Watch on as Ebay Bargain Bunnies get ripped off for $100,000

News items. General trends, new issues, new policies etc. **Whatever** you like. WORLDWIDE. Start a new thread on your question. Please do not discuss ebay in THIS forum as we have a separate and popular Forum for that discussion.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Watch on, as Ebay Bargain Bunnies get ripped off for $20

Post by Global Administrator »

traralgon3844 wrote:Six (6) Negs and rising. Man the life boats.

A trail of annoyed rabbits. Serves them right of course, but it shows the danger of bidding on ebay on perceived stamp "bargains" even from sellers with high feedback.

There are no free lunches in life. :idea:

Princestamps
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Watch on, as Ebay Bargain Bunnies get ripped off for $30

Post by Princestamps »

Meanwhile the guy promising me the $2.300.000.00 USDollars and a fine Ukrainian wife is going to get my negative feedback soon unless I see them. But seriously the bunnies are finally taking this crook to task. Hope they ban him soon.
Militantly left wing and proud - but not a communist.

mikyh
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by mikyh »

Here are two of the negatives.

Item Not Received - No reply from the seller

Mike

revenuecollector
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by revenuecollector »

The only positive is if the scammer in fact did not ship anything, the buyers will get their money back, granted at eBay's expense rather than the seller's.

Had they actually received something, it would likely have been harder for them to jump through all the hoops.

A Helmich
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by A Helmich »

Bonjoh7 has been NARU-ed today by ebay.

EBay's innocuous "not a registered user" avoids stating that the account was closed because of fraud.

Total count of 8 negatives.
Protect the Black Swan, hunt ducks.
Exposing forgeries.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Another of the forger's identities has just listed up a heap of CHINA including minisheets and sets valued in the hundreds.

Seller: aujoh-4q99e7
TRAIN WRECK STAGE 2
https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/aujoh-4q99e7/m.html?item=16154570 ... _PrefLoc=2
Watch on as the bunnies get fleeced again.
A few of the 40 Lots he has listed. The total should rival the other scam listing.

We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

mstech
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by mstech »

Hi traralgon3844,

Pardon me for asking, but how did you know that "aujoh-4q99e7" is the crook in question? Would you be able to show us your sleuthing tricks so that we can be aware of such scams and can help alert others where possible (since eBay is not going to take any action against such scammers)?

This latest posting of yours has helped me as I have used it to stop my neighbour from being a bunny 9 times over. But given that philatelic materials from China is red hot at the moment, I will not be surprised that there will be plenty of bunnies rushing off the cliff.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

mstech wrote:
Pardon me for asking, but how did you know that "aujoh-4q99e7" is the crook in question?
Trust me we know for certain this spiv is about to rip off another army of clueless bargain hunting Bunnies for another $50,000 or so.

They'll all be mailed empty white envelopes by Registered Post and hence have zero success in an PayPal claim. :idea:

Unless you and others take the time to report him now, and advise them he is one and the same as "Bonjoh7" and the other 50 accounts that ebay have closed down from this crook in the past.

Ebay and paypal LOSE money from these crooks, so whilst ebay generally do not give a stuff about the totally FORGED stamps this guy sells, they DO care about losing money as they will here.

Traralgon is an active Police Sergeant, and some things the police know, that you do not. :mrgreen:

Every one here has a set of eyes, you included, and his usual fare of totally forged 1931 Kingsford Smith "OS" overprints, NZ QE2 "Stars" error, Forged "Specimen" perfins on Crown Agents issues, and so on are his stock in trade. You folks need to learn to check PAST SALES to educate yourself. :idea:

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/aujoh-4q99e7/m.html?item=16154570 ... te=1&rt=nc

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

mstech wrote:Hi traralgon3844,

Pardon me for asking, but how did you know that "aujoh-4q99e7" is the crook in question?
Although there are around 130,947 results in 'Australia' for stamps (USA eBay) it is amazing how small the seller community is on a whole.

I have been following this forger for a few years and am quite familiar with his offerings. Without revealing too much I can assure you that "aujoh-4q99e7" is the Sydney forger.

I was onto him with his first listings as aujoh-4q99e7. He has kept this identity relatively clean, but as you can see he has sold the usual forgeries that have a bit of value, but other than that it is cheap items.

