Anyone had any problems buying stamps off Mark Bloxham in UK?

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Anyone had any problems buying stamps off Mark Bloxham in UK?

Post by Global Administrator »

revorgneil wrote:
21 Jun 2020 03:49

That data amongst another things needs to be protected from other parties accessing it or it being made available or disseminated to others, in either event it is considered a breach of the data protection legislation.

I really i am going now (you will all no doubt all be pleased to hear) I request termination of my account please

Well no personal data regarding you has been shared here, except by yourself. :lol: :lol:

Your ebay name is the exact same one as you use here, and as you confirmed above, it is simply your surname spelt backwards. It will however have been added to MANY "blocked bidder" lists I feel sure.

You chose your matching ebay and stampboards handle, and if you choose to select your own full name do not blame others for that laziness! We breach no regulations by posting the name YOU chose as your handle. :!:

If you choose to share your views of your ex-wife on a stamp board - nothing to do with us.

Admin
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

The Pom
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by The Pom »

revorgneil wrote:
21 Jun 2020 03:49

To clarify the position of personal data protection for Mr POM:

Under the UK GDPR regulations you are the data controller and responsible for the security and privacy of all user data that register on your site.

That data amongst another things needs to be protected from other parties accessing it or it being made available or disseminated to others, in either event it is considered a breach of the data protection legislation.

And to further clarify the situation for our esteemed former member, I am neither a data controller or data processor under GDPR regulations (trust me, as part of my job I know about these things).

The personal data to which I have access as a Board moderator is essentially non-existent.

Furthermore, the only information I sent to a Board member was information which is freely available on the internet as a result of this person's online activity - all I did was save them the trouble of doing a basic internet search.
Always on the lookout for Australian pre decimal First Day Covers.

doc
I was online for our Birthday Number 3!

Post by doc »

castores wrote:
19 Jun 2020 15:16
A very interesting read....

With no idea of the buyer or seller, I can't say either way. However, it is either misplaced or not, someone may well have removed it - we will never know.

I can add one thing to this thread, revorgneil may I suggest you type your replies into say 'Notepad' then go for a walk, chat with someone (about something good) and then come back and read what you have written.

If no edits are made then I can only think of one thing, your comment regarding your ex appears to be back-to-front.

And this immediately jumping to 'I'm going let the world know every way I can' may I suggest re-reading the above suggested help.

Very wise words. :)

60022Mallard
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by 60022Mallard »

Global Administrator wrote:
20 Jun 2020 00:12
60022Mallard wrote:
19 Jun 2020 23:50

I look forward earnestly to him putting forward his side of the story.

Yes there are generally two sides to any story ........................... :!:

As time passes the silence is .......... deafening?

stallzer
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by stallzer »

For what it’s worth I have purchased a couple of KGVI commonwealth items from Mark Bloxham and no complaint from me. He seems to have better stock than most on commonwealth items.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

60022Mallard

Post by 60022Mallard »

stallzer wrote:
26 Jun 2020 13:18
For what it’s worth I have purchased a couple of KGVI commonwealth items from Mark Bloxham and no complaint from me. He seems to have better stock than most on commonwealth items.

But how you handle those trades that go wrong says so much more about you?

When I have a problem and it is resolved promptly and amicably by the seller, they receive a positive eBay rating and a comment along the lines of "Problem resolved speedily and amicably. Thank you", which I hope would give confidence to other potential purchasers.

stallzer

Post by stallzer »

Haven’t had an issue with this seller so I’ve only left positive feedback.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

doc

Post by doc »

60022Mallard wrote:
22 Jun 2020 21:11
Global Administrator wrote:
20 Jun 2020 00:12
60022Mallard wrote:
19 Jun 2020 23:50

I look forward earnestly to him putting forward his side of the story.

Yes there are generally two sides to any story ........................... :!:
As time passes the silence is .......... deafening?

Seems like there was fault on both sides, and neither wants to admit it here now?
Thank for reading - doc

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”