When is a FDC not a FDC, especially not 3 FDCs!

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: snaws, Justin, Volunteer Moderator Team

norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

When is a FDC not a FDC, especially not 3 FDCs!

Post by norvic »

A large cover from Philatelic Sales of Uruguay PO. A nice selection of stamps on the cover, posted 26 March 2009,as evidenced by the circular handstamp on the front (and about 20 times on the back!)

But what do we have here? Two triangular flower stamps with an earlier postmark, 12 March:

And the International Polar Year MS, with a 2 October 2008 postmark!

The Panadero stamp is postmarked 18 November 2007, and the shells block is also 2007

Image Image

All with a regular postmark from the office of posting also dated 26 March.

Obviously the philatelic service has applied older stamps and cancelled them each with their relevant first day postmarks! I've never seen the like of it before, but I suppose it can't be the only one?
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [Now re-open!]

jaywalker
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Re: When is a FDC not a FDC, especially not 3 FDCs!

Post by jaywalker »

ausfoo
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by ausfoo »

Paraguay Philatelic bureau did the same on my packet. Will scan it soon.
Countries: Malaysia, Trucial States Thematics: "Postal Services", "Postmen", "Post Boxes", etc. (anything related)Interested in all Stamp Catalogues (Especially thematic, one-country, and specialized catalogs)

norvic

Post by norvic »

Not quite the same thing though is it? The Uruguay one passed through the ordinary post just once.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [Now re-open!]

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”