Coronavirus impacting international mail services

News items. General trends, new issues, new policies etc. **Whatever** you like. WORLDWIDE. Start a new thread on your question. Please do not discuss ebay in THIS forum as we have a separate and popular Forum for that discussion.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Re: Coronavirus impacting international mail services

Post by 22028 »

Posted in UK on 6 July to Germany, just arrived (delivered by GLS who is the cooperation partner of Royal Mail in Germany)..., 3 days, same delivery time as before the crisis...
Collecting Interests: Tibet, Nepal-Classic Issues, Iran-First Issue (Lion stamps), Iraq-Railway stamps 1928-1942, Overland Mail Baghdad - Haifa, SCADTA, the provisional Registration stamps issue 1921, Colombia, the private carrier stamps.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

22028 wrote:
08 Jul 2020 22:36

This is what German Post / DHL informs:

Australia:

Transport capacities to Australia are currently considerably reduced, so that the dispatch of letters and parcels can only be maintained under special measures.

The dispatch of letter items weighing up to 500 g and with a maximum thickness of 2 cm (i.e. document dispatch via letter single tariff, letter at kilo tariff, etc.) is still possible

We do not offer the shipping of merchandise mail and small parcels to Australia until further notice

The restrictions also apply to shipments to Tasmania and North Howe Island.

Fantastic to see Germany Post is right up on Geography, and has decided that Tasmania is not generally part of Australia - and I wonder where North Howe Island is?
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

Rigs
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by Rigs »

Global Administrator wrote:
09 Jul 2020 19:45
22028 wrote:

Australia:

Transport capacities to Australia are currently considerably reduced, so that the dispatch of letters and parcels can only be maintained under special measures.

The dispatch of letter items weighing up to 500 g and with a maximum thickness of 2 cm (i.e. document dispatch via letter single tariff, letter at kilo tariff, etc.) is still possible

We do not offer the shipping of merchandise mail and small parcels to Australia until further notice

Fantastic to see Germany Post is right up on Geogprahy and has decided Tasmania is not generally part of Australia - and I wonder where North Howe Island is?
That bit above the south bit.

kuikka
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by kuikka »

Just a small reminder. North is Nord in German. That is only one letter typing mistake, if made by a person. However, it could have been changed by autocorrect function even if spelled correctly in the first place.

Lakatoi 4
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Location: First star on the right then straight on till morning ...

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

Kuikka, you are too kind.

Post by 22028 »

Some more, just arrived, delivered by German Post

Canada- Germany, ordinary Mail, 23 June - 9 July
Australia - Germany, registered Mail (not the one as inquired here earlier) in an Australia Post envelope market "For letters and documents only", but containng stamps, 18 June - 9 July

And one registered cover sent from Germany to NZ i can add as well...
Sent 12 June and arrived at NZ delivery Post Office 26 June
Last edited by 22028 on 09 Jul 2020 23:36, edited 1 time in total.
Collecting Interests: Tibet, Nepal-Classic Issues, Iran-First Issue (Lion stamps), Iraq-Railway stamps 1928-1942, Overland Mail Baghdad - Haifa, SCADTA, the provisional Registration stamps issue 1921, Colombia, the private carrier stamps.

Post by 22028 »

Global Administrator wrote:
09 Jul 2020 19:45
22028 wrote:

Australia:

Fantastic to see Germany Post is right up on Geography, and has decided that Tasmania is not generally part of Australia - and I wonder where North Howe Island is?
Yes, DHL lists Tasmania as own delivery/service area, I guess this is because Tasmania is an island and also in German i.e. delivery charges for parcels from Germany to German island may apply different charge

And North Howe should read Lord-Howe., but I guess you know this... but since you found the typo, you can keep it.

erich

Post by erich »

The Priority/Express envelopes from Australia do go via air, but:

-- There can be a week delay before they get the mail onto the plane. I assume there is a backlog of mail, they fit what they can, and your item has to queue up until there is room to send it.

-- On the receiving end, it can kick around in Customs for a couple weeks. I'd guess they are short-handed and have a processing backlog.

-- Domestic mail is slower in the US -- Priority Mail here has gone from being a 2-3 day service to 4 days.

So it took just under a month to get one of those from Glen.

Queenslander
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!

Post by Queenslander »

Sent a parcel of stamp albums to Qatar on 28th March Customer thought lost so wanted money back. Arrived Wednesday this week 7th July. Thanks Australia Post.
Collector of Australia and UK plus too many other bits and pieces. Look for me on Delcampe and Ebay as Queenslander also Ebay as queenslander-one & queenslander-1 for my Stamp offers.

Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

I should have added these emails in my earlier post a couple of pages back regarding the time it is taking for a purchase from Germany to Australia:

Email dated 2 April

“Unfortunately we can not ship to Australia at the moment.We receive new information from the parcel services every hour. A current information from dhl is as follows:

Shipments with goods contents to Australia (i.e. DHL Paket International, Päckchen International and Warenpost International) can no longer be accepted until further notice due to problems with transport, customs clearance and/or delivery in the destination area.

The lot is reserved for you and we will send it to you immediately if it is possible again.
We thank you for your understanding.”

And this relieved on 27 June after my email to them:

“Unfortunately there is no change so far, the Covid 19 surcharge of 16,oo Euro per shipment is still charged. This regulation is out of our control, sorry for having no better news.

You can be sure I’ll stay in contact with you and our other AUS customers. They are all keen on receiving their items quickly.

Best wishes and stay healthy
Maria

Maria Dewald
Assistentin Christoph Gärtner | Assistant to Christoph Gaertner”

The levy mentioned of 16 Euro above differs markedly from the 3.60 Euro levy mentioned by member 22028 in his earlier post. Seems a lot for a single standard cover don’t you think :!:

Can anyone else confirm the current German Post/DHL levy :?:
Tony
"A cancelled stamp tells part of the story, a cover tells it all"

Zurich
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Post by Zurich »

Parcel shipments from Germany to Australia are the same as shipments from Germany to the USA. Parcel service is available but there is a required "Service Premium" fee which varies by the weight of the parcel. You can find the current rates (in English) at the following website: https://www.dhl.de/en/privatkunden/pakete-versenden/weltweit ... ional.html.

I have received (in Seattle) several parcels of stamps from Germany within the last month using this service. They have been delivered more quickly than normal and generally faster than registered airmail.

Good luck.

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Perhaps someone with relevant information/knowledge can answer questions the previous posts raise for me:
What is Germany's "Covid19 surcharge" on parcels actually for? Is it raising money for those out of work because of the shutdown? Is it paying for the cost of special service that is slowing down handling, so costing more to handle a given quantity of parcels? Is it a penalty to discourage use of the postal service? Who actually benefits from this "Covid19 surcharge" ?
Thanks,
/RogerE

erich

Post by erich »

The important thing if you are shipping internationally from the US is to check the service suspension list (which is smaller than it was, but still substantial).

https://about.usps.com/newsroom/service-alerts/international/welcome.htm

There is a long list of countries where no mail transport is available, and a smaller one where the destination postal service has suspended operations.

kuikka

Post by kuikka »

Lakatoi 4 wrote:
12 Jul 2020 11:37
I should have added these emails in my earlier post a couple of pages back regarding the time it is taking for a purchase from Germany to Australia:

Email dated 2 April

“Unfortunately we can not ship to Australia at the moment.We receive new information from the parcel services every hour. A current information from dhl is as follows:

Shipments with goods contents to Australia (i.e. DHL Paket International, Päckchen International and Warenpost International) can no longer be accepted until further notice due to problems with transport, customs clearance and/or delivery in the destination area.

The lot is reserved for you and we will send it to you immediately if it is possible again.
We thank you for your understanding.”

And this relieved on 27 June after my email to them:

“Unfortunately there is no change so far, the Covid 19 surcharge of 16,oo Euro per shipment is still charged. This regulation is out of our control, sorry for having no better news.

You can be sure I’ll stay in contact with you and our other AUS customers. They are all keen on receiving their items quickly.

Best wishes and stay healthy
Maria

Maria Dewald
Assistentin Christoph Gärtner | Assistant to Christoph Gaertner”

The levy mentioned of 16 Euro above differs markedly from the 3.60 Euro levy mentioned by member 22028 in his earlier post. Seems a lot for a single standard cover don’t you think :!:

Can anyone else confirm the current German Post/DHL levy :?:
The difference could rise from using parcel rates for a small item instead of letter rates. Letter is usually cheaper than the lowest weight of a parcel.

Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

kuikka wrote:
12 Jul 2020 17:59
The difference could rise from using parcel rates for a small item instead of letter rates. Letter is usually cheaper than the lowest weight of a parcel.
I understand that but I purchased a single standard size cover, so surely it wouldn’t be sent in something that would be classified as a parcel :?:
Tony
"A cancelled stamp tells part of the story, a cover tells it all"

Post by 22028 »

Lakatoi 4 wrote:
12 Jul 2020 20:23
kuikka wrote:
12 Jul 2020 17:59
I understand that but I purchased a single standard size cover, so surely it wouldn’t be sent in something that would be classified as a parcel :?:

I mentioned earlier that German Post / DHL has strictly separated Letters/Documents from Goods, apparently in-line with UPU recommendations. As such, even a single stamp or cover if shipped is considered as goods and MUST be sent as Parcel.

We in Germany are also not happy with this, especially as the postal administrations are not so strictly, better said, the Postal Administration have some sort of freedom what to consider as letter/document and what as goods..., German Post took the best way for them...

We have even different rules and rates for private and business customers..., total confusion...

AMark

Post by AMark »

An updated list (as of July 10th 2020) of countries to which mail delivery from Canada is available during the Covid-19 pandemic:

Service Availability1 As of July 10, 2020 .png
Service Availability2 As of July 10, 2020 .png

An updated list (as of July 10th 2020) of countries to which mail delivery from Canada is still suspended during the Covid-19 pandemic:

Service Suspended As of July 10, 2020 .png

The double asterisks **, indicates only partial service availability. Meaning that, Canada Post is still accepting letters and parcels for these destinations.
It does pay if you are humble and kind.
Join the November 2020 Cover Exchange ..... OR .... Join the November 2020 Postcard Exchange

HalfpennyYellow
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by HalfpennyYellow »

Recently I've been receiving mail from North America once again, and one of the oldest items that I had presumed to be lost finally arrived today.

It was an eBay purchase from the USA which I had paid for on 11 March 2020 (the day when WHO declared COVID-19 to be a pandemic) and it was posted on the same day. It arrived this morning, 15 July 2020, after slightly more than four months.
Collecting worldwide postage and revenue stamps - focusing on Malta, British Commonwealth and revenues in general

norvic

Post by norvic »

Tracked letter sent to a customer in Austria on 9 July delivered today, despite involving GLS.

This was a replacement for the one sent in November and not delivered/picked up by the addressee which took until late January to get back to me. After the customer paid for extra postage for the resend I delayed until after the panic had eased, and it seems to have been quicker than the previous norm.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

OldDuffer1
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!

Post by OldDuffer1 »

HalfpennyYellow wrote:
15 Jul 2020 21:38
Recently I've been receiving mail from North America once again, and one of the oldest items that I had presumed to be lost finally arrived today.

It was an eBay purchase from the USA which I had paid for on 11 March 2020 (the day when WHO declared COVID-19 to be a pandemic) and it was posted on the same day. It arrived this morning, 15 July 2020, after slightly more than four months.
I was wondering about an item from USA- posted on 15th April. Perhaps I should give it a little longer?

Received one today from Russia posted 9th June- not too bad!

Post by 22028 »

I am still waiting for 5 lots posted from USA, paid over $500 for, last tracked by USPS at:

May 23, 2020, 12:00am, In Transit to Next Facility
May 19, 2020, 10:30am, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility, JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER
Last edited by 22028 on 21 Jul 2020 01:04, edited 1 time in total.

HalfpennyYellow

Post by HalfpennyYellow »

OldDuffer1 wrote:
21 Jul 2020 00:07
HalfpennyYellow wrote:
15 Jul 2020 21:38

I was wondering about an item from USA- posted on 15th April. Perhaps I should give it a little longer?

Received one today from Russia posted 9th June- not too bad!
Today I received another item from the US which had been posted on 2 April, so despite the long delays, at least it seems that the backlog of mail between North America and Europe is being processed and hopefully the overdue mail will arrive sooner or later.

