How many eBay violations can you see in this one item?

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

How many eBay violations can you see in this one item?

Post by norvic »

A friend drew my attention to eBay listing number 133428460239 for a booklet of 12 x 1st class modern British stamps at a discount of 17+%.

How many things can you see wrong with this listing, and on how many counts can you report the listing to eBay?

Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 13.44.02.png
Screen Shot 2020-06-17 at 13.44.12.png
Last edited by Global Administrator on 18 Jun 2020 00:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Expanded rather vague heading, and moved to correct Forum
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: How many eBay violations in one item?

Post by Global Administrator »

How hard is it, and how much common sense is it - to add a LINK as we always require -

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/12-x-1st-Class-Stamps-Visit-Quick ... 3428460239

AND to add the ebay name of this spiv before the listing is deleted so it stays google indexed for posterity - again just basic common sense - but I've wasted this much time due to this laziness, so why not a bit more. :roll: :roll:

ginjaninja1608
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

norvic

Re: How many eBay violations can you see in this one item?

Post by norvic »

There, and because I had reported it, I posted screenshots as required. Can't get it all right every time. I'll go back to my packing.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

norvic wrote:
18 Jun 2020 01:34
I posted screenshots as required.

Whooppee -- you added 30% of the required data correct. Common sense dictates the rest anyway -

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=11738
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

JohnB
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by JohnB »

Interesting. I thought eBay scanned for offsite links in an attempt to protect its income?

How did he get away with it?

Appears to write his own feedback too!

feedback.jpg

The Pom
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by The Pom »

Good question. My guess is they may just look for "www" in a post. Otherwise, url structures/content can be pretty random.
Always on the lookout for Australian pre decimal First Day Covers.

norvic

Post by norvic »

He's also set his shipping at £20 and asks people NOT to buy on eBay, but to go to his website where you get free post.

Oh, and by the way his stamps - if accurate to the image - are forgeries. They look to be the darker red than that which was was issued in 2012, and the year code (top row, left of the head) is MA12 which was only used on large letter stamps. On the smaller stamps it was M12L.

So that's three counts.

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”