Share with others your Engraved Stamp Beauties

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: snaws, Justin, Volunteer Moderator Team

kushti
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Re: Engraved Stamp Beauties

Post by kushti »

This is a favourite of mine, Congo Free State 1890's

nethryk
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by nethryk »

kushti - You may also like this image of a classic stamp depicting Llandovery Falls, designed after a photograph by Dr. James Johnston, engraved and printed by Thomas De La Rue & Co., and issued for use in Jamaica on September 25, 1901, Scott No. 32.

- nethryk

kushti

Post by kushti »

@nethryk - lovely. *thinks about starting a waterfall collection* :)
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

I've been rather remiss lately and far too busy at work to add to the wonderful images on this thread but I hope the following offering will make amends. I know that one or two of these may have been here before but I've not seen the set so I offer these up as an example of Czechoslovakian stamps of the 1950's.

Far and away the best description of the designer and engraver came from nethryk earlier on this board so I shamelessly reproduce it here verbatim :D

nethryk wrote:Ladislav Jirka (1914-1986) learned the engraving trade at the Malinského company in Pilsen, Czechoslovakia, where he also worked until 1936. He then worked at the geographic military office, and later for the National Bank in Prague. His career as an engraver of postage stamps began after World War II. Jirka engraved about 350 stamps for Czechoslovakia, and he continued working until the 1980s.

- nethryk

SG1120-1126, Birds issued in 1959.

SG1120 - Great Spotted Woodpecker

SG1121 - Blue Tit

SG1122 - Eurasian Nuthatch

SG1123 - Golden Oriole

SG1124 - Eurasian Goldfinch

SG1125 - Northern Bullfinch

SG1126 - Kingfisher

Jon
Barbados, Commonwealth, France & Colonies, GB, Line Engraved, Intaglio & Recess printed stamps
http://www.barbadosstamps.co.uk
Robert1
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by Robert1 »

nethryk wrote:kushti - You may also like this image of a classic stamp depicting Llandovery Falls, designed after a photograph by Dr. James Johnston, engraved and printed by Thomas De La Rue & Co., and issued for use in Jamaica on September 25, 1901, Scott No. 32.

- nethryk

This is a really lovely stamp - I am actually seeking a fine used example for my SG Imperial album :)
Warm Regards, Rob, If you have time, please visit my blog: http://sparetimecollector.blogspot.com/
Collecting: Fine Used Australia 1913 - Current | Australian Territories | Hong Kong | Malaya/Malaysia | Straits Settlements
kushti

Post by kushti »

Those birds are awesome Jon. *I'm sticking with the waterfall theme. Here's one that I've actually seen in real life.

Wish i had a better scanner though...

nethryk

Post by nethryk »

kushti & Robert1 - Thanks! Waterfalls often make great subjects for engraved (and non-engraved) stamps.

The beat goes on: Here is an image of a stamp depicting a traditional shoulder drum, designed and engraved by Jacques Gauthier, and issued by Chad on October 26, 1965 as one of a set of five stamps featuring various musical instruments displayed in the Chadian National Museum, Scott No. 118.

- nethryk

JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

kushti wrote:Those birds are awesome Jon. *I'm sticking with the waterfall theme. Here's one that I've actually seen in real life.

Wish i had a better scanner though...

Very nice stamp - wish I'd seen them too! On my 'bucket list' are Swallow Falls and Iguazu Falls, both of which fascinated me as a boy.

In terms of your scanner, will it allow a higher resolution? I set mine to 600dpi and they come out that size. Having said that, to keep up with nethryks quality I also then process them through iPhoto and sharpen and enhance the images :shock: - takes some time to get them that good!

Jon
Barbados, Commonwealth, France & Colonies, GB, Line Engraved, Intaglio & Recess printed stamps
Florian
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by Florian »

JonEboy - Any time I walk the countryside I am reminded of the characteristic features of the background scenery on some of the stamps of the 1959 Birds set designed by Karel Svolinský (1896-1986), professor at Prague College of Applied Arts. These designs bring back lovely memories.
Florian

Post by Florian »

JonEboy wrote:I've been rather remiss lately and far too busy at work to add to the wonderful images on this thread but I hope the following offering will make amends. I know that one or two of these may have been here before but I've not seen the set so I offer these up as an example of Czechoslovakian stamps of the 1950's.