Now all of a sudden he lists $20,000 worth of Chinese stamps. That alone should ring alarm bells with anyone.

His other current identities (Yes he has more than one selling on eBay) have taken a bit of hiding lately so it appears being the greedy crook that he is, he is out for the quick big kill before walking away from the identities and starting all over again.

Anyone thinking of bidding on any of this material should be prepared to do this............
Thanks for the GIF Tony
You Have Been Warned!!!
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

mstech wrote:Hi traralgon3844,

Oh Yee Of Little Faith.
I hadn't done much on this little scam since I posted, but had a quick look for images for sold/current items on eBay. I came up with a blank on thefew I checked.

I them went to Delcampe and had a hit with the first one I checked.

This is the Delcampe lot. Item: 259446814 Priced at around $8,000 Au.

https://www.delcampe.net/page/item/id,259446814,var,China-MNH ... age,E.html

The eBay SCAM listing.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/China-1967-Poems-Poetry-of-Mao-Zedong-MNH-/161638142743

Anyone else want to do a little sleuthing on Delcampe? Remember to check current and finished listings.

Hint: Start with the 1963 Butterflies :wink:

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Not everything is showing up on Delcampe, but here is another match from a different Delcampe seller.

Delcampe Item: 209672677 CHINA PRC 1978 HORSE SC # 1389-1398 MNH

https://www.delcampe.net/page/item/id,209672677,var,CHINA-PRC ... age,E.html

The eBay listing. Item: 161638168408

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/China-1978-Galloping-Horses-MNH-/161638168408

eBay image. Note the white spots on the hagner, let alone matching perfs etc.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

traralgon3844 wrote:
Anyone else want to do a little sleuthing on Delcampe? Remember to check current and finished listings.

Hint: Start with the 1963 Butterflies :wink:
This is the set being offered by aujoh-4q99e7 : China 1963 Butterflies Complete Set of 20

eBay item number: 161638131966

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/China-1963-Butterflies-Complete-S ... 1638131966

This is the set being offered by Nasrstamps from Egypt on Delcampe. Item number: 263265873

https://www.delcampe.net/page/item/id,263265873,var,China--Pe ... age,E.html

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

I'm getting bored with matching these, it is too easy. I will bet the army of eBay bunnies will not do one skerrick of checking before bidding on a $8,000 set.

This set is priced at a measly $1,000 US. China 1963 S57 Hwang Shan Complete Set MNH

The scam eBay listing by aujoh-4q99e : item 161638133333.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/China-1963-Hwang-Shan-Complete-Set-MNH-/161638133333

The Delcampe listing from a vendor in Singapore.

Note the poor quality of the image in both listings. You'd think aujoh-4q99e would have found a better image for his con, but then again there has been an army of ebayers buying from him over the years with poor images ofhis forged stamps.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Good to see the con man is still following the board, the listings are being ended by him and I think in some cases re listed or the lots are being reimaged and worded/changed.

Edit: At this stage he has ended all the stamp lots and has left most of the mini sheets. Each Lot was ended for this reason: "This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing." The error was getting caught out.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Well it looks like he is going to push on with the mini sheets and no doubt suckers will fall for the con. The Mini Sheets should still net him a few thousand dollars.

There was another set on my screen before they all started being ended by the serial con man.

The 1972 Yenan set. eBay item 161638149622

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/China-1972-30th-Anniversary-of-Pu ... 1638149622

The image from Delcampe from yet another seller.

https://www.delcampe.net/page/item/id,301932291,var,Chine-Chi ... age,E.html

aethelwulf

Post by aethelwulf »

With the demand for China material as strong as it is, you could get 30 people bidding on anything, throw up an image and a 99 cent start, and the feathers fly. Perfect material to run a short-term scam with. :o
traralgon3844 wrote:Well it looks like he is going to push on with the mini sheets and no doubt suckers will fall for the con.
Hard to pinpoint where he steals images from for a single M/S, as they all look the same. I've seen auction catalogues for sales in HK where there'll be a dozen of the same M/S on offer, and all of them are illustrated in the catalogue--the layout person could have just done a copy-paste 12 times and you'd never know the difference. :roll:
Collecting Mongolia; Thailand; Indo-China; Mourning Covers; OHMS.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Time to bump this to page one so further people may see it.

aujoh-4q99e7 had listed an has since ended this lot after this thread highlighted the scam.

