FREE! 725 Canada stamps to first 3 members, 18 or under!

Seek exchange partners here. List what you broadly have to exchange, and what you'd ideally like in return. No charge - totally **FREE** for stampboards members to use to use. Or GIVE away your spares. Try it out today!

Moderators: Canada stamper, AMark, Volunteer Moderator Team

uncadonego
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by uncadonego »

As an incentive to young collectors, I want to offer 725 different Canadian stamps to the first three collectors under fifteen years old. And............GO! :shock:

First three repliers under fifteen (known to be young collectors by the forum members, and yes, I may check with them) gets the free gift. Postage costs are on me. :D

Jacob, I know I've already traded with you, and you are (I think.... ) thirteen. If you are one of the first three to reply, we'll come up with a different offer for you. Something we can work out over e-mails.....
Last edited by Brummie on 27 Apr 2011 09:42, edited 5 times in total.
Reason: header altered to 16
Always looking for modern Canada on paper!
Topical Interests: Disney, Boats/Sailing Ships/Lighthouses, Horses/Horsedrawn, Butterflies/Insects, and Trains - E-mail me with descriptions or scans if you have some!

uncadonego

Re: Free 725 Canada stamps to the first 3 collectors under 1

Post by uncadonego »

I worded the title/text incorrectly. I meant to say 16 or under.

As Homer says....D'Oh! :shock: :evil: :D :lol:
Topical Interests: Disney, Boats/Sailing Ships/Lighthouses, Horses/Horsedrawn, Butterflies/Insects, and Trains - E-mail me with descriptions or scans if you have some!

kiran
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member

Post by kiran »

how i get canada stamps?

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

1)Send me verification of your age. *(Ie. birth certificate or photo ID to prove you're 16 or under, get permission from your parents). Also I'll need your mailing address (once again, let your parents know).

2)crap, India. I hope you actually receive them. I have had apparent problems with some India recipients (see my Canada trading thread).

NEXT TWO PLEASE.

Don't hesitate to post! :shock: :D

fromdownunder
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by fromdownunder »

kiran wrote:how i get canada stamps?

MOD HAT ON

Actually you cannot get them yet. Please read the rules, or get your father who introduced you to the Boards to read them to you.

Here is the first Rule:
1. Any member of stampboards.com who has at least 20 posts and has been registered for at least 20 days may post NEW threads here offering stamps/coins/banknotes for SALE, or respond to stamps being given away, or free offers. (All Registered members may RESPOND to offers of goods for sale (but not to free offers, until you reach 20/20), or they can offer their surplus stamps FREE.) All other posts WILL be removed by Moderators.
I am sorry, but we have had too many adults who have pretended to be juniors and have simply vacuumed free offers up in the past. This rule at least MINIMISES THE CHANCE THAT dishonest people will pretend to be juniors just so that they can get free stamps.

The world has become a sad place, but you cannot request free stamps yet.

MOD HAT OFF

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

uncadonego wrote:NEXT TWO PLEASE.
No, next three. kiran is not eligible and does not even have the minimum requirements that we need to ask for free stuff.

Norm

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

But he's not really asking............I'm offering. Does that matter? Not challenging.....only asking. 8)

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

uncadonego wrote:But he's not really asking............I'm offering. Does that matter? Not challenging.....only asking. 8)
MOD HAT ON

Well for better or worse, yes it does matter.
and has been registered for at least 20 days may post NEW threads here offering stamps/coins/banknotes for SALE, or respond to stamps being given away, or free offers. (All Registered members may RESPOND to offers of goods for sale (but not to free offers, until you reach 20/20), or they can offer their surplus stamps FREE.)
There have been too many times in the past four years (I cannot believe it will be four years in a couple of days) where hit and run posters have simply grabbed free stuff, and then vanished.

The idea of Stampboards is to help fellow collectors, and maybe people will give back to each other. Somebody who jumps straight onto the Boards and asks for exchanges and free stamps in two out of their first four posts does not exactly inspire confidence, when both of these actions are rule breakers, and I suggest that his Uncle should have explained in advance that this was not really the best way to start on the Boards, and explained further what the Board is actually for.

MOD HAT OFF

Norm

Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Hello Jacob here.

Thanks Mr Uncadonego for a nice offer.

