Coronavirus impacting international mail services

News items. General trends, new issues, new policies etc. **Whatever** you like. WORLDWIDE. Start a new thread on your question. Please do not discuss ebay in THIS forum as we have a separate and popular Forum for that discussion.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Vict0riann
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Re: Coronavirus impacting international mail services

Post by Vict0riann »

Thank you for the Canada Post info. I had been wondering...

Ann

Rog
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by Rog »

lesbootman wrote:Royal Mail has currently suspended services to a number of countries including India, South Africa and Russia but mail to many countries (including Australia) is still being accepted.

https://personal.help.royalmail.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/ ... t-bulletin
Thank you for this information Les.
My Stamp Blog : The Stamp Book

satsuma
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by satsuma »

I just got a parcel posted in Melbourne, Wed 25th March, delivered Wed 1st Apr.

That's probably faster than normal

Kudos to Auspost and NZPost.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Global Administrator wrote:
starling wrote:Australia is slowly being cut off from getting mail from the rest of the world.

As of today the list includes Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland and Germany, these countries are no longer accepting mail addressed to Australia.
Scott where are you sourcing this info? :?:
I'd still like to know this.
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

FairyFoot
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by FairyFoot »

starling wrote:Australia is slowly being cut off from getting mail from the rest of the world.

As of today the list includes Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland and Germany, these countries are no longer accepting mail addressed to Australia.
Followed one of the sources on Postcrossing's postal monitor. https://www.postnord.se/en/about-us/how-the-coronavirus-is-affecting-our-deliveries (and was updated 31st March 2020). Australia is not listed as a country they accept mail for.
PostNord can at present accept mail consignments for transportation to the countries listed below. In many cases, the transport of letters and parcels will take place by land or sea, and may take longer than normal.

All EU countries except Cyprus and Malta

Exceptions: The PostNord MyPack Collect and PostNord Return Drop Off services to countries outside the Nordic countries where the packages will be stopped and returned. Instead, we refer to the PostNord MyPack Home service.

Some countries has imposed restrictions to certain areas. For these areas it is no longer possible to use the PostNord parcel and PostNord MyPack Home services. Packages for these areas will be stopped and returned. Please see affected areas here.

(Document in Swedish)
Hong Kong*
Iceland
Iran*
Japan*
Canada*
Lichtenstein
Norway
Russia*
Singapore*
Switzerland
UK
Exceptions: The PostNord MyPack Collect and PostNord Return Drop Off services where the packages will be stopped and returned. Instead, we refer to the PostNord MyPack Home service.
South Korea*
Turkey*
Ukraine*
USA*
Vatican City State*
Vietnam*
Qatar*
Åland

Exception: The PostNord Parcel service will be stopped and returned when the flight connection is canceled.

We are working to find ways to send consignments to other countries in the world, but are at present unable to accept letters and parcels except to the above-mentioned countries. For high-priority and urgent corporate goods, it may in certain cases be possible to use the Air and Ocean courier service. You can contact that unit on ecconnect@postnord.com to see if we can provide help.
I am a Penpaller and Stamp User. I send therefore I receive. I blog here. I also have a snailmail forum.

Brads64
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by Brads64 »

starling
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by starling »

Glen,

It is from the Australia Post page on COVID-19.

https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates ... ernational

They don't make it easy, but if you look through the list, any country with a superscript "4" after their name is a country that will no longer ship to Australia.

The list changes (i.e. new additions) every day, for instance Germany was only added to the list on 30th March. I expect several more "4"s will appear soon, Sweden and Denmark have cut us off but Finland and Norway haven't, I can't see that lasting, they'll have to join the list soon I'm sure.

A superscript "1" or "2" means nothing is going from Australia to these countries. The only safe countries are those with a superscript "3" (no signature on delivery recorded) or no superscript numeral (business as usual).

These are the explanations of the super-scripts:

1 All services suspended. For items lodged to these countries before Monday 16 March 2020 we are working with airline partners and local postal operators to move the items as quickly as possible.

