greatbritainstamps.net - are they OK to buy from?

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

nasinclair
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

greatbritainstamps.net - are they OK to buy from?

Post by nasinclair »

Just checking that other people have had a good service from this website, I'm a bit worried as I ordered what is an expensive item to me on the 4th May 2020 on there and not heard anything.

Rang a couple of times and they said it's being sent out that week and hasn't been in the end. Don't want to lose my money is my concern.

Goodwin
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Re: greatbritainstamps.net - are they OK to buy from?

Post by Goodwin »

Mainly collecting GB, working back from QEII. Often side-tracked into Japan, GB-era Hong Kong definitives, Ceylon and Australia pre-decimal.

chaseynz

Post by chaseynz »

Possibly my worst-ever stamp experience was dealing with these people.

Long story short - I ordered a catalogue from them in December 2018, from memory it was about $NZ80, which they happily accepted, and acknowledge they had received, and said the catalogue would be on its way.

18 months later I still haven't received it.

No response to emails, nothing.

norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by norvic »

But in the interests of balance, read the original thread.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Thanks for the info folks.....mine is a Davo Luxe album which is quite expensive for me. Have put a PayPal claim in and will see if any response. Happy to receive album or have a refund. Would prefer the album to be honest

Rog
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by Rog »

I've bought a lot of things from them in the past and they've been okay. Of course we have the Coronavirus at the moment that may be causing delays in the chain.
My Stamp Blog : The Stamp Book

kenlondon

Post by kenlondon »

I saw an advert by them for bulk unbranded Hawid mounts on ebay.

I placed an order for around £100's worth and, though it took about a week to deliver (which I put down to Covid), they did arrive on the schedule stated at time of order, and postage was paid using commemoratives, so no grumbles here.

I did forget one of the sizes I needed, so they have another (smaller) order from me being processed as we speak...
Disclaimer: I am not an expert - I am here to learn, so if anything I say is wrong, please say so!

JonEboy
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!

Post by JonEboy »

To quote what is said on the original thread....
Again as a balance, I too have ordered quite a bit from Swan over the years and found them to be absolutely fine.

Jon
I stand by that. Two orders in the last two months from them, no problems at all.
nasinclair wrote: Have put a PayPal claim in and will see if any response.
Did you try calling before you did that? The number is on the home page 01803 323430. It may be, like the rest of us in the UK, the postal system is edging your album to you as I write this....

Jon
Barbados, Commonwealth, France & Colonies, GB, Line Engraved, Intaglio & Recess printed stamps
http://www.barbadosstamps.co.uk

Rog

Post by Rog »

Yep, I am experiencing delays in general too. I had a recent parcel take a week to get here, maybe a little more, when normally it would be around 3 days.

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Yeah, I've rang every week for three weeks, all three weeks he's said he's found the order and it's being despatched the next day then doesn't get despatched, and then ring the following week he says he's found the order again and it's being despatched the next day again. I'll ring again this week. I'd much rather the album than money back.

JonEboy :? wrote:To quote what is said on the original thread....
Again as a balance, I too have ordered quite a bit from Swan over the years and found them to be absolutely fine.

Jon
I stand by that. Two orders in the last two months from them, no problems at all.
nasinclair wrote: Have put a PayPal claim in and will see if any response.
Did you try calling before you did that? The number is on the home page 01803 323430. It may be, like the rest of us in the UK, the postal system is edging your album to you as I write this....

Jon

kenlondon

Post by kenlondon »

Putting myself in their shoes for a moment. What could be the reason for this delay? Could it be that the item has not yet been received by them from their supplier? Embarrassing situation for them if someone there has already said to you "yep, it's on it way to you."

It's surely unlikely that, at the time of placing your order, they've got the particular item you ordered in stock because of the sheer number of products the manufacturer makes, and every year it becomes obsolete until the new year's pages are included, so they are taking a risk in actually stocking it without a corresponding order associated with it.

If the manufacturer is struggling to get stuff out the door due to Covid then it will have a knock-on effect.

I'd be inclined to give them the chance to escape the corner they've been boxed into by asking "have you received delivery from your supplier yet?" in a diplomatic rather than sarcastic tone of voice, and see the reaction that comes back.
Last edited by Global Administrator on 20 May 2020 21:16, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added pars and spacing and “air” – always a superb idea on Bulletin Boards!
Disclaimer: I am not an expert - I am here to learn, so if anything I say is wrong, please say so!

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Thanks for the advice, I will do just that. Hopefully that's the problem, like you said it would have been easier if they had said that originally then I wouldn't be worrying.
kenlondon wrote:Putting myself in their shoes for a moment. What could be the reason for this delay? Could it be that the item has not yet been received by them from their supplier? Embarrassing situation for them if someone there has already said to you "yep, it's on it way to you."

It's surely unlikely that, at the time of placing your order, they've got the particular item you ordered in stock because of the sheer number of products the manufacturer makes, and every year it becomes obsolete until the new year's pages are included, so they are taking a risk in actually stocking it without a corresponding order associated with it.

If the manufacturer is struggling to get stuff out the door due to Covid then it will have a knock-on effect.

I'd be inclined to give them the chance to escape the corner they've been boxed into by asking "have you received delivery from your supplier yet?" in a diplomatic rather than sarcastic tone of voice, and see the reaction that comes back.

kenlondon

Post by kenlondon »

Fingers crossed for you!

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Looks like a positive result in the end......looking forward to having my Isle of Man stamps in a decent album

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Delighted to say it arrived today :)

Rog

Post by Rog »

Great 8)

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”