1. You will mention the seller, i.e. power4012
2. You will load the photo of whatever is in discussion into your www.imgur.com account etc - i.e. not the source auction photo - i.e. as per the one at top of this thread, as that will vanish within weeks.
3. You will post the actual lot number - i.e. ebay Item number 250395567873
4. You will also post the url link to the lot i.e.
And you will highlight that link with your cursor, and you will select the "URL" box and click that.
You will also when needed REMOVE EVERYTHING past the lot number on the massive links you often get on ebay. i.e.
https://cgi.ebay.com.au/Australia-Post-Stamp-Pack-1971-Christ ... ian_Stamps ?hash=item250395707923&_trksid= p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318
Which just becomes item XXXXXXXX and NOTHING after that - i.e.
https://cgi.ebay.com.au/Australia-Post-Stamp-Pack-1971-Christ ... 0395707923
5. You will press the "PREVIEW" button first, before you hit "SUBMIT" to check it all looks fine. (Wise members proud of their posts do that for EVERY post!) You will check there is SPACE between the photo and lines of text above and below -- many members never do this. Likewise the highlighted URL .. add SPACE top and bottom.
White space is our friend on a Bulletin Board, as things look better, and read better, if you use it. Likewise vast gobs of type is NOT attractive. Every sentence or two SHOULD be a new par from all members .. not "War and Peace" with no spaces.
And we DO use capital letters where conventional. 8)
6. You will after you press "SUBMIT" click on all links and ensure they work, and ensure the photo has loaded correctly .. you have an hour to edit as often as you like, and fix them up if they do not work.
As after a few weeks ebay images and lots vanish off all these sites.
So we then have 100 threads here with
"Wow - check this out"
That gets 5 or 10 replies and in 3 months no-one has a CLUE what anyone was referring to - the lot, the country, the seller or the image.
This new deal will ensure in a YEAR we can see what was going on. Or FIVE years or TEN years.
Often with shonks and forgers etc, having the lot number and seller name is very important to record forever as google indexes it forever then.
Thanks for your help.
ALL new threads and posts are expected to comply.
The info above can be worked into a post as you see fit, but it MUST all be there OK?
The last couple of editions of Windows have had the "Snipping Tool" as part of the toolbar.
Allows us to take superb captures of ANYTHING in seconds.