I will send you a email. :D :D :)

Jacob.
You catch more flies with honey than with vinegar.

uncadonego

Re: Free 725 Canada stamps to the first 3 collectors, 16 or

Post by uncadonego »

Jacob, what was the last Scott number I sent you for Canada? I'll just send you more freebies from there....

Jacob

Post by Jacob »

Hello Mr Uncadonego,

I have not started to put them into a album yet as i am still saving up for a album for them.

I have got some right up to year 1972 but still a lot of gaps in between.

I am going on school camp tomorrow and will be away for a few days :lol: :D :mrgreen:

THANKS AGAIN for helping me :!: :!:

Have to go pack my bag bye jacob. :D :)

kiran

Post by kiran »

Sorry. I did not read the rules properly. i will wait till my 20 post and 20 days. I will send my school ID card scanning for age verification.

kiran

Post by kiran »

Which mail ID i need to send my scanning?

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

click the email button on the bottom of one of my posts when you reach 20/20, and I'll give you more info.

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

Mods, looks like a good call on Kiran, no posting number change at all, maybe he just googled "free stamps"?

Request to mods: if you take out the word "the" from the title for me, the whole title will fit, while at the same time you change the offer to "18".

See if that gets a couple more people.

Jacob: update- I'm back to soaking my last one third lb. of the modern Canada I have. I've accumulated a lot, going from 6 photo boxes in glassines a few months ago to 8 now, so I should be ready to make your packet very soon. When I send you this next package, I'll start from the modern and work my way backwards to the earlier stuff.

HEADING EDITED

Jacob

Post by Jacob »

uncadonego wrote:Mods, looks like a good call on Kiran, no posting number change at all, maybe he just googled "free stamps"?

Request to mods: if you take out the word "the" from the title for me, the whole title will fit, while at the same time you change the offer to "18".

See if that gets a couple more people.

Jacob: update- I'm back to soaking my last one third lb. of the modern Canada I have. I've accumulated a lot, going from 6 photo boxes in glassines a few months ago to 8 now, so I should be ready to make your packet very soon. When I send you this next package, I'll start from the modern and work my way backwards to the earlier stuff.

Hello Jacob here.

Thanks Mr Uncadonego sure will be looking forward to them.
I will soon be showing Canada stamps on my thread. :lol: :lol: Image

Bye.

Jacob.

luvthecmonwealth
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Re: FREE! 725 Canada stamps to first 3 members, 18 or under!

Post by luvthecmonwealth »

Good topic, glad to see young collectors benefiting. I wish Stampboards had existed when I was Jacob's age.

I'm 18+7, alas.
"I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."- John Lennon

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

Well, with that mindset, I'm 18+30! 8)

:lol:

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

Jacob-

Long night for me. :lol: I started from the present and worked backward to the beginning of 1969, and managed to get 800 different. The last time I sent you stamps, I think I made it up to the 60's, so it seemed like a good cut-off point.

If they look the same sometimes, check that one is tagged and the other not, or different printing and perfs, or one is booklet and the other sheet, or one is perf and the other die-cut, etc.

I won't be mailing them today though. It's 12:30 in the afternoon, and I have yet to package the 16 glassines of 50 each into something "mail-able".

Do you prefer individual stamps on the envelope, or if available, souvenir sheet type stuff?

Time for a belated bedtime! :lol:

P-A-S
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by P-A-S »

Hi:

Not sure if the offer is still open, but I would like to ask if my children would be able to take advantage of your generous offer? I've 5 children of which 2 are "serious" collectors and one is just starting out. I am asking on behalf of Max, Mackenzie and Emma. Below is a picture of the brood at our local museum.

Would it be possible to obtain one of these offers for my children to share between them? If so, I will provide you our mailing address via e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

http://s796.photobucket.com/albums/yy246/penny-auction-stamps/Personal/
Marcus

Jacob

Post by Jacob »

uncadonego wrote:Jacob-

Long night for me. :lol: I started from the present and worked backward to the beginning of 1969, and managed to get 800 different. The last time I sent you stamps, I think I made it up to the 60's, so it seemed like a good cut-off point.

If they look the same sometimes, check that one is tagged and the other not, or different printing and perfs, or one is booklet and the other sheet, or one is perf and the other die-cut, etc.

I won't be mailing them today though. It's 12:30 in the afternoon, and I have yet to package the 16 glassines of 50 each into something "mail-able".

Do you prefer individual stamps on the envelope, or if available, souvenir sheet type stuff?