What's annoying is that for eBay purchases you cannot leave feedback on items which took a long time to arrive because the time window for leaving feedback would have passed. In my opinion eBay should have extended it due to the current situation.
Collecting worldwide postage and revenue stamps - focusing on Malta, British Commonwealth and revenues in general

RogerE

Post by RogerE »

As messenger only, I bring you the following post from another thread, at
https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=82193&start=4645
Post by Ubobo.R.O. » Tue Jul 21, 2020 00:11:08 am:

Post by 22028 »

HalfpennyYellow wrote:
21 Jul 2020 01:02
What's annoying is that for eBay purchases you cannot leave feedback on items which took a long time to arrive because the time window for leaving feedback would have passed. In my opinion eBay should have extended it due to the current situation.
I guess ebay did it already, one one item i expect they indicate:
Estimated delivery Mon, Aug 17 - Tue, Oct 13

BIGANDYN
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by BIGANDYN »

Ebay purchase from USA....cancelled 15 July 2020; arrived 22 July. So mail across "The Pond" appears to be virtually normal.
If it ain't broke.....fix it 'til it is!!

http://www.lanarkshireps.co.uk

Berlin-Gus

Post by Berlin-Gus »

:roll: A purchase made March 30, 2020 from a French dealer in France arrived July 22, 2020 in Kitchener, Ontario. I think a rowboat across the Atlantic would have been faster. No postmarks on the mail. :roll:
Gus

for Canadian postal history check out the PHSC website, http://www.postalhistorycanada.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

JohnB
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by JohnB »

More than delighted to receive this today in the UK, posted in Australia on March 30th :

Mar 30th postage
Mar 30th postage
Mar 30th stamps
Mar 30th stamps

Inside was a catalogue hence the hefty postage of over $50. Good job they were sealed :D :D

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

JohnB wrote:
24 Jul 2020 04:19

More than delighted to receive this today in the UK, posted in Australia on March 30th :

Inside was a catalogue hence the hefty postage of over $50. Good job they were sealed :D :D

Near FOUR months transit -- things are really getting insane with transit times. :roll: :roll: :roll:

And I stress to all, that the stamps all have full gum, and my Postmaster gives them superb VFU cancels. I then place a clear Mylar sheet over the top and THEN run a black marker/sharpie pen over them all to discourage PO workers en-route over 15,000 Kms, peeling off the pretty stamps.

Works like a charm although one client abused me for the black marker cancels until I suggested he looked CLOSER! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Glen
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

castores

Post by castores »

Tuesday I had a package left at the front door, I didn't even hear a knock.

Wednesday evening I found a card in the letterbox to collect a package that was tried to be delivered.

Both packages were registered, signature required.

I don't think the guys know what guidelines to follow.
Australia
Everything PNG
This and that

BIGANDYN

Post by BIGANDYN »

Joy of joys. Received airmail (auction lot) from Melbourne today...mailed on 21st July....13 days....a bit slower than normal but a LOT faster than my last Aussie mail.
If it ain't broke.....fix it 'til it is!!

http://www.lanarkshireps.co.uk

librarianc
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Post by librarianc »

I am very appreciative of ACS in New Zealand for the mailing of their auction catalogue.........
nzacsenv.jpg
However, even though it was mailed on June 3, 2020 for their July 14, 2020 auction, the catalogue only arrived on July 27, 2020

We can only hope for better times ahead.......stay safe everybody!!

John A
Armstrong'sStamps**http://www.armstrongsstamps.ca
Canada Errors, Freaks and Oddities (EFO) - Knowledge is Key.....Libraries work!

Kennethsequeira

Post by Kennethsequeira »

As of 28th July, Airmail service from UAE is only available to the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, UK, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Pakistan, Italy, Spain, China, USA, India, Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Kenya, Japan, Thailand , Singapore, Philippines, Greece, Poland, Finland, Hungary, Afghanistan, Ukraine & Bulgaria.
Collecting Interest: Cricket; India: Joint Issues, Flags on stamps
Mint MS : India,UAE,Canada & Malaysia

32_seeker

Post by 32_seeker »

Registered mail from Germany posted May 13th, scanned in Canada June 10th, arrived July 24th. Also my carrier just left it and disappeared, though a Signature item. Obviously it sat in a trailer 4-5 weeks before sorting, probably less than five miles from where I live.

Fedex from Sweden to Canada was three days.

An ebayer asked me if I could ship from Canada to Malaysia today. I had to tell him his country was on the "mail suspended" list. Unbelievably, I can ship to Vietnam or Singapore but not Malaysia, one of the safest COVID-19 countries in the world. Go figure.

FairyFoot
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by FairyFoot »

Read Norvic's blogpost, the last one for July, grumble grumble. 1st September, Royal Mail increases postage prices for international mail. I guess I'll be using surface mail for US-bound letters as that rate isn't increased (yet).

https://www.royalmail.com/prices2020
Prices are changing for Royal Mail parcel and letter products from 1 September 2020

Like other delivery companies, we continue to experience steep increases in our overseas delivery costs.

