Something Fishy with "stamps_fishing" on eBay! FORGERIES!!

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

bazza4338
100 Thousand Club - Addicted Stamp Poster!
100 Thousand Club - Addicted Stamp Poster!

Re: Something Fishy with "stamps_fishing" on eBay! FORGERIES

Post by bazza4338 »

I found this phone number for Gift Balloo, 168 Belmore Road, Riverwood NSW on "Whitepages.com.au"

Their website is not working.

Maybe someone there can help.

1 result found in Riverwood NSW and surrounding locations
Search results
Gift Balloo
Send this listing to your mobile
(02) 9584 1264
168 Belmore RdRiverwoodNSW2210

traralgon3844
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by traralgon3844 »

wishstamps went belly up in 2009 if my memory serves me correctly.

If he was running a business from those premises at the time, dodgy businesses come and go just like his dodgy eBay identities.

The current occupier probably has nothing to do wth stamps_fishing.
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

jeremy29
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by jeremy29 »

He is now selling Queensland 2nd sideface 1shilling and 6d specimen stamps

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Queensland-1879-6d-Green-First-sidef ... 0771323755

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Queensland-1879-1-Mauve-First-sidefa ... 0771324340

Here are genuine examples

http://www.stampboards.com/images/prestigephilately/cats.php?auctionnum=146&sortcode=2side1

They are dangerously similar.

Update: Oops, David, just saw your post on the previous page. Good to know they look "kosher"

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

The State Specimen overprints are kosher, the stamps are regummed.

One of his new faking sidelines but appalling quality and even pickable from facial scans.

If anyone cares to buy one or more, and mail to me I'll given a written opinion on that, and you can get a PayPal refund, and leave yet another negative. :idea:

Glen

fossick
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Post by fossick »

I just looked at the 6d green.

What is its cat value for genuine?

Are the bottom perfs supposed to rise up in the centre of the stamp like reperfs?

John G

jeremy29

Post by jeremy29 »

John, these stamps are scarce and expensive. I have been looking for these for months and haven't seen them anywhere. And if I could find them at auction they would cost considerably more than his starting price. So how does he do it? ...

jeremy29

Post by jeremy29 »

I notice they are private listings, which always has me worried. Can someone explain to me why a seller with genuine material would use a private listing?

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

jeremy29 wrote:
I notice they are private listings, which always has me worried.

Can someone explain to me why a seller with genuine material would use a private listing?
It can't be explained, other than to repeat to you what has been typed here 1000 times, and it still does not seem to reach all eyes - it is a sure sign of a seller with something to hide.

ANYONE sane, seeing any ebay stamp lot offered with "private listings" should run 100 miles in the other direction.

When you see a string of "private sale" feedback like this you are looking at a list of the biggest schmuck buyers on ebay -

http://feedback.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&u ... llFeedback

What we often suggest is that some of those are contacted politely via ebay, and given a link to this thread to learn what dopes they have been -

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34934

And many of them will send back the duds and demand a refund via the PayPal guarantee. :idea:

martin1955
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by martin1955 »

And yet this crook is still on ebay.

I complained to ebay about him, and all they said they would or could do is remove the listing with those appalling hand drawn OS Smithies.

Hey PeterS, a noble attempt on your part, but unfortunately the conman saw right through it. Perhaps your zero feedback was a giveaway. I am going to attempt to buy something off him and my feedback is over 150. Let's see what happens.

As I have said in the past the best way to stop him is to get Ebay to PERMANENTLY BAN HIM!!!!!!!!!!

We have got to stop this feelgood attitude that seems to be prevailing. We may caused him to only get $40 or so for a fake coil pair, but he still got $40 for something that cost him a few cents.

And he is still there. He must have other Ebay names which I am looking for and will expose as long as I am certain it is him.

The core of the problem is ebay itself, as they allow him to continue despite all our efforts.

Maybe we should be focusing on ebay, and maybe other external authorities, as our efforts on the forger seem to have little and short lasting effect.

jeremy29

Post by jeremy29 »

The as well Martin is that once this material is out there it is out there forever. When I get around to doing my 2nd sideface blog I will now have to put that there are specimen forgeries out there, forgeries that are very hard to distinguish from the original :-)

David Benson
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by David Benson »

Jeremy,

they are not forgeries, the only thing fishy about them is that most probably had rust and they have been cleaned, regummed and sold as mnh. All the buyers have to do is wash the gum off and they have perfectly genuine stamps which normally have no gum anyway.

