My office copy of Gibbons *2023* Commonwealth Part 1 for just $A90!

For Mods only to move threads from the "Stamps For Sale" forum after they have sold, or are not eligible to be there in the first instance! READ the "Rules" on top of that forum folks.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

GlenStephens
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

My office copy of Gibbons *2023* Commonwealth Part 1 for just $A90!

Post by GlenStephens »

000_Part1_2023_Digital.jpg

You can buy one new below locally from major retailers, for $A337 (see below) – or buy my office copy for $A90!

https://www.dymocks.com.au/book/2023-commonwealth-and-empire ... hoQAvD_BwE

Well used, as I look up things every day - as you will. Huge book, near 800 pages, full colour, Brite White paper, and very thick hard outer covers for long life. EVERY stamp den should own a recent copy. THIS WILL SELL VERY FAST! Give your self a Xmas Gift - I can mail it so you receive it by Xmas. :!: :!: :!:

If your 'Part 1' is 10 or 20 (or more!) years old as most are - STEP UP NOW!

This Stanley Gibbons comprehensive catalogue covers Great Britain, Commonwealth and Empire countries 1840-1970. The listings include variations in watermark, perforation, paper and printing methods, major shades, important plate flaws, errors, government telegraph stamps and booklets (all listed and priced).

Guidance is given throughout the catalogue on subjects such as unusual usages, overprint settings, forgeries and much, much more. More such notes have been added to the latest edition.

This comprehensive Stanley Gibbons Commonwealth & British Empire Stamps 2023 Catalogue covers Great Britain, Commonwealth and Empire countries from 1840 to 1970. The listings include variations in watermark, perforation, paper and printing methods, major shades, important plate flaws, errors, government telegraph stamps and booklets (all listed and priced).

Guidance is given throughout the catalogue on subjects such as unusual usages, overprint settings, forgeries and much, much more. More such notes have been added to the latest edition.

KEY SELLING FEATURES:

• The authoritative reference source for GB and Commonwealth information – all stamps from 1840-1970 listed and priced.
• To help readers avoid buying forgeries or fakes, or stamps with forged postmarks, there is helpful information on their identification.
• Strengthened, case bound binding for extra durability.
• Unique listing by SG number.
• Full colour illustrations.
• Invaluable six-page article on stamp condition.
• Helpful guide to valuing stamps on commercial cover up to 1945.
• Prices have once again been revised from cover to cover. The market for fine Commonwealth stamps remains strong, with increases in most sections, some of them quite substantial. Areas of particular strength are to be found in Great Britain used abroad, India and states, Malaya and South Africa, while in New Zealand there are significant increases, right through from the Chalon Heads to the Second Pictorials.

• Whether you are an active buyer of Commonwealth stamps or a dealer, it is vital to be right up to date with this very active market – and there is no more up-to-date reference than the 2023 ‘Part 1’.

Important Additions To The 2023 Edition:

• Revisions to the Great Britain used abroad listings with a number of new additions.
• The early issues of Ceylon reviewed following the publication of Ceylon, The Pence Issues by the Royal Philatelic Society London.
• The ‘Wider and more open S’ variety in the early official stamps of India now illustrated with a fully priced listing.
• New notes on counter coil pairs in New Zealand
• New listing of India and Pakistan stamps used in Dubai.
• Illustrated notes on line and comb perforators added to the Introduction
• New varieties have been added to a number of countries, including Australia, Fiji and South Africa, while previously listed varieties are now illustrated under British East Africa, New South Wales, the Indian States and elsewhere.
• Helpful new notes added throughout, including Burma, New Guinea and Cook Islands.

ABOUT THE EDITOR:

Hugh Jefferies has been a stamp collector for over 60 years, concentrating on the stamps of Great Britain and the Commonwealth. He was the editor of Gibbons Stamp Monthly for over 25 years and has been Stanley Gibbons catalogue editor since 2003.

