eBay and Other On-Line Dreamers - A Photo Lot Compendium

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Ubobo.R.O.
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: eBay and Other On-Line Dreamers - A Photo Lot Compendium

Post by Ubobo.R.O. »

I see he is also selling an office shredder. Problem solved.
Full time horse non-whisperer, post box searcher and lichen covered granite rock percher. Gee I'm handsome !
You gottem birds, butterflies, shells, maps, flags and heads on stamps ? Me wantem !

fromdownunder
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by fromdownunder »

See my post above about this lot as well, which is less value than a normal Stampboards giveaway and stupidly described as both "rare" and a "collection. These words don't mean what au_supps thinks they mean. If he thinks at all. (There are actually about 9 stamps and a Miniature Sheet, worth perhaps $5.00 the lot with a gale force wind behind them. Life is too short to scan more than the first page.

Price: BIN AU $5,990.00

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rare-collection-of-stamps-Austra ... SwN4Fd3gq9

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Now this one is kinda special, on sale from some clown who calls himself goldrushmarket and proudly proclaims "ALL I WANT IS A MILLION DOLLARS AND A PAIR OF NEW SHOES...I AM A MIRACLE!!!.. SOME OF MY ITEMS ARE POWER DESTINY S.. WHAT DO YOU WANT??? I WANT TO SELL THIS STORE AND RETURN TO NATIVE EUROPE... "

Good luck, but this so called attempted sale will certainly not help you on your way, because it is overpriced by a huge order of magnitude. Price is bid AU $15,888.00 and BIN AU $55,350.00.

The description is mind boggling for what seems to be mostly pretty common German stuff. I say "seems to be" because, well, look at the scans... how can you really tell? (not all scanned - just 5 at random)
pre world war one onwards stamp collection

total of 1107 stamps bid starting at $10ea total price starting at $50 each ...

(10 cents each would be closer to accurate) I think that dream of a million dollars is a long, long, long way away if he is trying to get it like this.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/pre-world-war-one-onwards-stamp- ... SwRqldw~c0

Norm

norvic

Post by norvic »

Member show a lot of listings here from apparent bunnies or wannabee millionaires who know nothing about stamps. This is different. Here's a seller (Aztec-collectables) with nearly 12,000 feedback in collectables who has some fancy ideas about pricing - and overegged descriptions:

1945 Liverpool England OHMS On His Majesty Service Window Official Cover

ImageImage
Up for auction is a beautiful on his majestys services window cover form Liverpool england . In excellent condition. Priced to sell. Nice postal history cover. Postmarked may 18, 1945. Great stamps marks & cancels . Private mail . Stampless
What part of the description can we agree with? Oh yes, the date!

They were thrown away in their millions, but scarce it isn't. If you could get more than £1 for it at a UK fair you'd be overcharging.

He's got a Post-war German multi-stamped cover "1948 Heiligenstadt East Germany DDR Cover to USA Revalued Mark" at US$580! Can't be right surely - gavin-h and others could tell us.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

This is pretty sad.

chafe99 has ten incredibly common Spanish stamps on two album pages for sale at US$1,000, BIN $1,500

Leaving aside that the stamps are totally worthless, I delved a bit deeper. Here is the description:
Lot of 10 Rare Stamps from Spain - King Alfonso XIII - Amazing Condition!!!

Hi,

Up for sale is a lot of 10 rare and early stamps from Spain, in pristine and amazing condition. The page was removed from the Modern Postage Stamp Album dated 1938. The stamps are hinged to the page as pictured. I'm not an expert or collector, and have tried to describe the stamps as best as possible. All stamps are authentic, unadulterated and original as found and removed from the album.

Please see all pictures for details and condition of these rare stamps and ask any and all questions before placing your bid. I'll be happy to provide additional detailed pictured if requested. Confirmation signature required upon delivery. I appreciate my buyers choosing to do business with me and strive to provide top notch service. Bid with total confidence.

