Aust 2016 "CHINA" Koala M/S with WRONG Date & Perf: $A3 ea!

For Mods only to move threads from the "Stamps For Sale" forum after they have sold, or are not eligible to be there in the first instance! READ the "Rules" on top of that forum folks.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

GlenStephens
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Aust 2016 "CHINA" Koala M/S with WRONG Date & Perf: $A3 ea!

Post by GlenStephens »

This Sheet was issued with printing date above $1, shown in error as "2004" not the correct "2016"!

Australia 2016 "CHINA" Koala Stamp Miniature Sheet with WRONG date: just $A2 each!

There has recently been much global excitement with the China show "Jewel Beetle" sets of 5 Sheets selling for $A1,750 a set on ebay from the huge CHINA Expo in December. See one of those above. Link here - https://www.tinyurl.com/SSBeetle - sold by a stampboarder, TO another stampboarder! The Set cost buyer over $A1,750 at that time.

Oddly, not a word seems to have been written here on the other Australia Post stamp issue for this show. :?: :?:

The 2004 $1 Koala stamp design was resurrected from the Archives for the attractive sheet shown above.

They sold well, as China super savvy dealer visitor to shows, Max Stern learnt long ago that 5 Yuan ($A1) is the PERFECT price point for Chinese buyers, as there is a small denomination banknote for that exact value. If you make the design of something topical, and quirky and cool, and super Australian - like a Koala, it is a fast impulse buy, and you sell HEAPS. :mrgreen:

David Benson’s photos below of the Australia Post booth in December tells its own story – long lines, and MOBBED with collectors, with Security Guards on hand etc!

So these $1 sheets sold well, and near all will never enter the Australian market, being bought one at a time by Chinese show visitors as cheap souveniers.

I bought a parcel of these in December, as it was obvious to me they'd been overlooked, and basically no-one it seems, had noticed the "2004" MicroPrint error. Australia Post had only a few left on sale for a couple of weeks after the show, and they sold fast, and are long gone.

Collectors with PO standing orders did NOT get this sheet in their mailing this year, nor was it is the Annual Albums.

So on that basis alone, it is certainly worth quite a few bucks as it was near universally overlooked before selling out. It might well become a $10 or $20, or higher piece in short order - being so quirky and attractive, and seeing the Jewel Beetle sheets from the show are going absolute gangbusters, at $A1,750 a set 5!

I was advised numbers printed were small of this $1 Koala Sheet, and near all were sold one by one, to show visitors in China.

And here is the neat thing overlooked by near everyone until now. :mrgreen:
The PO issued it for the huge show on December 2-6, 2016, but with a “2004” issue date micro printed in error above the $1 sign as can be seen.
Why? As the original $1 stamp was issued back then, and someone lazy in the PO Art Department did not digitally alter it to read "2016" as is normal strict policy at Australia Post. I have never seen this before - except on the CPS stamps of course, and the Adelaide 30c set of those is $2,400 a set right now and is Cat $4,500 a set!

The printing year of “1994” can be clearly on those, seen at lower right –
Also has a micro date difference, and now $A2,400 a set 6!

Anyway, I mailed a client some Koalas today - see above the envelope that left for him, and decided it was about time to pass on my small stock to others while the issue is new. PERFECT to use on mail to other collectors - this on cover neat postally used mailed in correct period, would sell for $20, all day long I’d suggest. Mail them to friends and stamp contacts perhaps? Be a superb gift idea. Little Gems for the future.

I am NOT mailing out covers with them, as my stock is in neat packets of 20 and 50 and 100 and can’t be bothered to split them down. :lol:

Superb lots to simply tuck away for a Rainy Day, or keep half, and sell half on ebay as singles or in 5s or 10s etc, and make a nice buck and keep yours "free". TWO BUCKS APIECE to tuck some away is the real deal!

My prices are as follows, subject to change as always with zero notice unless you have typed "SOLD" -
1. 20 x MUH Koala sheets - $A80 = $US60 (Stock 284TE)

2. 50 x MUH Koala sheets $A150 = $US112 (Stock 284TF)

3. 100 x MUH Koala sheets $A225 = $US170 (Stock 284TG)

4. 200 x MUH Koala sheets $A400 = $US300 (Stock 284TH)
If you want part or all of this order cancelled neatly, no extra cost. CLEARLY specify it though. I.e. "284TF - 25 mint and 25 CTO" - no problems at all. Indeed used will be 100 times scarcer than mint.

I had some crisply cancelled First Day Issue - December 2, 2016 and am near out of stock of those now. Ebay price is $250 a SINGLE used Mini Sheet!

