Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Discussion of anything you like. Sport, stamps, politics, religion, weather, world disasters, news articles - whatever. Things generally NOT stamp related belong in here. Please keep it CIVIL and polite though! We encourage lively discussion on all things.

Moderators: gmoney, Volunteer Moderator Team

User avatar
uncadonego
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 9372
Joined: 25 Sep 2010 14:36
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by uncadonego »

When a woman accuses a man of sexual assault, that man gets his day in court, not seven bullets in the back. All things being equal that amounts to over 140 bullets in Trump's back.

User avatar
GUTTERS
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!
Posts: 1690972
Joined: 25 Jul 2007 09:02
Location: At the base of the Blue Mountains Sydney Australia

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by GUTTERS »

uncadonego wrote:
12 Sep 2020 19:53
When a woman accuses a man of sexual assault, that man gets his day in court, not seven bullets in the back. All things being equal that amounts to over 140 bullets in Trump's back.
All that being equal the press are going have to step up and give Trump super hero status and a purge will be needed, maybe a 72 hour time frame ( with democrat deaths only)
I AM ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE
South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL Premiers 1908, 1909, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 2014

User avatar
Brit-Col
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
Posts: 1608
Joined: 01 Nov 2012 17:48
Location: North Texas, USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by Brit-Col »

maszki wrote:
12 Sep 2020 19:22
Brit-Col wrote:
12 Sep 2020 10:52
maszki wrote:
12 Sep 2020 07:10
...and yes I acknowledge right wing bias as it attempts to balance the lies and distortions from the left, as that is exactly what I have been attempting to do with my posts
So.... media bias is good insofar as it supports one’s world view, but it’s automatically fake news when it doesn’t?

BC
No Brit-Col....not even close, and none of it is 'fake' news...just selective, incomplete (incompetent?) to support the 'world view'.
Fine. But the issue for this thread is not Floyd and Blake; the facts in those cases will come out in the eventual trials and I am sure will be reported by both the left-leaning and the right-leaning media.

The issue for this thread is Donald Trump. And how the media is influencing the election both against him and for him. And whether having different points of view expressed by different media outlets is a good thing or a bad thing.

BC

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

uncadonego wrote:
12 Sep 2020 19:53
When a woman accuses a man of sexual assault, that man gets his day in court, not seven bullets in the back. All things being equal that amounts to over 140 bullets in Trump's back.
Typical left leaning comment. Now add the additional facts...there was a warrant for his arrest, accused of criminal trespass, disorderly conduct and 3rd-degree sexual assault....to which should be added resisting arrest and perhaps other charges.

The officers attempted to restrain him, even used a taser but without effect. He was ordered by the police to stop, not to enter the car but he ignored them...and a weapon was later found in his car.

The US law in relation to this sort of case is based upon a pair of Supreme Court decisions — Tennessee v. Garner and Graham v. Connor — set up a framework for determining when deadly force by cops is reasonable. The key to both the legal standards — defense of life and fleeing a violent felony — is that it doesn’t matter whether there is an actual threat when force is used. Instead, what matters is the officer’s “objectively reasonable” belief that there is a threat.

The media publishes an incomplete, inadequate version of events and the dumbed down ideologs leap to protest, riot, loot....

....and No uncadonega, I do not condone what happened. I wasn't there and so I do not know what fears the officer felt by Blake's refusal to comply with the LAWFUL orders of the police; nor do I know whether the officer was carrying a semi- or fully- automatic (machine) pistol...all of which is relevant information in determining the rights and wrongs of this event.

As to the inane comment relating to Trump...I think Trump will have to change his closing remarks. No longer God bless America...now it should be God help America...as that nation spirals out of control based upon the evils of US 'exceptionalism' and media inadequacy.

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

Brit-Col..."The issue for this thread is Donald Trump. And how the media is influencing the election both against him and for him. And whether having different points of view expressed by different media outlets is a good thing or a bad thing."

Of course it is a good thing. The more complete are the published facts about Trump then the better is the opportunity for the voter to make a valued judgement as to his merits for a second term.

Equally all the facts about Biden should be published.. including the sexual assault accusations, his blackmailing of the Ukrainian President, his 'hands on' problems and accusations of corruption...warts and all for both candidates

As I post, the media is currently in two minds. The left leaning media is under full sail...but in several instances based upon false, incomplete and misleading 'facts'; and the right leaning media is under attack, denigrated, and in some cases banned or censored. There is no level playing field.

The voter is currently being fed incomplete and blatantly biased 'facts' by an unquestioning media.

User avatar
stallzer
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 4936
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 00:46
Location: Newport, MN USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by stallzer »

You’ve officially achieved Trump denial syndrome level 10. It’s all the media’s fault and the right has been censored, what a steaming pile of denial. Last I saw Fox is still running their 24/7 news channel.

Your arguments are weak and have zero basis or facts to back them. Please post multiple credible sources that back your claim of 37% of Doctors in 30 countries. Please don’t come back with one news article from Russia.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

User avatar
uncadonego
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 9372
Joined: 25 Sep 2010 14:36
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by uncadonego »

Oh man, he had a gun in his car. Gotta shoot him 7 times in the back!
rittenhouse.jpg
But ignore this guy who came from out of state with an AR-15 to " defend businesses"
About 15 minutes before the shooting, officers throw a water bottle in response to Rittenhouse’s request. An officer then said to Rittenhouse’s group, “We appreciate you guys, we really do.”
STICKERS-photo-1.jpg
And the "Christian Right" has already raised a million for this murderer. The stickers specifically say it's about "white people"

Think the cops would have thrown a water bottle to a black man walking through a protest with an AR-15?

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

stallzer wrote:
13 Sep 2020 03:42
You’ve officially achieved Trump denial syndrome level 10. It’s all the media’s fault and the right has been censored, what a steaming pile of denial. Last I saw Fox is still running their 24/7 news channel.

Your arguments are weak and have zero basis or facts to back them. Please post multiple credible sources that back your claim of 37% of Doctors in 30 countries. Please don’t come back with one news article from Russia.
The quote regarding 37% of doctors from 30 countries who identified Hydroxychloroquine plus zinc and an antibiotic as their most effective therapy comes from a poll conducted by Sermo (you can research its profile). That poll identified 6227 doctors in 30 countries of which 2171 doctors identified as COVID19 treaters (you're smart enough to research the poll) and of which 37% considered Hydroxychloroquine as an effective treatment.

As to your first paragraph....why don't you do something really novel... by actually rebutting the issues I raised. Put me back in my assigned place as a racist old white guy by providing some links that show that Floyd did not have a fatal level of Fentanyl in his blood; that he was not lying on the ground because that is where he asked to be put; that he did not say he could not breath a number of times before he was removed from the police car and placed on the ground (because he was claustrophobic).

Provide me also with a link that shows that Blake was complying with police direction, that he was not resisting arrest and that the police were not fearful that he (Blake) had a weapon in his car

Then address the issue of the inadequate, incomplete and selective reporting of the incidents.

Please note that not once in this post did I reference a Russian media source...