Thanks
Seller has about six of these pages of different countries on offer, all at silly prices, and totally destroyed an 80 year old album to do this. The album would have undoubtedly been far more valuable than the sad little lot of stamps it contained.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Lot-of-10-Rare-Stamps-from-Spain ... SwlThd4vgj

All the listings.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/Stamps/260/m.html?item=293355809 ... sn=chafe99

Norm

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

That wonder invention of the '70's, the "stick it in and watch it disintegrate" Photo Album, beloved by a few stamp collectors who were too stupid to know what to do with a hat. Fortunately the stuff in this stuff was worthless then and still has less value than road kill. But it's always good for a laugh.

quovadiprovin-0 wants US$900 for this lot of "vintage" pretty pictures gone bad.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Vintage-stamps-including-others/ ... SwdOxdmPN0

Norm

ebay
I was online for Post Number 6 MILLION!

Post by ebay »

Not so much a dreamer but listed as MINT !!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Straits-Settlements-1867-Mint-Mou ... 1431.l2649

NB: Feel bad now as i have noticed he has mentioned the "letters" later in the auction

"My attention has been drawn to the fact that there are very faint letters on the face of the stamp,which i had previously missed.The stamp has original gum,so i am a little confused."
My mission: To get one decent example of every single Queen Victoria stamp. ( minus a few impossible to get. )

Ghost07
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by Ghost07 »

Anyone want to invest in this beauty with me? Just a mere £650,000 for this bargain ... with free postage though. Simply described as "India Stamp" and apparently on offer as seller adds "quick sale due to moving". Clearly this wee stamp would be too difficult to transport to the seller's new house! Maybe it's the weight of the seller expectations which makes it so heavy! :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/India-Stamp/163972357582?hash=item262d839dce:g:bCwAAOSwJj9cp2zD

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Ghost07 wrote:Anyone want to invest in this beauty with me? Just a mere £650,000 for this bargain ... with free postage though. Simply described as "India Stamp" and apparently on offer as seller adds "quick sale due to moving". Clearly this wee stamp would be too difficult to transport to the seller's new house! Maybe it's the weight of the seller expectations which makes it so heavy! :D

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/India-Stamp/163972357582?hash=item262d839dce:g:bCwAAOSwJj9cp2zD
The seller of this item, film-shelf-dvd was first mentioned on this thread on April 6 2019 offering a common but damaged Australian KGV 1d Red stamp for £65,000.

His reason for the sale?

You got it in one. "Quick sale due to moving" So he has been moving for at least eight months. Practicing to be a snail when he grows up?

Norm

Joy Daschaudhuri
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by Joy Daschaudhuri »

ebay wrote: Not so much a dreamer but listed as MINT !!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Straits-Settlements-1867-Mint-Mou ... 1431.l2649

NB: Feel bad now as i have noticed he has mentioned the "letters" later in the auction

"My attention has been drawn to the fact that there are very faint letters on the face of the stamp,which i had previously missed.The stamp has original gum,so i am a little confused."
It is indeed mint but with blue triple-elliptical preventive mark/company chop of Schmidt, Küstermann and Company, Pinang, impressed on this stamp before use, most likely as part of stamping the entire sheet, to deter lifting of the stamp, when later used on bulk business mail and the subsequent reusing/reselling by the massively underpaid company staffs.

Company chops are very common on pre-1905 Br. India and Straits Settlements stamps but the presence of chops often decreases the value of the stamps.

The seller is a she and she is naïve about Indian and early SS stamps. So her shop is a fertile place (pun not intended) for good bargains on Indian and SS stamps. I like this type of sellers. :D

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

norvic wrote:Member show a lot of listings here from apparent bunnies or wannabee millionaires who know nothing about stamps. This is different. Here's a seller (Aztec-collectables) with nearly 12,000 feedback in collectables who has some fancy ideas about pricing - and overegged descriptions:

ImageImage
Up for auction is a beautiful on his majestys services window cover form Liverpool england . In excellent condition. Priced to sell. Nice postal history cover. Postmarked may 18, 1945. Great stamps marks & cancels . Private mail . Stampless

They were thrown away in their millions, but scarce it isn't. If you could get more than £1 for it at a UK fair you'd be overcharging.