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2016-1-FIAP-China-Show-Australia- ... 2564520147

VERY small stock on hand, and “First In, Best Dressed”, and I suspect not another dealer in Australia has more than a few about, if any at all.

$A80 plus global post

Call it - "China Koala : Stock 284T?" - please order via new HTTPS encrypted SECURE site - https://tinyurl.com/GlenOrder

And please do that NOW. Too many think “I’ll do that later” and then quickly “forget”. I then lose the stamps in the rubble here, and waste an annoying hour finding them again. :twisted:
All payment details etc are on: https://www.tinyurl.com/GlenPay - NICE franking is used when I mail : see member pix of that franking here - https://tinyurl.com/GlenCTO - and COMBINED POSTAGE is fine - save big money buying more than 1 lot at once!

For overseas members, to find out the approx cost in YOUR currency, click here - https://www.xe.com - the $A has CRASHED lately, and for USA buyers etc, these prices are REALLY cheap in your money!

MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - don't like it - mail it back within 48 hours of receiving it. No-one ever has yet. :)

Remember, adding another lot of mine (posted by either Admin, GlenStephens or Global Administrator or ozstamps) here (or on my website https://www.glenstephens.com/rarity.html ) for sale in general adds ZERO to your shipping cost, so have a good look at what is on offer here, in case something else appeals:

And "lay-by/layaway" is always possible - email me with any queries to glen [at] glenstephens.com - OR "trade-ins" always possible! If you have a pile of surplus stuff, I may well be happy to offset that against this item, see: https://tinyurl.com/GlenBuy

As most know - I do NO fairs or shows, have NO shop, and do NOT bother with ebay or any other auctions. I buy endless bulk lots from Estates, and distress sales etc, in this massive city of 6 million, with no other real stamp buyers, and offer it here at NETT prices for fast turnover. NO "20%-25% Buyer Fees" and “3% credit card fees” to add to my NETT prices, as in auction!

Many similar mouth-watering NETT price offers are being loaded weekly onto - https://tinyurl.com/GlenRare and https://tinyurl.com/GlenSpec

All stampboards lots $A100 and under are generally mailed Unregistered and untracked at YOUR total risk, unless YOU specifically note otherwise on order form. 1000s of my transactions here for 10 years have been safe by normal post. :idea:

Orders over $100 are normally sent Registered (PO cover is to $A100 only sadly) - cost is extra $A4 local, and minimum $A16 ($US12) extra foreign, depending on weight. Only YOU know if your street or Apartment address is secure - a large packet covered in pretty stamps left outside, just might tempt passers-by? Only YOU know that, I do not. Mail contractors these days are often lazy and leave packets on top of mailboxes etc in view of public, and/or out in wet weather etc. PO Boxes are FAR safer. :idea:

"All Risk" Insurance is always possible if required as well, and is cheap at $A2 per $100 covered - and all are strongly advised to use this, and I will, unless asked not to. Full detail on all of this - https://tinyurl.com/Glen2-15 It is like Travel Insurance - decline that when booking your ticket, and THEN tell Qantas you really meant to take it 3 weeks back, and you now need to cancel your ticket for no penalty, and see how you go with THAT one! :lol: :lol:

As per stampboard convention - this lot is offered exclusively first to board members - and on no other sales venue.

For members who make a BANK TRANSFER or Money Order etc, you WILL generally get your goods faster, as it saves me some hassle - but you MUST email me the confirmation number etc - many "forget"! :)
9deadcanarys
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Re: Aust 2016 CHINA Koala Sheet with WRONG date: $A2 each!

Post by 9deadcanarys »

SOLD 284TF 25 MINT 25 CTO. Richard. Order about to be done.
R.H.L.PETERS
DaveA
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Re: Aust 2016 "CHINA" Koala M/Sheet with WRONG date: $A2 eac

Post by DaveA »

Hi Glen,

One for me please. Stock 284TE, 20 x MUH koala sheets.

Have filled out the order, thanks.

Dave
PennyBlack1840

Post by PennyBlack1840 »

Glen

Can I have 100 please, 50 mint 50 cto, I will email you regarding payment etc.
Lyleg

Post by Lyleg »

Hi Glen

Sold to me Lyleg Koala Sheets Stock 284TE, 10 mint & 10 CTO

thank you, order on way very soon.

Lyleg
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Thanks Folks ... all in the mail already. :)

More here for anyone who wants them. I have a feeling these will be a 'sleeper'. :idea:

Glen
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
blueparrot
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by blueparrot »

Hi Glen,

Can I have 25 MUH and 25 CTO please.

Please please can you hold the posting so I can add to it?