Far and away the best description of the designer and engraver came from nethryk earlier on this board so I shamelessly reproduce it here verbatim :D

nethryk wrote:Ladislav Jirka (1914-1986) learned the engraving trade at the Malinského company in Pilsen, Czechoslovakia, where he also worked until 1936. He then worked at the geographic military office, and later for the National Bank in Prague. His career as an engraver of postage stamps began after World War II. Jirka engraved about 350 stamps for Czechoslovakia, and he continued working until the 1980s.

- nethryk

SG1120-1126, Birds issued in 1959.

SG1120 - Great Spotted Woodpecker

SG1121 - Blue Tit

SG1122 - Eurasian Nuthatch

SG1123 - Golden Oriole

SG1124 - Eurasian Goldfinch

SG1125 - Northern Bullfinch

SG1126 - Kingfisher

Jon
Florian wrote:JonEboy - Any time I walk the countryside I am reminded of the characteristic features of the background scenery on some of the stamps of the 1959 Birds set designed by Karel Svolinský (1896-1986), professor at Prague College of Applied Arts. These designs bring back lovely memories.
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

Florian wrote:JonEboy - Any time I walk the countryside I am reminded of the characteristic features of the background scenery on some of the stamps of the 1959 Birds set designed by Karel Svolinský (1896-1986), professor at Prague College of Applied Arts. These designs bring back lovely memories.
So glad that they mean a lot to you. Thanks for your contribution to this thread - I'm learning so much about a country I've never collected before but am now getting into!

Kind Regards,

Jon
KevinHedley

Post by KevinHedley »

France featured Saint Mathieu Point on a postage stamp engraved by Claude Jumelet which was issued on 25 June 2012.

Here to learn
Here to enjoy
KevinHedley

Post by KevinHedley »

France marked the 'First Postal Flight between Nancy and Lunéville' with the issue of this postage stamp on 30 July 2012. The engraver was Marie-Noëlle Goffin.

Here to learn
Here to enjoy
nethryk

Post by nethryk »

Here is an image of another classic waterfalls stamp: Chorrera Falls, engraved and printed by American Bank Note Company, and issued by Panama on March 1, 1915 as one of eight stamps in a set publicizing the Panama-Pacific International Exposition, held in San Francisco, California, February 20 to December 4, Scott No. 204.

- nethryk

aardvark
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by aardvark »

Here is more of Martin Mörck's excellent engraving: a set of stamps issued by Sweden in June 1982 (SG 1119-1123; Facit 1213-1217), designed by Bertil Kumlien and illustrating the New International Buoyage system - of which I admit total ignorance! :? Any sailors out there?

nethryk

Post by nethryk »

aardvark - I suppose great minds think alike. :) Last month I posted images of this Sweden buoys set engraved by Martin Mörck on page eight of the Stampboards "Ships, Liners, Boats anything that floats" thread. In that post I included some descriptive information about these stamps that you might find interesting.

- nethryk
aardvark

Post by aardvark »

Thanks nethryk - now I'm no longer 'all at sea' :lol:
I hadn't looked at that thread before but there are some very interesting posts. I shall have to make an effort to break out of the 'engraved stamps only' mental box that I'm currently in....
nethryk

Post by nethryk »

Here is an image of a stamp depicting a sentimental feline and a musical rodent, designed by Czech artist Jaroslav Sváb (1906-1999) after book illustrations by Swiss writer and painter Étienne Delessert (1941- ), combined engraved by Miloš Ondráček and photogravure, and issued by Czechoslovakia on September 5, 1981 as one of a set of five stamps publicizing the 8th Biennial Exhibition of Children's Book Illustrations, Scott No. 2378, plus a detail of kitty's bass drum-playing buddy.

- nethryk

ImageImage
aardvark

Post by aardvark »

The Gilbert and Ellice Islands, in the Pacific Ocean, were a British protectorate from 1892 and a colony from 1916 to 1976. Since independence the Gilbert Islands have been part of Kiribati, and the Ellice Islands are now known as Tuvalu. This gorgeous set of engraved definitive stamps was first issued in January 1939 and the same designs (with George VI later replaced by Elizabeth II) remained in use until 1965, when they were replaced by much less attractive lithographed designs. The stamps were engraved by very talented anonymous staff engravers. The set was engraved and printed by the three main British Empire/Commonwealth stamp printers: Bradbury Wilkinson, Waterlow, and De La Rue.

