How many here are members on postcrossing.com?

Stampboards has 1000s of regular readers who WILL take the time to help out even with the most basic question. If you are new to stamps - or taking up the hobby after a long break, there is a lot to learn. PLEASE do not be shy in asking the simplest of questions .. members here will be delighted to help you with the answers!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Waffle
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Re: How many here are members on postcrossing.com?

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Russia(multiple) with Cuban,Republic of Malagasy and U.K. stamps on reverse of previous Italian area card.Postmarked Koppecroraehunn?
Stamp of Russia(multiple) with Cuban,Republic of Malagasy and U.K. stamps on reverse of previous Italian area card.Postmarked Koppecroraehunn?
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

kuikka
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by kuikka »

Waffle wrote:
18 Jan 2021 09:56
I now have 4 postcrossing cards, all taller than they are broad. They will probably turn sideways. Does anyone else get this hassle and how can you stop it from happening?

It has been reported on these boards that if you post from iPhones (if I remember correctly) the photos may have will of their own regarding the orientation.

I don't use iPhone, so I cannot test my theory, but I assume that the photos return to their original orientation. If so, take a new photo (instead of rotating the photo) if the orientation is not right.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

They are ,NOT posted from I phones. I do not have an I phone.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

kuikka

Post by kuikka »

OK, then it is just for your information that you face a similar problem as iPhone users do.

kuikka

Post by kuikka »

Slightly off the topic.

In Finland Posti delivers its own pack of advertisements which are either in this advertisement or in between it.

Advertisement leaflet
Advertisement leaflet

However, this week the back page had an add that may be of interest for readers of this thread:

Add
Add

Rough translation follows
Would you go traveling the world with the wings of postcards?

Postcrossing is a hobby where one brings joy to random members around the world with postcards. In return same number of postcards are coming to your mailbox. There are already more than 790 000 Postcrossers in 210 countries.

Starting is easy and free of charge. After you have registered at postcrossing.com site you get recipient address and the code you write to the card in addition to your greeting. When the recipient has registered the code in your card, your address is given in return to some other participant somewhere in the world.

Every participant has their own profile page where they can tell shortly about themselves and for example what kind of cards they especially like. However, one can send any kind of cards. From Finland people like for example Moomin cards, Grand mom cards of Inge Löök and for example Northern lights cards. There are lots of different wishes. The design of Finnish postage stamps is also considered excellent around the world.

Compared to the population, Finns are the most active Postcrossers. We are more than 20 000 and we have sent 3,5 million cards. In the fall 2015 the world's first postcrossers association was founded in Finland.

You can start your hobby at
postcrossing.com

More about the association and its activities at
postcrossingyhdistys.fi

FairyFoot
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by FairyFoot »

In my first year or so on the Postcrossing website, there was a feeling of "not another postcard to/from Finland!"
I am a Penpaller and Stamp User. I send therefore I receive. I blog here. I also have a snailmail forum.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card of a potato harvest waiting to be gathered in. No Not from Ireland. Even though tall, stayed upright when posted.
Card of a potato harvest waiting to be gathered in. No Not from Ireland. Even though tall, stayed upright when posted.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Germany on reverse of the potato field card with an interesting Pied Piper stamp.
Stamp of Germany on reverse of the potato field card with an interesting Pied Piper stamp.

TimurNN
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by TimurNN »

VQyLLfrN96E.jpg
Today I received a postcard from Simferopol (Crimea). It depicts the castle Swallow's Nest
I usually collect coins and banknotes, but when it comes to stamps with owls or postage stamps issued by fantastic, self-proclaimed, micronations and virtual states (Seborga, Lundy, Sealand, Hutt River, Wirtland and others), then this is what I need.

FairyFoot

Post by FairyFoot »

60 million postcards have now been registered - what an achievement. My guess was just a few hours out.
I am a Penpaller and Stamp User. I send therefore I receive. I blog here. I also have a snailmail forum.

dancux

Post by dancux »

TimurNN wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:40
I also do postcrossing ;)

I love sending postcards from trips, at this time I collect applications for postcards on my instagram and those who fall in postcrossing.com. During our postal expedition, my colleague and I sent about 150 postcards in 5 days.
Hi Timur,
your postal expeditions sound interesting.
What is your instagram? Would like to follow your expeditions there.

TimurNN

Post by TimurNN »

Hi dancux!

My instagram: https://www.instagram.com/timurnn/

I will be glad to show you some interesting places

dancux wrote:
26 Jan 2021 18:10
TimurNN wrote:
03 Jan 2021 18:40
I also do postcrossing ;)

I love sending postcards from trips, at this time I collect applications for postcards on my instagram and those who fall in postcrossing.com. During our postal expedition, my colleague and I sent about 150 postcards in 5 days.
Hi Timur,
your postal expeditions sound interesting.
What is your instagram? Would like to follow your expeditions there.
I usually collect coins and banknotes, but when it comes to stamps with owls or postage stamps issued by fantastic, self-proclaimed, micronations and virtual states (Seborga, Lundy, Sealand, Hutt River, Wirtland and others), then this is what I need.

dancux

Post by dancux »

Thank you Timur!