2 Standard and Economy parcel services and all letter services are suspended. For items lodged to these countries before Monday 16 March 2020 we are working with airline partners and local postal operators to move the items as quickly as possible. Express parcel services are still available.

3 No longer performing signature on delivery due to government restrictions.

4 Delivery of items from these countries and territories to Australia have been suspended by the local postal operator.

So, we're cut off for the foreseeable future.
Please visit my on-line store - http://www.scottstarling.com.au
-

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Thanks Scott .. my error for not clicking and clicking and clicking their links down several layers, but yes can now see Germany.

Ordered quite a lot of heavy accessories from Germany yesterday in several parcels, so bummer. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

David Benson

Post by David Benson »

The collectors of Service Suspended Postal History will be delighted with the news,

David B.

towradji

Post by towradji »

Not all bleak, I see Aussie Post reporting parcel post to China up 243%

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

All that A2 Milk Powder. :idea:

faro

Post by faro »

David Benson wrote:The collectors of Service Suspended Postal History will be delighted with the news,

David B.
For some countries, perhaps. In the UK we're lucky if our letters receive a decipherable postmark these days: expecting any sort of instructional mark other than a biro-applied RTS is usually wishful thinking.
(Raising customs/VAT fees is the exception, of course, even when those shouldn't have been applied. :roll:)

norvic

Post by norvic »

Considering the number of members from India on SB, I am surprised that nobody has provided the sort of information that has come to me via another route. It's a personal reply which quotes another source:
This is what Mr. Madhukar Jhingan, administrator of Stamps of India on Facebook, says about the India Post and their handling of the COVID-19 situation :

India Post has let us down during the Covid-19 pandemic and consequential lockdown. India Post was designated as an essential service on the day one of lockdown.

Being the largest government department with longest reach to people, the need of the hour was to act swiftly and continue to move mails by road, goods trains, and cargo flights and continue to operate their Savings Bank and India Post Payments Bank functions. They have a long history of serving people in difficult times from world wars, famine, plague and many other epidemics in a multitude of innovative ways.

What went wrong this time? The non-implementation of the clear instructions of the Postal Directorate of March 25, 2020 is appalling. I have loved and been proud of India Post all my life. Today, I am disappointed.
(The personal reply continues)
I have just heard that all exchange of international mail has also been prohibited and this has perturbed me somewhat, because I have three packages containing hard-to-find scale models coming in from the UK and Germany, and I wouldn't like them lost.

On international mail, the good Mr. Jhingan posts thus :
India Post advises that it has suspended all international mail exchanges until further notice due to suspension of air and rail services and other measures taken by the government in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The postal service is being maintained as an essential service — domestic mail exchanges are continuing and all international mail received before March 22 is being delivered with limited staff. India Post can no longer guarantee service delivery standards.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

AMark

Post by AMark »

A list of destinations to which Canada Post has suspended acceptance of all letters and parcels.

This list was posted on April 2, 2020.

It does pay if you are humble and kind.
Join the June 2020 Cover Exchange ..... OR .... Join the June 2020 Postcard Exchange

David Smitham

Post by David Smitham »

NZ Post's latest announcement:

From 1 April 2020, surcharges will be applied to international sending.

To help prevent the further spread of COVID-19, many flights have been suspended, reduced or cut to affected regions. Because of this, we are seeing a big drop in available capacity and an increase in surcharges with the airlines we work with to send your parcels overseas.

So, to enable us to continue to deliver, we need to suspend normal services during the pandemic, and introduce International Surcharges additional to standard rates. Delivery targets will also differ from normal. This will be effective from 1 April 2020.

These surcharges will stay in place until airline capacity supply is back to normal, but in the meantime may continue to change.

Sending internationally
Surcharges for outbound services in the below table are valid from 1 April 2020 and may change as the situation changes.