User avatar
stallzer
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 4936
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 00:46
Location: Newport, MN USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by stallzer »

I debunked your Sermo article 5 pages back, or was it in the other thread? I’ve grown tired of shredding your “facts” and every time we do you simply ignore the results. The fact that you are making a case for the Police in the deaths of Floyd and the other guy is mind boggling.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

uncadonego, this particular theme within the Trump topic is related to the place that the media plays in forming or directing public opinion....such as the Washington Post and its headlined "President Trump made 19,127 false or misleading claims in 1,226 days"

On this and several other topics, I have been addressing one of those 'lies or misleading claims.... Hydroxychloroquine; the relevant WP narrative being "The coronavirus pandemic has spawned a whole new genre of Trump’s falsehoods. The category in just a few months has reached 800 claims, with his advocacy for hydroxychloroquine as a possible cure, based on minimal and flimsy evidence, already reaching Bottomless Pinocchio status."

I have yet to find any comment by Trump in which he claims it was a cure. He has certainly said 'one of the biggest game-changers'; “I sure as hell think we ought to give it a try.”; “there are some very strong, powerful signs”...but not 'It is a cure"...can someone provide me with a link to such a statement?

Relative to the 'lie'...I invite you also to read the Sermo poll results which concluded that the drug is an 'effective therapy' against COVID19

I have made several comments in relation to media reports regarding Floyd and Blake and, as I did with Stallzer, I invite you to rebut those media comments....with facts, not opinion.

I don't believe I have commented on Stampboards about Rittenhouse...but I could be wrong because I recall posting this article (somewhere) as I think it sums up not only the Rittenhouse incident but also is applicable to the Floyd and Blake incidents https://www.bullshido.net/anatomy-of-a-catastrophe/

From that article the quote "I keep returning to the same conclusion. To be blunt, it should not have been possible for this intricate chain of stupidity to have as many links as it does. Multiple systems failed in a very specific order to produce this outcome, and several people demonstrated astonishingly low levels of forethought in their actions."

I invite you to read the article.

Addendum..the above quote about stupidity and low levels of forethought......Blake would not have been shot if he had complied with the police order to stop and show his hands. Similarly, Floyd MAY have been treated differently if he had responded to the police officer when he was asked if he was 'on something'

Worth thinking about?

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

stallzer wrote:
13 Sep 2020 19:22
I debunked your Sermo article 5 pages back, or was it in the other thread? I’ve grown tired of shredding your “facts” and every time we do you simply ignore the results. The fact that you are making a case for the Police in the deaths of Floyd and the other guy is mind boggling.
Stallzer 'facts' can neither be debunked or 'shredded', just denigrated or disputed...you continue to simply deny all and every comment that might actually portray Trump in a light to which you do not agree....for example you still do not accept that prior to 31 January 2020 Trump issued an executive order banning foreign nationals from entering the USA if they had been in China at any time over the previous 2 weeks,,,,why is that?

I do not 'make a case' for the police in either (or any) case, they will stand or fall by their actions and comments. I note that you will not (cannot) dispute the evidence that Floyd was affected by Fentanyl; you do not rebut that when he was pushed into the police vehicle he was calling out that he was claustrophobic; that while in the car he said he could not breath; you do not dispute that he asked to be taken out of the car and laid on the ground'; you dispute NOTHING yet you claim that I am 'making a case' for the police.

NO Stallzer the police video and quotes make the case for the police....video and quotes that you are unable to rebut or debunk....all you are doing now is denigrating the messenger in the hope of diverting attention away from reality.

As to Blake...my comment to uncadonego...Blake would not have been shot if he had complied with the police direction to stop and show his hands....are you now going to discuss whether it was a lawful order? Perhaps because he was a black man being arrested that he has 'rights' that us mere mortals do not have?

In the article that I posted in response to uncadonego, the word 'stupidity' is mentioned a few times. Why not look at the Floyd and Blake situations with that word foremost in your mind....hopefully assigning that stupidity to where it belongs.

Meantime, why is not our exchange being played out in the media?

Surely it is not because it would expose the popular narrative as a lie, as inadequate, incomplete, incompetent....dare I use the word... FAKED.

User avatar
Rigs
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
Posts: 525
Joined: 10 Apr 2019 15:51
Location: Port Macquarie, Australia

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by Rigs »

maszki wrote:
13 Sep 2020 20:36
stallzer wrote:
13 Sep 2020 19:22
I debunked your Sermo article 5 pages back, or was it in the other thread? I’ve grown tired of shredding your “facts” and every time we do you simply ignore the results. The fact that you are making a case for the Police in the deaths of Floyd and the other guy is mind boggling.
Stallzer 'facts' can neither be debunked or 'shredded', just denigrated or disputed...you continue to simply deny all and every comment that might actually portray Trump in a light to which you do not agree....for example you still do not accept that prior to 31 January 2020 Trump issued an executive order banning foreign nationals from entering the USA if they had been in China at any time over the previous 2 weeks,,,,why is that?

I do not 'make a case' for the police in either (or any) case, they will stand or fall by their actions and comments. I note that you will not (cannot) dispute the evidence that Floyd was affected by Fentanyl; you do not rebut that when he was pushed into the police vehicle he was calling out that he was claustrophobic; that while in the car he said he could not breath; you do not dispute that he asked to be taken out of the car and laid on the ground'; you dispute NOTHING yet you claim that I am 'making a case' for the police.

NO Stallzer the police video and quotes make the case for the police....video and quotes that you are unable to rebut or debunk....all you are doing now is denigrating the messenger in the hope of diverting attention away from reality.

As to Blake...my comment to uncadonego...Blake would not have been shot if he had complied with the police direction to stop and show his hands....are you now going to discuss whether it was a lawful order? Perhaps because he was a black man being arrested that he has 'rights' that us mere mortals do not have?

In the article that I posted in response to uncadonego, the word 'stupidity' is mentioned a few times. Why not look at the Floyd and Blake situations with that word foremost in your mind....hopefully assigning that stupidity to where it belongs.

Meantime, why is not our exchange being played out in the media?

Surely it is not because it would expose the popular narrative as a lie, as inadequate, incomplete, incompetent....dare I use the word... FAKED.
So Maszki, when Floyd said he can’t breathe when the knee was on his neck, the officer proceeded to suffocate him?

User avatar
Rigs
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
Posts: 525
Joined: 10 Apr 2019 15:51
Location: Port Macquarie, Australia

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by Rigs »

Rigs wrote:
13 Sep 2020 21:29
maszki wrote:
13 Sep 2020 20:36
stallzer wrote:
13 Sep 2020 19:22
I debunked your Sermo article 5 pages back, or was it in the other thread? I’ve grown tired of shredding your “facts” and every time we do you simply ignore the results. The fact that you are making a case for the Police in the deaths of Floyd and the other guy is mind boggling.
Stallzer 'facts' can neither be debunked or 'shredded', just denigrated or disputed...you continue to simply deny all and every comment that might actually portray Trump in a light to which you do not agree....for example you still do not accept that prior to 31 January 2020 Trump issued an executive order banning foreign nationals from entering the USA if they had been in China at any time over the previous 2 weeks,,,,why is that?

