travel time. If you widen the window for turnover, then some covers could lag simply because they are turned around consistently in (for example) 3 days while another may be turned around consistently the next day. Relaxing the window might bring in more racers. Don't make the window too wide, but maybe something like 3 days might be more workable than 1 day.

As an alternative, what about allowing for dropping into a mailbox when it is not possible to get to the post office for a hand cancel? In my situation, to get a hand cancel I need to have a morning where I don't need to be at work by a certain time, as the local post office where I get hand cancels doesn't open until 9:30 (!). However, it would be easy for me to drop the cover into any mailbox the next day. The covers would not end up looking as nice though...

Jean
Please visit my Colnect page for my country and thematic wish and swap lists - these are always being updated.

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

I have thought this over, but I still find the original concept a much more attractive proposition that an optional "I can't be bothered going to the Post Office today, after all, tomorrow is another day" (sorry about that last bit, but it was a great movie line).

Next day posting forces me into action. I have made a promise so I stick to it. And, as some people know, my giveaways sometimes sit around for a few days because "I can, because after all tomorrow is another day "

I don't mind the concept of an around a single Country race, but I would expect the covers to be rather dull. I actually contemplated an Australian 6 City Race at one point, then decided naaahhhh.

And I utterly oppose "the drop it in a mailbox" idea. The % of mail that actually does get cancelled these days is diminishing, and I could stick 6 foreign stamps on a cover tomorrow, post them to myself, and it is entirely possible that the cover would be delivered home as virginal as when I put it in the mail box.

The Race was/is a brilliant concept as it stands. I am delighted to have been a part of three of them. I cannot see why more members are not willing to spend a few bucks on 6 - 8 weeks of fun and mystery.

To my mind it does need six people from 6 different countries to make it worth, and my "sprint" idea was just a thought bubble to keep it going. If we cannot get enough members interested, well that is sad, but that is the way life works.

Norm

Canada stamper

Post by Canada stamper »

The idea of a slightly looser turnaround time was to possibly recruit more people who might not have a flexible schedule. I have been lucky in that the timing has mostly worked out so that I could go to the post office the next morning. On one occasion I had to use the pharmacy postal outlet which is open later so I can get to it after work, and that time the letter ended up back in my mailbox the next day.

But you are right, it is more exciting with a tighter timeline. And I agree with you about dropping in a mailbox, I just threw the idea out there.

I also don't think it would be as exciting to have a national rather than international race.

What about some common theme? For example what about a Lunar New Year race? Many countries have issued year of the ram stamps. I think those covers would be beautiful. I'd sign up for that for sure! We could even make that an annual event. :D

Jean

PdotK
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by PdotK »

Hi,

If it is not theme specific I am interested in participating in Race 7 and Race 8.
http://philateli.blogspot.in/ http://centsandpence.blogspot.com/
I have a new address, since November 22nd 2018. Please waterproof my materials, Thanks.

agondocz
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Post by agondocz »

Hi,

The cover race is exciting for me in whatever format works best. The covers might even talk me into going to a stamp club meeting once Spring arrives.

I also know that it takes time and effort to put these races together. Please feel free to start the races when it is convenient.

Best wishes,
AndrewG

internaut
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by internaut »

Just got the cover yesterday.

Here is a scan.

Thanks a lot, everyone!
Also, I feel that the experiment was a success. I would like to participate in a few races in the future also.

Philexx

Post by Philexx »

TheRoyalCounty wrote: Thanks for your input; I think you may be on to something re: commitment and perhaps the concept of a 'race' and the urgency to get covers posted onwards is what puts prospective entrants off.

Hi Stuart. If you would like the perspective of someone who has considered joining a race. It's exactly what you quote above. I am not lazy, far from it, but I am simply worried about not being "able" to get to the PO on the very next day. I would not want to "let the side down", simple as that. I would, however, be less worried if it was 2 days from receipt. I am considering this months races at the moment.
Join the Stampboards Monthly Cover Exchanges

dptashny
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by dptashny »

Philexx wrote:
TheRoyalCounty wrote: Thanks for your input; I think you may be on to something re: commitment and perhaps the concept of a 'race' and the urgency to get covers posted onwards is what puts prospective entrants off.

Hi Stuart. If you would like the perspective of someone who has considered joining a race. It's exactly what you quote above. I am not lazy, far from it, but I am simply worried about not being "able" to get to the PO on the very next day. I would not want to "let the side down", simple as that. I would, however, be less worried if it was 2 days from receipt. I am considering this months races at the moment.
From what I read on Postcrossing, you can't have anything but German stamps on letters from Germany...