Service(s)

Zone A Australia no change

Zone B South Pacific no change

Zone C Asia no change

Zone D UK & Europe $7.00/kg

Zone DNA North America no change

Zone E Rest of world no change

There is then a listing of current prices and the following notice:

How to calculate the price to send your parcels with surcharges:
Service per item rate + [item weight in kilograms x (service per kg rate + surcharge per kg rate)]

For example, to sending a 0.495kg small parcel to the United Kingdom (Zone D) is $12.84 + [0.5kg x ($22.13 + $7.00)] = $27.41

Current mail restrictions:

Temporary Suspension
Please be advised that our service to the following countries has been suspended until sufficient transport capacity is secured.

At this moment, alternative options are being explored but please be advised that International Express Courier is still available for use.

Argentina, Bahamas, Barbados, Bermuda, Bolivia, Botswana, Brunei, Cayman Islands, Chad, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Cuba, Cyprus, Djibouti, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Greece, Grenada, Honduras, Hungary, India, Israel, Jamaica, Japan, Kuwait, Laos, Lebanon, Lithuania, Macau, Malawi, Maldives, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mexico, Moldova, Mongolia, Montenegro, Myanmar, Nepal, Netherlands Antilles, New Caledonia, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Peru, Romania, Samoa, Saudi Arabia, Slovakia, South Africa, South Korea, Suriname, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Trinidad and Tobago, Ukraine, Zambia, Zimbabwe.

David.
David Smitham
NZ 2020 FIAP stamp exhibition 19-22 March 2020, Auckland, NZ.

Lakatoi 4
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Location: First star on the right then straight on till morning ...

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

Waiting on something to be delivered from Chris Gartner Germany and just received this:

Unfortunately we can not ship to Australia at the moment.
We receive new information from the parcel services every hour. A current information from dhl is as follows:

Shipments with goods contents to Australia (i.e. DHL Paket International, Päckchen International and Warenpost International) can no longer be accepted until further notice due to problems with transport, customs clearance and/or delivery in the destination area.

The lot is reserved for you and we will send it to you immediately if it is possible again.
We thank you for your understanding.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen | Best regards

Elvira Ibel
Sachbearbeiterin | advisor
HANDELSHAUS | MAIL-ORDER HOUSE

Christoph Gärtner GmbH
Steinbeisstraße 6 + 8 | 74321 Bietigheim-Bissingen | Germany
http://www.philatelie-gaertner.de
Tony
"A cancelled stamp tells part of the story, a cover tells it all"

asmodeus

Post by asmodeus »

Today two large letters came back to me. All addressed to Australia.

I complained at Deutsche Post, because regular letters with documents etc. are still allowed to send them to Australia.

From Deutsche Post website: "Letters (i.e. sending documents via letter, single rate, letter at a kilo rate, etc.) are not affected by this acceptance stop". 
Truth is the daughter of time

Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

AMark wrote:A list of destinations to which Canada Post has suspended acceptance of all letters and parcels.

So they are still accepting mail from:

Italy
Spain
United States

So evidently not related to worries about infected mail, must be purely a capacity issue related to aircraft availability.
Tony

Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

My previous post about infected mail brings to mind the disinfection of covers and parcels prevalent during various virus outbreaks in the past.

Will this idea return :?:
Tony

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

I just got an item from Canada - 20 days, which is pretty close to normal.

Norm
Geelong, VFA Premiers 1878, 1879, 1800, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1886, AFL Premiers 1925, 1931, 1937, 1951, 1952, 1963, 2007, 2009, 2011, .

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

Scott, helpfully posted a screen cap with the Australia Post international delivery position on 31 March 2020. I did the same back on 26 March. A comparison shows how fast the situation moves.

https://auspost.com.au/about-us/news-media/important-updates ... ernational

Australia Post, Covid-19, 26 March 2020

starling wrote:They don't make it easy, but if you look through the list, any country with a superscript "4" after their name is a country that will no longer ship to Australia.

The list changes (i.e. new additions) every day, for instance Germany was only added to the list on 30th March. I expect several more "4"s will appear soon, Sweden and Denmark have cut us off but Finland and Norway haven't, I can't see that lasting, they'll have to join the list soon I'm sure.