I do not 'make a case' for the police in either (or any) case, they will stand or fall by their actions and comments. I note that you will not (cannot) dispute the evidence that Floyd was affected by Fentanyl; you do not rebut that when he was pushed into the police vehicle he was calling out that he was claustrophobic; that while in the car he said he could not breath; you do not dispute that he asked to be taken out of the car and laid on the ground'; you dispute NOTHING yet you claim that I am 'making a case' for the police.

NO Stallzer the police video and quotes make the case for the police....video and quotes that you are unable to rebut or debunk....all you are doing now is denigrating the messenger in the hope of diverting attention away from reality.

As to Blake...my comment to uncadonego...Blake would not have been shot if he had complied with the police direction to stop and show his hands....are you now going to discuss whether it was a lawful order? Perhaps because he was a black man being arrested that he has 'rights' that us mere mortals do not have?

In the article that I posted in response to uncadonego, the word 'stupidity' is mentioned a few times. Why not look at the Floyd and Blake situations with that word foremost in your mind....hopefully assigning that stupidity to where it belongs.

Meantime, why is not our exchange being played out in the media?

Surely it is not because it would expose the popular narrative as a lie, as inadequate, incomplete, incompetent....dare I use the word... FAKED.
So Maszki, when Floyd said he can’t breathe when the knee was on his neck, the officer proceeded to suffocate him?

Doesn’t really matter what he was affected by, he said he couldn’t breathe.

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

Yes, he said he couldn't breath', he (Floyd) repeated that about 12- 14 times, in the police car, and when he was on the ground, Similarly he repeated that he was claustrophobic several times before, during and after he was placed in and removed from the police vehicle.

No doubt the jury during the trial (if it ever gets to trial) will watch/listen to the body camera recordings and determine whether Floyd's breathing and speech clarity are consistent with being asphyxiated.

The Medical Examiner concluded that he died of cardiac arrest, which I am sure will result in an interesting legal battle as two pathologists argue the merits of their conclusions based upon exactly the same 'facts'.

But I keep highlighting the discrepancies within the media coverage and the part that discrepancy plays in the wave of BLM protests and violence. The sooner this case comes to court and the 'facts' exposed the greater is the opportunity that sanity and logic might trump ignorance, hate and division....but I will not hold my breath for that to happen.

All and sundry (including the social and main stream media) hold Trump responsible for his actions and comments, why are not Floyd, Blake, Rittenhouse and others also held accountable for their actions...their stupidity? Why is it ONLY the police who are being held to account? Or is it that the popular myths/narratives are more important than the truth?

I asked this question before and never received an answer, so I will ask it again...would the BLM riots, looting, vandalism and murders have taken place if the media had accurately reported the facts, that a black convicted criminal, arrested for allegedly passing a counterfeit $20 note and suffering from a drug overdose, died whilst in police custody; an investigation into the circumstances of his death is on-going?

User avatar
satsuma
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 2949
Joined: 26 Dec 2015 13:52
Location: Auckland, New Zealand

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by satsuma »

maszki wrote:
13 Sep 2020 22:22

The sooner this case comes to court and the 'facts' exposed the greater is the opportunity that sanity and logic might trump ignorance, hate and division....
Possibly not the best choice of final verb. :lol: :lol:

User avatar
stallzer
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 4936
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 00:46
Location: Newport, MN USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by stallzer »

Maszki, I don’t think anyone is disputing that Floyd and Blake should have complied with the Police. What you are missing is the fact that our legal system is set up so that the Police are not the Judge, jury, and executioner. More diligence should have been applied to ensure a peaceful arrest.

When you have felony arrests issued in your name at some point you are going to have a bad meeting with the Police. Floyd was pinned to the street by 2 officers while 2 watched him die. I don’t care what drug he was on, nowhere in our country is the penalty for doing drugs a death sentence.

Both situations were avoidable and I don’t care what biased media reports, my eyes see just fine.
As far as Trump banning foreign nationals the debate was Trump stating he was the first leader that shut down travel from China. I have posted enough evidence to contradict that statement.
Don’t run away from your statement claiming he was.

Blaming the media for Trumps negative image is just annoying. The entire world is witnessing his stupidity. The media circus he creates is the same one he whines about constantly. He’s the one that brought Kanye West into the White House and convinced him to run for the Presidency to siphon off the black vote.

The reason a President turns over his tax records before taking office is to prove to the People that he won’t be using his position for personal gain. My dislike is due to things like this. I don’t like Presidents that fire every inspector general for Investigating his dirty dealings. These positions were created for exactly the reason why they were fired. I hope Cy Vance crucifies him.

As for your gaslighting on Floyd. Both of the autopsies by Hennepin county medical examiner and the on conducted by the family both report cause of death was homicide. There are differences in some details but again, both state homicide. Here is a Doctors perspective on the Floyd death.

https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/voices/george-floyds-au ... f-america/
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

We are slowly getting there Stallzer.

"More diligence?" Tell me YOUR method of restraining a person who shrugs of being tasered, totally ignores police orders to stop and show his hands; and who you fear may have a weapon in his vehicle which he is reaching for and which he may use to kill you. You have seconds to make your decision Stallzer...too late.

"More diligence"...great words...totally meaningless in 'live or die' situations.

"Floyd was pinned to the street by 2 officers while 2 watched him die." No Stallzer. Follow the time line and listen to the video. He was removed from the police car and lain on the ground at HIS request because he claimed he couldn't breath and was claustrophobic. The police called for a medical first responder and were waiting for that vehicle to arrive.

A great- but meaningless- play on words once again. Floyd had a level of Fentanyl in his system which probably contributed to his cardiac arrest. The legal 'penalty' for drug taking is stipulated by the legislation and the Courts. The 'result' of taking a drug over-dose is usually death....as it probably was in this instance.

If I said Trump was the first to ban travel from China then I was wrong. He was one of the first, along with Russia, New Zealand, Philippines, Iraq, Indonesia, Australia and others timed sometime in the last days of January. By Feb 2, the date that Trump's ban came into effect 37 other countries had or were imposing bans, so you are quite correct in calling me to account if I claimed the USA was the first country to do so.

"Blaming the media for Trumps negative image is just annoying"....maybe to you, but I will stand by that opinion. His 'negative image results in part from the media's failure to provide 'full exposure' to borrow a phrase. Incomplete, inadequate and downright false reporting of Trump's success and failures contribute to that negative image.

The President is under no obligation to publicly release his tax records...it is a convention that past President's have done so but it is not a legal requirement. There is a federal tax law that specifically states if the chairman of the House Ways and Means Committee makes a written request for an individual’s tax returns — as Rep. Richard Neal has done seeking Trump’s — the Treasury secretary “shall furnish” those returns (not Trump). The law says those returns would be reviewed confidentially in an executive session.

I understand that Trump has initiated legal action which is delaying those returns being presented to Congress.