TimurNN

Post by TimurNN »

dancux wrote:
27 Jan 2021 05:14
Thank you Timur!
Welcome! ;)

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card with Crennelations from The Czech Republic. Taller than it is wide . Will it turn sideways? Well I never, it did not!
Card with Crennelations from The Czech Republic. Taller than it is wide . Will it turn sideways? Well I never, it did not!

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Czech Republic on reverse of above card.
Stamp of Czech Republic on reverse of above card.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card of Marianska Hora in Slovakia Spectacular picture.
Card of Marianska Hora in Slovakia Spectacular picture.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Slovakia on reverse of above card.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Another scenically beautifull Slovakian card, this time of Pieniny.
Another scenically beautifull Slovakian card, this time of Pieniny.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Japanese Maxi card
Japanese Maxi card

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Japan on reverse of above card. Note the red unofficial personal postcrossing cancellation.
Stamp of Japan on reverse of above card. Note the red unofficial personal postcrossing cancellation.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card from the Netherlands, National Flower up front.
Card from the Netherlands, National Flower up front.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The Netherlands 2014 International value on reverse of above card.
Stamp of The Netherlands 2014 International value on reverse of above card.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card from the Netherlands Face
Card from the Netherlands Face
Card from the Netherlands Back surface
Card from the Netherlands Back surface

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of the Netherlands 2021, A virtual "stamp" ordered and paid for over the internet.Details emailed to the sender to write in the stamp space. THE FUTURE!
Stamp of the Netherlands 2021, A virtual "stamp" ordered and paid for over the internet.Details emailed to the sender to write in the stamp space. THE FUTURE!

dancux

Post by dancux »

S_ummer87 wrote:
20 Jun 2020 21:00
Heleni wrote:
19 Jun 2020 06:55

Wow, this chain card is truly magnificent! :o Never heard of this before, might try it as well.
Its fun and very interesting. Due to covid though, a lot of my chaincards are on hold :(
Feel free to email me if you'd like to join for chain card projects on Instagram!
Hi S_ummer87, these chain cards seem cool. How can I join a chain?

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card from a postcrosser in Switzerland, not a picture card but made up of lots of foreign stamps which she make as a hobby.
Card from a postcrosser in Switzerland, not a picture card but made up of lots of foreign stamps which she make as a hobby.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Switzerland on the reverse of above card.
Stamp of Switzerland on the reverse of above card.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Back of the envelope containing the Swiss multi stamp Card. As you can see it was opened by Australian Border force, suspecting it contained drugs. To their disappointment, all it contained was 2 glassines with 100 Swiss used stamps!
Back of the envelope containing the Swiss multi stamp Card. As you can see it was opened by Australian Border force, suspecting it contained drugs. To their disappointment, all it contained was 2 glassines with 100 Swiss used stamps!

guilloutran
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Post by guilloutran »

Waffle wrote:
10 Feb 2021 07:50
Haha. Wondered what they've thought!

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Next time I will tell her to fill the envelope with talcum powder and give them something to investigate.Not to be sneezed at!
Postcard from Russia of leo Tolstoy, author of War And Peace,Anna Karenina among many others.
Postcard from Russia of leo Tolstoy, author of War And Peace,Anna Karenina among many others.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Russia on reverse of above card. Nice stamps, almost returning to pre-revolutionary designs.
Stamp of Russia on reverse of above card. Nice stamps, almost returning to pre-revolutionary designs.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card from Germany with painting by Konstantin Alexejewitsch Korowin from 1890.
Card from Germany with painting by Konstantin Alexejewitsch Korowin from 1890.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Germany 2019 on reverse of above card.
Stamp of Germany 2019 on reverse of above card.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Post card of a leaf from Germany.
Post card of a leaf from Germany.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Germany with heavy Australian cancellation on reverse of above card.
Stamp of Germany with heavy Australian cancellation on reverse of above card.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

card from Russia with very obvious title. Sounds like a James Bond film in the making.
card from Russia with very obvious title. Sounds like a James Bond film in the making.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamps of Russia on reverse of above card.
Stamps of Russia on reverse of above card.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Card from Germany of a branch/fruit from a yellow peach.
Card from Germany of a branch/fruit from a yellow peach.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Germany 2020 on reverse of above card.
Stamp of Germany 2020 on reverse of above card.

Return to “NO question is too basic or silly - you ask - we WILL help you with it!”