FACEBOOK - is it more trouble than it is worth?

Discussion of anything you like. Sport, stamps, politics, religion, weather, world disasters, news articles - whatever. Things generally NOT stamp related belong in here. Please keep it CIVIL and polite though! We encourage lively discussion on all things.

Moderators: gmoney, Volunteer Moderator Team

Caddyman
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

FACEBOOK - is it more trouble than it is worth?

Post by Caddyman »

I like Stampboards, but Facebook scares the hell out of me! I am not going there!

My wife joined up, because my son's soccer team needed someone to be on facebook ( I refused) to let us know when and where he was playing, and it seems as though they went through her whole email history to see who she is in contact with.

Now she gets almost as many emails a day from Facebook as everyone else put together.

They seem to know too much about our lives - and all so my son could turn up for soccer on time!
Enginerd
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Re: stampboards now 700+ LIKES on Facebook - make it 750!

Post by Enginerd »

Caddyman wrote:I like Stampboards, but Facebook scares the hell out of me! I am not going there!

My wife joined up, because my son's soccer team needed someone to be on facebook ( I refused) to let us know when and where he was playing, and it seems as though they went through her whole email history to see who she is in contact with.

Now she gets almost as many emails a day from Facebook as everyone else put together.

They seem to know too much about our lives - and all so my son could turn up for soccer on time!
I've been with Facebook since its advent, and I must say that I really dislike it now. I figure I'll eventually leave it altogether.

My friends can email me if they really need to contact me or want me to send them the pictures I took at our last social outing!

Facebook is trying to gain rights to anything and everything that is posted there and has even gone so far as to use a person's likeness to advertise products--without that person's consent! Ridiculous.
JonEboy
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: stampboards now 700+ LIKES on Facebook - make it 750!

Post by JonEboy »

Enginerd wrote:
Caddyman wrote:I like Stampboards, but Facebook scares the hell out of me! I am not going there!

I've been with Facebook since its advent, and I must say that I really dislike it now. I figure I'll eventually leave it altogether.

My friends can email me if they really need to contact me or want me to send them the pictures I took at our last social outing!

Facebook is trying to gain rights to anything and everything that is posted there and has even gone so far as to use a person's likeness to advertise products--without that person's consent! Ridiculous.
Whilst there is public furore about them trying to own everyone else's Intellectual Property the issue isn't so much with what it does publicly but what it does without you knowing. This article was all about that.

The key is that you need to disable cookies on your browser to stop it finding out where you have been as well as locking down your setting inside Facebook. Their business model is based on selling advertisers appropriately targeted adverts and to do that they need data. Lots is given freely by users in terms of age, location, favourite team etc. but lots more is gathered by them without your knowledge.

Jon
Barbados, Commonwealth, France & Colonies, GB, Line Engraved, Intaglio & Recess printed stamps
http://www.barbadosstamps.co.uk
asmodeus
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Re: FACEBOOK - is it more trouble than it is worth?

Post by asmodeus »

Facebook: The new plague! Misuse and loss of privacy- this is a glass human being!
Truth is the daughter of time
fromdownunder
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by fromdownunder »

I am not a member of Facebook, or My Space or Twitter and never have been. That seems to be a reasonable and safe solution to people who have issues with these types of sites.

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain
jjarmstrong47

Post by jjarmstrong47 »

This was sent to me by a friend.

The day that Albert Einstein
feared may have finally arrived

Having coffee with friends

A day at the beach

Cheering on your team

Dinner with friends

Out on an intimate date

Chatting with your best friend

A visit to the museum

Enjoying the sights

Where do the years go? I went from philandering to philately and didn't even notice.
http://www.engravedstamps.net
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

Brilliant!

Thanks mods for separating this out into a different thread. Currently at work but there is a lot more to the workings of Facebook than first meets the eye. I will post some more details over the weekend for anyone interested.

In the meantime check out this article about how they are tracking your mobile

Jon
Barbados, Commonwealth, France & Colonies, GB, Line Engraved, Intaglio & Recess printed stamps
GUTTERS
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!
Stampboard's KING Poster of ALL time!