A superscript "1" or "2" means nothing is going from Australia to these countries. The only safe countries are those with a superscript "3" (no signature on delivery recorded) or no superscript numeral (business as usual).

Australia Post, Covid-19, 31 March 2020

1 All services suspended. For items lodged to these countries before Monday 16 March 2020 we are working with airline partners and local postal operators to move the items as quickly as possible.

2 Standard and Economy parcel services and all letter services are suspended. For items lodged to these countries before Monday 16 March 2020 we are working with airline partners and local postal operators to move the items as quickly as possible. Express parcel services are still available.

4 Delivery of items from these countries and territories to Australia have been suspended by the local postal operator.

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

Here is the list for 3 April 2020.

Australia Post, Covid-19, 3 April 2020

DarrenK

Post by DarrenK »

I received an email last night from Germany about a purchase on the board that was being shipped. The letters have been returned to the sender with an attached sticker translated below.

The text reads: "Postal traffic to the country of destination is currently interrupted. The resumption is currently not foreseeable. Return to sender."
So for those that collect Suspended Postal History there is a new area for you.
Always interested in trading German material especially post war period.

norvic

Post by norvic »

MJ's pet wrote:A superscript "1" or "2" means nothing is going from Australia to these countries. The only safe countries are those with a superscript "3" (no signature on delivery recorded) or no superscript numeral (business as usual).
[/quote]
It's a bit misleading to say that there is no signature on delivery in the UK. As has been mentioned elsewhere, for anything requiring a signature on delivery, delivery is attempted and the postman puts the item on the doorstep. If the customer picks it up, the postman records that delivery is complete and shows a code on the PDA signature screen.

That will suffice for Royal Mail claims, and should suffice for all other. There is never any guarantee that the signature is that of the addressee, only somebody at that address.

If the customer isn't home, the postie takes the item back and normal procedures for redelivery apply, except that everything is now being kept for longer to enable delivery arrangements ot be made.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

MJ's pet wrote:Here is the list for 3 April 2020.

Australia Post, Covid-19, 3 April 2020
I see a kind of discrepancy in the list :(
Belarus is enlisted as a country mail is accepted to and from. But here's the list in the Belpost website:
https://belpost.by/press-centre/news-company/5029.html

As on April 4, mail is only accepted to the countries marked with "Yes (Да)", and the list is quite short, with no Australia in it :(

I will check it in practice on Monday, as I need to send some FDCs to Australia within my year-long giveaway, but I doubt that I will succeed. I'm afraiв I'll have to suspend some sendings :(

AMark

Post by AMark »

Lakatoi 4 wrote:
AMark wrote:A list of destinations to which Canada Post has suspended acceptance of all letters and parcels.

So they are still accepting mail from:

Italy
Spain
United States

So evidently not related to worries about infected mail, must be purely a capacity issue related to aircraft availability.
Good question Tony! :)

For the USA here is a statement from Canada Post from April 2, 2020:
United States of America

Mail and Parcels destined to all regions of the U.S.A. continue to be delivered. Changes to USPS operations and delivery processes to protect employees and the public from the spread of COVID-19 may impact delivery times.
As you can see it's business as usual.

For Italy, this statement from Canada Post was from March 11, 2020:
Mail and parcel services to Italy are experiencing significant delays due to precautionary measures taken by Italian authorities to contain the coronavirus. Please note the on-time delivery guarantee for Xpresspost-International does not apply in the case of delay or non-delivery caused by an event beyond the control of Canada Post.
This might change in the upcoming week.

Regarding Spain, there are no interruptions in mail delivery to and from Spain. But this also might change in the upcoming week.

A list of countries to which service is still available.

Join the June 2020 Cover Exchange ..... OR .... Join the June 2020 Postcard Exchange

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

The Australia High Commission in Canada warned (below) that the last direct flight Canada-Australia ceased yesterday.

Sent A Mark a letter with KGV cover during week so hope it left before these bans!

Ricardsolan
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Post by Ricardsolan »

In Spain, for the covid19 the post works at 10% of their capacity.
Basketball googlesite catalogue:
https://sites.google.com/view/basketballstamps/go-to-continents
Collecting basketball stamps used or new.