This is largely due to the ongoing impact of the COVID-19 pandemic which has led to extreme shortages in air capacity and subsequent increases in air carrier costs to most countries overseas. We are no longer able to absorb these costs in our existing pricing. In order to manage the impact of these increased costs, which are beyond our control, we regretfully need to adjust our prices accordingly.

From 1 September, we are changing our international prices to reflect these increases in our overseas delivery costs. We will continue to monitor the situation closely.
I am a Penpaller and Stamp User. I send therefore I receive. I blog here. I also have a snailmail forum.

OldDuffer1

Post by OldDuffer1 »

OldDuffer1 wrote:
Have given up on this one and put in a Paypal claim. Aren't I horrid!

Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

OldDuffer1 wrote:
04 Aug 2020 23:59
OldDuffer1 wrote:
Have given up on this one and put in a Paypal claim. Aren't I horrid!
I did this for one item that never turned up.

Surprise, surprise – guess what did turn up later that same week?

It only took like four months. So I contacted the seller and sent the money back again + an extra $ or $$ for the additional PayPal fee. :lol:

dwhopper

Post by dwhopper »

This mirrors my experience. Every time I take action through PayPal or eBay the item shows up within a few days. So I wait and wait and wait until ??????

I have two items in transit. One from a reputable Australian auction house which appears from tracking data to have been sitting in Melbourne forever and now siting in Canada for another ever. One is a letter from an eBay seller with good feedback but with whom I have no personal experience.

Who knows.

librarianc

Post by librarianc »

I am in a similar quandary - I purchased an item in eastern Europe on April 6, 2020 - paid with PayPal and so far this is what I get with tracking:

Consignment type: Registered Letter, Consignment weight: 0.042 kg
15.4.2020 The consignment was sent to the destination country.
14.4.2020 The consignment was sent for transportation.
14.4.2020 Receipt of data about consignment

I am trying to be patient and I would really like the item, but how long is long enough in a pandemic????

John A

Post by 22028 »

I am still waiting for 5 lots posted from USA, paid over $500 for, last tracked by USPS at:

May 23, 2020, 12:00am, In Transit to Next Facility
May 19, 2020, 10:30am, Arrived at USPS Regional Facility, JAMAICA NY INTERNATIONAL DISTRIBUTION CENTER

Maybe its about time for a paypal claim...

The Pom

Post by The Pom »

librarianc wrote:
05 Aug 2020 01:41
I am in a similar quandary - I purchased an item in eastern Europe on April 6, 2020 - paid with PayPal and so far this is what I get with tracking:

Consignment type: Registered Letter, Consignment weight: 0.042 kg
15.4.2020 The consignment was sent to the destination country.
14.4.2020 The consignment was sent for transportation.
14.4.2020 Receipt of data about consignment

I am trying to be patient and I would really like the item, but how long is long enough in a pandemic????

John A
I always take the following route (not that it happens very often):

1. Contact the seller to let them know it hasn't arrived, and ask if they have any further info about its whereabouts.

2. When they get back & confirm that they posted on date xx.xx.xxxx and have no more info, I say I'll give it a few more days. (As said above, it's remarkable how often the item suddenly comes out of the woodwork.)

3. I tell them I'll be making a claim, but should the item arrive, I'll re-send the payment.
Always on the lookout for Australian pre decimal First Day Covers.

Kennethsequeira

I am having issues with deliveries from US only. US routes to UAE have opened up since a month but nothing is showing up & sellers have claimed posting in March.

I have had tracked items from Russia, Italy, UK, Greece turn up in last 2 weeks.

Sellers from Malaysia, Sweden, Mauritius, Oman & India have not shipped due to routes closure

OldDuffer1

Post by OldDuffer1 »

Yes, of course, Paypal gives time for the seller to respond, (had already tried to contact through Delcampe). If the seller seems reasonable and has genuinely posted it that's one thing- if they don't respond then Paypal will proceed with the claim. Unfortunately if sellers don't insist on tracked/signed for postage they are in a weak position!

This item was described as "Caribbean" but is actually a Cuban item- don't tell Paypal!

librarianc

Post by librarianc »

The Pom wrote:
05 Aug 2020 02:09

I always take the following route (not that it happens very often):

1. Contact the seller to let them know it hasn't arrived, and ask if they have any further info about its whereabouts.

2. When they get back & confirm that they posted on date xx.xx.xxxx and have no more info, I say I'll give it a few more days. (As said above, it's remarkable how often the item suddenly comes out of the woodwork.)