Time for a belated bedtime! :lol:

Hello Jacob here.

Mr Uncadonego hope you had a good sleep.

I like suprises with the envelope stamps :lol: :lol:

Sounds like I am going to be very busy showing off my Canada stamps on my thread.

THANKS. :!: :!:

Jacob.

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

P-A-S wrote:Hi:

Not sure if the offer is still open, but I would like to ask if my children would be able to take advantage of your generous offer? I've 5 children of which 2 are "serious" collectors and one is just starting out. I am asking on behalf of Max, Mackenzie and Emma. Below is a picture of the brood at our local museum.

Would it be possible to obtain one of these offers for my children to share between them? If so, I will provide you our mailing address via e-mail.

Thanks in advance.

http://s796.photobucket.com/albums/yy246/penny-auction-stamps/Personal/
Can't see your personal album. You must have it marked as private and not public.

I have no problem with sending your kids stamps, as long as the mods are agreeable, seeing as they aren't members. If they don't object I'll e-mail you.

Jacob, I'll mail out your stamps on Monday.

GlenStephens
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by GlenStephens »

P-A-S wrote:
I am asking on behalf of Max, Mackenzie and Emma. Below is a picture of the brood at our local museum.
That link doees not work .... what stopped you posting an image into this thread as other members manage to do with stamp images?

Anyway, that aside, we have generous members here who promote youth collecting.

I can't see why members with young collectors who are interested, can't encourage those same kids to take a few seconds to sign up, and post themselves as Jacob has.

I'd like to see that occur for all offers made directly for youngsters.

Admin

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

OK Glen, ...will comply.

P-A-S,

All three of your collecting niblets can have 725 each or more, as soon as they get their 20-20. Looking forward to meeting them on the boards.

:D

P-A-S

Post by P-A-S »

Hello Again:

Just returned from a stamp show in Kentville, Nova Scotia today with the kids.

I believe the link to the kids photo is open now. I have discussed the online posting with my kids. It is unlikely that they will get to 20 posts as I can barely get them to do their homework and other responsibilities.

Aside from that, my wife and I discourage our kids from engaging in unsupervised posting on websites, or certainly sending in scans of their identification for security reasons.

I do wish you the best with your initiative to get more youth engaged in the hobby as I have done, however this has been somewhat of a let down for the kids as they were quite excited about the offer initially.

Best.
Marcus

GlenStephens

Post by GlenStephens »

P-A-S wrote:
It is unlikely that they will get to 20 posts as I can barely get them to do their homework and other responsibilities. Aside from that, my wife and I discourage our kids from engaging in unsupervised posting on websites
Oh well for 725 free stamps when I was a kid, I'd have walked over hot coals for a mile!

Threads like this are to hopefully gets kids interested a tiny bit in stamps, and if they need to spend 5 or 10 minutes to get something nice, well that's a valuable life lesson for them. :idea:

What better site to encourage and approve kids to post on?

No profanity, and no nasty things to sidetrack them. Perhaps mark this an 'approved' site on their 'netnanny' etc.

Getting to 20 posts is a cinch - they can do it in 5 minutes here -

http://www.stampboards.com/viewforum.php?f=11

So please do not try and make the generous members feel guilty for enforcing our rules as you appear to be doing.

They are in place to ensure the conga line of "my kids/nieces/nephews/3rd cousins twice removed/friend of friends, would LOVE these FREEBIES" posts we used to get for these things, no longer appear.

In many cases it seemed pretty clear the same folks each time, were the ones asking for their 3rd cousins etc, coff.

Admin

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

Here is an absolutely beautiful little boy who would love the Canada stuff.

Does 1951 count, as I was under 18 at that time? We need to disregard the fact that I did not have 20 posts, nor had I been a member for 20 days in 1951.

Norm

GlenStephens

Post by GlenStephens »

Norm the reality your mother made you wear dresses made from seaweed explains MANY things ........ :lol:

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

P-A-S,
uncadonego wrote:1)Send me verification of your age. *(Ie. birth certificate or photo ID to prove you're 16 or under, get permission from your parents). Also I'll need your mailing address (once again, let your parents know).

Don't hesitate to post! :shock: :D
As posted before you ever posted, I don't want your kids posting here without your knowledge. Jacob has a PO Box. If I'm going to just end up mailing to your address anyway, I'm pretty sure I know where your kids live. If you're worried, sending stamps directly to you solves no concerns.