He's got a Post-war German multi-stamped cover "1948 Heiligenstadt East Germany DDR Cover to USA Revalued Mark" at US$580! Can't be right surely - gavin-h and others could tell us.

Aztec-collectables are a shocker, are habitual offenders and have been for decades. Everything over-priced by a factor of 10. :twisted:

I think they know this, and hope that they make 1 bunny sale per week. :lol:

Rod Perry

Post by Rod Perry »

norvic wrote:Member show a lot of listings here from apparent bunnies or wannabee millionaires who know nothing about stamps. This is different. Here's a seller (Aztec-collectables) with nearly 12,000 feedback in collectables who has some fancy ideas about pricing - and overegged descriptions:

ImageImage

He/She has covers from time to time I would like to own, but it's as if the kids/grandkids are let loose on the eBay keyboards, to play merry hell.

Recently, every cover offered was US$500, irrespective of real value (usually a few tens of dollars at best).

The 12000 feedbacks is a mystery? Perhaps the formula works!!

Rod
Preserve DNA - retain covers intact. Scientists may be grateful!
Commercial covers represent “Stamps in Action”: Philately’s last Great Frontier

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

This seller, greel-72 must have x-ray eyes.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Tonga-1942-49-George-VI-d-with-A ... SwTpldzp9Y
Tonga 1942-49 George VI ½d with 'A' of 'CA' Missing from watermark mint .Hindged
The stamp is hinged into an album, and no scan of the back showing the supposed missing part of the watermark is shown. But he still wants GBP 299.99 for it. Trust him, it's eBay, and obviously he knows what he is talking about, except that he doesn't, because he also has this brilliantly described Malta stamp for only GBP 99.99.

MALTA GRAND HARBOUR STAMP WITH SELF GOVENMENT 1947 ON IT . RARE . HINGED .mint
Except that it's not rare, and it's not even worth 9 cents.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MALTA-GRAND-HARBOUR-STAMP-WITH-S ... Sw7PNd0-yq

Norm

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

Rod Perry wrote:The 12000 feedbacks is a mystery? Perhaps the formula works!!
Regarding Aztec Collectables, there is a certain method in this madness. :roll: :lol:

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

I don't know where this comes from, so I'll guess:
France Stamps.exstremly rare

$AUD 1,000.

... well

One stamp(s), lousy spelling, poor scan, wrong country wrong price (it's worth maybe 20 cents). At least lewelto7placed it in the correct continent and probably more by good luck than anything else, such as actual knowledge which he is painfully lacking.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/France-Stamps/174133535231?hash= ... SwGLddvnML

Norm

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Some more classic listings from lewelto7. Let's leave aside that the stamps are essentially worth nothing, and offer evidence that he has not even got the brains to know what he listed:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Us-Stamps/174120270327?hash=item288a6079f7:g:vhMAAOSwSgFd5LnS

AU$2,000 for these two.

-----------------------------------------------------------

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Us-Stamps/174123204046?hash=item288a8d3dce:g:w3sAAOSwvMBd5LPS

AU$1000 for this one which is damaged enough to not even be on life support.

------------------------------------------------------------

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Rare-Us-Stamps/174118935754?hash ... SwD6VdxIO0

The same three stamps as above, and AUD$500 for all three..

Norm

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

fromdownunder wrote:It would be a bit of a stretch to call this one a collection (three stamps - really?), and more of a stretch to attempt to call it "rare stamps - they are not -and ask US$1,250 for five cents worth of damaged junk.

But go for it farmboycoins

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turkey-Stamps-Collection-Rare-St ... Sw5G9d3Z5l
farmboycoins has doubled down on his original stupid Turkey listing by adding the following remarkably dumb and incorrect information to his description.
One Stamp is a Thrace Tekirdag very rare Rodosto Saraclarbasi Hexagonal Cancalled cover ;Shipped with USPS First Class Package.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Turkey-Stamps-Collection-Rare-St ... Sw5G9d3Z5l

Listen, a "cover" is (usually) an envelope with one or more cancellations and can be with or without stamps. (Dumbed down version so even farmboycoins might be able to understand it)

It is not a single stamp stuck on an old album page. It is never a single stamp stuck on an old album page, except in the dreams of some clown trying to turn a 5 cent stamp into money. You might be able to google, but are completely incapable of understanding what you apparently read. Can you read?