3. I tell them I'll be making a claim, but should the item arrive, I'll re-send the payment.
Done and Done. Email back and forth started in early June.

End of the week and probably move to point #3. We have dealt before, so don't think there will be any trust issue on their end.

John A

castores

Post by castores »

And the postie turned up wearing this

covid.jpg

And I face him wearing this
covid 2.png
Australia
Everything PNG
This and that

Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

castores wrote:
05 Aug 2020 08:56
And the postie turned up wearing this

And I face him wearing this
And I read that wearing this...
Attachments
71YmgYJ1OUL._AC_UL1500_.jpg

dwhopper

Post by dwhopper »

And now for something completely different.

Air mail letter posted in Tasmaniaa 30 MAR 2020, arrived in Toronto today.
Air mail letter posted in Tasmania 2 April 2020, arrived in Toronto today.

A clipper ship 150 years ago would have been faster.

castores

Post by castores »

Sorry for not being on topic

(large mail from Sydney to Canberra = two days)

For long I have advocated the idea of kids playing in their backyards from as early as possible. By that I mean tasting a worm, making mud pies (not that I ever made a pie but I certainly made mud).

Second, they are surrounded inside the house with chemicals, especially as a small child crawling around on carpet, tiles, lino, etc that not only have their own chemicals but we then use chemicals to clean.

Lots of out doors with all the pollen, dirt and insects at a young age builds up resistance to natures villians.

Do not get me wrong, I'm not an anti-vacca, tree-hugger, etc. I'm just saying we are segregating ourselves from nature from an early age and have little resistance to its ever changing environment.

I'm also not saying any of this is the answer to Covid-19, but the more we alienate ourselves from nature the more likely we are to relinquish to the bad sides it has to offer.

I'm just talking about building up natural resistance to various environmental hazards.

I also don't remember ever tasting a worm.

I'm also glad I grew up when playing cricket in the street, riding a bike, sport, etc, was the thing to do.... outdoors!

I live in the bush capital!
I recommend it.
But watch out for kangaroos, if I'm not mistaken we are number one for roo/car collisions.
(note, I've never hit one)

kangaroo.jpg

7647315de1d04ce57efa41fc00ecf1e0 (1).jpg

Do not get involved!
(look at those muscles)

kangaroo-boxing-fight-the-bbcs-l.jpg

ps. I live about 500 metres from a small 'farm' surrounded by 3 suburbs (fourth side is a major road), cows and many kangaroos.
This is Canberra!
The bush capital
Australia
Everything PNG
This and that

castores

Post by castores »

Castores wrote:
(note, I've never hit one)
Mind, I've had some fun times with them keeping up with or passing me.
(above: see how they pivot and stabilise on their tail - another massive muscle)

They say sharks have not had to change for millennia, they have reached what they need to be.
You could say much the same about kangaroos'
Australia
Everything PNG
This and that

Kennethsequeira

Kennethsequeira wrote:
04 Aug 2020 17:42
As of 28th July, Airmail service from UAE is only available to the following countries: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Ireland, UK, Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Sweden, Switzerland, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Pakistan, Italy, Spain, China, USA, India, Turkey, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Oman, Kenya, Japan, Thailand , Singapore, Philippines, Greece, Poland, Finland, Hungary, Afghanistan, Ukraine & Bulgaria.
Strangely Emirates Post has added Qatar to the latest countries one can mail to :roll:

Those who follow the geo politics of the region, mails to Qatar were blocked since last 2 years if I am not wrong.

Mail to Qatar no longer has the Zone 2 GCC rate but its put in Zone 3 MENA rate, so for the sender its a extra cost of 1 AED.

Kennethsequeira

Post COVID lockdown and re- opening the routes, Emirates Post has increased postal rates.

For upto 20 gms (max. increase of 40c in US $)

Zone 1 - Within UAE - from AED 2 to AED 2.25
Zone 2 - GCC - From AED 3 to 3.5
Zone 3 - MENA - From AED 4 to 4.5
Zone 4 - Asia - From AED 5 to 5.5
Zone 5 - Europe + Far East + Africa - AED 6 to 7.5 (most difference)
Zone 6 - America + Oceania - AED 7 to AED 8

Even in the next 2 categories - upto 50 gm & upto 100 gms, mails to Zone 5 & 6 have gone expensive from 70c to $1

Return to “Discuss stamps - and *anything* at ALL happening with stamps”