I think this is a reasonably decent place for kids to visit. If you don't want them here unsupervised........ummm........supervise. :roll:

I'm trying to GIVE AWAY stamps here. I have no problem making three seperate packs of at LEAST 725. It will require time, effort, and expense on my part. Again, I'll do it cheerfully. Spend the same amount of time with your kids posting here that it will take me to sort their packets, and they'll have 20-20 quickly.

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

What's more I don't care if everything on the ID but the date is photoshopped out, as long as I know that they aren't showing me pictures from thirty years ago. Even a pic of them holding a recent periodical, so I know they are kids.

The post made by fromdownunder is humorous but makes a good point. This is the net, claims are easy to make, as we've recently seen an impostor pretending to be a well known Indian actress. I'm simply asking for reasonable substantiation of claims.

If your kids can't make twenty posts, if you can't get them to do their homework, how serious can they be about collecting stamps?

GlenStephens

Post by GlenStephens »

P-A-S wrote:
.... this has been somewhat of a let down for the kids as they were quite excited about the offer initially.
But not "excited" enough to do a single thing to get the freebies?? A sad indictment of the youth of today I suppose.

And not just Canadians, I am afraid. Instant gratification always sought - for zero effort on their part.

Anyway, enough of old ground. :oops:

uncadonego has made a really generous offer, and hopefully a few members here with youngsters can make contact with him to verify their stamp loving youngsters DO exist, and DO have a stamp interest, and better still get them to make 20 posts.

Here's a deal. Admin are happy to waive the 20 DAYS part if the kiddies are vouched for on these threads, by their adult members.

All they need to do if make 20 posts somewhere, and any kid that can't make the effort to add 20 posts in the "Count Randomly up from ten" thread etc does not deserve stamps - or anything else in life! :mrgreen:

stallzer

Post by stallzer »

I will have my collecting partner post here when he wakes up. I will start up an account here for him. He has dual citizenship (US & Canada) He would love Canadian stamps. He does not have ID as he is only 6, (7 as of May 11th). I'll post a recent pic of him with his collection.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

OK, sounds good stallzer. You can help him do the intro thread, than he can say hi here, then 18 more easy posts.

If P-A-S's little ones decide to introduce themselves, I'll honour the standing offer for them too, and that will make five offers rather than three.

In the meantime, if one more (true #3) person posts, that will make six offers, and I'll stop there....for now.

Later when I get my American boxes numbered (about 300 or more stamps) from the 50's, 60's, 70's, I'll start a thread to give them those stamps as well.

luvthecmonwealth

Post by luvthecmonwealth »

Nice to see another new young collector joining up :)
"I don't believe in Beatles, I just believe in me."- John Lennon

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

uncadonego wrote:This is the net, claims are easy to make, as we've recently seen an impostor pretending to be a well known Indian actress. I'm simply asking for reasonable substantiation of claims.
Only last year we had a 19 year old New Zealander who posed as the father of an 11 year old to get free stamps for his "son", eventually much to his eventual regret. We are much more vigilant now.

Norm

stallzer

Post by stallzer »

I am having trouble setting up a gmail account for him, I made the mistake of using his actual birthday while creating his account.

I had no idea that 6 year olds couldn't have email accounts, and now every time I try and create one, no matter what I enter for his birthday it tells me that there is an age restriction.

I believe that in order to start an account here, you must have a valid email address, so I am working on it.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

Jacob

Post by Jacob »

stallzer wrote:I am having trouble setting up a gmail account for him, I made the mistake of using his actual birthday while creating his account. I had no idea that 6 year olds couldn't have email accounts, and now every time I try and create one, no matter what I enter for his birthday it tells me that there is an age restriction. I believe that in order to start an account here, you must have a valid email address, so I am working on it.

Hello Jacob here.

Yes Mr Stallzer they do put a age limit for emails. 14 years old i think.
What i done was told a white lie about my age and then use either a yahoo or hot mail account.

The same goes for face book.

Hey this is my first advice I have given. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Bye.

Jacob.

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

Oh, are you talking about Ian? Oh, don't worry, we all know he REALLY exists! :lol: (pictures, whole thread, etc.)

Great if you work it out so he can talk on the boards, but I'm already convinced he exists so just send me your address.

