Are collectors of Japan stamps now becoming Extinct??

News items. General trends, new issues, new policies etc. **Whatever** you like. WORLDWIDE. Start a new thread on your question. Please do not discuss ebay in THIS forum as we have a separate and popular Forum for that discussion.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Greg Ioannou
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Re: Japan collectors are in extinction?

Post by Greg Ioannou »

Thanks for the link to that site, Hironobu. Very much appreciated.

I wish it was possible to see higher-quality images of the forgeries. I'm going to go blind squinting at those small images!

Regards,

Greg

March
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by March »

unechan wrote:Dear March,

I forgot to mention that the 100 mon stamp image is upside down :shock:

Turn the image 180 degrees, and the value inscription characters do have similar characteristics as those of Hirose (especially Hirose B) shown in the URLs. The rather wide spacings between the three characters seems to be unique to Hirose, and this matches your stamp.

Regards,

-- Hironobu
Wow ! A forgery with an inverted centre ! Hirose wanted a high value forgery :evil:

internaut
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by internaut »

I have a few Japanese seashell stamps and know of many people who collect Japan.

S Wilson

Post by S Wilson »

... recently I purchased two interesting pre-stamped postcards (?) from Japan. I have attached an image showing two sides of the first envelope and one side of the second. The second envelope is blank on the other side.
I would like to know the meaning of the writing on the first (left hand side) postcard. Also, what is the special baseball event that is commemorated by the postmark on the second postcard ?.

Thank you

S Wilson

ligneN
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by ligneN »

Both are cards, not envelopes.

The card shown at left is a private product, just a "form". The bottom inscription says "issued by Nishinomiya shinto shrine"at right. At left is stated the printers/stationey shop which printed this card on the shrines orders.
The markings on reverse are not postal as well. Both read "Nishinomiya Shinto main shrine". The third one depicts the image of same vase, whatever its meaning is.
BTW, the scan shows the reverse turned upside down.

The 2y card at right is a standard 2y domestic card, "parliament bldg." imprint, issued 1948.9.10
The scan is so small one can only guess about the inscription.
My guess is from some discernible characters:
Showa 24 (= 1949) highschool baseball championships in Nishinomiya in memory of

date: Nishinomiya 24.9.20 (Sept. 20, 1949)

Post a detail scan of the portion with the postmark only.
S Wilson wrote:... recently I purchased two interesting pre-stamped postcards (?) from Japan. I have attached an image showing two sides of the first envelope and one side of the second. The second envelope is blank on the other side.
I would like to know the meaning of the writing on the first (left hand side) postcard. Also, what is the special baseball event that is commemorated by the postmark on the second postcard ?.

Thank you

S Wilson

ligneN

Post by ligneN »

March wrote:Japan's first stamps , Dragons 1871

Are these genuine stamps or the masterpiece forgeries of HIROSE or Kotaro WADA ?!?

Thanks
All are forgeries of course. And no masterpieces. A good clue is to compare the dragon heads with those of definitely genuine dragon stamps.
As of the four shown here, only the dragon head design of the 500 mon forgery looks quite similiar to genuine ones.
Dragon heads of the other 3 forgeries look like nasty cartoon parody of dragons, with shrunk heads, loong dreaded hairs...

ligneN

Post by ligneN »

Greg Ioannou wrote:Thanks for the link to that site, Hironobu. Very much appreciated.

I wish it was possible to see higher-quality images of the forgeries. I'm going to go blind squinting at those small images!

Regards,

Greg
Get the ISJP-CD-rom on forgeries:
http://www.isjp.org/isjp/CDROM.html

regards
ligneN

S Wilson

Post by S Wilson »

Thank you very much for the translation, ligneN :D

As per your request I have attached an enlarged picture of the baseball postmark.

S Wilson

unechan
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Post by unechan »

S Wilson wrote:Thank you very much for the translation, ligneN :D

As per your request I have attached an enlarged picture of the baseball postmark.

S Wilson

LigneN's guess was perfect; the inscription in this commemorative datestamp could be translated as;

"In Commemoration of Showa 24 Japanese Highschool Baseball Championship"
(read as "Showa 24 zenkoku kōtō gakkō yakyū senshuken taikai kinen")
(Showa) 24. 8. 20
Nishinomiya

FYI, the Japanese high school baseball championship is held annually in August at Hanshin Koshien baseball stadium in Nishinomiya city, and we still do have commemorative datestamps every year. This one I found on the web is of Heisei 25 (=2013).

Regards, Hironobu
unechan / Osaka, Japan
Collecting Japanese stamps, stationeries from Meiji era and hand engraved revenues

Sarko#19

Post by Sarko#19 »

Got one here...is a hard country to collect at least from this area!