China 1973 n57-62 Giant Panda Full Set MNH. Item: 161638153173

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/China-1973-n57-62-Giant-Panda-Full-Set-MNH-/161638153173

The images came from a Delcampe lot: 129666916

If the mini sheets are left to run I feel there are people who will be the subject of this Mark Twain quote:

“It's easier to fool people than to convince them that they have been fooled.”

I like that little ad at the bottom of the Delcampe image: "Discover why Delcampe is for you."

Delcampe are much more proactive in dealing with conmen than eBay. A safer place to buy. After all eBay were warned about the con that started this thread and they left it to run, creating a $27,000 mess for them. Those mini sheets are going to create a small mess, though still in the thousands.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Time for another bump with another matched set, and there are plenty more where this comes from.

This time the Paris Commune set offered for sale on Delcampe by USA based Tihvech at just on $580.00. Au

Of course the same image appears in the aujoh-4q99e7 listing.

Delcame listing: 236884270

https://www.delcampe.net/page/item/id,236884270,var,PR-China- ... age,E.html

The scam ebay listing that aujoh-4q99e7 ended early.

eBay item: 161638148607

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/China-1971-The-100th-Anniversary- ... 1638148607

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

I can't work out what is going on with this listing.

He has just listed a lot on a 3 day listing described as: China collection mint and used.

Item: 161644275149 https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/China-collection-mint-and-used-/161644275149

The image shows a single mini sheet which he had listed as: China 1984 Tang Beauties miniature sheet MNH in one of his cancelled listings.

Hardly a collection and hardly mint and used and hardly worth the AU $2,845.67 asking price. One recently sold for $106 US.

There perhaps to give some crediblity to his mini sheet auction listings.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

He really wants to make a killing off this identity. He has just loaded up a few more China and a heap of rare Japan issues.

These appear to have come from auction catalogues again, as per the first scam on page one.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

He has been adding regularly to his listings. Again all the material seems to have come from printed auction catalogue images.

The added lots are rare Italian covers and stamps, Russian covers and stamps and some 1870's Cina Shanghai stamps.

eBay and Paypal must have money to throw away.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/m.html?item=161545707695&hash=ite ... c=2&_sop=1

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Keep hitting that "Report Item" button folks. :idea:

ottawasteve

Post by ottawasteve »

It appears that, before bidding more than $100 on Ebay, best to search Stampboards or at least google the seller's name.

These frauds....sad. And amazing the fools they snag.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Cherrystone appears to have sold these blocks in 2007 for $13,500 US.

Of course someone with a feedback under 50 would start them at 99p on eBay.

https://www.cherrystoneauctions.com/_auction/results.asp?auct ... 50r+and+7r

aethelwulf

Post by aethelwulf »

It should raise an alarm bell to bidders that someone offering so much expensive material has a username like aujoh-4q99e7 instead of a "proper" name. But then, we know from all the Bunnies that the average IQ of eBay buyers seems to be only double-digits.

EBay/Paypal really has money to burn if they don't catch on and ban this guy. Watch for an announcement soon of rises to selling fees--gotta cover all the losses somehow. :roll:
Collecting Mongolia; Thailand; Indo-China; Mourning Covers; OHMS.

revenuecollector

aethelwulf wrote:It should raise an alarm bell to bidders that someone offering so much expensive material has a username like aujoh-4q99e7 instead of a "proper" name.
Holy generalizations, Batman!

You couldn't be more wrong on this one. I've been buying on eBay for more than 15 years, and I cannot count the number of 4-figure and 5-figure feedback seller usernames I have encountered that are completely incomprehensible. What carries meaning to a person may mean nothing to everyone else. The username is just a unique string of letters and numbers, nothing more.

There is absolutely no correlation between the composition of the username and whether or not the seller is legitimate. Much better things to look at for a seller are (1) the amount of feedback, (2) the actual comments in the feedback, (3) how long the seller account has been active to get its feedback, and (4) looking at the types of merchandise the seller routinely lists and sells (e.g., if a seller who usually deals in auto parts all of a sudden starts listing high-dollar stamps, that's a red flag).

