creativityplus4, msksur68 - eBay seller to be beware of

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

tonymacg
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

creativityplus4, msksur68 - eBay seller to be beware of

Post by tonymacg »

I've warned here about this eBay seller msksur68 before, but he seems to have returned to eBay, and with a vengeance now.

One respected member of the India Study Circle has just posted this list of questionable items on offer from creativityplus4 at the moment:

310163723194 - alleged fake overprint
310163708509 - alleged fake overprint
310163711309 - alleged fake overprint
310163723787 - alleged fake overprint
310163779442 - alleged forged stamp & alleged forged postmark
310163891860 - alleged fake overprint
310163890885 - alleged fake overprint
310163705050 - alleged fake postmark
310163705337 - alleged fake postmark
310163705523 - alleged fake postmark
310163705715 - alleged fake postmark
310163705949 - alleged fake postmark
310163706070 - alleged fake postmark
310163706550 - alleged fake postmark
310163707115 - alleged fake postmark
310163707985 - alleged fake postmark
310163708923 - alleged fake postmark
310163709496 - alleged fake postmark
310163710168 - alleged fake postmark
310163710696 - alleged fake postmark
310163712504 - alleged fake postmark
310163716048 - alleged fake postmark
310163716427 - alleged fake postmark
310163717023 - alleged fake postmark
310163717429 - alleged fake postmark
310163717691 - alleged fake postmark
310163718104 - alleged fake postmark
310163718649 - alleged fake postmark
310163718841 - alleged fake postmark
310163719252 - alleged fake postmark
310163720707 - alleged fake postmark
310163721116 - alleged fake postmark
310163780747 - alleged fake postmark
310163784604 - alleged fake postmark
310163786373 - alleged fake postmark
310163788001 - alleged fake postmark
310163787746 - alleged fake postmark
310163790412 - alleged fake postmark
310163846726 - alleged fake postmark
310163847486 - alleged fake postmark
310163898632 - alleged fake postmark
310163900193 - alleged fake postmark
310163910362 - alleged fake postmark
310163912587 - alleged fake postmark
310163912889 - alleged fake postmark
310164116222 - alleged fake postmark

I've checked them, and as far as the Indian States items go, I agree with the comments. The others don't look right to me, but I'd hesitate to be dogmatic about them.

I'm sorry I don't have the time to copy the images from all of these lots - I do have other things to do.

Two points seem to arise from this:

- Be very cautious indeed about buying from this seller

- What on earth can be done about him?
de Selby lives, and will return

admin
Site Administrator
Location: That's on a need to know basis - and YOU do not need to know!

Re: creativityplus - an eBay seller to beware of

Post by admin »

Well I for one do not have 15 minutes to go pasting in ebay lot links in order to offer an opinion, and the same would be true of most members I imagine - however to answer your other question below, that one is simple.

If I were a member of the India Study circle, and any person was flooding the market with fakes, I'd pass this thread link onto those members, and suggest a dozen of them take the action outlined below.

Do nothing and they have only themselves to blame for the flood of fakes continuing - and the value of their own genuine stamps declining sharply as a result. . :idea:

He will be banned as a seller then. This thread link to pass on is -

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=13994
tonymacg wrote:
- What on earth can be done about him?
ebay have set up a fast new portal to report suspected sellers of forged stamps and cancels and overprints etc, at - http://aitaex.notlong.com - there is space for 10,000 characters in your reply, so ALL the relevant info below, plus lot numbers of alleged fakes - and details as to WHY - can be added. Unlike most ebay complaint forms that frustratingly allow 100 characters etc.

Members here should contact this ebay re this. The more complaints they get, the faster they will act. History has shown us that 50 times before.

One complaint from one member might be seen by ebay as sour grapes or rivalry etc. TEN complaints from 10 members on one other seller, members with perfect track records really makes them pay attention. And so it should.

Be sure to tell THEM of their own policy - http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-stamps.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - as many ebay staff probably do not realise it exists so specifically!

Any above all remember you are dealing with some 20 year geek most likely at ebay, who know ZERO about stamps. You do need to spoon feed them a little. You need to say:

'The Australia 1931 3d Kingsford Smith stamp sells for $5. The moment someone overprints the letter "OS" on it, it becomes a $700 stamp. Therefore crooks and cons do it often. Unless it has Certificate of Genuineness it can be assumed to be FAKE. This ebay seller offers this and many other similar items on a regular basis. This is exactly WHY ebay adopted this marking of forgeries policy. '

etc, etc.

---------------------

ebay now has a written policy stopping ANYONE offering fake stamps etc, without them being marked as thus - i.e.

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-stamps.html

Selling of Stamps

eBay does not permit the sale of stamps that are fraudulent or improperly described.