SG 43 was printed by Bradbury Wilkinson and depicts the great frigate bird:

SG 44 was printed by Waterlow and depicts the Pandanus Pine:

SG 45 was printed by De La Rue and depicts a native canoe crossing a reef:

I have three more of the set which I'll post later. I don't have the high value ones unfortunately.
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

Sorry to break into the Gilbert & Ellice thread Aardvark however I've been waiting all day to post these!

Printed in a combination of recess-intaglio/photogravure, this is the Sports set from Ethiopia 1962

SG526 - Guks (Jousting)
SG527- Ethiopian Hockey
SG528 - Cycling
SG529 - Football (3rd African Cup game)
SG530 - Abbebe Bikila, Marathon winner Olympic Games Rome 1960

I bought them to add to my 1962 collection but was pleasantly surprised to find that they were intaglio. :D

Sereke Yemane Berhan is listed as a Painter who attended Kine Tibeb School, 1946 and is best known as a Portrait painter in oil and watercolour.

The following information about these stamps is taken from Stamps of The World

Ethiopia 1962 Sports
Date of Issue : 14 January 1962
Quantity Issued: 300,000 sets
Designer: Sereke Yemane Berhan
Perforations: 12 X 11.5
Printer: A.R.T.I.A., Prague, Czechoslovakia
Printing Process: Recess & Photogravure

Jon
nethryk

Post by nethryk »

JonEboy - Interesting Ethiopia set. I especially like the "jousting" stamp. It looks a tad dangerous, though. :)

aardvark- Superb images. I find many of the George VI era British colonial pictorials attractive. Here is an image of an example of same that in my youth particularly fascinated me by its depiction of a architecturally mysterious and exotically-named edifice: Temple of the Tooth, Kandy, engraved and printed by Bradbury, Wilkinson & Co., and issued for use in Ceylon on January 15, 1938, Scott No. 284.

- nethryk

Machaggis52
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by Machaggis52 »

This takes a bit of beating in my view.

Sierra Leone 1961 Royal Visit SG 238
With kind regards, Jim
aardvark

Post by aardvark »

Thanks to all for some nice recent posts. Nethryk - I agree re. George VI colonials. Ceylon had some especially nice ones. I'll dig out a few others and post them soon.
Meanwhile, back in the Gilbert & Ellice Islands, more of the set I posted a couple of days ago:
This is SG46, engraved and printed by Bradbury, Wilkinson: canoe and boat house:

SG47, De La Rue: a native house:

and SG48, also De La Rue: a seascape - fairly obviously... :)
nethryk

Post by nethryk »

Here are images of the four stamps in a colonial Ceylon George VI pictorials set commemorating the New Constitution of 1947, designed by R. Tenison and S. V. Rodrigo, engraved and printed by Bradbury, Wilkinson & Co., and issued for use in Ceylon on November 25, 1947, Scott Nos. 296-99.

- nethryk

Parliament Building, Colombo

Adam's Peak

Temple of the Tooth, Kandy (redux!)

Dagoba at Anuradhapura
riparatore
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Post by riparatore »

Beautiful - these are works of art that I enjoy the stamps
kushti

Post by kushti »

Another waterfall from me, this one the Kaieteur Falls in Guyana.

aardvark

Post by aardvark »

Nice one Kushti! I haven't seen any stamps from that Queen Victoria jubilee set before. The Kaieteur Falls feature on several stamps from British Guiana. Here's another one, with King George VI, issued in February 1938 (SG313), engraved and printed by Waterlows:

By the way, the Kaieteur Falls are apparently three times higher than Niagara!

It's an attractive set; here are two more (SG308 and SG317), both Waterlows again:

aardvark

Post by aardvark »

Thanks, Nethryk, for posting that lovely Ceylon set - you beat me to it! Here is one of the first series of Ceylon pictorials, issued very late in the reign of George V, May 1935 (SG373), engraved and printed by Bradbury, Wilkinson. (Sorry about the intrusive postmark.)

nethryk

Post by nethryk »

Still resonating: Musicians near Lake Leopold II, engraved and printed by the Institute de Gravure, Paris, and issued for use in Belgian Congo in 1932, Scott No. 144.