David B.

jeremy29

Post by jeremy29 »

Thanks David for clarifying this :-)

David Benson

Post by David Benson »

Jeremy,

I doubt if they exist mnh., most examples were stuck down in reference books and over a period of time have been removed and have no gum anyway.

David B.

sarge
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by sarge »

Hi these are stamps-fishing die11 scams on ebay.Will post images later

230772193250 ………… 330712873735 …….. 230773020143

sarge

alexproskurin

Post by alexproskurin »

PeterS
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by PeterS »

Why bother?
Peter
Hawthorn - AFL Premiers 1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015

fromdownunder
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by fromdownunder »

I notice that he is now so scared of letting anybody actually look at his stamps properly that he no longer provides enlarged images for anything at all.

And from his total listings on eBay at present, I can see that the time for sending his CV to McDonalds and getting a job flipping Burgers for a living cannot be far off.

"Will there be forgeries with your Big Mac?"

Norm
Geelong, VFA Premiers 1878, 1879, 1800, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1886, AFL Premiers 1925, 1931, 1937, 1951, 1952, 1963, 2007, 2009, 2011, .

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

This is the Die 2 from the links above.

As you can see there is a colour anomaly on the left of the spur which gives rise to the suspicions averred to above. There are also similar colour anomalies in the lower margin in th close up. Silverfish perhaps. The actual spur may be O.K., it is just that whiter area that has given rise to the suspicions. We will never know unless examined in the flesh. But that one is not worth forging IMHO.

Item: 330712873735

fromdownunder wrote:I notice that he is now so scared of letting anybody actually look at his stamps properly that he no longer provides enlarged images for anything at all.Norm
He has been doing that for ages. Scanning a suspect stamp a low DPI setting on the scanner and in some cases and as Norm has said, the image won't even enlarge on the eBay listing. As you can see from the images above he is perfectly capable of scanning at higher DPI settings.

Take this one for instance. It would enlarge but it actually remained at the same size. No close ups of the OS for this listing.

Item: 330711522544

I have enlarged the OS and you can draw your own conclusions as to why it was scanned at the lower DPI setting.

Perhaps a salutary warning about all eBay traders that have crappy scans. You have to wonder, what are they hiding?

This was one of his proven OS forgeries and you will notice there is opportunity to enlarge thee image in the eBay listing.

People coming across this thread for the first time, please take the time to read the entire thread and follow a couple of the links to the other forger threads and the Tasmanian Philatelic Society for further details of his nefarious activities.
We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

sarge

Post by sarge »

I have tried to get some samples for Stampboards but for some reason they wont show up on my computer?? I dont have trouble with anything else ,just his,I can get the colour when I copy but they don't show up no matter where I send them
WEIRD sarge wonder because he has blocked me if that causes the trouble?

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Sarge,

He has only blocked you from bidding. I suspect I am the same. I haven't bothered trying to buy anything from him. I don't feel comfortable in giving him a cent.

Anyone he suspects is from stampboards will probably receive the same treatment as Peter did when he won and tried to take possession of a lot that contained a couple of confirmed OS perfin forgeries.
PeterS wrote:Since it has been put into the public domain here, let me fill you in on the OS forgeries lot. I was the buyer (created an account call stampbuyer52).

I paid by PayPal, naturally, and paid for Registered mail, naturally. He did not reply to a number of emails and I put in a dispute with PayPal. This had the effect of him finally sending me a registered letter.

Instead of the forged OS stamps all it contained was a single sheet of paper, this:

His threats are like water off a duck's back to me. However, he cannot be allowed to act in such a fashion and I have made full reports to the appropriate authorities.

By his feedback it seems he is going to claim the stamps were sent and I stole them. Well, I have his original letter (including the envelope), so I guess we will see. I wonder if he wore gloves when he handled the letter and/or envelope? Of course, I won't have the letter long, it is required for evidence and forensic testing.
As for getting images, I sometime copy from the eBay link, but also use snagit and Windows 7 has a handy snipping tool.

sarge

Post by sarge »

This is what I wrote to him and his replys

sarge

=================

To: toc001au

pay the consequence??? That's a laugh, OK I want to pay the consequence little man.
- stamps_fishing

To: stamps_fishing

Hi I have to much experience for you that is not a spear but a piece of cotton or paper placed there and a photo taken to make it look like a Die11 Remove them or pay the consequence ......toc001au
- toc001au