Stallzer, so the 'cause' of Floyd's death was homicide? Silly me.... for actually thinking the cause of his death was because his heart stopped beating (Medical Examiner) or his air supply was interrupted (the paid for pathology report), I would have given more credence to the link you provided if they had not stated "inappropriately alluded to intoxicants, and failed to acknowledge the stark reality that but for the defendant’s knee on George Floyd’s neck, he would not be dead today."

That comment (in fact the entire article) is peurile...a childish claim that alluding to drugs is inappropriate....drug overdoses routinely result in the death of the drug taker either by itself or in conjunction with underlying health issues; and the 'stark reality' as to whether the policeman's knee on the side of Floyd's neck had anything to do with his death will be determined by a court...not a bevy of biased individuals. As I wrote earlier, the criminal case will determine, based upon the video recording whether Floyd was speaking and breathing 'normally' immediately prior to his death.

I know that social media and the main stream 'popular' media have the policeman hung out to dry...guilty as charged...and Madame Defarge is unpacking her knitting needles; but there is a hurdle yet to be negotiated....the Court hearing into the murder charges.

User avatar
stallzer
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 4936
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 00:46
Location: Newport, MN USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by stallzer »

So Floyd begging the officer to get off him and pleading with him calling him Sir to no avail is his own fault? Sorry, wrong on every angle. Believe it or not our Police are supposed to be trained in dealing with life and death situations but Floyd wasn’t resisting arrest, he was murdered plain and simple.

Interesting read, learn from it.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-two-autopsies-of-ge ... they-seem/

As for Blake, sorry but shooting someone in the back 7 times while claiming self defense isn’t a good sell. If the Atlanta officers fall for shooting that guy in the back then precedence will be established. Everyone saw it play out and regardless of the spin put on these 2 men the results are the same. They died at the hands of the Police and neither of them possessed a weapon. The knife in the Blake case is speculation at this point and there is no proof he ever had it in his hand.

Police shot him In less than 3 minutes aFlern arriving at the scene. Again, Police are not to play the roles of Judge, jury, and executioner.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/factcheck/2020/08/28/fac ... 653800002/

I don’t think anyone is claiming these men were Nobel prize winners and I fully expect that after his trial Blake will be going to prison as he should. Two felony arrest warrants will not be dismissed nor should they be. Both men probably met their destiny based on their lifestyles but neither deserved to die at that particular time and place.

John Oliver on last week tonight did a fantastic show on Police reform.


https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wf4cea5oObY
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

Thanks Stallzer, an interesting read which confirms the point I am making regarding the media, but confuses the issue even more in relation to cause of death and the part police restraint and other factors played in Floyd's death and Blakes wounding.

Interesting comment...“If you were to present that video to 100 different board certified forensic pathologists, you’d get 20, 30, 40 different ways of turning that into the statement of death,” he said. “This happens with about 5-to-10 percent of the cases we do.” (I assume they mean the 8 minute video, not the police body cameras which provide additional information)

If the forensic pathologists can't agree what chance does the public.

I appreciate the articles but I'll stick with my opinions for the moment.

The equation in its simplest form.......If you don't do the crime then in the vast majority of cases you do not get arrested and place yourself in a position where you could die (or be wounded) in police custody.

User avatar
stallzer
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 4936
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 00:46
Location: Newport, MN USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by stallzer »

I won’t disagree with that. Like I stated before, when you have 2 felony arrest warrants out for you it’s only a matter of time until you have a bad encounter with law enforcement. That being said I do believe the Police officer ( Derek Chauvin) that was responsible for killing George Floyd and will be sentenced to prison. I think he will commit suicide before he goes there because he knows he will be a marked man.

The Police officer that shot Blake I’m not so sure about. I think it depends on what happens to the Police in Atlanta that shot that man in the back after he resisted arrest and tried to run away.

The other officers in the Floyd killing will be fired, suspended, and the rookie will keep his job after filing a grievance with the police union. A rookie can always take the stance of not overriding a senior officer.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

User avatar
uncadonego
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 9372
Joined: 25 Sep 2010 14:36
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by uncadonego »

They won't (or at least shouldn't...) put Chauvin in gen pop. That is just a death sentence.

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

You're both jumping the gun a bit...Chauvin has to face court first, during which many issues will be raised.

Neck restraint is not prohibited in Minneapolis; the 'history of Floyd and Chauvin (they both worked for a local night club and apparently knew each other); what part drug ingestion played in his death (I cannot believe that, in the article you linked, so-called pathologists said his drug levels were irrelevant????). We have to sit back now and await the course of events.

I doubt that Chauvin will top himself as my reading of his personality is that he believes HE is a victim...that he has done nothing wrong...agree with uncadonego that if convicted he shouldn't be placed in the general population BUT that will just bring cries of preferential treatment.

User avatar
GUTTERS
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!
Posts: 1690972
Joined: 25 Jul 2007 09:02
Location: At the base of the Blue Mountains Sydney Australia

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by GUTTERS »

https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-carlson-democrats-anti- ... g-violence

Here we have a (black) police officer shot in the face and the spectators (yes I am calling them spectators because that is all they did) watched and laughed.

Were is your CNN and MSNBC reporting this, were are the riots (oops Protests).
I AM ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE
South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL Premiers 1908, 1909, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 2014

User avatar
capetriangle
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!
Posts: 6581
Joined: 20 Sep 2009 11:59
Location: Garden City, NY, USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by capetriangle »

maszki wrote:
15 Sep 2020 17:58

I doubt that Chauvin will top himself as my reading of his personality is that he believes HE is a victim...that he has done nothing wrong...agree with uncadonego that if convicted he shouldn't be placed in the general population BUT that will just bring cries of preferential treatment.
According to Wikipedia he and his wife who has filed for divorce are also facing a massive federal tax evasion case of over $450,000 in unreported income.

I agree with you and uncadonego that he should not be placed in the prison's general population if convicted.

Kindest regards

Richard

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

capetriangle wrote:
15 Sep 2020 23:25
maszki wrote:
15 Sep 2020 17:58

I doubt that Chauvin will top himself as my reading of his personality is that he believes HE is a victim...that he has done nothing wrong...agree with uncadonego that if convicted he shouldn't be placed in the general population BUT that will just bring cries of preferential treatment.
According to Wikipedia he and his wife who has filed for divorce are also facing a massive federal tax evasion case of over $450,000 in unreported income.

I agree with you and uncadonego that he should not be placed in the prison's general population if convicted.

Kindest regards

Richard
The story is that both he and Floyd were employed as security staff at a local night club....they must pay well.....

Confirmed...."The Washington County prosecutor's office announced Wednesday that Chauvin and his wife, Kellie May Chauvin, face charges of underreporting their joint income from 2014 through 2019 by $464,433, including more than $95,000 that Derek Chauvin earned from off-duty security work."

User avatar
stallzer
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 4936
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 00:46
Location: Newport, MN USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by stallzer »

The DA (Keith Ellison) actually did his due diligence in what charges to bring against Chauvin. Personally I would have gone after 3rd degree murder due to fear of an acquittal. It's going to be a hard sell to a jury but I believe public pressure will result in a verdict of guilty.