Post by GUTTERS »

What's facebook :)
Never been there never will :twisted:
I AM ALWAYS IN THE MIDDLE
South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL Premiers 1908, 1909, 1914, 1918, 1925, 1926, 1927, 1928, 1929, 1931, 1932, 1950, 1951, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1967, 1968, 1970, 1971, 2014
muruk
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by muruk »

I'm on there but still finding my way. Don't like it at all. Email works better for me.

When I first joined, I received six times daily emails demanding to know my email account password. I refused as I could see no legitimate reason for asking this. Eventually they stopped.

I tried to load some apps. Every one required that I grant the app owner unlimited control of my facebook page ... in case they need it in the future. Not doing that either, so no apps for me.

There's a subtle difference between a friend request and a machine generated suggestion. I think some people just accept everything that facebook suggests ... either that, or their hobby is collecting friends.
A man might as well marry ... if he finds a good wife he will be happy ... if not, he will become a philosopher.
Collecting Greater New Guinea & Macropods (Kangaroos & Wallabies).
makielb
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Post by makielb »

I don't have any problem with FB. :lol: It allows me to keep in touch with many of my former students without having to email each and every one of them individually, same with family.

I only put stuff onto FB that I am willing to share with the World, so who cares. FB wants to share my info with the rest of the World, so-be-it. Every time I make a purchase using my credit card information zips around the globe, which is scarier than the things I post on FB.

So, apparently unlike the rest of the SB community I have no issues with my FB community. Oh my TWO communities? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Mike
Why do we need perforations? Scissors are cheap!
gavin-h
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by gavin-h »

Face? Book???

Is there a point to it? If so, it escapes me completely?

Billions of dollars of technology and they use it for meaningless prattle. Why???
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

fromdownunder wrote:
I am not a member of Facebook, or My Space or Twitter and never have been. That seems to be a reasonable and safe solution to people who have issues with these types of sites.

Norm
Ditto.

No-one needs to hear when I make a cup of coffee or drive to Post Office or eat a Mars Bar.

Twitter perfectly describes the users pretty much, as someone once said.

Glen
aethelwulf

Post by aethelwulf »

I dimly remember registering a Twitter account, in some Dark Age. Seem to recall making one post at the time, saying "Look, I have Twitter" and never went back. I always think that some on Twitter must be....a twit. :mrgreen: Really what's the point, a website where the only function is to post a message in 80 characters or less.

MySpace died years ago apparently (another site I never used)...they've become a textbook case of being abandoned by users because they didn't evolve, adapt or upgrade. Facebook blew them away by offering so many more bells and whistles.
Collecting Mongolia; Thailand; Indo-China; Mourning Covers; OHMS.
Stewie1980

Post by Stewie1980 »

aethelwulf wrote:MySpace died years ago apparently (another site I never used)...they've become a textbook case of being abandoned by users because they didn't evolve, adapt or upgrade. Facebook blew them away by offering so many more bells and whistles.
Nobody used MySpace over here. Instead people used Hyves, about the same as MySpace I think, but in Dutch.
Also Hyves is being abandoned for the same raesons you mentioned for MySpace.

Facebook is now the biggest. At least for now, some people are leaving it because of the privacy policies, the timeline, ads and annoying game invitations.

Facebook is on (or over) it's peak.

I have a Facebook page too. Only to keep in touch with some people.
I post almost nothing on there and because I want some privacy I didn't fill in my birthday, hometown, status, etc. I don't even have a photo of me on there on which I'm recognizable!
stallzer

Post by stallzer »

gavin-h wrote:Face? Book???

Is there a point to it? If so, it escapes me completely?

Billions of dollars of technology and they use it for meaningless prattle. Why???
It works well for my family. We live in Minnesota but our Children's Grandparents live in Chicago & Canada, their Aunts and Uncles live in London, Chicago & Canada so it is much easier to keep everyone in touch with each other than creating and maintaining a website. It has it's benefits.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."
60022Mallard

Post by 60022Mallard »

Tell me if I am wrong, but I believe it is very difficult to remove anything that you have put on there.

Many young people may come to regret some comments posted etc. when employers trawl for background.

Some people have lost their job for denigrating their employer.

Be very careful. Its like talking to the wife, you can never unsay something that you have said in anger, and it always gets remembered to be thrown back at you!
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

60022Mallard wrote:Tell me if I am wrong, but I believe it is very difficult to remove anything that you have put on there.