- nethryk

nethryk

Post by nethryk »

riparatore & aardvark - Thanks! In my opinion Bradbury, Wilkinson & Co. produced many excellent stamps for use in British colonies.

Here is an image of another "resplendent island" George VI era stamp: Ancient guard-stone, Anuradhapura, engraved and printed by Bradbury, Wilkinson & Co., and issued for use in Ceylon on March 15, 1947, Scott No. 295.

- nethryk

riparatore

Post by riparatore »

These stamps "speak for themselves"
Some of those shown are also in my collection
When I have the permits, will post some of my photos
nethryk

Post by nethryk »

Here is an image of a stamp depicting a traditional male dancer beating a drum, designed by Pamela M. Prescott, engraved and printed by the Note Printing Branch, Reserve Bank of Australia, Melbourne, and issued for use in Papua & New Guinea on July 26, 1961, Scott No. 159, SG No. 31.

- nethryk

stallzer

Post by stallzer »

nethryk wrote:Here is an image of another classic waterfalls stamp: Chorrera Falls, engraved and printed by American Bank Note Company, and issued by Panama on March 1, 1915 as one of eight stamps in a set publicizing the Panama-Pacific International Exposition, held in San Francisco, California, February 20 to December 4, Scott No. 204.

- nethryk

Lovely set, do you have the complete set ?
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."
aardvark

Post by aardvark »

Here is an unusually large engraved stamp from the British Commonwealth (BC). Issued for use in Jamaica in 1919, this George V stamp (SG 80), showing a contingent of soldiers embarking, was printed by De La Rue (engraver unknown). It measures 30x47mm, which is a larger format than most BC stamps of the period; for example, most of the Gilbert and Ellice Islands stamps I posted here last week measure 24x37mm, which is fairly typical for BC pictorials. The SG catalogue lists a number of flaws and variants of this stamp but that stuff really doesn't interest me at all - I just enjoy admiring the design detail of these engraved beauties! :D

JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

Arriving in JonEBoy towers this week along with some other lovely items are this set from French Guinea, the 1931 Colonial Exhibition set, SG119-122.

According to a quick Google search the engraver of the 40c was Joseph de la Neziere 1873- 1944 and the stamps were printed by Institut de Gravure in France who were also responsible for a great many other French Colonial stamps

SG119
SG120
SG121
SG122

Jon
nethryk

Post by nethryk »

stallzer - Thanks, but no, I don't have the complete Panama-Pacific International Exposition set. Yet. :)

JonEboy - Nice images of the French Colonial Exposition set. But I believe Joseph de La Nézière only designed the first stamp in the set; to the best of my knowledge he was an accomplished painter, but not also an engraver. The Institut de Gravure et d'Impression de Papiers-Valeurs, Paris was a printing house that employed various fine engravers over the years. However, often the postage stamps issued by the Institut de Gravure were not signed by their engravers.

One last percussion emission for International Drum Month: Here is an image of a stamp depicting a drum and stool, designed and engraved by Jacques Gauthier, and issued by Chad on October 26, 1965 as one of a set of five stamps featuring various musical instruments displayed in the Chadian National Museum, Scott No. 116.

- nethryk

nethryk

Post by nethryk »

More Mörck: Here are images of the five stamp designs in a booklet depicting gods from Norse mythology, designed by Swedish artist Svenolov Ehrén (1927- ), engraved by Martin Mörck, and issued by Sweden on January 29, 1981, Scott No. 1350a (and Scott Nos. 1346-50), Facit Nos. 1152-56.

- nethryk

Booklet pane

Thor, god of thunder, catching Jormungand, the Midgard Serpent.

Heimdall, guard of the gods, blowing the Gjallar horn, and a rainbow.

Frey, god of virility and prosperity, riding the boar Gyllenborste.

Freya, goddess of love, beauty, and fertility, at the battlefield in a carriage drawn by cats.