Sellers who knowingly fail to disclose information about the authenticity of a stamp, alterations to the stamp, or other information that might have a material impact on the stamp's value may be reported to the American Philatelic Society.

If the stamp is a forgery, fake, reproduction or facsimile:

it must be clearly and indelibly marked as such

a clear image of this mark must be included

it must be clearly stated in the title and/or description

If unsure of the origin or authenticity of the stamp, please state this clearly in the listing. Do not sell an item "As Is" regarding its authenticity.

Violations of this policy may result in a range of actions, including:

Listing cancellation

Limits on account privileges

Account suspension

Forfeit of eBay fees on cancelled listings

Loss of PowerSeller status

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Glen, I've tried the fast portal you suggest before, on other dodgy Indian States items and sellers, and got precisely nowhere - despite citing chapter and verse on my concerns. Nothing but an automated response thanking me for my interest. eBay may be prepared to look at concerns relating to Australian region material, but it looks as if the India region is still too hard for them.

Creativityplus has disappeared from eBay for periods of time in the past, whether NARUed or not, I don't know. Readers of the ISC online newsgroup will have seen an even more serious allegation against him, which I'm reluctant to repeat here.

It might also be worth noting that he also operates as 'The Stamp Shop'. I received an emailed list of offers from him under that name the other day.

admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

tonymacg wrote:Glen, I've tried the fast portal you suggest before, on other dodgy Indian States items and sellers, and got precisely nowhere - despite citing chapter and verse on my concerns. Nothing but an automated response thanking me for my interest.
Members here should contact this ebay re this. The more complaints they get, the faster they will act. History has shown us that 50 times before.

One complaint from one member might be seen by ebay as sour grapes or rivalry etc. TEN complaints from 10 members on one other seller - from members with perfect track records, really makes them pay attention. And so it should. "People Power" at work.

Be sure to tell THEM of their own policy - http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-stamps.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; - as many ebay staff probably do not realise it exists so specifically!

Any above all remember you are dealing with some 20 year geek most likely at ebay, who knows ZERO about stamps. You do need to spoon feed them a little. You need to say:

'The Australia 1931 3d Kingsford Smith stamp sells for $5. The moment someone overprints the letter "OS" on it, it becomes a $700 stamp. Therefore crooks and cons do it often. Unless it has a Certificate of Genuineness it can be assumed to be FAKE. This ebay seller offers this and many other similar items on a regular basis. They are FAKES - created to deceive ebay members. This is exactly WHY ebay adopted this marking of forgeries policy. '

etc, etc.

aethelwulf

Post by aethelwulf »

I used the link Glen provided to report this user. I had the spare time at work to copy and paste over the lot numbers and edit everything according the format the auto-system wants.

Happy to do my part to make philately 'safer', not so inclined to helping eBay, which I'm becoming ever-increasingly more turned off by as a seller, and not finding much material on as a buyer (but then it's a vicious circle no buyers-no sellers, no sellers-no buyers).

I reported a seller for fraud before and it got nowhere. They never sent an invoice, their email address was not provided in emails from eBay or using 'request contact details' and the phone number registered on their eBay details was not theirs!

The seller had the nerve to file a UPI against me nonetheless, and eBay gave ME a strike for not paying! When i called eBay they said things to me like "why didn't you pay then?" "why didn't you try contacting the buyer?"

eBay has trained monkeys working for them who can't actually read any of the messages we take the time to bother sending, or listen to anything we say, they're too hell-bent on running themselves into the ground with stupid policy changes.
Collecting Mongolia; Thailand; Indo-China; Mourning Covers; OHMS.

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

admin wrote: Any above all remember you are dealing with some 20 year geek most likely at ebay, who know ZERO about stamps. You do need to spoon feed them a little. You need to say:

'The Australia 1931 3d Kingsford Smith stamp sells for $5. The moment someone overprints the letter "OS" on it, it becomes a $700 stamp. Therefore crooks and cons do it often. Unless it has Certificate of Genuineness it can be assumed to be FAKE. This ebay seller offers this and many other similar items on a regular basis. This is exactly WHY ebay adopted this marking of forgeries policy. '

etc, etc.
Glen, I think some of the ISC members will have to organize a mass campaign to tackle eBay on this person, as you suggest.

As to the details of the problem, I did explain the problem, extensively. But I strongly suspect the 20 year-old's eyes glazed over after the first sentence, and he/she simply spiked it. All too hard to follow. Still, if enough of us go on the rampage, and appear to be demonstrating that we know what we're talking about, someone might sit up and pay attention.