I will type this very slowly. This is a cover:

Norm

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

robertosierra (0 feedback) wants EUR 700.00 and EUR 50.00 postage for this strip of Great Britain Diana stamps as his only item.

Why do I get a feeling that his feedback will stay on zero for a while longer?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sellos-Princesa-Diana/1932684167 ... SwTqtd9o~Q

Norm

pertinax
Author - 'Best Thread Of All Time' as voted by our members
Author - 'Best Thread Of All Time' as voted by our members

Post by pertinax »

norvic wrote:

ImageImage

SFA

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The Aussies will get this.

The Poms will probably get FA - in Australia we often put 'sweet' before it, so SFA.

8)

All others will have no idea what I'm on about!

:D

Scott
vincit omnia pertinax virtus

MrSamoa
Our Stampboards **MILLIONAIRE!**
Our Stampboards **MILLIONAIRE!**

Post by MrSamoa »

You are correct....I have no idea what this is all about
Fellowship of Samoa Specialists is not just for specialists: http://www.samoaexpress.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Marty

Ubobo.R.O.

Post by Ubobo.R.O. »

First word SWEET
Second word. The famous four letter f word.
Third word ALL.
Means it is worth nothing.
Full time horse non-whisperer, post box searcher and lichen covered granite rock percher. Gee I'm handsome !
You gottem birds, butterflies, shells, maps, flags and heads on stamps ? Me wantem !

Princestamps

Post by Princestamps »

fromdownunder wrote:robertosierra (0 feedback) wants EUR 700.00 and EUR 50.00 postage for this strip of Great Britain Diana stamps as his only item.

Why do I get a feeling that his feedback will stay on zero for a while longer?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Sellos-Princesa-Diana/1932684167 ... SwTqtd9o~Q

Norm

Amazed the Diama fad is still going over 20 years since her death. Next will be one of those Togolese dress sheets that were hawked through mail order for $40 each back in 1998 ancd are worth like $1 on a good day.

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

From alottapastrami , for only US $1,300.00 or for those who can't wait, BIN US $4,000.00

Header: Washington Two Cent Red Postage Stamp

Description: Red One Cent Washington Postage.

The conflict in the description is, of course, because the stamp is a partial bisect. But the box might be worth something.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Washington-Two-Cent-Red-Postage- ... Sw5K5eC~~F

Norm

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

Princestamps wrote:Amazed the Diama fad is still going over 20 years since her death.
Honestly, I have no problem with people buying Diana stamps. I helps get non-collectors interested in philately.

Although I agree that EUR700 is highly excessive. :lol:

Princestamps

Post by Princestamps »

MJ's pet wrote:
Princestamps wrote:Amazed the Diama fad is still going over 20 years since her death.
Honestly, I have no problem with people buying Diana stamps. I helps get non-collectors interested in philately.

Totally, if they are cheap enough like $2 for a handful of Diana stamps - yes they are worth it, but when its 700 euros for common tatt in poor condition that is different, and deludes non collectors who think Diana (And any other celebrity based stamps) are rare and worth those prices.

The strip in a Welsh presentation pack is worth some money, I have 2 I got for a song, so my guess is even that is some Catalogue publishers puff on a issue.

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

MJ's pet wrote:

I suspect that the true effect is the opposite of what you are suggesting. There were so many people who purchased Diana stuff from the Post Office , because it was the flavour of the month, and they were essentially buying souvenirs or "investments" and they were not really interested in stamps at all. And still aren't.

Which is why Diana, and effectively all royal event stuff from the '50's on, which all sold in large quantities, is discount postage where still valid, and not much at all if it is no longer valid.