Philexx

Post by Philexx »

Thanks for the note Daniel. Oh well Stuart that's me excluded anyway. Perhaps my comment is still of use as to the mindset of some people who consider joining.

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

internaut
It seems the experiment has worked well, India Post seem happy to service a cover with multi-country franking so I think we can be confident that members based in India should be fine to enter....and a great looking cover too :D
I'll be adding another post with upcoming races later tonight, PdotK has grabbed races 7 & 8 but race 9 (postcard special #2) has a slot open and the next cover race will be added shortly.

PdotK
Thanks for your interest too; I have no plans (yet) for a 'theme' cover other than the two Christmas races run recently so I'll add you to race 7 & 8.

Philexx
A good insight thanks and your comments reflect others posted earlier.
While the 'race' element is purely for fun the excitement of racing our covers cannot be ignored and Norm's comments above were noted however in reality I'm sure in the six races to date we've had the odd cover take a day or so longer to post onwards; real life get's in the way and of course takes priority.

I shall amend the race rules/guidelines for future races and extend the requirement to post covers onward from 1 to 2 business days.

Now for your participation....
How about we test the theory? You will have seen we conducted a successful experiment for India members (for the same reason) so I propose, with your agreement, that I send a cover to you.
On receipt you send the cover onwards to another member who sends it back to you. You can then send the cover to me (I'll make sure you get the cover back).
This will give Deutsche Post several opportunities to decide if they like our covers or not!
Let me know, and if one other member would like to help with this experiment let me know.

Norm, Jean, AMark and agondocz
Thanks for your valuable input and comments; on reflection no changes other than that mentioned above are warranted.

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

UPCOMING RACES:
Note: start dates are flexible so if we get a full field for races 7, 8 or 9 we'll start that race next.

Race 7 (normal cover race) tentative start February
Entrants: agondocz (Canada), mcgooley (Australia), ajsadeh (UK), mstech (Singapore), PdotK (India) 1 space available

Race 8 (Postcard Special #1) tentative start end February
Entrants: AMark (Canada), Hutch (Australia), woomik (UK), PdotK (India) 2 spaces available

Race 9 (Postcard Special #2) tentative start early March

Don't worry if your country is already represented, register your interest below for future races.

Please also note that the commitment to post race covers onwards within 1 business day has been relaxed and extended to 2 business days.

Philexx

Post by Philexx »

Hi Stuart,

Mark has also offered to send a trial cover, but why don't you send one too, that way we can give it a proper test. Thanks for the suggestion.

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

Philexx wrote:Mark has also offered to send a trial cover, but why don't you send one too, that way we can give it a proper test. Thanks for the suggestion.
I'll get one off tomorrow George; and thanks Mark.

MarkBodiella

Post by MarkBodiella »

TheRoyalCounty wrote:
Now for your participation....
How about we test the theory? You will have seen we conducted a successful experiment for India members (for the same reason) so I propose, with your agreement, that I send a cover to you.
On receipt you send the cover onwards to another member who sends it back to you. You can then send the cover to me (I'll make sure you get the cover back).
This will give Deutsche Post several opportunities to decide if they like our covers or not!
Let me know, and if one other member would like to help with this experiment let me know.
I can help with the experiment with Philexx if needed.

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

If you want somebody from Oz to help as well, I volunteer for one cover.

Norm

Philexx

Post by Philexx »

Marvelous thanks guys. I will contact you at some point soon for your addresses. Soon we will know how the German Post deals with these things :D

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

Thanks all
Group hug everyone :D

Canada stamper

Post by Canada stamper »

Stuart

If you run any more postcard races in future you can put me down for the Canada spot.

Jean :D

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

Jean
Already done :D
Currently it's race 10 but with two postcard races (8 & 9) upcoming I may go with a cover race for #10 in which case the PC race will be #11.

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

So, Stuart, how do we do the test run(s) with Philexx (George)? (Incidentally, George was my fathers name)

Norm

Philexx

Post by Philexx »

George is a great name, considered old-fashioned but seeing a nice surge with the birth of Prince George :D The downside is a lot of people call me Georgie!

TheRoyalCounty

Post by TheRoyalCounty »

I plan to send a cover to George, I suggest he send it on to Norm who in turn returns it to George.
Norm/George need to exchange addresses.
TheRoyalCounty → Philexx → fromdownunder → Philexx

AMark is also (I think) sending a cover to George, a return to him will give us a good indication of whether the covers are acceptable to Deutsche Post.
AMark → Philexx → AMark

Return to “SWAP your stamps and covers with other collectors Worldwide - or GIVE them away FREE!”