The frustrating part is that eBay is still an ideal medium for selling mid- to low-range Indian States material. And when it works, it works very well. I don't have any experience of it as a seller, but as a buyer, I've had few complaints over the years, and those were mostly minor. It can work for other collectors of this sort of stuff too, once they know which sellers to steer well clear of.

figmente
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by figmente »

But their ebay id is (was?) fitting.

tonymacg

Re: creativityplus - an eBay selle

Post by tonymacg »

figmente wrote:But their ebay id is (was?) fitting.
Oh, yes - I suppose we have been warned.

traderpaul
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by traderpaul »

I have been successful in having items delisted by eBay using the link Glen provided above. One I remember was a listing for a used copy of Canada Scott #16 that was actually #17. I recall that eBay received complaints from others as well. The listing was down less than 24 hours later.

From what I understand, it is not a know-nothing 20 year old who looks at complaints submitted via that form, but actually American Philatelic Society volunteers who a few years ago offered to provide some expertise to eBay in stamp matters like this. In this case there may be reluctance if complaints are isolated and/or if the volunteers do not have expertise in the Indian States area (strongly suspect that is the case here).

Prior to sending a complaint to eBay the seller should be notified of your suspicions re his listings and if the seller response is not satisfactory (i.e. prompt apology and delisting) then your complaints should be sent to eBay via the form that Glen has linked above. DO NOT use any other complaint form (guaranteed to go nowhere!), only that Stamp complaint form at eBay.com
#1 traders rule - lose your opinion, instead of your money!

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Unfortunately, creativityplus is the original serial offender. Collectors of the Indian States have time and again called him to order: he usually refunds the money for his fakes, and so has often escaped delisting. He was I think removed at one point, and resurfaced as 'creativityplus4'. That ID seems to have been scrubbed, and he's back to plain 'creativityplus'.

I have complained, as I said, citing the problems with one of his items in extenso, and others have done the same. It seems fairly clear that the difficulty is that eBay's panel of experts don't know anything about the Indian States and so won't act.

At the moment, the India Study Circle is organizing a mass write in to complain about the items I listed above. I hope it will succeed, but I'm not holding my breath. The effrontery of the man knows no bounds: he still sends me emails from another of his aliases (The Stamp Shop) offering his rubbish, and others who have complained to him have received the same email.

There's a further problem, which hasn't been touched on so far. He's pushed many alleged fakes out there into the market, some of them quite convincing if you don't know, and they are going to reappear on sale from innocent sellers.

(Just did a quick check on eBay for 'creativityplus', and turned up 0 items. It appears our campaign has been successful, insofar as getting him off eBay is concerned, at least.)

This man's favoured modus operandi is offering apparently faked cancellations to Greater India stamps that are more valuable used than mint - particularly high values. Be very, very cautious about any India, Indian States or India overprinted high value stamp which is rarer used than mint - no matter who's selling it.

admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

tonymacg wrote:
Just did a quick check on eBay for 'creativityplus', and turned up 0 items. It appears our campaign has been successful, insofar as getting him off eBay is concerned, at least.)
We none of us will EVER now know as you were "too busy" to offer even one working hotlink to any ebay lot, at any time. :twisted:

The very least ebay expects is for FACTS, not guesses, as to a user ID allegedly doing the wrong thing. One letter or character or hyphen or underscore wrong, and your alleged "ebay member" comes up as non existent. As this one does.

So in effect this thread is all hot air essentially, as it seems it is discussing an alleged ebay member handle who probably never existed in the first place.

If your study group do their mass complaint campaign against someone who never existed on ebay in the first place, they are not only wasting their time (some folks do have time to help nail these crooks for the wider good of others!) but ebay's time as well. And look like a bunch of gooses I'd guess.

This seller may have been wiped entirely from the entire ebay database, or you may have been spelling it wrongly all along. My guess is the latter, as NOTHING whatever shows on a google search for creativityplus -- and it would, even if banned - from other ebay's feedback FROM him - which of course still stand.

Had you actually had the time or foresight to paste even ONE working ebay link to something bogus allegedly being offered, we could all now check readily if that lot and member currently existed. :twisted:

The ONLY sensible policy for members here, who wish to get advice and action on potentially bogus sellers is to take a little time to do some homework first, and present their 'guesses' in a form that is easily checked by ebay.

The BEST way is to link to their feedback summary when mentioning them here -

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&u ... world=true

When a seller is banned from ebay as this one stampcollectorboz has been for months, all the existing feedback to that time still shows, plus all their details. Plus the note "Not a registered user" in bolded blue.

Accounts just do not "vanish" from ebay for selling fake stamps - no matter how serious. :idea:

So my strong guess is creativityplus was sadly, just a mis-selling by you from day #1. :shock:

Glen
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Glen, I can assure you the spelling is quite correct. I, and many others, have been having problems with him for years. He also has traded as 'creativityplus4'. This also turned up 0 hits.

As an experiment, I just tried the same thing on 'stampcollectorboz'. Same result: 0 hits.