Mike
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Done deal Mike. :mrgreen:

Have charged and put aside, in case I run out - this way they are locked in for you!
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
GregN
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by GregN »

Hi Glen,

If any left this order below sold to me thanks

Greg

3. (Stock 284TG)...50No x MUH Koala sheets and 50No x cancelled CTO at $A225 = $US170
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

100 in the mail today to Cape Town to Greg. :D

A collector told me today he believed this $1 stamp was a DIFFERENT perforation to the original 2004 issued $1 of the exact same design.

I never assume such claims are true, but certainly hoped it WAS! 8)

So I went and got the original $1 Koala stamp from stock - SG 2399. SG states that is perforated 14 x 14½. I measured it with my "INSTANTA", and that is 100% correct and accurate.

I measured the new version, which is 14 x 13½ exactly. Perf 13½ is a very LARGE difference to 14½. :idea:
I’ll pass this surprising new discovery on to the Stanley Gibbons Catalogue Editor for their information, and suggest they consider listing these as SG 2399b - perf 14 x 13½. Pricing as always, is in their hands.

The main criterion SG have for listing anything new, is that it be sold at FACE VALUE, and that no artificial restrictions be placed on supply. The Australia Post “Bulletin” of November clearly announced this issue in advance - see screen shot below.

Most folks went GA-GA over the "Jewel Beetles" sheets which have sold for $1,750 a set on ebay, and overlooked this poor little Koala, as no-one had any idea it was a different perforation to the original! :mrgreen:

As can be seen, PO clearly stated in advance of issue, they would be on sale Mint or CTO via mail order, via Post Offices nationally, and via the PO website. And of course were freely on sale at the China show from December 2, at face value.

These were certainly on sale for a time on the PO website at $1 each, as a client pointed them out to me in December, who had ordered some. They have not been on the website for a month or two now, as large numbers are generally not printed for overseas shows, and they sell out fast.

Those who collect FDC could have had them serviced December 2 in the usual fashion. Even neatly affixing a December 2 CTO mini sheet onto a blank cover becomes a FDC of course, as Dec 2 cancel is wholly on the sheet. :D

The “Bulletin” of course did not mention the different perforation (I only found that out today) nor the error with the “2004” micro date being left on the plate - indeed I am sure they had no idea of either, to be honest!

I took both $1 stamps, and scanned them from the back, as the perfs show clearly on back, and as can be seen, they start off matching perfectly at top and base, and then deviate sharply soon after, being totally different gauges. They line up again about half way down the stamp, and the teeth start falling out of kilter soon after, as you can see.

Lots of folks globally collect significant perforation variations. The $1 Navigator stamp from Australia has a far smaller perforation variance, but remains keenly sought. SG 401 is cat £1.50, but SG 401c is cat £80. One is perforated 14.3, and the scarcer perf variety is 14.8. A TINY variation, and half as much variance as this one.
= = = =

All those above who have PAID for their orders got lucky and got them at the best price. Like many of my offers here of hot modern material, prices go up, and as from this post, the prices have increased in view of the amazing discovery of their being a totally different PERFORATION!

The “30c ADELAIDE 2016” sets I started selling to members for $50, then $100, then $250, then $500, then $1000, then $1500, and they are now $2000 a set 6, so those who ordered FAST end up well pleased usually, on these modern items! Many members sold them back to me - made an obscene profit, and paid no fees or commissions. And gave me more stock to pass on.

My remaining stock of KOALAS is now getting VERY low, and the new prices are below.

My new prices and new stock codes are as follows, subject to change as always with zero notice, unless you have already typed "SOLD" here -
1. 20 x MUH Koala sheets - $A100 = $US75 (Stock 284TL)

2. 50 x MUH Koala sheets $A200 = $US150 (Stock 284TM)

3. 100 x MUH Koala sheets $A300 = $US225 (Stock 284TP)

4. 200 x MUH Koala sheets $A500 = $US375 (Stock 284TQ)
If you want part or all of this order cancelled neatly, no extra cost. CLEARLY specify it though. i.e. "284TM - 25 mint and 25 CTO" - no problems at all. Indeed used will I am guessing, be 100 times scarcer than mint. :mrgreen:

VERY small stock on hand now, and “First In, Best Dressed”, and I suspect not another dealer in Australia has more than a few about, if any at all.
DaveA

Post by DaveA »

Hi Glen

Can I get 50 more MUH Koala sheets please.

Have already placed my order for these and also some stockbooks.

Thanks

Dave
GregN

Post by GregN »

Hi Glen,

Please set aside another 100 for me as sold.