To: toc001au

Hi, you need your eyes checked!! They have spears in the left value tablet as DIE 2 should have, I think you meant something else? Cheers

- stamps_fishing

Hi These are not Die2 and I suggest you remove them .........toc001au
- toc001au

Dear toc001au,

Whatever makes you happy little man.....
- stamps_fishing

Proves my point nobody bought them, all could see that they are fakes.
Go to http://www.stampboards.com ..........and learn from the experts..
NO CHARGE EVER AND YOU WONT REGRET IT toc001au
- toc001au

Dear toc001au,

If you half a brain you would have worked out if I could turn a DIE 1 into a DIE 2 then I would be doing it with the 1d green which is worth a lot more don't you think or I forgot you're the best at being so smart, GEEZ!!

Yep and so is an ATOM.....look how destructive it is when split solong chimp
- toc001au

I have re-listed the stamp, thank you and good bye your wasting my time!! :)
- stamps_fishing

Look if you still think they are genuine then I will tell you my Ph number then we will go to stamp boards where they have all the experts from around the world and let them decide who is right and who is wrong.

If you wish you can name the wager or bet or whatever if you are so certain and I will match whatever you say.Now I can't be fairer than that.I am getting pissed off with this as I told you first that they were fakes now let us settle this for good.

my intention was to educate you but now it looks like I shall have to disgrace you as a seller of stamps because you can't or won't admit you were wrong or you were intentionely selling a fake.

But remember just because they are no longer on Ebay that doesn't mean that we can't obtain them as I also have a copy. You will be very suprised what they can do on this site. So now the ball is in your court Robert
- toc001au

Dear toc001au,

I AM SCARED
- stamps_fishing

Now you will see how much time of yours I am wasting
- toc001au

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

stamps_fishing has now loaded up a heap of complete tat on eBay, mostly OS perf stamps on piece, and is including showing the enable larger image option. God this guy is an idiot. Post something here and it will react, and spend its "valuable" time putting up stuff . He must be spending more time here than he does trying to make a living.

The Stampboards tail is most certainly wagging the eBay dog. And the eBay dog is too stupid to even understand what is going on. Flip those hamburgers at $16.00 an hour mate. You might be able to eat three squares a day if you do, instead of living on a bowl of Cornflakes.

Norm
Geelong, VFA Premiers 1878, 1879, 1800, 1882, 1883, 1884, 1886, AFL Premiers 1925, 1931, 1937, 1951, 1952, 1963, 2007, 2009, 2011, .

sarge

Post by sarge »

Hi I am told by a friend of a friend,if you get my meaning that the stroke in the die11 is a chemical wash that removes the red,but this doesn't sound right to me as it would also remove the white of the value tablet border.Or it only removes the colour then it woudn't interfere with the white of the border.Possible????
sarge

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

traralgon3844 wrote:This is the Die 2 from the links above.

As you can see there is a colour anomaly on the left of the spur which gives rise to the suspicions averred to above. There are also similar colour anomalies in the lower margin in th close up. Silverfish perhaps.

The actual spur may be O.K., it is just that whiter area that has given rise to the suspicions. We will never know unless examined in the flesh. But that one is not worth forging IMHO.

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p43 ... true&rt=nc

Folks, don't forget this is a small time crim. He probably siphons petrol in between the stamp faking sessions. And shoplifts cans of Coke from the local Deli.

They think small, which is why they stay small. And they ALL get caught. As they are dumb.

He is trying (un-successfully) to forge $7.99 stamps, that's how small his mind is.

It is obvious to anyone with eyes that he has taken a camel's hair brush on those laughable "Die 2s" and done a white paint arc to vaguely resemble a Die 2 Spur.

Not even the dopey ebay Bunnies were fooled, and it got zero bids. So it cost him listing fees, time to do the forging, time to abuse sarge via 10 emails, and not a cent to show for it.

Indeed this genius is earning minus dollars per hour so far. Warren Buffett he is not. :lol:

So siphoning petrol is a far more lucrative career path, as is flipping those burgers at Maccas once again. And at Maccas the Coke is free - no need to steal it. :idea:

Dip these fakes in water, or lick your fingertip and rub it, and the white paint will run. Wave a UV lamp over it, and it will be evident.

Using his OWN scans we can clearly see the fakery below. This is done in the free Google PICASA software - a child can see through his clumsy amateur hour faking.