It would appear that they are both unpersons as far as eBay is concerned.

Ormond
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by Ormond »

To help out a little here...

The seller in question is still in business on eBay, with their old handle (unchanged)

creativityplus4

eBay even have a store full of possible fakes and forgeries called "The Stamp Shop"

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/The-StampShop__W0QQ_armrsZ1

This is all about creativityplus4

http://myworld.ebay.com/creativityplus4/

admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

tonymacg wrote:Glen, I can assure you the spelling is quite correct. I, and many others, have been having problems with him for years.

He also has traded as 'creativityplus4'. This also turned up 0 hits.

As an experiment, I just tried the same thing on 'stampcollectorboz'. Same result: 0 hits.

It would appear that they are both unpersons as far as eBay is concerned.

Tony - total nonsense .. sorry.

Thanks Ormond. Finally someone understands the ebay system. :)

I'll change this thread heading to creativityplus4 as clearly that is what tonymacg MEANT to type. (Well who knows!)

Tony - please tell your India Study Circle guys to totally ignore ANYTHING you have ever typed re creativityplus as it is clear to me there has never been an ebay member of that name.

I repeat - a google search of ANY (correctly spelt) ebay member name -- past or present, will being up many matches.

creativityplus4 works - creativityplus does not.
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

Ormond

Post by Ormond »

Example:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310163708509

Described by creativityplus4 as Bhopal, India, Br. Common, KGVI, SG0357a, C£1100, Mint.

I, Ormond, know absolutely nothing about this stamp, but Stanley Gibbons do state:
This surcharge has been extensively forged, and should not be purchased without a reliable guarantee
Sold to a private bunny two days ago for £420.

For others to post up some of these sales, perform a sales history search for the last 90 days with creativityplus4 on goofbay ( https://www.goofbay.com)

I have to get back to work... :)

Lakatoi 4
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Location: First star on the right then straight on till morning ...

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

Ormond wrote:I, Ormond, know absolutely nothing about this stamp, but Stanley Gibbons do state:
This surcharge has been extensively forged, and should not be purchased without a reliable guarantee
For anyone to pay that sort of money on an o/print without a recognised certificate is sheer lunacy, particularly when Gibbons have issued that buyer warning :!:
Tony
"A cancelled stamp tells part of the story, a cover tells it all"

Tassie_Stamps
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Re: creativityplus4 - an eBay seller to beware of

Post by Tassie_Stamps »

What about if someone changes their eBay username... Does the old username still work forever when doing a search?

Maybe the seller in question above changed there username.

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Lakatoi 4 wrote:
Ormond wrote:I, Ormond, know absolutely nothing about this stamp, but Stanley Gibbons do state:
For anyone to pay that sort of money on an o/print without a recognised certificate is sheer lunacy, particularly when Gibbons have issued that buyer warning :!:

Ormond

Post by Ormond »

Oh dear.

The example sold by creativityplus4 is rather crude in comparison.

On the forgery the 2 is too thick and squat (as is the A), the S is very poorly done and overall the overprint is chunky when compared to the genuine.

The images aren't exactly aligned (I am still fighting photoshop), but you get the drift.

Lakatoi 4

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

Even if the o/printing forme had some variance, these fonts are totally different to one another. Other aspects of the o/print are obviously vastly different as well :!:
Tony

tonymacg

Re: creativityplus4 - an eBay sell

Post by tonymacg »

Gibbons says of this stamp 'Three different types of "2" occur in the setting of Type O 22. This surcharge has been extensively forged and should not not be purchased without a reliable guarantee."

In fact, the '2' in the fake is reasonably close to the genuine - it's just that all the rest of the overprint is wrong.

(And before anyone questions my imperf, the imperf version is rated at £1100 used against £1200 for the perf variety (SG O357a) - nothing to be gained by cutting off the perforations!)

An afterthought: A BPA Certificate signed off on by Philip Kinns is about as close as you can get to the gold standard in Uglies certificates.

admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

Tony - The way for your Society members to clean this shonk up is to use that ebay fake portal - https://aitaex.notlong.com - and say something like this below.

Get the member NAME 100% correct in any emails - creativityplus4 - and note there is NO ebay member called 'The Stamp Shop' - oddly referred to by you and others above.

If ebay get 20 emails on these lines they WILL act. Trust me. :lol:

====================

Dear ebay,

This UK based seller creativityplus4 is repeatedly offering on ebay, basic stamps worth a few cents each in normal condition, with totally FORGED overprints upon them, and asking up to £625 for them.

And many of them sell to unsuspecting buyers. Such as this recent sale of a forgery for £425 -

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310163708509

A leading international stamp dealer expert - Glen Stephens has after examiniation of the 3 photos, publicly branded the 3 stamps below from creativityplus4 as all crude fakes.