Odin, ruler of Asgard and god of war, battle, victory and death, but also wisdom, magic, poetry, prophecy, and the hunt, riding the eight-legged steed Sleipner in his last fight at Ragnarök, the twilight of the gods.
Florian

Post by Florian »

JonEboy - Re: Your Ethiopia 1962 Sports set posted on Nov. 17:
At least the 15c value (SG 527 - Ethiopean hockey) was engraved by Ladislav Jirka (1924-1986) as can be seen on
http://knihovna.filaso.cz/filatelie_1997_10.pdf
(p. 6) showing examples of his engravings for both the Czechoslovak and foreign postal administrations printed in my country by the State Printers of Securities. ARTIA, Prague only arranged the deal.
Machaggis52

Post by Machaggis52 »

Antigua 1951 Inauguration of BWI University College SG118-119

Barbados 1951 Inauguration of BWI University College SG283-284
With kind regards, Jim
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

Florian wrote:JonEboy - Re: Your Ethiopia 1962 Sports set posted on Nov. 17:
At least the 15c value (SG 527 - Ethiopean hockey) was engraved by Ladislav Jirka (1924-1986) as can be seen on
https://knihovna.filaso.cz/filatelie_1997_10.pdf
(p. 6) showing examples of his engravings for both the Czechoslovak and foreign postal administrations printed in my country by the State Printers of Securities. ARTIA, Prague only arranged the deal.
Thank you Florian, my only regret is that I don't speak Czech so whilst the information looks wonderful sadly I can't benefit from it. :oops:

Here's another one for kushti, a different version of your earlier post featuring Victoria Falls. I saw this at a stamp fair on Sunday and knew I had to have it (rusty perfs and all!) for this thread.

Southern Rodesia SG30

Later in the day whilst rooting through some Japanese stamps this one appeared

Japan SG756

Whilst not strictly a waterfall I felt it might qualify :D

I have one or two more beauties which inadvertently found their way home with me on Sunday which I will share later in the week.

Jon
nethryk

Post by nethryk »

Antonio José de Sucre y Alcalá (1795–1830), known as the Grand Marshal of Ayacucho, was a Venezuelan independence leader, general and statesman, and also one of Simón Bolívar's closest friends. Sucre served as the second president of Bolivia (1825-1828), succeeding Bolívar. Here is an image of a stamp featuring a portrait of Marshal Sucre, engraved and printed by Perkins, Bacon & Co., Ltd., and issued by Bolivia in 1925 to commemorate the centenary of the nation's founding, Scott No. 159, plus an image of a painted portrait of Sucre which was probably the model for this stamp's design.

- nethryk

ImageImage
aardvark

Post by aardvark »

These two stamps were issued by Monaco in May 1965, to celebrate the centenary of the International Telecommunications Union. A very nice set, illustrating old and new forms of communication.

This one (SG 827, Yvert 672) shows a Roman beacon and the first telegraph (semaphore) system, invented by Claude Chappe (French, 1763-1805). Designed and engraved by Georges Bétemps.

This one (SG 828, Yvert 673) shows two cable-laying ships, the Great Eastern (designed by I. K. Brunel, launched 1858, laid the first transatlantic cable in 1866) and the Alsace (a French ship, built 1937, scrapped 1974, laid the Marseilles to Algiers cable in 1957). Designed and engraved by Jean Pheulpin.

JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

Thanks aardvark, nice Monaco stamps - I haven't seen these before.

To keep Monaco going I acquired a few treasures over the weekend including the entire set which has this as the top value

Monaco SG301 - this shows once again the brilliance of Gandon's engraving and looks even better in real life!

Next up a couple more from Monaco when I get a moment.....

Jon
nethryk

Post by nethryk »

Here are images of the two stamps in a Europa folklore set designed by Swedish graphic artist and illustrator Svenolov Ehrén (1927- ), engraved by Majvor Franzén-Matthews, and issued by Sweden on April 28, 1981, Scott Nos. 1352 & 1353, Facit Nos. 1158 & 1159.