These are totally unretouched - it is simply PICASA settings seeing his fakery from his own scans.

starling

Post by starling »

The stamp offered as a 'die II' doesn't appear to have any of the characteristics of one of the twenty die II clichés according to the plating book Plating The KGV 1d Die 2 by Wajer & Monk.

However, it does appear to be able to be plated from the unevenness in the bottom frame, especially under the NN of PENNY.

As far as I can tell, it looks to correspond to pane 5 position 18.

Here is the description from the BSAP's plating book:

And also the pictures from the book The Surface Printed KGV 1d Sideface Issue Variety Catalogue by Monk:

All of the die IIs come from pane 2 and not pane 5 :?

The picture evidence presented by Glen was pretty damning anyway :!:

Scott
Please visit my on-line store - http://www.scottstarling.com.au
-

PeterS

Post by PeterS »

He needs help, medical help. Perhaps Long Bay has a mental health support programme?

He is reduced to faking a cheap stamp that fools nobody. A stamp that is one of the most studied on the planet. Pathetic! What an idiot.
Peter
Hawthorn - AFL Premiers 1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015

sarge

Post by sarge »

Many thanks to THE SHERIFF for without his expertise and the way he presented them to you, you now know they are fakes.

I am old but I am not dumb even though I am to blunt for most people. I would never bring any thing to your attention unless I was sure I was not wasting your time.

Thanks again to the Sheriff. ....sarge

BruceK
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by BruceK »

fromdownunder wrote:stamps_fishing has now loaded up a heap of complete tat on eBay, mostly OS perf stamps on piece..
And most of the OS perf on piece are also forgeries.
The stamps have been removed, OS added and re-attached.

Hard to spot on the low resolution scans however this one is obvious:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-1-2d-Indigo-3rd-wmk-perf-OS-on-piece-used-/230773436719

Half the 'U' of Australia is missing and the date line does not match up.

sarge

Post by sarge »

There is nothing like telling a bloke he is famous to bring out the best in him

Dear toc001au,

All those idiot on stampboards are not experts but IDIOTS!!! And that makes you one for believing them so run along little man and find a new toy to play with!!

- stamps_fishing

Click "respond" to reply through eBay Messages, or go to your email to reply
Respond

Subject: Re: toc001au has sent a message
Sent Date: 10-Apr-12 09:57:03 AEST

Dear stamps_fishing,

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=34934&p=2705018#p2705018

Go and have alook fool and see for your self. your almost famous

- sarge

PeterS

Post by PeterS »

sarge, it is quite obvious he already is an avid reader of this thread. :lol:
Peter

sarge

Post by sarge »

In that case go to Glen and I will get in touch also...........sarge

woodster

Post by woodster »

I think he spilled the beans (inadvertantly) with the interaction he had with Sarge in terms of what his modis operandi may be and he was merely dipping his toe in the water.

I suspect his ultimate objective is probably to fake the die 2 1d Greens
and he was using the reds as a test study.

I must admit that I have never 'rubbed' or soaked 1d greens (or reds for that matter) to test the validity of the spur and a simple visual check is all I do.

Krikey, you could pick up 100 used 1d greens for a few dollars and with the
die 2 catalogued at $100 used, it sure beats trying to fool people with fake OS.

This post however will make us wiser and more vigilant.

phyvillo

Post by phyvillo »

Thanks for your help, I was considering bidding on the suspect dieII OS. But now will not and have not nor will bid on this sellers items.

Cheers to all
Collecting Australian Pre-Decimal and Australian States

PeterS

Post by PeterS »

By the way, I should mention that stamps_fishing thinks we are all gay here on Stampboards. This was an email I received, in response to a query on where my stamps were.

I only allowed your bid so I can find out who you are peterS and your negative feedback will not stop my sales as no one cares about feedback anyway. Tell that to all your gay friends on the chat site you go on, hahaha loser!!

- stamps_fishing
Peter

Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

It's funny but this guy, "stamps fishing" (stamps_fishing, let google index both), after reading enough of his odd ravings in email replies, is starting to sound like someone else I know about who also deals in dodgy ebay sales items from time to time. :?: :shock:

I guess they have both read the book on "Don't worry about selling stuff honestly, there are allways more gullible people who will buy it anyway".

All this work for a bit of pocket money.

It doesn't matter what oddball comments and judgments on our expertise he throws our way - we are not the ones selling outright fakes, doctoring up "on piece" items and the like.