Now, back to our HMIC (head moron in charge). Looks like he decided to shoot himself in the foot again. His ego will be his downfall as he thought he could sweet talk Bob Woodward (Watergate journalist) into seeing things the Trump way and now he's realized he's going to get railed over his comments in his interviews and has admitted to down playing the pandemic.

Now of course Trump is scrambling along with his top advisors claiming it's another "political hit-job" when he himself refused to listen to his staff when warned about doing the interview. Now Woodward is about to release the book and appear on 60 minutes and in his book states “Trump is the wrong man for the job."

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/09/09/trump-bob-woodward- ... ket-newtab
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

User avatar
GUTTERS
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!
Posts: 1690972
Joined: 25 Jul 2007 09:02
Location: At the base of the Blue Mountains Sydney Australia

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by GUTTERS »

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2020/09/14/woodwar ... 4a72db53a7

Woodward Responds To Criticism He Sat On Vital Information From Trump Interviews

Jack Brewster Forbes Staff

TOPLINE After facing backlash for not immediately disclosing what President Trump told him about the severity of the coronavirus in February, journalist Bob Woodward said in multiple interviews Monday he decided to withhold the information because he believed the president was talking about the effects of the virus in China, not the U.S., when he warned about the deadliness of Covid-19 in an interview on February 7.

Audio clips from Woodward’s new book, Rage — which is set for release Tuesday — were released last week, and revealed the president knew about the deadliness of the virus in February, even as he publicly downplayed it.

Woodward has been criticized by journalists — and even the president — for not publishing his reporting immediately after the interview took place because that information may have saved lives.

The famed Watergate journalist defended his decision to withhold the information in interviews with NPR and NBC News on Monday, saying he “believed [Trump] was talking about the virus in China,” not the U.S. when he spoke to him on February 7, because the president had talked with Chinese President Xi Jinping the “night before.”

“At the point in February,” Woodward added, “there was no virus awareness in the United States.”

In previous interviews defending his decision to not publish information from the interviews immediately, Woodward said he also wasn’t sure what Trump was saying was accurate at the time: “He tells me this, and I’m thinking, ‘Wow, that’s interesting, but is it true?’” Woodward told the Associated Press.

Woodward says he spent months after the February 7 interview attempting to verify the information about the virus Trump had told him; it wasn’t until May that Woodward says he found out Trump was briefed by national security adviser Robert O'Brien about the threat of the virus, at which point everyone knew about the threat the virus posed.

"If at any point I had thought there's something to tell the American people that they don't know, I would do it,” Woodward told NPR.

KEY BACKGROUND
On February 7, Trump told Woodward Covid-19 was “more deadly than even your strenuous flus.” At the time, the president was downplaying the threat of the virus, and would continue to do so for weeks. In a follow-up interview on March 9, Trump told Woodward he deliberately played down the severity of the virus, as to not cause “panic.”

CHIEF CRITIC
Trump has since defended his decision to downplay the threat of the virus, saying he wanted to “show a level of confidence.” "What I went out and said is very simple: I want to show a level of confidence, and I want to show strength as a leader, and I want to show our country is going to be fine one way or another," Trump said at a news conference last week. The president has also criticized Woodward directly. "If Bob Woodward thought what I said was bad, then he should have immediately, right after I said it, gone out to the authorities, so they can prepare and let them know," Trump said.
I AM ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE
South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL Premiers 1908, 1909, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 2014

User avatar
stallzer
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 4936
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 00:46
Location: Newport, MN USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by stallzer »

GUTTERS wrote:
16 Sep 2020 02:49
KEY BACKGROUND
On February 7, Trump told Woodward Covid-19 was “more deadly than even your strenuous flus.” At the time, the president was downplaying the threat of the virus, and would continue to do so for weeks. In a follow-up interview on March 9, Trump told Woodward he deliberately played down the severity of the virus, as to not cause “panic.”

So was this downplaying the "It's one guy from China" or the infamous "it's 15 people soon to be down to zero" famous quotes of his? Or the "it will just disappear when the warm weather comes"?
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

User avatar
uncadonego
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 9372
Joined: 25 Sep 2010 14:36
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by uncadonego »

GUTTERS wrote:
15 Sep 2020 22:03
https://www.foxnews.com/media/tucker-carlson-democrats-anti- ... g-violence

Here we have a (black) police officer shot in the face and the spectators (yes I am calling them spectators because that is all they did) watched and laughed.

Were is your CNN and MSNBC reporting this, were are the riots (oops Protests).
They did report it. The protests are about a broken system where things haven't been fixed yet in spite of decades of talking about it.

There is no such broken system for killing a cop. No one needs to protest because everyone knows justice will be done in the murder of a cop. There is an immediate manhunt, in most states it is a capital offence, and the person who shot that cop can kiss his life as he knows it goodbye forever. All of society knows that.

In Detroit last month there was a protest over a black man being shot dead by police. Social media muckrakers tried stirring things up by saying he was unarmed and shot fifteen times or some BS like that. The police chief told his officers to let the protesters march, and to let everyone know that the bodycam footage would be available a little after 7:00 PM.

The bodycam footage showed a man being arrested without incident, when the friend with the man being arrested pulled a gun from his left pocket and fired two shots at a police officer's head, but missed. He discharged the weapon a few more times. Of course the police on the scene returned fire. He's dead.

The protesters dispersed and went home. The protest dissolved because everyone knew they had not witnessed an injustice.

And one officer in particular, the one being fired at, continued approaching that armed assailant in spite of bullets flying at his body. He was a hero.

A cop shooting someone in the back eighteen times while the victim is running away, on the other hand, is going to raise peoples' ire.....

User avatar
Brit-Col
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
Posts: 1608
Joined: 01 Nov 2012 17:48
Location: North Texas, USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by Brit-Col »

GUTTERS wrote:
16 Sep 2020 02:49
The famed Watergate journalist defended his decision to withhold the information in interviews with NPR and NBC News on Monday, saying he “believed [Trump] was talking about the virus in China,” not the U.S. when he spoke to him on February 7, because the president had talked with Chinese President Xi Jinping the “night before.”

“At the point in February,” Woodward added, “there was no virus awareness in the United States.”
:?: Woodward’s excuse makes no sense, unless one is to believe the virus affects Chinese people differently than U.S. people. And “no virus awareness” in February doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have been a good idea to start creating some.

So I’m not buying it. Woodward got this one wrong.

Although that doesn’t mitigate DT’s culpability in the least. His own recorded words are all the evidence we need of that.

BC

P.S. I can attest that by early March there was rapidly increasing awareness. I was on a flight from Portland, Oregon to Dallas, Texas and some people were already wearing masks.

And friends who knew I was visiting the Pacific Northwest (the first outbreak was near Seattle) were emailing to make sure I was ok.

At that point I think there was still only one verified U.S. death.

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

If ever I needed support for my contention that social and main stream media is the real evil in this world Stallzer's comment "It's going to be a hard sell to a jury but I believe public pressure will result in a verdict of guilty."

When public pressure results in a verdict then you no longer have justice...you have 'lynch laws'

....and in relation to Trump playing down the significance of the virus...can someone identify a leader who is not down-playing the virus publicly but actively combatting it privately?