But the username? No.

wilko

Post by wilko »

I reported a Trinidad Lady McLeod that this guy had for sale and which he claimed had been part of his dear old dad's collection. I actually did a bit of internet browsing and found that the very same stamp had sold at auction for £7,500 in 2005(?).

A look at his feedback revealed he had sold mostly low value items since joining in December so the sudden change to high value items starting at 99p seemed curious. He had a lot of other nice looking stuff ending at the same time. It was only then that I thought I would check on Stampboards. Bingo!

I found the reporting procedure useless and was expecting to be given the opportunity to say something given I was making a report of fraud. Instead all it allowed me to do was choose from a list of options. However, the listing was ended within minutes due to an "error in the listing".

I also see that a number of other listings seem to have ended in similar fashion. However, a greater number of listings ended with significant bids. I suspect the buyers will be disappointed as it looked to be nice stuff. I do wonder whether E-bay don't employ human beings to deal with the reports of fraud.

Why would they pull some listings and yet allow others from the same seller to complete? Maybe this explains why they don't want reports to go into detail as computers don't read it , they just pull listings.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

wilko wrote:
I found the reporting procedure useless and was expecting to be given the opportunity to say something given I was making a report of fraud. Instead all it allowed me to do was choose from a list of options.
If you want reports to go to a Human and lt you add your comments using this - https://www.tinyurl.com/ebayfakes - also found at - https://www.ebay.com/scw - there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply, so all the relevant info can be added.

Also on EVERY ebay lot there is a “Report Item” icon – whether the sale is ended or not.

Reporting that via the simple drop-down options as shown below is a 5 second operation -
If ebay gets 5 or 10 reports on any given items they WILL generally take notice. They usually warn the user and remove the lot. Sellers getting several such removed lots are in trouble.

Let’s use ‘people power’ to stop this material getting offered.

Everyone “hoping” others act, will get nothing done - like most things in life! It takes teamwork and a Community Spirit, and the dodgy and misleading lots will be FAR less.

ebay now have set up a fast new portal JUST to report suspected sellers of forged and dodgy stamps at - https://www.tinyurl.com/ebayfakes - also found at - https://www.ebay.com/scw - there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply, so all the relevant info can be added. Unlike most ebay complaint forms that allow just 100 characters etc.

Please take a moment to do BOTH ….. do the “Report Item” drop-down, and give a summary on the link above.

Most likely they will go to 2 different ebay staffers, and that is double trouble for the fakers.

Some staffers ignore such stuff, others are more pro-active – it is a lottery.

However several reports on any single item can be seen by all staffers looking at it, and that generally gets some action.

Even if 4 staffers have ignored it, the 5th staffer might see 5 reports and decide to act etc. :mrgreen:

"People Power" - never under-estimate the value of it! 8)

ebayer

Post by ebayer »

Looks like ebay got enough reports on aujoh-4q99e7 and cancelled the account today -

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&u ... llFeedback

My figures showed the gullible had bought about $65,000 of non existent stamps off him in recent weeks. Buying rare stamps via "private auctions" (always a red flag) from a low feedback seller with no past history of owning such material.

I hope they lose the lot personally, but based on the work of others they may not all do their money.

traralgon3844

Re: Watch on, as Ebay Bargain Bunnies get ripped off for $50

Post by traralgon3844 »

TAKE THREE.
He is at it again
!

I am currently on a train but the confirmed identity of the Sydney Forger assa_jef is pulling the same scam.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/assa_jef/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Members may wish to add a few snags of the scam lots.

ebayer

Post by ebayer »

A lot of them are ending in an hour or so.

Maybe he ran them as a 2 or 3 day auction?

Hopefully a few members can place bids, and pass on here what ebay ends up saying re payment for these non existent stamps.

Claims to be in "Tasmania" now, all "Private auctions" and is running as 3 days sales - which no-one legit would ever do, with such better material

Anyone who doubts ebay is often an appalling venue to sell better stamps needs to check here in a few hours -

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Flushed with his success with that first lot of sham listings above assa_jef has plonked another 37 lots on eBay.

Again the images have been taken from auction catalugues. If you look closely at the extremely poor quality images you can see the borders around many of the images.

assa_jef is in a hurry to get the payments in and has listed this demand in the description: Please note:
payment must be made within 5 days or I will re-list the item and open unpaid case.

assa_jef wants to be able to transfer the money out of the paypal account before anyone twigs to his scam.