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

vicaf60 wrote: I see a kind of discrepancy in the list :(
Belarus is enlisted as a country mail is accepted to and from [Australia]. But here's the list in the Belpost website:

As on April 4, mail is only accepted to the countries marked with "Yes (Да)", and the list is quite short, with no Australia in it :(

Well spotted vicaf60 !

Can you update us about Belarus - Australia mail when you find out more.

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

The Australia Post list dated 3 April 2020 is still up today, 6th April. I'll post the new list when it goes up.

Postal Historians of the future might thank us. :idea:

stampchris

Post by stampchris »

New Zealand Post introduced a $7/kilogram surcharge on parcels being sent to Europe.
https://www.nzpost.co.nz/business/covid19updates/international-surcharges

The reason quoted is that airline capacity is limited, and there's been an increase in the surcharges charged by airlines, which it appears they need to pass onto customers.

Have any other countries done this? Is this an alternative to just plain out cancelling all mail?
Chris de Haer - Author of 'A Closer Look at Modern Australian Stamps' in Stamp News Australia.Online Shop Latest news on my blog

mpstamps

Post by mpstamps »

DarrenK wrote:I received an email last night from Germany about a purchase on the board that was being shipped. The letters have been returned to the sender with an attached sticker translated below.

The text reads: "Postal traffic to the country of destination is currently interrupted. The resumption is currently not foreseeable. Return to sender."
So for those that collect Suspended Postal History there is a new area for you.
I have to send a cover to Australia. Is here another collector who had similar experiences with mail from Germany to Australia. On the webpage of the German Post there is a notice that "normal" mail is Not part of the mailing stop.

AMark

Post by AMark »

Latest news from Canada Post on the types of services still available to a number of countries.

AMark

Post by AMark »

stampchris wrote:New Zealand Post introduced a $7/kilogram surcharge on parcels being sent to Europe.

The reason quoted is that airline capacity is limited, and there's been an increase in the surcharges charged by airlines, which it appears they need to pass onto customers.

Have any other countries done this? Is this an alternative to just plain out cancelling all mail?
As far as I know, Canada Post has not increased prices for international mail due to covid-19. Isn't this price gauging??? The Ontario government has set up a webpage to report price gouging related to covid-19, here in the Ontario.

stampchris

Post by stampchris »

AMark wrote:
stampchris wrote:New Zealand Post introduced a $7/kilogram surcharge on parcels being sent to Europe.

As far as I know, Canada Post has not increased prices for international mail due to covid-19. Isn't this price gauging??? The Ontario government has set up a webpage to report price gouging related to covid-19, here in the Ontario.
I don't think it is gouging given the current circumstances. In Australia the post office sets international rates based off the fees it pays to airlines etc. I suspect NZ Post is just trying to pass on some of the extra expense it is incurring. There are probably very few flights leaving New Zealand too, so space is at a premium.
Chris de Haer - Author of 'A Closer Look at Modern Australian Stamps' in Stamp News Australia.Online Shop Latest news on my blog

DarrenK

Post by DarrenK »

This is an article on a French Philatelic website after the author asked if he could use the image below. I have just used translation software to add the details to the thread and have included the direct link as well.

https://www.asso-philatelique-montpellier.fr/actualite-1083- ... nales.html

International postal disruptions

Collectors at heart as you are, think about checking around you those who would see their shipments (mail as parcels) sent abroad to them being returned by the Post Office.

Since the phasing-in of regular air links around the world, many postal operators no longer allow shipments to certain destinations and refer those already mailed to shippers.
An example of German shipment to Australia returned to the sender in March 2020(thanks to DarrenK from Australia for this image).

Who knows how the posts will have meant the cause of the return.

On the other hand, the New Zealand Post Office has taken another side: in the face of the lack of flights and the soaring prices demanded by the airlines, it has imposed heavy surcharges on parcels for foreign countries since 1 April.