He may be contacted for verification on glen@glenstephens.com - he is a Life Member of the American Stamp Dealer's Association in New York, and the Philatelic Trader's Society London - the world's two leading stamp dealer bodies.

This expert view should ensure that ebay only allows these stamps to be offered if INDELIBLY MARKED ON THE BACKS AS FORGERIES.

The India Study Circle has also been concerned for some time about the numerous forgeries being regularly offered by this seller on ebay - that well respected group may be contacted for verification on - xxxxxx@xxxxxxx.com

ebay has a clear written policy covering such fakes being offered to financially defraud ebay members -

===================

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/selling-stamps.html

"Selling of Stamps

eBay does not permit the sale of stamps that are fraudulent or improperly described.

Sellers who knowingly fail to disclose information about the authenticity of a stamp, alterations to the stamp, or other information that might have a material impact on the stamp's value may be reported to the American Philatelic Society.

If the stamp is a forgery, fake, reproduction or facsimile:

it must be clearly and indelibly marked as such

a clear image of this mark must be included

it must be clearly stated in the title and/or description"

======================

Please ensure that the seller creativityplus4 is reminded to clearly mark all such fakes as this, as FORGERIES to comply with the ebay policy, and suggest he does not re-offend.

creativityplus4 offers these with no Certificate of Genuineness, and a few of his crude fakes being offered right now are -

=====================

https://cgi.ebay.com/Zanzibar-Br-Common-KGV-SG-16m-Cat-4250-Used_W0QQitemZ310163891860

Zanzibar, Br. Common, KGV, SG 16j, Cat £4250, Used

Starting bid: GBP 625.00

======================

https://cgi.ebay.com/Nabha-India-Br-Common-KEdVII-SG38a-C-1100-Mint_W0QQitemZ310165860618

Nabha, India, Br. Common, KEdVII, SG38a, C£1100, Mint, gum toning.

Start bid £250

=====================

https://cgi.ebay.com/Nabha-India-Br-Common-QV-SG18a-C-300-UM-G-Cre_W0QQitemZ310165860987

Nabha, India, Br. Common, QV, SG18a, C£300, UM- but Gum Crease.

Start bid £150

======================

admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

tonymacg wrote:
I've warned here about this eBay seller before, but he seems to have returned to eBay, and with a vengeance now.

One respected member of the India Study Circle has just posted this list of questionable items on offer from creativityplus4 at the moment:

310163723194 - alleged fake overprint
310163708509 - alleged fake overprint
310163711309 - alleged fake overprint
310163723787 - alleged fake overprint
310163779442 - alleged forged stamp & alleged forged postmark
310163891860 - alleged fake overprint
310163890885 - alleged fake overprint
310163705050 - alleged fake postmark
310163705337 - alleged fake postmark
310163705523 - alleged fake postmark
310163705715 - alleged fake postmark
310163705949 - alleged fake postmark
310163706070 - alleged fake postmark
310163706550 - alleged fake postmark
310163707115 - alleged fake postmark
310163707985 - alleged fake postmark
310163708923 - alleged fake postmark
310163709496 - alleged fake postmark
310163710168 - alleged fake postmark
310163710696 - alleged fake postmark
310163712504 - alleged fake postmark
310163716048 - alleged fake postmark
310163716427 - alleged fake postmark
310163717023 - alleged fake postmark
310163717429 - alleged fake postmark
310163717691 - alleged fake postmark
310163718104 - alleged fake postmark
310163718649 - alleged fake postmark
310163718841 - alleged fake postmark
310163719252 - alleged fake postmark
310163720707 - alleged fake postmark
310163721116 - alleged fake postmark
310163780747 - alleged fake postmark
310163784604 - alleged fake postmark
310163786373 - alleged fake postmark
310163788001 - alleged fake postmark
310163787746 - alleged fake postmark
310163790412 - alleged fake postmark
310163846726 - alleged fake postmark
310163847486 - alleged fake postmark
310163898632 - alleged fake postmark
310163900193 - alleged fake postmark
310163910362 - alleged fake postmark
310163912587 - alleged fake postmark
310163912889 - alleged fake postmark
310164116222 - alleged fake postmark

I've checked them, and as far as the Indian States items go, I agree with the comments. The others don't look right to me, but I'd hesitate to be dogmatic about them.
Tony ... to be of any use, it really is wise for someone to take the hour to load a photo of these questionable items here, as identified by the India Study Circle as being sold/offered by creativityplus4 on ebay with possibly not all legitimate overprints or cancels.

That way there is a permanent record. These ebay lots and images will scroll off ebay in a few weeks and those lot numbers will mean nothing to anyone.

If the lot photos and descriptions are posted here there is a permanent record of what was being offered.

