STOP PRESS: Brusden White ACSC “KGVI” Catalogue Just out!

For Mods only to move threads from the "Stamps For Sale" forum after they have sold, or are not eligible to be there in the first instance! READ the "Rules" on top of that forum folks.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

GlenStephens
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

STOP PRESS: Brusden White ACSC “KGVI” Catalogue Just out!

Post by GlenStephens »

STOP PRESS! Brusden White ACSC “KGVI” Australia Catalogue Just out!
I am the first dealer to offer these.

Thicker, and with much more detail than the ancient NINE year old Edition.

ESSENTIAL BOOK. Many huge price increases.

Issued today, and I have some copies in my hands ALREADY, packed ready to mail.

Edited by Dr. Geoffrey Kellow, this "King George VI", includes proofs, and incorporates new research.

Additional plate varieties and enhanced illustrations have been added, with UPU Specimen and cancelled-to-order stamps, and including all 1946 BCOF Japan issues etc.

Third edition, 280 pages, softbound, issued April 17, 2015

A ton of upward priced movement. Some things have increased TEN times in value on some of the 1946 BCOF items, adding $100s of value in one edition to one medium stamp.

Some pieces have doubled or more from already high prices, like 1/- Lyrebird “Green Mist Retouch” moving from $2,000 to $5,000. :mrgreen:

The 10/- Arms inverted watermark goes from $5,000 to $10,000. And expensive “Thin” papers are now listed for first time for some of the “Arms” values, and other Definitives of this era. Often many $1000s apiece, so one find will readily pay for this catalogue five times over. I sold a set 3 a few weeks back with a Thin paper 10/- in it, and as ACSC did not list thin paper for any value assumed I was dreaming. The OTHER 2 are now listed for $1000 hinged each!

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=62069

Some of the popular errors like the 1942 6d Kookaburra “Top Hat Variety” go up near 10 fold, from $250 to $2,000 mint. I sold one for $100 last year, so someone will be delighted!

Imprint blocks seem priced up all over the reign - often trebling or trebling in value. And coil pairs and other plate varieties see huge increases in many areas. CTO values are often double old prices. FDC values are generally up, and up on piece or cover etc also heavily re-worked.

This catalogue annoyingly uses ACSC numbers in this edition that in last one were something else entirely. There seems no good reason for this other than the create mass confusion, but not having the current book will give you headaches at times.

$A100 POSTED anywhere in Australia … many dealers will be asking $100 PLUS shipping, and this is a heavy book. Add $5 to that if Registered required domestically, and on this value I’d certainly advise it.

Canada/USA is $A120 Registered Air and Europe $125 Registered Air

Or totally at your risk unsigned for, untracked post is -

Canada/USA is $A110, and Europe is $A115

Nice VFU stamps used in ALL cases from ME! That is just $US84 posted, right now. :lol:

One European member paid for unsigned for mail on his "KGV" ACSC and never got it, and has given me non-stop grief about if for months. I do not run the PO. You want to save a few bucks, and risk it being stolen from your letterbox, your call entirely!

$A100 posted oz

Call it - "ACSC KGVI – Stock 584HB" - please order via SECURE site: -

https://www.glenstephens.com/order.html

And please do that NOW. Too many think “I’ll do that later” and then quickly “forget”. I then lose the stamps in the rubble here, and waste an annoying hour finding them again. :twisted:

For overseas members, to find out the approx cost in YOUR currency, click here - https://www.xe.com

MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - don't like it - mail it back within 48 hours of receiving it. No-one ever has yet. :)

And "lay-by/layaway" is always possible - email me with any queries to glen [at] glenstephens.com - OR "trade-ins" always possible! If you have a pile of surplus stuff, I may well be happy to offset that against this item - see

https://www.glenstephens.com/buying.html

As most know - I do NO fairs or shows, have NO shop, and do NOT bother with ebay or any other auctions. I buy endless bulk lots from Estates, and distress sales etc, in this massive city of 6 million with no other real stamp buyers, and offer it here at NETT prices for fast turnover. NO "20%-25% Buyer Fees" to add to my prices, as in auction!