REVIEWS/ENDORSEMENTS:

…a ‘must buy’
Quite simply an ESSENTIAL volume to sit on the desk of every collector , every auction, and every dealer who ever handles British Commonwealth stamps.

…trust me , you’ll do well to invest in one.

Glen Stephens, 'Stamp News' Australasia

…a joy for the collector whose speciality is vintage stamps
Seasoned collctors consider the annual publication a key resource in pursuing Commonwealth and British Empire items.

Michael Nowlan, Canadian Stamp News

$A90 plus Global Post

Call it - "SG 2023 : Stock 592KL " - please order via new HTTPS encrypted SECURE site - www.tinyurl.com/GlensOrder And please do that NOW. Too many think “I’ll do that later” and then quickly “forget”. I then often lose the stamps in the rubble here, and waste an annoying hour finding them again. :twisted:

All payment details etc are on: www.tinyurl.com/GlenPay - NICE VFU franking is always used, and I ALWAYS use stamps of some kind locally : see member pix of some of that franking here - www.tinyurl.com/GlenCTO COMBINED POSTAGE is fine - save big money when buying more than 1 lot at once! For overseas members, to find out the approx goods cost in YOUR currency, click here - www.xe.com - the $A has CRASHED lately, and for USA buyers etc, my prices are REALLY cheap in your money - lowest for years! MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - don't like it - mail it back within 48 hours of receiving it. No-one ever has yet. :)

Remember, adding another lot of mine (posted by either Admin, GlenStephens or Global Admin or ozstamps) here (or on my RARITY website www.tinyurl.com/RarityGlen ) for sale, in general adds ZERO to your shipping cost, so have a good look at what is on offer on the pages here, in case something else appeals. And "lay-by/layaway" is always possible - email me with any queries to ozstamps [at] outlook dot com - OR "trade-ins" always possible! If you have a pile of surplus stuff, I may well be happy to offset that against this item, see: www.tinyurl.com/GlenBuy

As most know - I do NO fairs or shows, have NO shop, and do NOT bother with eBay or any other auctions. I buy endless bulk lots from Estates, and distress sales etc, in this massive city of 6 million, with no other real stamp buyers here, and offer it here at *NETT* prices for fast turnover. NO "20%-25% Buyer Fees" and “3% credit card fees” to add to my *NETT* prices, as in auction! ZERO extra charged to use any cards - or PayPal in ANY currency. Many similar mouth-watering NETT price offers are being loaded weekly onto - www.tinyurl.com/GlenRare and www.tinyurl.com/StampDeals

Orders over $75 are ALWAYS sent Registered (but Max PO cover is for $A100 only sadly) - cost is extra $A4 local. Request this on order form IF you require it, under $A100. Letter size FOREIGN sendings globally are usually only about $4 untracked. Smallish, large packet items *FOREIGN* up to 500g/1lb are normally sent in stout card pre-paid *EXPRESS* or Registered Envelopes, cost $A20 generally, near always dodging you inward VAT/GST Taxes/Fees! 😊

"All Risk" Insurance is always possible if required as well, and is cheap and prudent at $A2 per $A100 covered locally, or $3 per $A100 overseas - and all buyers are strongly advised to use this, and I generally will add it automatically, unless asked not to. Full detail on all of this - www.tinyurl.com/Glen2-15 - Phone me anytime with any queries on these stamps: 0409 - 399 - 888
:)

£ ½ ¼ ° ¢ € ¥ ° ¾ © ℗ ® © ™ ZAaBbCcXxYyZz123![at]
gmoney
I was online for post number TEN MILLION!

Re: My office copy of Gibbons *2023* Commonwealth Part 1 for just $A90!

Post by gmoney »

Sold to me!
John
gmoney

Post by gmoney »

Order placed.
John
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

Off to John .. an essential book for EVERY stamp den. :)
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!

Return to “Sold lots, or threads moved by mods as they did not qualify via the rules”