-----------------------------

admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

Someone claiming to be ebay member creativityplus4 sent me a a huffing and puffing email today, and I note with some satisfaction that ALL material currently on offer from creativityplus4 looks 100% legitimate as far as I can see -

https://shop.ebay.com/creativityplus4/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

So presumably ebay have issued a warning and/or deleted anything that did not comply? OR he got the message himself when he was shown this thread. Either way - - a good result for collectors of India and area. :lol:

The humorous thing is the note I recieved was IMHO without doubt inspired by an ebay to ebay contact(s) from stampcollectorboz to creativityplus4

Well not from stampcollectorboz as ebay have banned that handle for rampant shill bidding and other issues it is believed, so the contact to creativityplus4 was presumably made via ebay, through a fake or duplicate handle still owned or controlled by stampcollectorboz

Perhaps creativityplus4 might be able to join stampboards, and advise us who his secret ebay coach was, trying to stir up trouble from the sidelines? :D

creativityplus4 - you are of course free to join stampboards and present your side of the story - if there is one.

And explain to members how a pretty obvious looking crude forgery like this came from into your hands - yet you are still happy to cheerfully offer it for £1,200 -

https://cgi.ebay.com/India-Br-Commonwealth-QV-SG017-C-4250-Unused_W0QQitemZ310165860776

"India, Br. Commonwealth, QV, SG017, C£4250, Unused - price £1200"

Mysteriously pulled off ebay yesterday. :idea:

Or perhaps give us the history of this major rarity you have been offering - that also looks like a crude fake overprint to me -- but you may be able to educate us as to why it is not?

https://cgi.ebay.com/Mafia-Island-Br-Common-QV-Pair-ovpt-Ommited-M35_W0QQitemZ310163900193

" Mafia Island, Br. Common, QV, Pair, overprint Ommited on one Stamp, in pair, Gum disturbed and toned. This value unrecorded as yet."

If they are not genuine, and not expertised, the EBAY RULES (not our rules, but the clearly printed EBAY RULES) clearly state the seller must mark the stamp indelibly as a forgery. End of story. No point whining to US about EBAY rules!

Heck, I'll bet if you mail it to me Registered Post I can get a free written opinion for you from the Indian Study Circle folks on it. On indeed all of the dodgly looking overprinted stamps above I have illustrated that you have been offering for huge sums as purportedly "genuine". :lol:

So there is an offer .. mail them all to me REGISTERED mail, and I'll see about getting them expertised by experts for you - totally FREE. Can't say fairer than that, i am sure you'll agree. THEN you can offer them at your huge prices sold as "with Expert Opinion from Indian Study Circle members that this overprint/cancel is genuine, so far as they can say."

Think how many countless £1,000s you will make then?

So thanks for the contact creativityplus4 - I'd forgotten about this thread and moved on, but seeing you raised it, it has given me the chance to post the couple of items above, now you have re-kindled my interest in alleged "RARITIES" from India and area.

However on the positive side, good to see all you are offering now on ebay look 100% above board to me at least.

I am sure members will keep a VERY close eye on what you offer in future - and post here should your concentration wane.

https://shop.ebay.com/creativityplus4/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=

And do be careful about who on ebay you take advice from. :idea:

stampcollectorboz had a far higher feedback tally than yours, before ebay wiped him for the final time - please take a close read of this thread, and decide whether this kind of seller is anyone to be taking guidance from, and confiding with - :idea:

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5631

HE reads these boards like a hawk, we do know that, and we are pleased he has drawn your attention to us as well. Join up - let us know your side of the story. :D

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Your Good Deed done for the day, Glen :D

I do hope he signs up, and explains how it is that he's been so unfortunate as to be taken in by all these fakes he's bought for stock, and then innocently re-offered on eBay.

admin
Site Administrator

Post by admin »

tonymacg wrote:Your Good Deed done for the day, Glen :D

I do hope he signs up, and explains how it is that he's been so unfortunate as to be taken in by all these fakes he's bought for stock, and then innocently re-offered on eBay.
Yes indeed.

And he might explain why all his stamp auctions are "private" so the buyers can't easily be located (but they CAN be located trust me!) but when he sells household goods his sales are NOT private. Hmmmmm.

"Private" sales on ebay for stamps almost always sets off an alarm bell, screaming FAKES OR DODGY MATERIAL. There is no other reason to use that system.

Receiving his little note today, got me inspired to take a second look look at his operation, and I see that in the last 90 days his sales are about £3500, as all can see - WARNING ..... this link takes a while to load up as a lot of data to check -

https://www.goofbay.com/ebay_seller_history_tool.html?gsl_use ... submit.y=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

There are Indeed MANY stamps sold for large sums with cancels on them, that make them worth a LOT more used than mint. Hmmmm.