An example of one of his listings with the demand for fast payment.

Some of the other scam lots.

Different countries and types of material than his last scams. Why? To make sure he is targetting a new bunch of bunnies who won't be aware of the previous cons. He is also now claiming to be in Tasmania. Must have had a recent move from Padstow in Sydney. :lol:

ebayer

Post by ebayer »

ebayer wrote:
Looks like ebay got enough reports on aujoh-4q99e7 and cancelled the account today -

My figures showed the gullible had bought about $65,000 of non existent stamps off him in recent weeks.

Buying rare stamps via "private auctions" (always a red flag) from a low feedback seller with no past history of owning such material.

I hope they lose the lot personally, but based on the work of others they may not all do their money.
Have members ere reported this new "assa_jef" scammer (same user as the one they banned above and 50 other names he has used) to ebay using the special link above?

doc
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!

Post by doc »

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/assa_jef/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

Just reported the guy above - assa_jef - ebay will lose a lot of money on these and recent sales.

He has another ID doing the same thing right now - offering a string of material he clearly does not own, 3 day auctions, and hopes to vanish with the paypal $20,000 funds before the gullible starting complaining their bargain stamps have not arrived.

"auandr_pajgxdrkx"

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/auandr_pajgxdrkx/m.html?_nkw=&_ar ... ksid=p3692

BruceK

Post by BruceK »

With success from the previous listings, assa_jef is still at it and has listed up another 38 items of scanned cut-outs.

In the following item you get to bid on 19 cut-outs.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NSW-Group-of-26-1854-60-Imperf-pe ... 1748726094

With 6 bids already, is no one looking at the zoom in image. It shows clearly that the item is 19 pieces of paper.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Between the 3 identities he was attempting to get away with around $100,000. Only he, eBay and Paypal will know just how much he stole.

Two of the identities assa_jef and aujoh-4q99e7 are now NARU.

He obviously worked out it was easier and faster to pull scams like these, rather than his drip feed cons with forged overprints, perfins and repaired stamps etc. Especially when the heat was on to some of the identities from ebay.

[Image
He is still pressing on with the last active id that we know about: auandr_pajgxdrkx

He is even trying the usual trick of offering a few high priced second chance offers to put some icing on the cake.

Total sales for this id are around £8,000.

Thomas
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Post by Thomas »

traralgon3844 wrote:
He is still pressing on with the last active id that we know about: auandr_pajgxdrkx

He is even trying the usual trick of offering a few high priced second chance offers to put some icing on the cake.
Yes the ebay scammer "auandr_pajgxdrkx" seems to be doing very well this week from folks who do not mind bidding in Private Auctions, from someone with low feedback and selling things in 3 day sales no sane sellers would offer thus - indeed a simply Google search of ANY seller name, will warn them off

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/auandr_pajgxdrkx/m.html?_nkw=&_ar ... te=1&rt=nc

Hopefully ebay members will report this dodgy "auandr_pajgxdrkx" seller ASAP and remind ebay it is the same person as "assa_jef" and "aujoh-4q99e7" that they just banned for life. And save ebay and/or silly buyers $100,000 or so.

ebay have a portal JUST to report suspected dodgy stamp sellers at http://www.ebay.com/scw- there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply

ebayer

Re: Watch on as Ebay Bargain Bunnies get ripped off for $100

Post by ebayer »

There seem to be a lot of dopes who have bought these non existent stamps off ebay fraudster "auandr_pajgxdrkx" and same seller faker ID ... "a-z_stamps" and hopefully have not paid yet -

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/auandr_pajgxdrkx/m.html?_nkw=&_ar ... te=1&rt=nc

One of his other accounts, "a-z_stamps" has mostly been selling totally forged "SPECIMEN" perfins -

http://www.ebay.ie/sch/a-z_stamps/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=&LH_Complete=1&rt=nc

I also reported it here - http://www.ebay.com/scw - I am sure a few others doing so, will wake ebay up. :idea:

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=59680

Many collectors will just give up on buying stamps on ebay if they are not fast acting on $100,000 scams like this.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

eBay dropped the ball on not NARUing auandr_pajgxdrkx.