Perhaps Andrews...Premier of Victoria..comes closest to calling it correctly and he is under attack from everyone for going too hard, too fast..but he is getting results.

If Trump called the virus out and imposed similar restrictions as Andrew has done he would be even more vilified than he is; and if he downplays it...he is still vilified.

Where indeed is the balance?

User avatar
agondocz
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!
Posts: 2027
Joined: 13 Aug 2010 03:43
Location: Ottawa, Canada

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by agondocz »

Perhaps President Trump could have acted like Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern, Chancellor Angela Merkel, Taiwan's President Tsai Ing-wen, or even Canada's Prime Minister Justin Trudeau among others.

Trump underestimated and still underestimates Americans' willingness to make the sacrifices needed to overcome adversity. Perhaps he was projecting his germaphobia?

The main stream media are only pointing out the obvious.

AndrewG

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

agondocz, all and sundry wish to make this virus and the reactions against it so simple.

Yes, he could have acted in the same manner as Ardern and others...but when he acted he had one confirmed case of the virus in the USA. Ardern's lockdown did not occur until the 23 March...7 or 8 weeks after Trump banned flights from China

Also NZ has a population of a few million...a rural based economy...far easier to lockdown than the USA...remote from the world centres of population and economics...no real comparison.

As is evident from recent posts. Trump reacted at a time similar to many other countries. When his ban came into effect, 37 other countries had similar bans at or within a few days of his announcement.''

It is not as if his actions did not attract dispute..."Biden tweeted: "We are in the midst of a crisis with the coronavirus. We need to lead the way with science — not Donald Trump’s record of hysteria, xenophobia, and fear-mongering. He is the worst possible person to lead our country through a global health emergency."

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-52417610

It is so easy to view a situation with 20/20 hindsight...so tell me...what and how would you have reacted at that time; and what would you expect the US population to do?

User avatar
stallzer
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 4936
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 00:46
Location: Newport, MN USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by stallzer »

The timeline that Trumpanzees and Trump himself can never run away from.


Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House. (See our item “Will the New Coronavirus ‘Go Away’ in April?“)

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — Trump in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — Trump in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

User avatar
faro
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
Posts: 539
Joined: 06 Feb 2016 13:10
Location: Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by faro »

maszki wrote:
16 Sep 2020 19:36
If Trump called the virus out and imposed similar restrictions as Andrew has done he would be even more vilified than he is; and if he downplays it...he is still vilified.
He was vilified by the EU and others mid-March for suspending international flights even in a limited manner.

On an internal basis, his powers are limited due to the Tenth Amendment.
Brit-Col wrote:
16 Sep 2020 10:55
:?: Woodward’s excuse makes no sense, unless one is to believe the virus affects Chinese people differently than U.S. people. And “no virus awareness” in February doesn’t mean it wouldn’t have been a good idea to start creating some.
Which Pelosi (directly behind Pence in the presidential line of succession) did by telling everyone they were safe to mingle in public at the end of February and Cuomo did in NY at the end of March and April by ordering nursing homes to accept Covid-19 patients from hospital and then quietly giving them legal protection from the consequences?

The company in which the USA finds itself is far from exclusive, given the interconnected world in which we live: in the pack with Italy, Sweden and Mexico but behind the official death rates in the UK, Brazil, Belgium, Spain, Chile, Bolivia, Ecuador and Peru.
(The actual "surplus deaths" in the USA due to Covid-19 may turn out to be somewhat lower relative to those positions if previous analysis is confirmed.)

This discussion is mostly going around in circles.
Everyone messed up and Democrats supporters are welcome to point out any master plan from their side which would have resulted in a dramatically different result.

User avatar
faro
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
Posts: 539
Joined: 06 Feb 2016 13:10
Location: Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by faro »

stallzer wrote:
17 Sep 2020 05:51
The timeline that Trumpanzees and Trump himself can never run away from.


Jan. 22: “We have it totally under control. It’s one person coming in from China. We have it under control. It’s going to be just fine.” — Trump in a CNBC interview.

Jan. 30: “We think we have it very well under control. We have very little problem in this country at this moment — five — and those people are all recuperating successfully. But we’re working very closely with China and other countries, and we think it’s going to have a very good ending for us … that I can assure you.” — Trump in a speech in Michigan.

Feb. 10: “Now, the virus that we’re talking about having to do — you know, a lot of people think that goes away in April with the heat — as the heat comes in. Typically, that will go away in April. We’re in great shape though. We have 12 cases — 11 cases, and many of them are in good shape now.” — Trump at the White House. (See our item “Will the New Coronavirus ‘Go Away’ in April?“)

Feb. 14: “There’s a theory that, in April, when it gets warm — historically, that has been able to kill the virus. So we don’t know yet; we’re not sure yet. But that’s around the corner.” — Trump in speaking to National Border Patrol Council members.

Feb. 23: “We have it very much under control in this country.” — Trump in speaking to reporters.

Feb. 24: “The Coronavirus is very much under control in the USA. We are in contact with everyone and all relevant countries. CDC & World Health have been working hard and very smart. Stock Market starting to look very good to me!” — Trump in a tweet.
This is the same timeline inhabited by Nancy Pelosi.
Care to provide any excuses for her walking around and hugging people to boost local businesses that had seen a downturn due to public fears without any rational reason for believing that her part of the country was immune to what was happening on the East coast in other Democrat-run states?

Feb. 24: "You should come to Chinatown. Precautions have been taken by our city. We know that there is concern about tourism, travelling all throughout the world, but we think it's very safe to be in Chinatown and hope that others will come."

"Everything's fine here... the city is on top of the situation."

"But that (the origins of the virus in China) shouldn't be carried over to Chinatown in San Fransisco... I'm here, we feel safe and sound, so many of us coming here."

User avatar
uncadonego
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 9372
Joined: 25 Sep 2010 14:36
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by uncadonego »

maszki wrote:
17 Sep 2020 05:36
It is so easy to view a situation with 20/20 hindsight...
faro wrote:
17 Sep 2020 06:26
This discussion is mostly going around in circles.

This times ten. Am I the only one getting....I can't think of a better word...spiritually worn out by all the coronavirus talk?

User avatar
Brit-Col
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
Posts: 1608
Joined: 01 Nov 2012 17:48
Location: North Texas, USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by Brit-Col »

Not completely going around in circles, though eddying.

I suggest much clarity could be obtained by looking at two questions.

1. How did the USA, with 4.5% of the world’s population, end up with 20% of the world’s deaths? (Would be higher but horrifyingly Brazil and India are increasing.)

2. Why are US states which are refusing to mandate masks experiencing the worst increases in cases? (North Dakota, South Dakota.)

Guess what? DT is at least in part the answer to both questions.

(I readily admit no one would have gotten this fully right. But to solve a problem you have to face up to the fact that a problem exists, not continually deny it.)

BC

User avatar
stallzer
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 4936
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 00:46
Location: Newport, MN USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by stallzer »

Couple of facts to point out.