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

Oh, and BEFORE anyone says anything about a double standard for Ian, keep in mind that Ian didn't surface AFTER an offer for freebies like "Kiran" (suspiciously from the same city as "Divyanka"), but he had his own thread with pictures and everything over six months ago, l-o-n-g before my offer.

I just want to know these junior collectors are really there, and I'm convinced Ian IS.

Also, I'm trying to not defy the mods. I deferred to their decision about junior members showing they exist, and I'm trying to comply. Don't anyone think I'm purposely trying to deny their kids the stamps I offered them.

P-A-S, I WANT to send your kids stamps, but now you've made 20 posts on one of their behalf, and Glen has lassoed them all and said that's insufficient. Now if I send stamps anyway, I'm circumventing the mods AND the owner and administrator of the site. It may be a bit of trouble to go to in order to register him, but just please do so and untie my hands in this matter so I'm not caught in the middle and I can just give your kid the stamps.

I am going to the trouble of packing your kid 800 Canada stamps TONIGHT. It will take me a couple of hours or more, then packing and postage. I have your address. When Glen and the mods say go, I'm dropping them in the mailbox that very same day. If all three of your kids plan to simply introduce themselves on the ROLL CALL thread, just let me know, and I'll start packing two more in anticipation.

P-A-S

Post by P-A-S »

I have reluctantly registered my three interested children and am awaiting the processing of their accounts. Once their accounts are ready, I will encourage each of them to introduce themselves to validate their being from "presumed" status to full fledged child.

Hopefully, my children will gain a more trustworthy reputation on stamp boards than I have seemed to generate from the moderators.
Marcus

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

Jacob and Ian, I mailed your packages this morning. I tried to make the covers nice too. Here's hoping you get them unscratched. If not, well, there's plenty of stamps inside! 8)

P-A-S

Post by P-A-S »

Good evening all:

I've got accounts for Max, Mackenzie and Emma up and running. They have introduced themselves on the welcome page and a photo of them may be found at http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy246/penny-auction-stamps/Personal/DSCN0954.jpg to confirm they exist (the date time stamp is on the television behind them). Each of them has 25-26 posts at this point (Emma B, Max B and Mackenzie are their account names).

Please let us know if there are any other requirements we need to meet, and thank you.
Marcus

admin
Site Administrator
Location: That's on a need to know basis - and YOU do not need to know!

Post by admin »

P-A-S wrote:I have reluctantly registered my three interested children and am awaiting the processing of their accounts. Once their accounts are ready, I will encourage each of them to introduce themselves to validate their being from "presumed" status to full fledged child.
Reluctantly?????????????????

Lots of members have children, and on-one has to "prove" they have them.

You were begging for freebies offered exclusvely to young members under 18 - allegedly on behalf of the so far non existent kids, and were asked to have the children start an account, and ask for themselves.

And that got up your nose. Too bad. You came up with all kinds of baloney sounding excuses why they could not. You typed those, not me.

So far I have not seen a post from any youngster connected with you politely asking for stamps on this thread, and if it were me would be sending no stamps at all, based on your posting history, and responses like you have made, but that's just me.

Entirely the call of uncadonego here, but I imagine until he reads a post on this thread, allegedly made by a child under 18, he will not be mailing anything anywhere.

Admin
P-A-S wrote:Hopefully, my children will gain a more trustworthy reputation on stamp boards than I have seemed to generate from the moderators.
Yes, let's hope so.

A study of your past posts shows your entire interest seems to be swapping stamps you have for others, and ignoring and disputing board rules, and deleting potobucket images de-railing threads.

http://www.stampboards.com/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=3766

muruk
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by muruk »

stallzer wrote:I am having trouble setting up a gmail account for him, I made the mistake of using his actual birthday while creating his account.

I had no idea that 6 year olds couldn't have email accounts, and now every time I try and create one, no matter what I enter for his birthday it tells me that there is an age restriction.

I believe that in order to start an account here, you must have a valid email address, so I am working on it.
That stinks.

This is a great hobby for young people, and once again the "system" provides stumbling blocks instead of stepping stones.

Perhaps we need to adopt/allow a system of parents setting up email accounts for their young collectors to use. I really don't believe that a dishonest workaround should be necessary for something worthwhile and reasonable.

It really is great to see young collectors with a presence here in their own right. Something we should all encourage.
A man might as well marry ... if he finds a good wife he will be happy ... if not, he will become a philosopher.
Collecting Greater New Guinea & Macropods (Kangaroos & Wallabies).

fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

muruk wrote:
stallzer wrote:I am having trouble setting up a gmail account for him, I made the mistake of using his actual birthday while creating his account.