Many young people may come to regret some comments posted etc. when employers trawl for background.

Some people have lost their job for denigrating their employer.

Be very careful. Its like talking to the wife, you can never unsay something that you have said in anger, and it always gets remembered to be thrown back at you!
Actually that's a myth about not removing stuff, it's quite easy to do. What amazes me is that people choose not to!

I was on a training course three years ago and one of the delegates was the senior marketing manager for a well known blue chip who will remain nameless. Every year they were noted for their graduate intake and students competed fiercely for a place. About 18 months prior to our conversation this person had made applications available only via Facebook, so if you wanted to work for them you had to become a friend. And at that point prospective applicants basically opened up a window into their personal lives far exceeding anything they would choose to put on a cv.

Naturally this then allowed the employer to decide, in advance, whether to interview a candidate or not.

This is not unusual and one firm I know refused an interview to a female candiate because her timeline had on it, 'another month and still not pregnant'. Whilst this is a clear breach of UK discrimination laws no one could ever prove it.

As you say Mallard, employers trawl for background.....

Jon
fromdownunder

Post by fromdownunder »

stallzer wrote:It works well for my family. We live in Minnesota but our Children's Grandparents live in Chicago & Canada, their Aunts and Uncles live in London, Chicago & Canada so it is much easier to keep everyone in touch with each other than creating and maintaining a website. It has it's benefits.
Wouldn't Skype be just as good, and far more private?

Norm
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in Vain
stallzer

Post by stallzer »

We use skype all the time for video chats. We use Facebook to post photos of the Children and give updates on their activities, Sports, School progress and Family matters.
"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my grandfather did–in his sleep. Not yelling and screaming like the passengers in his car."
Tassie_Stamps

Post by Tassie_Stamps »

Like others above have said - If you don't like it then don't use it - I do like it and do use it - I find it to be a great social networking tool. I have no privacy issues with it whatsoever. It works well for me.
brissypete

Post by brissypete »

I think a key thing with facebook is to not believe what some people say it does or doesn't do, plenty of gullible people repost all sorts of stupid warnings that 99.9% of the time are completely false and a quick google search will show that.

As for employers checking up on people there are two simple things that stop that, privacy settings and not adding work people as friends (or you can set up post filters so that some people cannot see certain things).

Facebook can be an excellent communication tool or a showcase for idiocy, it just depends on the user!
Collector and Part Time Dealer (Member IPDA)website and online store - http://www.pwstamps.com.au - Australia & World Stamps & Covers, Discounted Catalogues & Accessories
Tassie_Stamps

Post by Tassie_Stamps »

I never understood the whole "OMG my employer may be stalking my facebook" issue .... I am Facebook friends with my employer and have nothing to hide from her!

I don't call in sick to work because of a hangover 3 times a week so maybe that's got something to do with it :mrgreen:
RodT
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by RodT »

I enjoy social networking. Facebook is great for family contact as already mentioned.

Google+ is an even better environment than FB - there's none of the drivel.
IPDA Webmaster. Visit KoalaStamps for quality Oceania, Asia and Europe sets and singles.
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

Now it’s Saturday morning here I’ve a little more time to elaborate on the earlier postings. First off thanks to the Mods for splitting this off into a separate thread; it started in the 750 Facebook likes thread but sits much better on its own in the water cooler.

Facebook is something of a phenomenon as it has transformed the way we interact with the world. From a college project to keep classmates in touch with each other to a multi lingual global phenomenon with over a billion active users a month, whatever you think of it there is no doubt it is part of the digital landscape now.

The advantages of Facebook are many and as people have already pointed out it allows you to keep in touch with people you see infrequently or are a distance away, you can message people on the other side of the world instantly through the platform, you can share your love of things like Stampboards but more than all of this it allows you to engage with more people every day than you otherwise would. You can keep up to date with what is going on in the world and if all else fails you can ‘like’ pages featuring puppies and kittens. :lol:

Whether you think this is a good or bad thing is quite another matter, the fact is that it exists. Lots of people use it; lots of people love it. Equally I know people who have never been on it and have no intentions of ever doing so.