It's just a shame that ebay doesn't seem to have the shutzpah to act more quickly on the seller themselves and not just removing their dodgy listings, but ban the sharlatans.

Also a shame that using the consumer laws that ebay reminds everyone about on all their pages, that the ACCC can't just tell ebay to ban them first and let them prove their stuff is not forged. There's plenty of evidence.

Funny how he now resorts to name calling, gender bashing, etc and not once has ever shown any reasoning or proof that his stuff is not faked. "You say my stuff is faked and I'll call you gay"? Great logic, convinced me it's all real! :roll:

But the greatest shame is that it doesn't catch seasoned collectors who know what they are looking at, it catches collectors who are looking to spend a bit of hard earned, build a collection cheaply if they can - only to find out it's all fake, give up and never collect again. :evil:
Greg - Looking for Goulburn Australia Cancels and Grangemouth Scotland Cancels and Covers
Member of the S.T.A.M.P Club for Slightly Twisted And Mad Philatelists - Motto: "Bring back the lick!"

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Old Magoo you've done it again.

stamps_fishing has just listed an Australian collection, which at first glance looks O.K., (other than the usual suspect OS Kingsford Smiths) but it is attention to detail that lets him down again.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/230775135075

Below is his description for the lot and take note of which stamps are perfed T.

Pay particular attention to the scan below which is part of his lot, and tell me what is wrong.

PeterS

Post by PeterS »

Not quite sure how a Tasmanian Government use stamp (T perfin) came to be cancelled in Melbourne (looks like Spencer Street on the £2)? At least that is what it looks like from that godawful scan!
Peter

jaywalker
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by jaywalker »

stamps_fishing said:
There is a lot of fine sets with very little faults
A small tone spot here, a missing perf there?

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Yep, There are no Tasmanian towns beginning with SPE. From experience, that is the Late Fee Spencer Street (Melbourne) cancel. Just how did a perf T stamp of such a high value come to be used in Melbourne?

In fact has a £2 Kangaroo been recorded as existing perforated T. Perhaps some of the Tassy experts could fill us in.

Due to him selling non existant perf T's in the past, I have my doubts.

See this thread on the Tasmanian Philatelic Societies site: http://www.tps.org.au/bb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=782

The 10 shilling has me worried as well, especially as to condition. Note the Telegraph cancel. By rights it should have a telegraph punch hole. If it does have a repaired hole he should at least mention it.

But how did a perf T stamp come to be used on a telegram?

jrg

Post by jrg »

As per Anderson (2nd edition):

Roos 1st wm - perf T unknown on denominations above 5/-
2nd wm - ditto
3rd wm - unknown on £2
small multi - unknown above 2/-
CofA - unknown above 10/-
John

Looking for used pre-decimal OS/NSW and G/NSW state perfins, and NWPI KGV overprints.

Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

Why would anyone then add a perfin to a £2 Roo?
Greg - Looking for Goulburn Australia Cancels and Grangemouth Scotland Cancels and Covers
Member of the S.T.A.M.P Club for Slightly Twisted And Mad Philatelists - Motto: "Bring back the lick!"

jrg

Post by jrg »

Probably because he hasn't read/is unaware of the catalogue.

Or he thinks some bunnies will bid it up because they think they are buying a previously unknown variety?

Or he assumes bunnies don't read Anderson?

All of the above?
John

Looking for used pre-decimal OS/NSW and G/NSW state perfins, and NWPI KGV overprints.

alex_c_y1977
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by alex_c_y1977 »

PeterS wrote:By the way, I should mention that stamps_fishing thinks we are all gay here on Stampboards. This was an email I received, in response to a query on where my stamps were.

I only allowed your bid so I can find out who you are peterS and your negative feedback will not stop my sales as no one cares about feedback anyway. Tell that to all your gay friends on the chat site you go on, hahaha loser!!

- stamps_fishing
I just can't help myself here but I think the guy should change his ebay name from "stamp fishing" to "stamp fisting" :lol: :lol: :lol:

(I hope the above comment is not deemed to be too inappropriate!)

And the thread from the Tasmanian Philatelic Societies site is most interesting:

https://www.tps.org.au/bb/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=782

In particular, the thread above from the Tasmanian Philatelic Societies has the following scan, which I noted that the name of this stamp fishing/fisting guy is George - ring any bells? Is he the same guy as geroge0mighty reported a few year back?
Cheers
Alex

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

He just keeps on giving.

