Is the Gibbons Part 1 Catalogue in stock at the Strand?

There are some superb and incredibly useful reference books, and catalogues out there. And tools to measure perforations or paper thickness or LED magnifiers etc Please add your new discoveries - and recommendations to this forum. As in all forums, you can post photos of your favourites and recommendations.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

chrisb
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Is the Gibbons Part 1 Catalogue in stock at the Strand?

Post by chrisb »

Morning,

I want to send a relative who is coming out to RSA down to Gibbons to get me the new Part 1 but it's almost impossible to get a response.

Has it actually been released yet and does anybody know whether or not it is in stock at their shop on the Strand?

Thanks in advance.

Chris

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Is Gibbons Part 1 in stock at the Strand?

Post by Global Administrator »

Been out for about 2 weeks.

If it has not been on sale at The Strand they may as well pack up, and do their knitting.

They are spending a million quid a year or whatever having it open there, and not selling many stamps so Part #1 sales might pay a tiny part of that.

Glen
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

nigelc
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!

Post by nigelc »

SG's shop on the Strand is currently closed under government regulations for non-essential businesses.

This current restriction on shops in England ends tomorrow (Tuesday, 1st December) and non-essential businesses can re-open the day after, on Wednesday, 2nd so the shop may well re-open then or soon after.
Nigel

ViccyVFU
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by ViccyVFU »

Your friend would do better to avoid the London shop (still Covid-19 shut, until later in the week)

For a UK delivery address, its post free, and showing "in stock" on their website.

p1_2021.jpg
GB Commonwealth and British Empire Stamps 1840-1970, 2021 edition

chrisb

Re: Is the Gibbons Part 1 Catalogue in stock at the Strand?

Post by chrisb »

Thanks for the comments.

The Part 1 will be with me on Tuesday evening.

My first new one since the 2014 edition and I am looking forward to going through it.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

A super late release this year, and for locals, I do have Air Freight copies sitting here already which is pretty impressive! :lol:

Editor Hugh Jefferies just advised me a new software publishing system they loaded took a while for everyone to get adept at using. He has a long piece on this in the Forward of the book. He says it will be back on target in 2021.

''Part 1 is to be published next September 2021, as normal, so I am starting work on it now and would, of course, welcome your comments and suggestions for Australia listings and prices, although I appreciate how busy you must be. I gather SG have also seen a boom in sales of albums and accessories during lockdown.

For myself, I've been told that I can carry on doing Part 1 for as long as I want/am able to, which is great news, as I really enjoy doing it and it keeps the old brain cells ticking over. It is now 7½ years since I officially retired on my 65th birthday, so how long I can keep it up remains to be seen - hopefully there are a few more years in me yet!''
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

fchd
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by fchd »

The answer to the original question is Yes. There were a couple of piles of them in there today.

W5LDY
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by W5LDY »

chrisb

Post by chrisb »

Thanks for the replies. My new copy will be winging its way over this evening. My last new one was 2014 so I am quite looking forward to seeing this version on Tuesday evening.

Chris

Return to “Knowledge really is POWER in this hobby! Catalogues, journals and reference books.”