And overprints like this below that sold for big money - £140 - that I would not pay even $1 for, as forgeries are legion, and the underlying stamp is near worthless.

" India, KEdVII, Fine.Used, Error, Overprint Inverted, SG148a, 1905 1/2 Anna on 1/2 Anna green, Cat £950. VERY RARE."

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=310089754844

Nguyen

Re: creativityplus4 - an eBay seller to possibly be beware of?

Post by Nguyen »

I learnt a lot from this thread. Congratulations to all of you, and thank you!

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

I wouldn't touch that ¼ Anna inverted overprint with a barge pole :D

Lakatoi 4

Re: creativityplus4 - an eBay seller to possibly be beware of?

Post by Lakatoi 4 »

The amount of fakes that have been produced since o/prints, OS and other perfs were first introduced in the 19th. Century would be truly mind boggling IMHO.

More of this stuff around makes it even harder for collectors to be sure that what they are buying is real. This is particularly so where it simply would be overkill to get a certificate for anything in the lower value range :!:
Tony

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Yes: pity the poor general collector. At least if you specialize, you're likely to know, or have access to the knowledge, about the fakes in your area. Plenty has been written about the fakes of the ¼ surcharges on the Indian EVII ½ Anna.

peterh

Be wary of eBay seller creativityplus4

Post by peterh »

The seller creativityplus4 has a number of Indian States items on Ebay, but does not seem too bothered about describing stamps correctly.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/creativityplus4/m.html?item=310283 ... 7675.l2562

For example this block of Hyderabad:

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hyderabad-India-Indian-States-SG045-Cat-300-QV-BLK-/310283016670

and

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hyderabad-India-Indian-States-SG045-Cat-300-QV-BLK-/310286665103

Interestingly, these two items are the same, one an auction, one a newly listed Buy it Now, and described as Hyderabad SG O45, catalogued at 300 GBP.

The block is in fact SG O44, catalogued at 60 pence.

I have informed the seller, who said it would be looked into, but all he seems to have done is relisted it at 75 GBP Buy it Now, presumably in the hope that someone will think they are getting a bargain!!

This is the item:

tonymacg

Re: Be wary of eBay seller creativityplus4

Post by tonymacg »

Creativityplus4 has been mentioned - unfavourably - here before. Last time, he was selling blatant fakes: he used to have marvellous and seemingly inexhaustible access to supplies of all sort of Indian States which were worth considerably more used than mint (Convention States high values, the Jaipur Investiture 5 Rupee and so on).

I and others reported him to eBay, and after a while he seemed to drop out of sight. It seems that now he's back at the old stand, with a new twist on his old tricks. Of course, he isn't the first, and won't be the last, to misidentify that stamp; not an easy thing to do if you actually check the catalogue properly.

As you're in the UK, you might conceivably bump into him. His name is Sunil Suri.

peterh

Post by peterh »

Thanks Tony - I wasn't aware it was Mr Suri - I did correspond with him briefly some years ago, but I've never purchased anything from him.

He still has plenty of used Convention States which mostly look suspicious to me!

Definitely a seller to steer clear of!

peterh

Post by peterh »

Just noticed he's now using the eBay account name msksur68 as well, peddling the same old stuff.

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Thanks for that discovery, Peter! I hadn't noticed his new handle - something more to be alert to.

As he sells (or tries to sell) so many Indian States items, it might be worth repeating the warning about his new name over in Banging the drum ....

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

It appears he's branched out from faked cancellations to faked overprints.

By chance, I stumbled on this Nabha item he has for sale

https://cgi.ebay.com/Nabha-India-Indian-States-SG18a-Cat-300-Mint-QV_W0QQitemZ310299417532

and a genuine Nabha overprint underneath, for comparison:

The 'S' of 'STATE' might be the best diagnostic.

Fortunately, his attempts to do overprints are convincing as his 'used' Indian States.

Jack
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by Jack »

A Sunil has just asked me to send scans of some Indian material I showed here....

ozstamps
PLATINUM Shooting Star *10,000* Posts!
PLATINUM Shooting Star  *10,000* Posts!

Post by ozstamps »

I understand Sunil is a very popular first name in India?

Much like Jack in some countries is. :idea:

Jack

Post by Jack »

Thanks, just checking.

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Mr creativityplus4 announced a while ago that he was retiring, but it seems he's relented. He's now back at the old stand, and with a fine selection of - shall we say? - dubious used copies of Indian States stamps that are worth considerably more used than mint.

One current offering: https://www.ebay.com/itm/1948-Bahawalpur-Pakistan-India-Br-Co ... 0420089797

This stamp is catalogued currently at 80p mint, or about new issue price, despite the fact that it appeared in 1948. However, used, it's priced at £42. He's offering it at £8.99, but curiously enough, noone has put in a bid yet.

