WTB: UK overseas Airpack plastic bags etc, used

Others might have what you need -- be specific .. you never know what is out there! But be CERTAIN you have turned "ON" your email access in your account settings, or no-one will be able to contact you. You NEVER know what members of this board have for sale. Do ASK for what you are looking for!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

mozzerb
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Founder Member Joined April 2007

WTB: UK overseas Airpack plastic bags etc, used

Post by mozzerb »

The gist: over the last decade or so the UK post office have issued a number of postal stationery items for overseas mail in plastic bag form, under various names and in various sizes (some very large). They exist for both ordinary mail "Airpack" and security services such as "International Signed For" and "Airsure".

Like most such things, once sent they don't tend to come back to their country of origin, where trying to find used examples is a pain in the backside. So, non-UK collectors or dealers who may have received any -- if you still have them, I would be interested in acquiring them, especially the security service ones. Please comment on this thread or contact me via Stampboards.

An (unused) example of the sort of thing I mean below -- the key distinguishing feature that makes them postal stationery is the Postage Paid indicator:

How to ship and/or display them would be another question, of course, but those are bridges that can be crossed when arrived at.
norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: WTB: UK overseas Airpack plastic bags etc, used

Post by norvic »

Prepaid Airpacks were also produced in decorative designs for use as gift packaging.

This leaflet/card was included in October 1998 packs of Aerogrammes and show that at that time there were two designs, Tulips and Tartan.

Logically these should only have been sent outside the country - I wonder if any of our members outside the UK have seen either of these, or those shown above by Maurice?

Advertising card for Royal Mail Airpacks.
Advertising card for Royal Mail Airpacks.
Postage paid airpacks 1.jpeg
The leaflet 'Mail Made Easy' 2011 edition also shows some of the ordinary Airpacks, and Airsure and International Signed For packs.

Mail Made Easy 2011.
Mail Made Easy 2011.
It would be really good to see some that have been used.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - clearing Machins stock see Modern GB Blog Also almost everything non-GB postal history & postcards I show here is for sale: DM for details.
Mystery Postcard Nos: 265, 290/1/3, 304, 310, 320/2/4/6-8, 331/7/8, 344/6, 353/8, 360/1/3

Return to “WANTED by members - Stamps or FDC or Accessories or images etc.”