Specialists in German inflation in 1923 and its many stamps in envelopes may find a successor to their collection.
Always interested in trading German material especially post war period.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

AMark wrote:Latest news from Canada Post on the types of services still available to a number of countries.

So not possible to mail anything by AIR from Canada to Australia, seeing the last Air Canada flight too place April 4?
I think this translates into only SEA MAIL now occurring! :roll:

David Benson

Post by David Benson »

Why not Air to the US and then onto Australia.

David B.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

David Benson wrote:Why not Air to the US and then onto Australia.

David B.
GENIUS stuff! The PO needs you now David. :idea:

The is now one just (1) daily commercial flight USA-OZ and that is likely to be pulled any second.

Hence the 6 weeks to Canada being quoted - i.e. this kind of Boeing - get used to it. :idea:

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

More and more countries on the AP list state Signed for sendings will NOT be signed for on arrival, due to COVID.

Will be murder for ebay sellers as these 4-6 week delays just for normal mail sendings, will mean "goods not received" claims will skyrocket.

Sending Registered will not help. Many buyers will simply claim non delivery, PayPal will not see any online proof of delivery, and hence charge back the seller AND refund all post costs.

I deal near entirely with long term honest clients, and there will be few issues, indeed for most clients I sent untracked now even for pricier goods. But eBay type sellers will be raped and pillaged I am sure.

kuikka

Post by kuikka »

AMark wrote:Latest news from Canada Post on the types of services still available to a number of countries.

So not possible to mail anything by AIR from Canada to Australia, seeing the last Air Canada flight too place April 4?
I think this translates into only SEA MAIL now occurring! :roll:
I don't think that there is only sea mail. I expect that the ships are able to take all the mail given, so there would be no reason to say express items are given priority. However, there may be part of the distance covered by sea and/or multiple transfers before reaching their destination. Possibly via a country with a US base. They may have flights to USA.

David Benson

Post by David Benson »

Are DHL and UPS still forwarding freight,

David B.

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

^ That is exactly what I was wondering. :!:

Surely all AP outwards mail to the US doesn't go in QANTAS passenger jets. Freight has not ground to a halt.
Glen Stephens wrote:The is now one just (1) daily commercial flight USA-OZ and that is likely to be pulled any second.
It seems fairly obvious that the inbound UPS freight jets are still functioning just fine. Presumably, they do not go back empty:

https://www.ups.com/au/en/service-alerts.page?

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

Looks like lots of room for letters and parcels:

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

QANTAS has its own freight jets called QANTAS FREIGHT which it uses for mail following a deal with AP in 2019.

The seven-year agreement valued at over $1 billion will give Australia Post customers access to Qantas Freight’s dedicated freighter aircraft

norvic

Post by norvic »

Global Administrator wrote:Sending Registered will not help. Many buyers will simply claim non delivery, PayPal will not see any online proof of delivery, and hence charge back the seller AND refund all post costs.
But they will, as I have already said and you have quoted in your local magazine and in the Philatelic Exporter. Delivery is recorded in just the same way as it always has but there will NOT be a signature of the addressee - and this, too, is no different to what has happened before. RM does not take signature from addressee but from recipient at household.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

MJ's pet wrote:
The seven-year agreement valued at over $1 billion will give Australia Post customers access to Qantas Freight’s dedicated freighter aircraft
Sigh. :roll:

This huge deal was designed for DOMESTIC use by AP - widely reported here at the time. Last time I looked, Canada and Britain and USA were not located in DOMESTIC Australia. Qantas and Virgin are still flying DOMESTIC in passenger jets, which of course carry freight.

Erinmania

Post by Erinmania »

An Post have announced

"Due to Covid-19 the 2020 Stamp Programme is deferred for the moment. Once this situation has changed the remaining issues will be released. All date updates will be made available here once confirmed."

The Liam Cosgrave issue due for release on 9th April 2020 is therefore postponed indefinitely.

Issue dates are given for U2 celebration 8th October and Christmas issue 29th October 2020.

Return to “Discuss stamps - and *anything* at ALL happening with stamps”