That stinks.

This is a great hobby for young people, and once again the "system" provides stumbling blocks instead of stepping stones.

Perhaps we need to adopt/allow a system of parents setting up email accounts for their young collectors to use. I really don't believe that a dishonest workaround should be necessary for something worthwhile and reasonable.

It really is great to see young collectors with a presence here in their own right. Something we should all encourage.
Muruk, I think you misread the situation. Apparently it is the eMail system that does not allow people under 14 to Register, not Stampboards.

Norm

muruk

Post by muruk »

fromdownunder wrote:Muruk, I think you misread the situation. Apparently it is the eMail system that does not allow people under 14 to Register, not Stampboards.

Norm
I understand totally ... I was referring to the email "system", but we also need to do what we can on Stampboards to make ourselves accessible to our young collectors.
A man might as well marry ... if he finds a good wife he will be happy ... if not, he will become a philosopher.
Collecting Greater New Guinea & Macropods (Kangaroos & Wallabies).

P-A-S

Post by P-A-S »

admin wrote:
P-A-S wrote:I have reluctantly registered my three interested children and am awaiting the processing of their accounts. Once their accounts are ready, I will encourage each of them to introduce themselves to validate their being from "presumed" status to full fledged child.
Reluctantly?????????????????

Lots of members have children, and on-one has to "prove" they have them.

You were begging for freebies offered exclusvely to young members under 18 - allegedly on behalf of the so far non existent kids, and were asked to have the children start an account, and ask for themselves.

And that got up your nose. Too bad. You came up with all kinds of baloney sounding excuses why they could not. You typed those, not me.

So far I have not seen a post from any youngster connected with you politely asking for stamps on this thread, and if it were me would be sending no stamps at all, based on your posting history, and responses like you have made, but that's just me.

Entirely the call of uncadonego here, but I imagine until he reads a post on this thread, allegedly made by a child under 18, he will not be mailing anything anywhere.

Admin
P-A-S wrote:Hopefully, my children will gain a more trustworthy reputation on stamp boards than I have seemed to generate from the moderators.
Yes, let's hope so.

A study of your past posts shows your entire interest seems to be swapping stamps you have for others, and ignoring and disputing board rules, and deleting potobucket images de-railing threads.

http://www.stampboards.com/search.php?st=0&sk=t&sd=d&sr=posts&author_id=3766
Moderator:

Tut tut. No need for hostility here. I'm trying my best to react to the instructions of the moderators. In order to clarify my position, yes I do a great deal of trading as that is where my primary interest lies. I have not made any excuses for my children and this exercise has unfortunately created much more attention than it needed to. Further, I was not begging for anything, simply responding to an offer. And finally, I do have a problem with posting children's pictures on the internet due to security concerns of my employment.

My children have introduced themselves as directed and I had asked for these stamps on their behalf. I have not intended to pester anyone with my postings, rather I have done my best. I had already responded wrt the photobucket images in a private email to the mods.

I have no interest in a keyboard duel. I am culpable for my mistakes and admit them, however the banter is excessive and unnecessary. I joined this group to share my enjoyment for collecting and trading stamps, not to conduct electronic jousting.

Uncadonego:

Please let me know if you require any further information.

Let the collecting begin!
Marcus

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

P-A-S wrote:
I do have a problem with posting children's pictures on the internet due to security concerns of my employment.

Uncadonego:

Please let me know if you require any further information.
In certain situations I could understand the extra caution. I have four relatives who are cops and one is a jail guard. They keep family close to the vest.

Just have them post here and say hi. I already have your address and I'll start filling out packets tonight.

uncadonego

Post by uncadonego »

P-A-S wrote: They have introduced themselves on the welcome page and a photo of them may be found at http://i796.photobucket.com/albums/yy246/penny-auction-stamps/Personal/DSCN0954.jpg to confirm they exist (the date time stamp is on the television behind them).
Cute kids. Seems long ago and at the same time just like yesterday when my bunch was that young. I only have one still living at home now, and he is turning 18. Soak in as much as you can now, and don't take it for granted. That time you have with them is gone before you know it. I hate to sound like every Disney movie ever made, but it's actually so true.

Return to “SWAP your stamps and covers with other collectors Worldwide - or GIVE them away FREE!”