In part it appears to be a generational thing, with pretty much everyone I know under 30 being on it and a declining curve of usage from that age upwards. I’m not sure of the exact demographic usage of Facebook but I wouldn't be at all surprised if that described it.

It is however, for those who use it, a social tool that they would not want to be without and for many a fabulous addition to their lives.

The disadvantages of Facebook however appear less clear to many people. Part of this is because there is a general misunderstanding of how it works, part of it is obfuscation on the part of Facebook and the final piece of the jigsaw is attitudinal.

As the very first post in this thread said “and it seems as though they went through her whole email history to see who she is in contact with.” Facebook is an insidious program which is designed to insert itself seamlessly into your life but in so doing it asks you to agree to certain conditions. Unless you adjust your privacy settings it will take any and all data it can get and use that data to allow advertisers to target you with sales messages.

Facebook advertiser targeting is as near as Marketers have come to the ‘holy grail’ in terms of the ability to specifically target audiences and customise the advertisements. If I want to create an advert that only appears to mid twenties males who live in Perth but have friends in Adelaide, like Aussie Rules, don’t smoke, do drive and work in Advertising but are not in a relationship, then I can do it. I can even change my advertisement depending on the time of day, week or month. Compare this with traditional print advertising where everyone can see your advert but most of it is wasted as you have to spend money to ‘broadcast’ your message to people who won’t buy your product as well as those who do, and you can see why Facebook advert targeting is so compelling.

To get this level of sophistication Facebook needs data and their default position for many years has been to allow any and all of their platform to gather as much data from you as it can. It places cookies in your browser and particularly on your mobile and then harvests what you do, where you go and with whom you do it.

Last week I wrote an article about how I had been searching for a hotel to stay in next week as I am away on business and the following morning Facebook presented me with advertisements offering rooms in the exact location I had been searching the previous day. Coincidence? No. Targeted advertising? Yes. Even though I was not logged into Facebook at the time of my searches it had tracked, via cookies, where I had been on the internet and then suggested advertisements that it thinks I might like/need.

It has previously offered me ‘friends’ I might like to link to where my only dealings have been a single email exchanged about a sale on Ebay.

The latest development is that by March of this year they are rumored to be producing an ‘app’ which will let you see where your friends are at any time, This will be based on the GPS coordinates of your mobile phone, even if Facebook is switched off and you are logged out of it.

The way they manage this is by making their privacy policies and opt in/out options almost incomprehensible meaning that most people do not ever change them. In fact most people cannot even locate where to change them on the platform.

And finally there is the attitude element. Most youngsters I speak to don’t seem to mind that Facebook knows them so well. They like the relevance of the ads, the way that it makes helpful suggestions on who to follow, that their friends can keep tabs on where they are and so on. Slightly more ‘mature’ users (ok, so old folks like me :roll: ) are seemingly more cautious and protective of their personal information. Many, like me, still recall the Orwellian horror of 1984 where ‘Big Brother’ was watching you and would not like to live in that kind of ‘utopia’

Ironically however we are almost there. Even as I write this I know that cookies track my every move (or they would do had I not blocked them) and between Google and Facebook they know more about me, my habits, hobbies and lifestyle than I would reasonably choose to share with them. Most of this is unavoidable,. They provide useful ‘free’ tools and in return their payback is to gather data on me. It’s a choice I make daily as to what I do and whether I do it.

So love it or hate it, it’s not going away. If you do choose to use it then locking down your privacy settings is an option to keep your data safe. Also installing cookie blockers works well. But if you don’t mind giving this data to global corporations like Google and Facebook and allowing them to do what they want with that data then as someone once said ‘no worries’

Jon
fork23
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Post by fork23 »

social media=junk.

Free cheese only in mousetrap.
Tassie_Stamps

Post by Tassie_Stamps »

Some may not like social media but it is here to stay - it is becoming increasingly popular. :D

As Brissypete said, use adequate privacy controls on your profile and then only you're "friends" can see what you are doing.

Don't spread around "copy and paste this and you will get kissed at midnight" junk because you won't be very popular.

It IS a safe site to use as long as users use common sense. :idea:
sovanksahu
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by sovanksahu »

I will totally agree to what "Tassie_Stamps" has said.