Norm

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Honestly, I don't see it... It should not be possible to be so wrong in so many places in misdescribing two stamps. But, golly, gee whiz, seller bdesilvadesigns managed it and went where no man has gone before. US $660.00 is the crowning glory. Zero is the real value.
1927 South Africa Scott 97 1p carmine & black Overprinted Specimen Stamp Pair

1927 South Africa Scott 97 1p carmine & black Overprinted Specimen Stamp Pair
SG SB6
South West Africa
Scott 97
carmine & black
Overprint
type R

Seller Notes: “Mint Condition Original Gumming on back sides Light Cancellation marks Centers”

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1927-South-Africa-Scott-97-1p-ca ... SwcqFeDtoz

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

At least this is not described as Grandpa's old collection found in a combination lock safe, in an attic, which had a sign on the door "beware of the leopard" But it was described as "Antique Worldwide Used Mix Country Air mail revenue stamps Book Collectible", and had an appropriately stupid price of BIN US$489.50.

Antiques apparently aren't as old as they used to be.

You can make an offer but 5 cents strikes me as excessive, even allowing for free postage. And I suspect thatvintageart2013 would not like a serious suggestion as to where it really belongs.

An few images - it dies not get any better than the ones I showed:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Antique-Worldwide-Used-Mix-Count ... Swf2ZeDutj

Norm

The Pom
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by The Pom »

fromdownunder wrote:
An few images - it dies not get any better than the ones I showed:

Norm
A fortuitous typo. They certainly look like they've died....
Always on the lookout for Australian pre decimal First Day Covers.

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

It must be baby season. We have, in the entertainment industry, a Baby Groot and a Baby Yoda, and with the above listing and this one, eBay sellers have joined in with baby stamp albums.

Three images to give you the "flavour" of what this uuummm... album(?) is all about.

Seller: safehhh

Description:
50 Years Old Stamps Album

As is 50 Years Old Stamps Album with more than 50 stamps world wide collected
Wow! 50 stamps. What an effort. Obviously the seller had a life long dedication to our hobby to accumulate over 50 very common stamps worth maybe 50 cents, and well and truly not worth the asking price of AU$5,000

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/50-Years-Old-Stamps-Album/193285 ... SwADReEB5p

Norm

ebay

Post by ebay »

I'm hoping this one hasn't been posted here before, If it has then sorry but for
EUR 10,000,000.00
Approximately £8,541,810.11

This is overpriced by a good million :lol:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collection-de-timbre-s-ancien-reg ... Sw6vBd~X~n
My mission: To get one decent example of every single Queen Victoria stamp. ( minus a few impossible to get. )

The Pom

Post by The Pom »

The "seller" of the above lot is xfiles17.

Their description:

"Collection regroupant plusieurs pays. Au moins 2000 timbres ancien 4 livre 1700 a 1900 an".

Translation:

"Collection of several countries. At least 2000 old stamps 4 books 1700 to 1900 year."

Would love to see the stamps from the 1700's....
Always on the lookout for Australian pre decimal First Day Covers.

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

I suspect that the true effect is the opposite of what you are suggesting. There were so many people who purchased Diana stuff from the Post Office , because it was the flavour of the month, and they were essentially buying souvenirs or "investments"
Norm, I don't think so.

The people that buy Diana material buy it as souvenirs, not to invest. When it turns out it has not gone up in value, the disappointment factor isn't there. Generally speaking that is.

There are exceptions of course, such as those Welsh packs that various *dealers* hyped up.

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Roll up
Roll up for the mystery stamp
Roll up
Roll up for the mystery stamp
The Magical Mystery stamp is taking your money away
Taking your money away, takes it away...

ivkholia_0 wants PLN55,000 (approx AUD $20.000) for his mystery stamp. Which one is it? Only the shadow knows.
Znaczki ze Stanów kolekcione jeden znaczek oceniony w 85 000 dolarów w 2017r. Wysyłka poprzez Przesyłka krajowa – zwykła.
Google translate:
Stamps from the United States collected one stamp valued at $ 85,000 in 2017. Shipping via Domestic Shipment - Normal.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Znaczki-ze-Stanow-kolekcione-jed ... SwpXBeGRyZ

Is it one of these?

OK, not even The Shadow knows. But I do :D It's none of the above. There is no $85,000 stamp there. There is no THERE there.