Here is an example of a genuinely used contemporary Bahawalpur stamp:

SG O15 - interesting to compare the postmarks, isn't it?

His eBay store https://stores.ebay.com/The-StampShop?_trksid=p4340.l2563 has lots of other enticing things, for the Fiji collector among others.

peterh

Post by peterh »

creativityplus4 has now relisted the same Hyderabad block that I started the thread with:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hyderabad-India-Indian-Feudatory-S ... 0515799511

Again wrongly described as SG O45 and £360 catalogue price and starting at £69.99.

I've sent him a message but no reply so far and attempted to report it, but probably won't get anywhere as there's no proper way to report something that is wilfully misdescribed rather than fake.
Last edited by peterh on 01 Dec 2012 06:30, edited 1 time in total.

peterh

Post by peterh »

And creativityplus4 is still saying, "Many items like these will be offered in the next month or so, as need to retire. All will be offered without any reserve and very low start value."

Just to reiterate, creativityplus4 is Mr Sunil Suri, also known as The Stamp Shop, based in Romford, UK

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/creativityplus4/m.html?item=310283 ... 7675.l2562

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

He never seems to give up. Apparently, his retirement was a case of 'promises, promises, nothing but idle threats' :D

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

NABHA, CONVENTION STATES, India, Br.Commonwealth, ERROR, A OMITED, V RARE MM,ED

Time left: 4d 20h (06 Dec, 201208:26:57 AEDST)
Starting bid: GBP 399.00
[ 0 bids ]

Approximately AU $612.79

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NABHA-CONVENTION-STATES-India-Br- ... 0516028442

"This is a private listing and your identity will not be disclosed to anyone except the seller."

This amateur fake looks like it was done by an 8 year old, with a fine point black marker pen.

It is a creativityplus4 "private sale" as then no-one can contact the idiot bunny buyer to warn them to return this junk.

varnadreams
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by varnadreams »

Hi,been watching this thread for a few days now,and thought I'd ask an obvious question.

If he's based in Romford UK,has anyone previously reported him to either his local police or trading standards office?

Officialdom seems to get very worked up about downloading music etc illegally, so perhaps someone working in trading standards might be interested enough in philately to take an interest,or at least point you in the right direction ?

How about the Inland Revenue (If you can identify him precisely) ? They are supposedly trying to clamp down on ebay traders not declaring their full income.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Well he seems easy enough to contact and find. :)

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/RENT-HIRE-OUR-LUXURY-CARAVAN-SLEE ... 0508389553

Our privately owned 2012 36'x12' DELUX, Static Caravan is for hire this summer.

It is sited at the stunning SEAVIEW VILLAGE INSIDE, COMBE HAVEN, IN HASTINGS, E.SUSSEX, near THE SEASIDE.

The caravan is a brand new 2012 model.

STUNNING SEA VIEW, IN THE POSH PART OF THE PARK.

Please contact JJ.FOR more info on 07411779151

birder
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by birder »

Creativityplus4 is crazy !!! No, Creativityplus4 is a criminal.

The Gwalior block of four -- the overprint in the first stamp--third character is transposed. It reads sersiv instead of service.

Tony, something needs to be done about this criminal. PATIAEA is not funny any more. NABH and this hindi overprint in the image above prove the outright criminal mentality of this monster.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:
I am not afraid of death, I just don't want to be there when it happens.
Woody Allen

varnadreams

Post by varnadreams »

If you look at his feedback as a buyer,he has upset a seller in India named 'amistores' who sells coins.Perhaps this amistores could be persuaded to furnish us with full contact details in order to do something legally to upset his operations?
Not sure if this is 'safe' advice.... could any of you who have tackled similar crooks before please comment or think of alternatives ?

peterh

Post by peterh »

peterh wrote:creativityplus4 has now relisted the same Hyderabad block that I started the thread with:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hyderabad-India-Indian-Feudatory-S ... 0515799511

Again wrongly described as SG O45 and £360 catalogue price and starting at £69.99.

I've sent him a message but no reply so far and attempted to report it, but probably won't get anywhere as there's no proper way to report something that is wilfully misdescribed rather than fake.

Sorry, I should have said 'revived' this thread not 'started' it and also reposted the image to clarify which it was:

Last edited by peterh on 01 Dec 2012 22:58, edited 1 time in total.

peterh

Post by peterh »

These details are in the public domain online, although they may be out of date:

Creativityplus4
Millbrook Gdns

County: Essex
Locality: 2, Millbrook Gardens, Gidea Park, Romford, Essex.
Post Code: RM2 5RP
Mr S Suri
(Proprietor)

Tel: 07984 577966 or 07872 600841

Fax: 01708 753877

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”