Facebook IS a technological breakthrough of sorts. The News Feed algorithm responds to signals from you, including, for example:
  • How often you interact with the friend, Page, or public figure (like an actor or journalist) who posted
    The number of likes, shares and comments a post receives from the world at large and from your friends in particular
    How much you have interacted with this type of post in the past
    Whether or not you and other people across Facebook are hiding or reporting a given post
And there are enough (hopefully) privacy settings to control what you want to show/see. It is fun for sure, but then... Mark Zuckerberg is not an Elon Musk!
“Persistence. Perfection. Patience. Power. Prioritize your passion. It keeps you sane.” ― Criss Jami
I collect Aerophilately, Indian personalities on foreign stamps and exchange on the themes Moon Landing, Gastronomy and Covid19
aethelwulf

Post by aethelwulf »

Facebook's targeted ads sometimes work, sometimes fail...I've seen adverts or "suggested pages" (to 'like' or become a follower of) that I can recognize as springing from a google search I did, or webpage I was on. On the other hand, it will sometimes present me with bizarre things, like wedding photographers (endlessly getting those) or marginal religious groups. :?

Gmail works the same way, the advert links to websites shown at top/bottom of the page are often for stamp dealers, sometimes for discount air ticket websites, all depends on what I've been doing online or the emails I have at the time.

General rule of thumb, whatever you put on the Internet, consider that it will be there for all the world to see, and will be there forever...something that a lot of people don't consider when they post pictures of themselves drunk at a party, or upload their "bedroom" video somewhere. :roll:
Finchley Chris
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by Finchley Chris »

fork23 wrote:social media=junk.

Free cheese only in mousetrap.
Agree entirely. :)
ivqii

Post by ivqii »

Remember the days before the internet and facebook? When we had to take photographs of our dinner, wait 3 or so days for them to develop, then go around every one of our friends and families houses to show them all?

Thank you Facebook. You've made all our lives a little better.
Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

ivqii wrote:Remember the days before the internet and facebook? When we had to take photographs of our dinner, wait 3 or so days for them to develop, then go around every one of our friends and families houses to show them all?
...in a nice little slide show...that went on for hours :shock: :shock: :shock:
Yes, now we can be bored at home instead of traipsing round to someone else's house with a bottle of cheap wine. :lol:

Jon
Tassie_Stamps

Post by Tassie_Stamps »

ivqii wrote:Remember the days before the internet and facebook? When we had to take photographs of our dinner, wait 3 or so days for them to develop, then go around every one of our friends and families houses to show them all?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And then there is instagram. Even worse for that. :cry:
aethelwulf

Post by aethelwulf »

Then there's the Dutch still-life artists of the 17th century, who painted a picture to show everybody the food on their table. :lol:
aethelwulf

Post by aethelwulf »

Tassie_Stamps wrote:And then there is instagram. Even worse for that. :cry:
Fast way to get a suspension on Stampboards--starting adding Instagram-style hashtags to thread posts and drive Glen into a tizzy. :mrgreen:

Imagine thread titles like "Need help with #old #Victorian #stamp, maybe #African?"
Tassie_Stamps

Post by Tassie_Stamps »

#aw #my #gawd #guys #bad #hair #day #yolo

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Elliot7
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Post by Elliot7 »

Tassie_Stamps wrote:#aw #my #gawd #guys #bad #hair #day #yolo

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm having a great morning but that plastered a big grin on my face. :D

As to Facebook, I use it but as others have noted, have my security settings clamped down pretty tight and never post anything I wouldn't want to share with the world.
norvic

Post by norvic »

Global Administrator wrote:No-one needs to hear when I make a cup of coffee or drive to Post Office or eat a Mars Bar.

Glen
Whilst I agree with the first part, the second is wrong. Many businesses are now using Twitter, some as a means of advertising, some as a means of communicating with customers.

A company that has a dedicated twitter team/person (Australia Post, Royal Mail, (UK) Post Office Ltd, USPS, Stanley Gibbons) as part of their marketing effort is generally much better at communicating with customers. I've got several responses to questions here by asking on twitter and sometimes posting the response within minutes.