Norm

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

What a shame that this "Stamp - Queen Elizabeth II Stamp 1p used collectable" is damaged:

AU $1,000.00 (But postage is freeeeeee)

"Doofus Seller": par_1j0qvq3

Reality Check: Real value 5 cents................per hundred for undamaged.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/queen-elizabeth-ii-Stamp-1p/1640 ... SwcB1eH-Tk

Norm

erich

Post by erich »

Once upon a time, eBay based its insertion fees on the starting bid, so offering something like these ridiculous $100-$1,000,000 starting bid lots that will never sell would cost the lister enough to maybe give them pause.

Now listings for stamps are a flat 0.35, and everyone gets 50 or more insertion-fee-free listings per month. eBay makes its most of its $$$ on final value fees, not listing fees. So you get these silly listings because other than the time it takes, there is no cost or other disincentive to stop people.

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Agreed for the most part. I once started a thread suggesting an up front fee based on asking price and was howled down by everybody who responded. For genuine sellers in a niche market, as stamps are, it would be a cost that would be bad for the many genuine sellers out there working on small margins, and potentially destroy the market for hobby sellers and buyers.

It would certainly get rid of the dreamers, such as the EU10,000.000 seller shown above, but it would also cause this thread to stop dead in it's tracks. And that would make me sad.

Norm

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

fromdownunder wrote:What a shame that this "Stamp - Queen Elizabeth II Stamp 1p used collectable" is damaged:

AU $1,000.00 (But postage is freeeeeee)

"Doofus Seller": par_1j0qvq3

Reality Check: Real value 5 cents................per hundred for undamaged.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/queen-elizabeth-ii-Stamp-1p/1640 ... SwcB1eH-Tk

Norm
Very Nice colour though Norm .. be fair.
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Oh, my. A new clown in town, aanel-71 (anal?) who wants
US $337.00 for this five cent packet fodder stamp.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/The-Worlds-Rarest-Stamp-Guyana-S ... SwtqNeIKZj

Not satisfied with looking totally dumb once, he has more stupid on offer, at stupid prices, and may be a source of more future fun:

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/aanel-71/m.html?item=28374626229 ... 7675.l2562

Norm

Ubobo.R.O.

Post by Ubobo.R.O. »

I particularly like this one Norm.
Certification ? Yes the seller definitely should be certified.

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

I enjoy looking at "collections" lovingly laid out on the carpet and photographed. You just know what the quality of such material is likely to be, how much time and effort has been happily wasted by the vendor, and upfront just know the price, and description will be laughingly stupid. For example...

A small handful of completely worthless packet material, and yours for only US$5,000, or BIN US$9,800 and horribly described by mikmha9fdtf as:
Early large lot of United States stamps good condition estate Large US stamp collection from 1 cent , 120 stamps total
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Early-large-lot-of-United-States ... Swh~peI0gG

Norm

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

fromdownunder wrote:
fromdownunder wrote:...and now for something completely different...

What in the world could you ever do with 50,000 Australian common one cent decimal stamps, offered for over 10 cents each? One cent each would be excessive for things that are utterly useless bits of paper.

gho5trobert is asking AU$5,800 for a big slab of full sheets (total 50,000 stamps, face value $500) for stamps where a market for this sort of stuff simply does not exist any more . He will look at best offers, but I seriously cannot imagine offering anything for these. Not even good for postage. Best used as BBQ starter or maybe for insulation.

Seller suggests that "Unlikely this item will ever appear again 50,000 unused". Why am I not surprised?

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1979-Australian-Birds-1c-Zebra-F ... ctupt=true

Norm
This started, as per the post above at $5,800, was offered again at $4,900, then a couple of times at $2,400, and is back again, now at $2,100. I still suggest a realistic price is around $250, or half face, well, maybe, because apart from using them as wallpaper in a dedicated stamp den, what are they actually good for? Never be offered again?

Well, he removed that from his listing, and I suspect that they will continue to be offered but go unloved and unsold until the Universe dies it's inevitable heat death a few hundred billion years from now, unless they are offered at a realistic price.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/1979-Australian-Birds-1c-Zebra-F ... Sw5BpdFxq-

Norm
Sorry, I can't resist relisting this as it is now at $1,750 (originally $5,800 eight months ago, and at the time "probably never to be offered again") and, well indulge me and let me shout a bit, as it is still being offered and still at a horribly high price. IT STILL WON'T SELL.