The negs have started.

Why you would leave a neutral for getting ripped off has got me stumped.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Just for the record, seeing the negs are coming in thick and fast and all trace of his fraudulent sales will disappear. I thought I would record a few of his dodgy sales.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

The negs are starting to flood in. I see that the last person to leave negs bought 3 items and structured his feedback to leave a more comprehensive message.

Carolina

Post by Carolina »

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Ebay wonders why their STAMPS division is the second worse performer in their entire business, when someone can be still let trade after ripping off ebayers for a fortune, and has attracted FOURTEEN Negs and neutrals in a week, and yet still be rated -
This member is a TOP RATED SELLER

Consistently achieves highest buyer ratings. (No, he has a PAGE of negatives so far!)

Ships items quickly (He shipped none, and vanished with the Bunny Munny.)

Has earned a track record of Excellent service (No, has offered no service at all)
Ebay has totally lost the plot. They'd allow Saddam Hussein or Bin Laden to have an account as long as they paid their seller fees. :idea:

https://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&u ... llFeedback

revenuecollector

Global Administrator wrote:...has attracted FOURTEEN Negs and neutrals in a week, and yet still be rated -

Glen, in all fairness, "Top Rated Seller" designations are not given or taken away in real time as transactions and feedback are added. A seller is evaluated monthly, so this (or any) seller will retain the Top Rated Seller badge until their next evaluation date.

Depending on timing, you could get 100 negs and 1-star ratings tomorrow and still not lose the designation for weeks...

julesjelev

Post by julesjelev »

revenuecollector wrote: A seller is evaluated monthly, so this (or any) seller will retain the Top Rated Seller badge until their next evaluation date.
There is a problem right there! You can see in the first posted feedback window on this page how he had 5 positives, 7 negatives and 1 neutral in the past 30 days and how he is still a "Top Rated Seller"! Unbelievable.

If Ebay provides feedback score for the past 30 days, they should be able to base their seller's rating on the past 30 days.

But they left him be Top Rated and scamming buyers for much longer than 30 days, as the last rating window above shows!

I also find the space Ebay leaves for feedback comments inadequate. It is just enough for a FY note, not to explain what the issue was!

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

This scam by the identity auandr_pajgxdrkx should have cost eBay/Paypal $20,000.

30 negs so far and they are still coming in. Oddly auandr_pajgxdrkx is not NARU.

If members did report these fraudulent sales as was suggested, it shows that eBay really doesn't care. Your sky high eBay sales fees and paypal fees are paying for scammers like this. Fraudulent losses are factored into the fees.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

revenuecollector wrote:
Global Administrator wrote:...has attracted FOURTEEN Negs and neutrals in a week, and yet still be rated -

Glen, in all fairness, "Top Rated Seller" designations are not given or taken away in real time as transactions and feedback are added. A seller is evaluated monthly, so this (or any) seller will retain the Top Rated Seller badge until their next evaluation date.

Depending on timing, you could get 100 negs and 1-star ratings tomorrow and still not lose the designation for weeks...
Your comment of May 7 is noted. Ebay do NOT have a single clue these days.

Fraudster Paradise.

Carolina

Post by Carolina »

OK the rule on ebay seems to be you need to receive THIRTY TWO negatives in a row to get de-registered.

snowy12
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by snowy12 »

I wonder if things will change when eBay and Paypal separate.

I can't see Paypal covering for eBay's total lack of accountability for the fraudulent activity that ebay should be responsible for.

Brian
Life's too short - spend your money now, or someone else will!!

Nick777VVV

Post by Nick777VVV »

Fascinating thread.

Might be interesting to have a bit of fun next time the board agrees a forger has posted multiple scam items.

Open a fresh eBay account and then put $50,000 snipe bids on every lot. 'Win' every lot, sit back and wait for the forger to try and justify to eBay why he should get paid.

Frankly, I doubt that would happen. He wouldn't want to engage and if he did we have a community of experts here that could easily evidence the fraud.

Result - one pi**ed off forger who got nothing for his efforts but wasted time.

Sound like a plan or am I missing something?
http://www.classiclatinamerica.com
News, commentary and opinion on Central & South American philately

Return to “Discuss stamps - and *anything* at ALL happening with stamps”