I've alerted Royal Mail to errors on their website (link going to totally the wrong place) and they have corrected it.
I alerted Post Office and Royal Mail to the fact that the Auto Legends stamps issues 13 August had a sale date of 19 August printed in the margin. The aim was to ensure that counters knew the correct date (by an alert through their own messaging system on the day of issue) so that no arguments started between staff and customers over the correct date.

It's useful, if used properly. I've even mentioned threads here on #stampboards and driven people here. Twitter alerts can go to smartphones, responses often immediate.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - Remember almost everything I picture is available, unless otherwise stated or copied from elsewhere, as I reduce a roomful of 'stuff' - just ask. GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site
JonEboy

Post by JonEboy »

norvic wrote:
Global Administrator wrote:No-one needs to hear when I make a cup of coffee or drive to Post Office or eat a Mars Bar.

Glen
Whilst I agree with the first part, the second is wrong. Many businesses are now using Twitter, some as a means of advertising, some as a means of communicating with customers.
And I agree with both of these! Working as I do with clients on Digital Marketing we have found Twitter is an essential business tool these days and can generate substantial revenues if managed and curated properly.

It all depends on whether you have a coherent strategy for using it as part of your Marketing communications, or just for letting people know you are popping to trap two to read the paper for ten minutes. Sadly there are too many of the latter :roll:

Jon
HayeSmyth

Post by HayeSmyth »

JonEboy wrote:
It all depends on whether you have a coherent strategy for using it as part of your Marketing communications, or just for letting people know you are popping to trap two to read the paper for ten minutes. Sadly there are too many of the latter :roll:

Jon
Was the original purpose of Twitter to be a communication platform for business users? Or was it meant primarily for folk to air their inane drivel?

If it was the latter, then I guess you just have to live along side it, as best you can.
ivqii

Post by ivqii »

I subscribed to Twitter to be "down with the youf"

Even my favourite , beautiful and clever ( she has a doctorate ) niece became a driveling idiot on Twitter

No thanks
Nobody will ever win the Battle of the Sexes. There's just too much fraternizing with the enemy
Princestamps

Post by Princestamps »

Very easy to deal with, turn off cookies, clear your browser often and it has a settings page where you can change your email settings (Bear with it, theres about 70!!!). I also have a second email address for spam and hardly ever go there, that address gets all my emails from that site and other forum boards I have joined which love to send emails every time someone even blinks at me.

Its just Facebook, they feel they have to poke your nose in everything, its big brother dressed up. Yet facebook has been the victim of many phishing scams. Usually emails with words like "Maree Sheree Head commented on 5 photos of you" turn out to be either phishing scams or download a trojan when you click on it.
Cyphrex

Post by Cyphrex »

Been with Facebook since it began, was always worried about personal information getting out, but I check privacy settings regularly to ensure confidentiality. This is the only way I can communicate with friends of High School and College that have moved cross country and have their own families.
We are all pawns in the Kings' game of chess, least we lose our heads.
-self
jimwentzell

Post by jimwentzell »

Anyone hear the rumour making the rounds here?

Seems YouTube™ is in the process of seeking a merger with Twitter™.

Also FaceBook™ is interested in acquiring BOTH of the above companies.

The proposed name for the new company:

YOU TWIT FACE !

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

--Jim in JO-JA (no I WON'T "like" you so DON'T even ask!)
--Jim in Georgia always interested in postal history, covers & cards (no FDC)
B u y - s e l l - t r a d e .................................... e - m a i l .. m e !
MargoZ

Post by MargoZ »

LOL- hadn't seen that one.

I once had colleague who had trouble distinguishing between Facebook and Myspace.

She always referred to any social media as "Myface"...which did lead to some rather embarrassing comments......
Please click link below to "Like" stampboards on FACEBOOK -
https://www.facebook.com/stampboards/
aethelwulf

Post by aethelwulf »

Tourist walks off Australia pier while checking Facebook

A Taiwanese tourist had to be rescued after accidentally walking off a pier in the Australian city of Melbourne while checking her Facebook page.

The woman tumbled from St Kilda's pier into Port Phillip Bay late on Monday night.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-25426263
Finchley Chris

Post by Finchley Chris »

I wonder if she managed to take a "selfie" while on her back in the water? :)

Return to “'The Water Cooler' - A relaxing and FUN place to let off some steam ......”