1. Pelosi isn’t the President, who actually cares what she does, she’s nuts.
2. Stating a Democratic President wouldn’t have done a better job than the current administration is just plain silly. Let’s just say they couldn’t have done worse.

Speculating whether or not another President would have fared better is just that, speculation. Would a Democratic President cut the CDC staff in Beijing by 65%? No. Would they have thrown out the pandemic playbook left for them by the previous administration? Would they have eliminated the pandemic response team?

Would they have eliminated the positions of the scientific research teams in China? Would they have called it a Republican hoax? Would they have taken steps to ensure FEMA took full control over the logistics of the PPE? The current administration fumbled this one badly and there is no running away from it. Trump can blame whoever he wants but this all happened on his watch which makes it by default his problem that he couldn’t solve.

He turned his party inside out and it’s going to cost many their jobs which it should. Governors like
Ron DeSantis, Brian Kemp, Doug Ducey and others watched many of their elderly citizens perish for no reason other than party line. And no I’m not a big fan of Cuomo. The eagerness to please our King cost the US many lives of many good people. Herman Cain anyone?

I’ve said this many times but I pray Cy Vance fries this crook. He has abused his power for personal gain way too many times and needs to pay for it. He killed many of our farmers by placing tariffs on China only to have China place a $50 billion tariff on our Agricultural products crippling our farmers.

https://www.pewtrusts.org/en/research-and-analysis/blogs/sta ... mer-doubts
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

User avatar
bazza4338
100 Thousand Club - Addicted Stamp Poster!
100 Thousand Club - Addicted Stamp Poster!
Posts: 104278
Joined: 12 Dec 2009 16:50
Location: Korumburra Vic. Australia

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by bazza4338 »

Coronavirus stats as at 00:06 17 Sep 2020 GMT.

30 Million cases

US still at the top - it shouldn't be...
1.jpg

User avatar
danyeung
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
Posts: 661
Joined: 30 Mar 2008 16:52
Location: Sydney

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by danyeung »

maszki wrote:
16 Sep 2020 19:36

....and in relation to Trump playing down the significance of the virus...can someone identify a leader who is not down-playing the virus publicly but actively combatting it privately?
The problem is that Trump is not only down-playing the virus publicly but also not actively combating it privately.

One more comment I would like to add - when China decided to lock down a city with population of 15M on 23 Jan which was the Chinese New Year (23 Jan), would it be a loud enough alarm for the Western leaders ?

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

danyeung wrote:
17 Sep 2020 12:23
maszki wrote:
16 Sep 2020 19:36

....and in relation to Trump playing down the significance of the virus...can someone identify a leader who is not down-playing the virus publicly but actively combatting it privately?
The problem is that Trump is not only down-playing the virus publicly but also not actively combating it privately.

One more comment I would like to add - when China decided to lock down a city with population of 15M on 23 Jan which was the Chinese New Year (23 Jan), would it be a loud enough alarm for the Western leaders ?
In the week following China's lead, 38 countries including the USA imposed bans of various types', so I think the message was clearly heard....even though Trump was criticised for issuing the ban.

As to whether Trump was or was not actively combating the spread of the virus depends upon who you listen to..or which media you subscribe to.

He was right about hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic and during the early stages of the virus so what else did he get right?

User avatar
danyeung
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
Posts: 661
Joined: 30 Mar 2008 16:52
Location: Sydney

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by danyeung »

maszki wrote:
17 Sep 2020 17:41
In the week following China's lead, 38 countries including the USA imposed bans of various types', so I think the message was clearly heard....even though Trump was criticised for issuing the ban.
In my opinion, yes these countries imposed bans but no they didn't get the message or they heard the message wrongly.

The Western world and news media back then condemned the lock down decision of the China government. Their mindset, I believe, was more to sit on the fence and watch the economy of China to collapse. They didn't take serious preventive measures (quarantine, test, social distancing and wear mask which the Chinese did) at that point to nail the virus down.

Wilbur Ross even said on 30 January "'I think it will help the accelerate the return of jobs to North America." - no sympathy at all and obviously he didn't realize that the fire started in his backyard in a month's time.
maszki wrote:
17 Sep 2020 17:41
As to whether Trump was or was not actively combating the spread of the virus depends upon who you listen to..or which media you subscribe to.

He was right about hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic and during the early stages of the virus so what else did he get right?
I am not saying Trump has done nothing but it would be hard to put him in the class of "actively" combating the virus. Look at the results - more than 200K died and it is not the end. He is the president and therefore fully accountable. It is his duty to pull the country to work together to end this. Unfortunately he is a rich spoiled person who doesn't know how to compromise with others to achieve a good result in his life.

User avatar
stallzer
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
Posts: 4936
Joined: 01 Sep 2010 00:46
Location: Newport, MN USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by stallzer »

maszki wrote:
17 Sep 2020 17:41

As to whether Trump was or was not actively combating the spread of the virus depends upon who you listen to..or which media you subscribe to.

He was right about hydroxychloroquine as a prophylactic and during the early stages of the virus so what else did he get right?
No, it doesn't depend on what media or who you listen to. I live here, I see and feel the impact everyday. He did nothing other than blame the Democrats for spreading a hoax. The man did nothing substantial other than attempt to spread the virus because he couldn't bear to watch his stock portfolio crash like the rest of ours did.

His now famous tweets of "Liberate Minnesota", "Liberate Michigan and Virginia" totally disrupted the Governors (All Democrats) from trying to slow the spread of the virus. He couldn't bear to see the Schools close which meant parents were staying home from work which meant the economy was going to take a hit, just like everywhere else in the world did.

He chose money over public safety plain and simple. He knew his re-election hopes were all in getting the economy back on it's feet. Had he chosen to keep the citizens safe he'd probably be looking at a 2nd term
but now his own party is running away from him as they see their livelihoods about to end.

And no he wasn't right about his highly touted malaria pill. Every leading medical firm has PROVEN it not to have an affect. This includes the New England journal of medicine, The Mayo Clinic (Just named the #1 health care facility in the US for the 5th year in a row), The Cleveland clinic, FDA, CDC, National institute of health. But you found one group of witch doctors that published a study where they did not follow the gold standard of randomized placebo testing and that overrules every leading medical study?

Seriously, I understand you think he's a great individual but he totally dropped the ball in 2020, no other way to look at it. The truth often hurts but please don't bring feelings and opinions to a fact fight.

There will always be proof of his incompetence in dealing with the virus. These are his own words, not twisted in any means and this video by super PAC Priorities USA infuriated the POTUS so badly he threatened to sue them but his legal team (Bill Barr) informed him he'd have no chance since they didn't misquote him and these were his own words. Luckily due to the internet this video will remain forever.


https://crooksandliars.com/2020/03/trump-campaign-threatens-sue-after-hard
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."

User avatar
maszki
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
Posts: 3987
Joined: 06 Dec 2011 07:57
Location: Maszki, Poland

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by maszki »

Stallzer you have your view of Trump and will probably vote for him in November.