I suppose the seller could hope for another Ampol stamp giveaway.

Norm

Edited to Add 31/1/20. Now $1,490.00.

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

So much wrongness here from bung312 who wants AU$550 for this:

First a history lesson. These things were available and sold in fairly large quantities from all Post Office Philatelic Counters at face value in 1963 onwards. They were from uncut booklet sheets. Here are mine, which cost me about $5.00 for the pair from memory. People bought them in entire sheets and in all sorts of combinations!

Australia 1963 Queen - Error

Australia 1963 Queen - Error.

This has come out of a 80 year collection that was left to me

See picture

Please note the price on it is what it WAS worth back when purchased in the 70’s by my grandfather
So, it's not an error, that is the way they were printed and sold in one of the then Postmaster General's department to milk collectors. They were printed to be cut into panes for booklets.

It is not even worth the $18.00 it was priced at in the 1970's any more. The asking price is classic dreamer stuff.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Australia-1963-Queen-Error/15380 ... SwYk5eHeb1

Norm

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

USA junk postage for sale - Forty 33 cent stamps from millerboy814:

Oh, wait... US $1,595.00

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Xtreme-Sports-Two-Sheets-Stamps-4 ... SwkcleIDqN

Norm

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

cachanillasales wants US $499.99 with dreams of getting money for his grandfathers collection which, if put next to ten decent collections actually worth that amount would accurately be described as the runt of the litter.
After 50 Years in My Grandfather Closet stamps worldwide collection lot album !! (50 years in the making!)

I sell (wrong - nobody will buy this).. After 50 Years in My Grandfather Closet stamps worldwide collection lot album over 500 stamps really hard to find !!. (No, for most of them I can look in my duplicates pile) One year ago one stamp in the álbum is valued in over 300 dls..(and I feed my roses with this sort of stuff) This is a final sale AS IS - no returns Shipped with USPS First Class Package. (This has been your final sale for months. I repeat, nobody will buy it) He gift to me for pay my master studies. (It's not worth the bus fare to the school) Thanks and I really appreaciate !(You're welcome)
Talk about California dreamin on such a winter's day

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/After-50-Years-in-My-Grandfather ... SwEj5d5ZAs

See you next week when you list it again.

Norm

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Choices...choices, so hard to choose.

Do I buy this?

Seller: 333murph1
Price: GBP 300.00
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/German-Stamp/184154547621?hash=item2ae07765a5:g:bEIAAOSwQjheIcrJ

Or this:

Seller: drkiefner
Price: 4,00 €
https://www.delcampe.net/fr/collections/timbres/allemagne/in ... 37241.html

Norm

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Sometimes people get a touched carry away, as illustrated by this offer from obel-40(0) (and doomed to stay on zero feedback).

1,800,000.00 PLN ($AUD694,000) for this mountainous eruption of gum:

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/One-Penny-Stampls/402048217988?h ... SwDIJeKYjA

...and many more here. I hope he has not started spending the money yet.

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/obel-40/m.html?item=402063054215 ... 7675.l2562

Norm

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

^ Maybe it is a Plate 77. People seem to be finding loads of them these days. :lol:

RobRoyH

Post by RobRoyH »

I am reading plate 188 but that is as much imagination as anything else given the image quality.
"You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace… before I dip the pen in the ink."
G. K. Chesterton

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Serial dreamer brabrandbrads strikes again. Talk about seeing a glass half full...
GREAT BRITAIN 1840s one penny STAMP 166 cancel IMPERORATE

1840s One penny Great Britain stamp cancel 166 orange red with QUEEN Money back guarantee Nice shape for 180 years or more of age
Well, not it's not "IMPERORATE" and it's not in "nice shape" at all. It has been ravaged by a murderous pair of scissors.

And it sure as hell is not worth the asking price - US $890.00

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/GREAT-BRITAIN-1840s-one-penny-ST ... SwB7FeNxaz

Norm

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”