Many similar mouth-watering NETT price offers are being loaded weekly onto -

https://www.glenstephens.com/rarity.html and https://www.glenstephens.com/specials.html

All stampboards lots $A200 and under are always mailed Unregistered and untracked, unless you specifically note otherwise on order form. 1000s of my transactions here for 8 years have been safe by normal post. :idea:

If Registered (PO cover is to $A100 only sadly) is required, clearly STATE that on order form - cost is extra $A4 local, and minimum $A15 extra foreign. Only YOU know if your street address is secure - a large packet covered in pretty stamps left outside, just might tempt passers-by? Only YOU know that, I do not. Mail contractors these days are often lazy and leave packets on top of mailboxes etc in view of public, and out in wet weather etc. PO Boxes are far safer. :idea:

"All Risk" Insurance is always possible if required as well, at $A2 per $100 covered - again it must be specified on order form. It is like Travel Insurance – decline that when booking your ticket, and THEN tell Qantas you really meant to take it 3 weeks back, and you now need to cancel your ticket for no penalty, and see how you go with THAT one! :lol: :lol:

As per stampboard convention - this lot is offered exclusively first to board members - and on no other sales venue.

For members who make a BANK TRANSFER payment you WILL generally get your goods faster, as it saves me some hassle - but you MUST email me the confirmation number etc - many "forget"! :)

Madstars
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Re: STOP PRESS: Brusden White ACSC “KGVI” Catalogue Just out

Post by Madstars »

Wake up, have a nice breakfast and then give Glen $100.

It is not how I planned to spend my morning but....yippeee a new catalogue.

Thanks mate I will take the first copy.

Sold to Madstars.

Madstars

Post by Madstars »

Glen,

Order completed and sent.

Thanks

Geoff

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

One for Geoff, all packed up and mailed TODAY!

All other orders made now will be mailed Monday 9am.

fossick
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Post by fossick »

One for me please.
Send to Canberra.
Will do order this evening.

Thanks
JohnG

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

One for Fossick. :)

robster

Post by robster »

One for Robster, order just sent, Thanks Glen.! :)

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

All mailed to those above. :idea:

Anyone else want to be first cab off the rank to get one of these? :lol:

Dealers or collectors using the old data are $1000s off in many cases.

The 10/- Arms inverted watermark goes from $A5,000 to $A10,000. And expensive “Thin” papers are now listed for some of the “Arms” values and other Definitives of this era. Often many $1000+ apiece, so just one new find will readily pay for this catalogue 10 times over.

I sold a set 3 Arms "Specimen" a few weeks back here on stampboards, with a THIN paper 10/- in it.

As the then current ACSC did not list thin paper for any value, assumed I was dreaming, despite it being VERY markedly different. The other 2 are now listed for $A1,000 hinged each!

https://www.tinyurl.com/ThinArms has the lucky buyer post, who got a so far un-recorded stamp, worth about $1000, for $100, and his 2 others "Specimens" free. "Knowledge Is Power" and had I listed up this set a few weeks later, that nice $1000 windfall would have been mine not his, - timing is everything in life!

Some of the popular errors like the 1942 6d Kookaburra “Top Hat Variety” go up near 10 fold, from $250 to $2,000 mint hinged - and to $3,250 used. I sold one for $100 last year, so someone will be delighted!

The new prices do seem pretty silly, but since SG has listed this error in recent years, global demand has been high. An old collector told me a common metal staple adhering to the plate for a short while caused this error.

If you do not have this new Cat you would NEVER know that. 8)

Glen

m3006
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by m3006 »

Glen - a copy for me, order just done!

Michael

robster

Post by robster »

Received my copy from Glen today - first impressions are very positive, a comprehensive publication!

I can see us becoming firm friends through the cold winter months. :mrgreen:

Recommended! :)

Stephan
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by Stephan »

One for me please Glen

Order processed and payment posted - Acknowledgement No - 90102921

Payment ref = shaberer_584HB

Cheers
Stephan

Madstars

Post by Madstars »

Thx Glen, recieved mine Tuesday.

I can't stop reading it.

My Australian Collection has just increased in size and value.