I thought I had seen these two stamps before which are part of a larger lot he currently has listed. Isn't he fortunate to have such a large group of MNH/MLH States stamps he can afford to let go for $19.99.

But which stamps are MNH and which are MLH? How can anyone make a serious bid on that lot?

Item: 330717453095

I did say I thought I had seen them before. I was right. He sold them in early March for a paltry sum. Even the bunnies stayed away from these.

Do I smell a Shill Bidder?

Item: 230755648813

Item: 330696136104

traralgon3844

Re: Something Fishy with "stamps_fishing" on eBay!

Post by traralgon3844 »

traralgon3844 wrote:
traralgon3844 wrote:The entry from snaws is worth posting here in full. I just took out the link to this thread.
snaws wrote:Browsing Ebay tonight I noticed this item from the thief stamps_fishing.

Oh Dear!!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/W-A-1902-2-Red-Yellow-perf-OS-Superb-MUH-/230752357833

This stamp was never Punctured OS. It is forged and not correct anyway.

Hopefully anyone reading this will not bid on anything this maggot is selling.

Be Warned stamps_fishing is a thief.
PS: Tell us what you really think. :lol:
I have just emailed the buyer of this forgery and directed him towards this thread. He may still be in time to make a claim for a refund.

It will be interesting to see if they join the board and comment and let eBay know what they think about eBay buyer protection. Because eBay don't protect buyers from this crook.

CMJ
Rescued a MILLION Stampboard Images
Rescued a MILLION  Stampboard Images

Post by CMJ »

The following stamps_fishing lot ended on 30 March 2012 with a final bid of AU$92.11 and an underbidder at AU$91.11

Item: 330707841995

item number: 330707841995
link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330707841995
seller: stamps_fishing

Nothing suspicious there and, of course, we don't know who the bidders were as the sales are private.

But does this lot, which "ended" about eight hours later, look familiar ?

item number: 230769711957
link: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/230769711957
seller: stamps_fishing

The second one is not a duplicate listing and does not show if you look at the completed items because it is a second chance offer sent to the underbidder very soon after the first one ended.

Now that smells, well, fishy !

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

He pulled the same trick on another lot the same day.

Shill it up and then offer it to a second chance sucker who takes the bait of the bargain purchase. Both in all likelihood are re-gums.

traralgon3844

Post by traralgon3844 »

Hey Peter, I've found your missing stamps!
PeterS wrote:Since it has been put into the public domain here, let me fill you in on the OS forgeries lot. I was the buyer (created an account call stampbuyer52).

I paid by PayPal, naturally, and paid for Registered mail, naturally. He did not reply to a number of emails and I put in a dispute with PayPal. This had the effect of him finally sending me a registered letter.

Instead of the forged OS stamps all it contained was a single sheet of paper, this:

His threats are like water off a duck's back to me. However, he cannot be allowed to act in such a fashion and I have made full reports to the appropriate authorities.

By his feedback it seems he is going to claim the stamps were sent and I stole them. Well, I have his original letter (including the envelope), so I guess we will see. I wonder if he wore gloves when he handled the letter and/or envelope? Of course, I won't have the letter long, it is required for evidence and forensic testing.
For those of you reading this who haven't read the whole thread, Peter was the winning bidder on the lot illustrated below that was offered for sale by stamps_fishing. The lot contained at least two confirmed forged OS perfins.

As you can see, all Peter received for his $51 was a veiled threat.

Item: 230759127022

Spot the originals of a couple of those stamps.

I have no doubt stamps_fishing would have claimed he had sent the stamps via that registered letter and that crafty Peter fellow was trying to defraud him by claiming he had never received the stamps.

If that is the case, why are they included in a current lot offered by stamps_fishing.

stamps_fishings current listing.

Item number: 230778932924

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Group-56-x-Australian-Kangaroos-5-Inc-some-OS-used-/230778932924

Apparently this sort of conduct is acceptable at eBay.

PeterS

Post by PeterS »

Funnily enough, I had to make a police report to get my money back from this piece of pond scum. He claimed to PayPal that he had sent the stamps and that I had stolen them.

Luckily, he isn't too bright. I will notify the authorities that the missing stamps have turned up and let them take it from there. I do hope he provided a Statutory Declaration, as I did, because that opens him to a charge of perjury to go along with forgery and making threats.
Peter

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

What an idiot.

The Pizza Delivery career just may be too complex for him to cope with, now I think on it.

This dope would drive to the wrong houses, he is so thick. :lol: :lol:

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”