A few simple ground rules.
1. Any member of stampboards.com who has at least 60 posts, and has been registered here for at least 60 days, may post for Swaps here, or join swapping threads, or apply for free offers. The "60/60 Rule". All other posts will be removed by Moderators. We want all members to be able to deal with confidence here - so having a rough idea of the members, from their previous posts does help a lot.
We sadly have had issues with some newer members engaging in swaps, and the more senior member not receiving the goods. This chews up much Admin time to sort out, and causes annoyance all round. Their membership is normally terminated, so do NOT become one of them. SOME more complicated exchanges or giveaways may have more stringent qualifying rules such as "90/90". Where these exist, that will be clearly outlined in Post #1 of such threads.
BUT any member can offer their surplus stamps FREE if they choose. The exception to all the above is if material is specifically offered to YOUNG collectors, and the member claiming goods has less than "60/60". IF Mods are are satisfied that he/she is indeed a young member - that rule is waived. All other posts WILL be removed by Moderators.
If you are new here, wander around the other forums, and say 'Hi' on the "Roll Call" thread, and let the members see a little more of you, and know who you are. Get a 'feel' of how we do things here. We are friendly and helpful COMMUNITY. It is a 2 way street here. Ask a few questions about stamps, add a few comments of your own to other member's questions. Remember - participating in these Forums is a privilege - not a right.
You can seek to BUY things you need, in this special Forum below, that also has clear rules for new members - take a read of them please - http://www.stampboards.com/viewforum.php?f=9
2. Stampboards is not the giver or receiver ... we are simply a neutral venue to hopefully match up Stamp Swappers. We are like the notice board at a shopping centre selling old lawn mowers or baby strollers or old toasters. A conduit only. We make nothing from this - we offer this forum as a free service only for members. Both parties to contact each other DIRECT. stampboards offers no warranty on anything offered here.
3. In view of the above we are not offering ANY warranty of guarantee whatever, as we do not have clue about any goods. Ask the thread starter all the questions you want off line. If the thread starter is Harish Kumarandangan from Bangalore who wants $100 "cash only" for a 5/- Bridge, or offers a good deal on swap, use common sense. If it sounds too good to be true - it probably is! If we hear of any member ripping off others, that member will be suspended.
4. This venue is for SPECIFIC offers only to fellow members of stampboards. Moderators will remove any such posts that do not comply, with no notice. This forum is only for SPECIFIC items you want to SWAP or GIVE AWAY FREE. You need to add images, and it is very wise and pure common sense to number each offer i.e. "ozstamps swap offer 16" etc. And those interested need to post on that same thread - "interested in ozstamps swap offer 16 - will contact you via email", or "interested in ozstamps swap offer 16 - please email me on ozstamps [at] optus.com" etc. (Be sure to disguise email as shown) Without such posts, it is not clear to anyone what offer has any interest, in case Admin needs to check anything, and it simply wastes everyone's time.
5. To participate in this forum you **MUST** have your email address enabled via our software, and "replies turned on" Unless you have this done, no-one can contact you direct, and you will not receive replies to your ad. To do this go to your "PROFILE" tab at top left, and:
In fact all members should have this ticked "YES" at all times in our view.
6. Further to point 5 and even MORE important, you **MUST** tick this box when making your post here - Notify me when a reply is posted - otherwise you will not know when a question is being asked of you re the material etc or any response.
7. Stampboards Members are often busy folks. Be SAVVY in your thread headings to save them time - and hopefully get YOU a trade. "Have spare Stamps to Swap" is near useless as a heading for instance. Be SPECIFIC. Add a scan of what you have and your results will be FAR stronger. Indeed many offers are quite meaningless UNLESS you add a photo, which is just common sense. "Have 27 assorted Kangaroo stamps, and want FU 1d Black" is a non starter here unless you add a photo etc. Adding photos here is a CINCH - http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=284 8)
8. Postage in general is paid by both sides unless otherwise stated. For smaller value transactions regular mail will probably be used unless you both agree otherwise. Again this is where a degree of trust comes in, and WHY we need to restrict this forum to members with AT LEAST 60 posts to their name, over 60 days.
9. Tell members roughly what you WANT in return for your trade - be fairly specific if you can. Members can't read minds!
10. If you want to give something away FREE to other members - thanks for sharing with fellow stampboarders. You may have 10 years of "Stamp News" magazines you do not need, or a box of "Stamp Bulletins" free for anyone happy to pay shipping - just say so! NO minimum member post number is required to GIVE away material - see point 1. Thanks for your generosity.
And those giving away material may, if they wish, stipulate something like - "Members with minimum 100 posts only please" etc. If you want recipient to pay post for any freebies, please say so. Indeed as we sadly have a few resident "freebie hounds", who jump on anything totally free and post free, saying "you only pay postage at my cost" on thread is never a bad idea. Whether you actually collect it from them or not, is up to you, but it does clearly mean your respondent is genuine, and truly wants the item offered and is not just vacuuming up freebies to get a few $$s of foreign stamps on the outer envelope!
11. All members swapping or giving away stamps, by doing so are deemed to have fully agreed to the above. If you do not agree - do not participate.
email - admin [at] stampboards.com with any queries.
The Administrator, and the Volunteer Moderator Team.