Highly recommended catalogue.

Thank you for the very quick delivery.

Geoff

rehautala
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by rehautala »

I'll take one. Order submitted - thanks Glen. (may have gone through twice as I accidentally hit "enter" before I was finished).

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

All orders above are dispatched - anyone else need one 'hot off the press'? lol:

Review here -

http://www.glenstephens.com/snmay15.html

Glen

rehautala

Post by rehautala »

Glen,

Mine hasn't arrived yet and I am really looking forward to it.

The last huge package you sent arrived so fast, it was amazing.

This one seems to be taking the scenic route. I asked for registered, so is there any info available for tracking? If not, I guess I will keep waiting (5 weeks now). I heard the new Aussie Post computer sorter is having some problems.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Richard ... yes total mail centre chaos here -

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=61150

Parcels are taking a month domestically as you can see.

Left May 1 Registered first Class Air - RQ046867358AU - maybe Canada Post can give you a lead as despite out hefty rates here, the AP idiots offer no tracking for FOREIGN bound Registered Mail.

rehautala

Post by rehautala »

OK, this is interesting. Looks like Canada Post is starting to run in to similar problems with routing.

It arrived in Canada (West Coast) in about 2 weeks (which isn't bad really). Then according to tracking, it took another two weeks before it was sent to Mississauga (near Toronto - about an hour and some from where I live).

Then someone decided it should go back to Edmonton, Alberta (2500km back westward).

Then, they changed their mind and sent it back to Mississauga.

According to the tracking, it arrived TODAY (40 days later) and is waiting for me at the post office. CP needs to get their act together as well it seems.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

A MONTH in transit in Canada, for a little book, and you STILL do not have it - insane.

The address and zip were clearly written and totally legible.

Complain to THEM and tell them it was 'urgent stuff'. You may get the $100 compo back on this one. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Print the tracking page out in advance and take it in with you when you sign. And raise hell. It is THEIR fault it bounced around the country, and they need to be accountable.

rehautala

Post by rehautala »

I checked with CP and while they have delivery "standards", they are "not responsible for delays".

The only service they offer that covers delays is called Priority Post. This is far too expensive for most shipments, and as far as I can tell they will only refund the cost of shipping.

I'm glad the book is finally here, but it would be impossible to get any compensation for the delay, even when it was their fault (especially for the re-routing that was totally unnecessary).

rehautala

Post by rehautala »

Just a reminder to everyone. Always look under the shipping label.

I almost forgot (in fact had already tossed aside the envelope). Then I remembered that Glen has posted that he always uses real stamps. So I carefully cut open the label, and sure enough, there was a nicely cancelled full sheet of stamps.

This is only my second purchase, so I am glad I remembered!

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Richard .. wow you'd be furious if you had tossed that complete VFU sheet in the trash. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Glen
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Bought one of these current ACSC Brusden White "KGVI" in a collection today. Near mint condition.

$A75 plus post - Stock 782YW - save $20!

Same Collector also had the current huge "KGV" lightly used - Retail $125, I can do for just $A85 plus post. (Stock 782YX)

King George V, including proofs, completely revised incorporating new research, with UPU Specimen and cancelled-to-order stamps, many new illustrations and numerous additions to the lists of plate varieties, 4th edition (commemorating the Centenary of the King George V Definitives), 464 pages, softbound, 2014. $A125

And the ACSC "Kangaroos" he had as well - the current 2013 Centenary Edition retail $A100 for $A50 plus post as he gave that a fair bit of use! (Stock 782YX)

Or all THREE superb current books for just $A195 plus post (Stock 782YV) - save $130!

Glen

1stStamp

Post by 1stStamp »

All three - sold to me thanks Glen.
Michelle

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Great buy - all 3 current versions at large discount to Michelle!

Call it - "ACSC Trio - Stock 782YV" - please order via SECURE site: -

http://www.glenstephens.com/order.html

And please do that NOW. Too many think “I’ll do that later” and then quickly “forget”. I then lose the stamps in the rubble here, and waste an annoying hour finding them again. :twisted:

Return to “Sold lots, or threads moved by mods as they did not qualify via the rules”