I have a different view but will not be voting for him as I am not a US citizen....and even if I was, I probably would not vote for him if there was a real alternative

This quote exposes your bias..... "This includes the New England journal of medicine, The Mayo Clinic (Just named the #1 health care facility in the US for the 5th year in a row), The Cleveland clinic, FDA, CDC, National institute of health. But you found one group of witch doctors that published a study where they did not follow the gold standard of randomized placebo testing and that overrules every leading medical study?

Firstly the FDA is majority funded by pharmaceutical companies and the NIH is Fauci's domain...neither called be called independent or free of bias.

The New England Journal of Medicine article to which you refer was retracted due to inadequate checking...

"In the first big research scandal of the COVID-19 era, The Lancet and The New England Journal of Medicine (NEJM) today retracted two high-profile papers after a company declined to make the underlying data for both available for an independent audit, following questions being raised about the research. The Lancet paper, which claimed an antimalarial drug touted by President Donald Trump for treatment of COVID-19 could cause serious harm without helping patients, had had a global impact, halting trials of one of the drugs by the World Health Organization (WHO) and others."

So was Hydroxychloroquine denigrated by the WHO and others based upon false or inadequate data?

As to the witch doctors...I wonder 'which' doctor made this comment...“Our analysis shows that using hydroxychloroquine helped save lives,” Oh that is right it was Dr. Steven Kalkanis, a neurosurgeon, CEO of the Henry Ford Medical Group, and senior vice president of the Henry Ford Health.

...he was referring to a PEER REVIEWED article published in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases.......

The Washington Times - Friday, July 3, 2020
Hydroxychloroquine was widely denounced as dangerous and ineffective after being touted by President Trump as a treatment for the novel coronavirus, but newly released research found the drug actually works.

A peer-reviewed study published Thursday in the International Journal of Infectious Diseases found that 13% of hospitalized patients treated with hydroxychloroquine alone died of COVID-19, compared to 26.4% who died who were not treated with the drug.

So this witch doctor; joins all those other witch doctors (37% worldwide and 23% in the USA...including Dr Immanuel) who have accepted that the drug is an effective therapy against COVID19.

I think you anti-Trump attitude has blinkered you from reality.

The real question as I have said several times previously is 'what is the reason for the FDA/WHO/Fauci etc denigration of the drug?

Here are a few quotes that might (hopefully) get you to think beyond anti-Trump...."But Fauci’s NIAID actually funded a study on Bat Coronavirus, which was a project that included scientists at the Wuhan Institute of Virology, the Chinese lab at the center of controversy over their bat research. That study confirmed in 2018 that humans have died from coronavirus."

"Fauci delivered a keynote opening address on “The Challenge of Pandemic Preparedness” in Washington, D.C. at the October 2, 2017 Grand Challenges meeting, which is a project of the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.

"Moderna has received just under $1 billion to develop its candidate vaccine and recently launched a phase 3 trial. The company, whose mRNA-1273 candidate vaccine was partially developed by government researchers, has received three large federal grants: A base award of more than $430 million in April, an additional $53 million in May, and nearly $472 million in late July. "

"In its second-quarter earnings release Wednesday morning, Moderna revealed that its mRNA-based COVID-19 vaccine candidate, mRNA-1273, will cost between $32 to $37 per dose “for some customers.” (It's US competitors estimate the cost of their vaccines at about $15-20 and Hydroxychloroquine costs 50-60 CENTS.)

"Add to this the fact that the Gates Foundation and related entities such as CEPI constitute the largest funders of the public-private entity known as WHO, and that its current director, Tedros Adhanom, the first WHO director in history not a medical doctor, worked for years on HIV with the Gates Foundation when Tedros was a government minister in Ethiopia, and we see that there is practically no area of the current coronavirus pandemic where the footprints of the omnipresent Gates are not to be found. If that is to the good of mankind or grounds to be worried, time will tell.”

It's all about money.....

User avatar
GUTTERS
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!
Posts: 1690972
Joined: 25 Jul 2007 09:02
Location: At the base of the Blue Mountains Sydney Australia

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by GUTTERS »

Maszki did you forget to finish the last line in of the above post.

I will do it for you it goes something like this.

Boom he drop the mike he walk's away :lol:


Back to Trump


So the Noble peace nominations, have been out the in the news for a couple of days now and I have noted none of the anti Trumper's complaining that he has received the nomination's.

Does this mean they are happy with the God Of Orange Hair getting these nomination's ?
I AM ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE
South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL Premiers 1908, 1909, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 2014

User avatar
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff
Posts: 57964
Joined: 18 Apr 2007 22:57
Location: Tombstone
Contact:

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by Global Administrator »

.
Thank Goodness it is over.

Trump was on TV stating the vaccine will be available probably next month.

Thank Goodness it is over.



We do not know that vaccine and if it has been tested widely - but next month it will all be over.
.

User avatar
Brit-Col
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
Posts: 1608
Joined: 01 Nov 2012 17:48
Location: North Texas, USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by Brit-Col »

GUTTERS wrote:
18 Sep 2020 23:53
So the Noble peace nominations, have been out the in the news for a couple of days now and I have noted none of the anti Trumper's complaining that he has received the nomination's.

Does this mean they are happy with the God Of Orange Hair getting these nomination's ?
Don’t get too excited.

According to the Nobel website there are 318 nominated candidates for the 2020 Peace Prize.

Quite a range of people are qualified to submit nominations and DT was nominated by one Christian Tybring-Gjedde who is a right-wing member of the Norwegian parliament.

There are more important things to worry about than the non-existent chance of DT winning the Nobel Peace Prize.

BC

User avatar
capetriangle
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!
Posts: 6581
Joined: 20 Sep 2009 11:59
Location: Garden City, NY, USA

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by capetriangle »

It has just been announced that Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the Supreme Court Associate Justice, has died.

This will change things immeasurably!

R.I.P. Justice Ginsburg.

User avatar
faro
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
Posts: 539
Joined: 06 Feb 2016 13:10
Location: Aberdeenshire, United Kingdom

Re: Donald Trump: President of the United States, DISCUSSION

Post by faro »

capetriangle wrote:
19 Sep 2020 11:34
It has just been announced that Ruth Bader Ginsburg, the Supreme Court Associate Justice, has died.

This will change things immeasurably!
Why should it?

Ruth was diagnosed with colon cancer in 1999 and pancreatic cancer in 2009. Rather than retiring at 76 years of age with a word in Obama's ears about her successor (58 Democrat senators + 2 Independents caucusing with the Dems = 60 as required at that date for a relatively easy transition) she chose to continue in order to drive through her personal agenda.

She knew the rules. The Constitution is not ruled by "personal wishes". (Any time Trump says something that could be interpreted as such there is uproar, why should Ruth be held as being above the President and the Constitution?)

Compared with what John Adams did to thwart Thomas Jefferson before he took office during a previous era of intensely partisan politics there should be precisely zero controversy.
Per their own website, "Supreme Court justices, court of appeals judges, and district court judges are nominated by the President and confirmed by the United States Senate, as stated in the Constitution", not the next President whose inauguration is over four months away.

Post Reply

Return to “'The Water Cooler' - A relaxing and FUN place to let off some steam ......”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: maszki, satsuma and 7 guests