- nethryk

Troll chasing boy on horseback

"Lady of the Woods"
aardvark

Post by aardvark »

Nethryk, that troll stamp is seriously scary, especially when enlarged! Nice though.
JonEboy, glad you like those Monaco UIT stamps. I've just realised I have the whole set! (I've only recently started collecting Monaco and haven't sorted them out properly yet.) I'll post the rest of the set (all issued by Monaco in 1965) over the next few days. Here, in no particular order, is the first instalment:

Here is Alexander Graham Bell with the telephone he invented in the 1870s (SG 824; Yvert 669). Designed and engraved by Georges Bétemps.

Two satellites now: first (SG 821; Yvert 666) the telecommunications satellite, 'Relay', designed and engraved by Cottet. Does anyone know if this would be René Cottet (1902–1992)?

Finally, for now, what must be one of the darkest engraved stamps I've seen (SG 822; Yvert 667) the USSR's 'Luna 3' satellite, launched in 1959, which we in the West usually call 'Lunik 3' for some strange reason! Designer/engraver is A. Frères - does anyone know who this is? I don't.
nethryk

Post by nethryk »

aardvark - That troll's not scary...He's just drawn that way. :)

Here is an image of one of my favorites among the stamps designed and engraved by Pierre Gandon for Monaco: Albert Schweitzer (1875-1965), issued on May 13, 1975 to commemorate Dr. Schweitzer's birth centenary, Scott No. 969.

- nethryk

PS: French artist and engraver André Frères (1902-1977) produced many fine stamps for France, Monaco, and other francophone countries.

JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

Nice stamp nethryk, love the detail on that.

These little monkeys were sitting in a dealers stockbook last weekend and I just couldn't help myself, they had to come home with me.

SG338-40 which are a se tenant strip, broken up here for larger scans (but still a strip in my stockbook :!: )

SG338

SG339

SG340

There seems to be a range of designers and engravers here including Gandon, Piel, Mazelin, De Laslo and DuFresne and between them they have created some fabulous imagery.

These are descibed as 'Airs' and I just love the planes in the two main stamps although regretfully the catalogues I have don't appear to have a great deal of detail about these other than that the 15f is the Statue of Liberty and New York and the blue 10f is the Bay of Monaco. The 10f appears to be Prince Louis II of Monaco, 1870-1949.

Jon
aardvark

Post by aardvark »

Nethryk, thanks for the information on André Frères.
JonEboy, nice set of 'monkeys' - great one of New York skyline :D

Here are three more of that Monaco UIT set. I hope you all like them as much as I do. These all depict the inventors of various telecommunications innovations.

This one (SG 826; Yvert 671) portrays Edouard Belin, pioneer of transmitting images by telegraph. He sent a photograph from Paris to Lyon in 1907 and his 'Belinograph' was later improved and used by news media across the world. Stamp designed and engraved by Claude Durrens.

Here (SG 825; Yvert 670) we have the rather better-known Samuel Morse with the telegraph he invented. SG says that the stamp was designed and engraved by René Cottet but it clearly bears the name of Jean Pheulpin. Looks like SG is wrong yet again! At least SG tries; Yvert & Tellier doesn't even bother to name designers and engravers. :(

This stamp (SG 829; Yvert 674) shows Edouard Branly and Guglielmo Marconi, pioneers of radio. The stamp records how, in 1899, Marconi set up the first wireless communication between France and England. This one really is designed and engraved by René Cottet.
nethryk

Post by nethryk »

JonEboy - Thanks! In my opinion, Pierre Gandon had a remarkable ability to create the illusion of sculptural depth in his engravings.

aardvark - You're welcome. André Frères was one of those lucky guys born into a family of artists and engravers.

More Mörck: Here are images of two se-tenant stamps designed by Swedish artists, engraved by Martin Mörck, and issued by Sweden on October 18, 1986, Scott Nos. 1612 & 1613, Facit Nos. 1424 & 1425.

- nethryk

Peace: Disarmament, olive branch and missiles, designed by E. W. Karlsson (1918-1985), commemorating the International Year of Peace.

Hands and breaking manacles, designed by Jordi Arkö (1951- ), commemorating the 25th anniversary of Amnesty International.
Florian

Post by Florian »

nethryk - Svenolov Ehrén (1927 - 2004).

I appreciate his original designs, belonging to those few used on Swedish stamps that were not just based on photographs even if the engravings of the latter used to be splendid.

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”