50 CTO stamped, and 50 MUH.

Order number 284TP

Thanks

Greg
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

OK guys .. both these new orders confirmed. :)

Glen
blueparrot

Re: Aust 2016 "CHINA" Koala M/S with WRONG Date & Perf: $2½

Post by blueparrot »

Hi Glen,

Can I have 284tp, 25 cto, 25 muh please.

Please add to my building stored pile please!

Thank you & kindest regards.

Mike Peters
blueparrot

Post by blueparrot »

oops.
wrong number........
sould be 284 tq (I think)

Mike
blueparrot

Post by blueparrot »

284 TM,

was good number, SORRY

Mike.

(all these code numbers are busting my brains now-a-days)
tmould
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by tmould »

Hi Glen

Can I get 20 x MUH Koala sheets - $A100 = $US75 (Stock 284TL) sold to me?

10 MUH, 10CTO

Thanks
Tom
You don't need a parachute to skydive - You need a parachute to skydive AGAIN!
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Global Administrator wrote:
All those above who have PAID for their orders got lucky and got them at the best price. Like many of my offers here of hot modern material, prices go up, and as from this post, the prices have increased in view of the amazing discovery of their being a totally different PERFORATION!

The “30c ADELAIDE 2016” sets I started selling to members for $50, then $100, then $250, then $500, then $1000, then $1500, and they are now $2000 a set 6, so those who ordered FAST end up well pleased usually, on these modern items! Many members sold them back to me - made an obscene profit, and paid no fees or commissions. And gave me more stock to pass on.
I have absolutely no idea WHAT blueparrot is ordering, and sadly he did not do an order form, so I will never know. :roll:

Demand getting strong on these and re-pricing my last stocks very soon. :idea:
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Aust 2016 "CHINA" Koala M/S with WRONG Date & Perf: $A3

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2016-1-FIAP-China-Show-Australia- ... 2564520147

Gotta luvvvvvvvvv Ebay sellers! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

This guy has the used sheets at $A300 each. I have them below at $A3 each!

All with clear Dec 2 cds FDI Cancels.

Very fair advance warning was given in last post that new prices were in the wind.

One Melbourne dealer today wanted me to work out a job lot price for all my remaining stock, as he is getting retail enquiries after the current Magazine article which is creating much retail interest.

I always prefer to sell direct to clients, as like with the 'Adelaide 30c' sets, if prices rise, the buyers often sell them back to me at a very good solid profit, and hence I make more sales in future. Never occurs when a dealer buys me out. 8)

So these are the new prices below. Folks who complete order forms and PAY, will be supplied. Those that don't, will miss out. As always. :lol: :lol: :lol:

And PLEASE get the stock Codes correct - it is not hard at all. I can't read minds. :lol: :lol: :lol:

My new prices and new stock codes are as follows, subject to change as always with zero notice, unless you have already typed "SOLD" here -
1. 20 x MUH Koala sheets - $A120 = $US90 (Stock 284TU)

2. 50 x MUH Koala sheets $A250 = $US190 (Stock 284TV)

3. 100 x MUH Koala sheets $A400 = $US300 (Stock 284TW)

4. 200 x MUH Koala sheets $A600 = $US450 (Stock 284TX)
If you want part or all of this order cancelled neatly, no extra cost. CLEARLY specify it though. i.e. "284TV - 25 mint and 25 CTO" - no problems at all. Indeed used will I am guessing, be 100 times scarcer than mint. :mrgreen:

VERY small stock on hand now, and “First In, Best Dressed”, and I suspect not another dealer in Australia has more than a few about, if any at all.
rjbahnsen

Post by rjbahnsen »

Hi Glen

- 2. 50 x MUH Koala sheets $A250 (Stock 284TV)

Sold to Richard
rjbahnsen

Post by rjbahnsen »

To clarify - SOLD "284TF - 25 mint and 25 CTO" - to Richard
SteveArchibald
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Post by SteveArchibald »

Hi Glen,

First time buyer here and looking forward to carrying on with my Dad's collecting. Have sent through the order form.

Thanks Glen, great site and forum by the way, so much info. Thanks.

Kind Regards
Steve
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

OK, all orders for which order forms were complete, are now mailed. :)

Getting right down in stock now. :idea:

They are $250 EACH on the wacky world of ebay - $3 each from me. :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2016-1-FIAP-China-Show-Australia- ... 2564520147

Glen
BjSlark

Post by BjSlark »

Hello Glen,
Sold to me, Stock #284TU

10 CTO, 10 MUH Please.

Thank you & Best Regards,

BjSlark
BjSlark
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

BJ .. all mailed this week .. sorry got lost on my desk! :lol: :lol:

Almost out of stock now, if anyone missed these. :)

Return to “Sold lots, or threads moved by mods as they did not qualify via the rules”