S Wilson

Post by S Wilson »

...thank you very much for your informative reply Hironobu :D

I have visited Japan a number of times and still remember watching the baseball games in the "Big Egg" (Tokyo Dome). The exciting game, the enthusiasm of the crowd, the lovely "beer" ladies serving beer from backpacks containing a minature keg of beer, the balloon hovering overhead and taking photo's of the game...

S Wilson

patg
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by patg »

Once again asking for help, from those that can. :D

Japan 1921 Scott 163,165. 50th Anniv of Japan postal service and stamps. With some nice repo's of Japan's first issues.

If you would please, translate the cancel, and tell if there is a date anywhere to be seen.

As always, thank you,
patg

:D "I don't have a lot - But I like what I got" :D

tonymacg
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by tonymacg »

The CDSs are from Demachi (now part of Tonami), Toyama; they commemorate the 50th anniversary of postal services. The dates on the CDSs are 20 April 1921.
de Selby lives, and will return

patg

Post by patg »

Thanks tonymacg:

Would this be considered a "first day of issue" commeratitive? It is on an unaddressed post card.
I don't wish to appear ungrateful for having this turn up (I'm not), but it would have been something if it was the full set. :D 2010 Scott used set ~$140

(picked off of eBay)

Best to all,
patg

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Sorry, but I have no idea whether it's an FDC. I don't collect Japan :D

patg

Post by patg »

My fault. I thought from your translation skills, you had an interest. (But, thanks for that :D )

Maybe if one of our Japan collectors stops by, they would offer an opinion.

Thanks,
patg

philatarium

Post by philatarium »

According to my old 2001 Japanese Specialized catalog, that is the correct date and the correct first day cancel. There were various cities for the first day cancel, not just Tokyo.

If I'm reading the catalog correctly (unlike Tony's, my Japanese is old, rusty and serves no good purpose), the set of four on cover with that cancel would catalog at ¥180,000, or, using a simplified ¥100/$1, $1800. But I find these catalog values are way high, and I usually divide that number in half to get an upper bound on what the price might be, so that would put you at about $900.

I don't know what the asking price is, and if it's well under that, then perhaps it would be worth snapping up. But I also don't know how heavily forged this item might be, and I might be skeptical about it without better images, understanding the condition better, and depending on who the seller is.

Sorry that's not more helpful, but perhaps that helps move you forward a little bit.

-- Dave
- Japan & Korea: http://www.bidstart.com/stores/philatarium
- member: American Philatelic Society, Int'l Society for Japanese Philately, & others

patg

Post by patg »

Edit: Dave, Just reread your post. You quoted set of four on FDC :oops: (Must... read... slower...) :D

Dave,
One more piece of the puzzle. I picked it up in a box lot of older stuff, so I have it at hand. If that's a possible price range, then closer inspection is required.

Thanks,
patg

philatarium

Post by philatarium »

Patg: I'm sorry, I just quickly glanced at that pic. (Actually, it didn't show up at first when I got the notification about the thread.) It is the high-value (10 sen) stamp that shoots it into the stratosphere.

The catalog doesn't price the FDC other than as the full set. What I'll try to do tomorrow (please remind me if I slip up) is scan in the relevant bit of the catalog, and see if Tony can try to zero in on more accurate info than I was able to. (The catalog does price some other special cancels, but I don't think it means the FD cancel.)

Is there anything at all on the other side of the card?

Sorry for almost giving you a (good) heart attack there!

-- Dave
- Japan & Korea: http://www.bidstart.com/stores/philatarium
- member: American Philatelic Society, Int'l Society for Japanese Philately, & others

ligneN

Post by ligneN »

The actual version of JSCA Vol. 1 states:

FDC 4 values with special dater y180.ooo
Set 4 values on picture post card (Including official ones) with special dater* y55.ooo

*means the official large size pictorial commemorative postmark (LCD)

y55.ooo means an up to the envaluation for a postmarked set of loose stamps of 15%. So add 15% to Scott or SG and You have Your catalog value.

The set on FDC (envelope, unadresse or mailed) is quite rare.
Not so on picture post card.

This is true for all japanese commemoratives which come with officially issued ppc: on ppc with first day pmk., they are 40% at max. of the real FDC (cover) envaluation.

regards
ligneN

larry*l
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by larry*l »

I see that most of the posts here are old, but I hope that this topic is still alive. I have a lot of stamps from Japan as well as Russia and the USA. I do sell my duplicates but with the economy the way it is, I am willing to give trading a try. I have two Japan collections; one used and one unused. I no longer sell on eBay. I moved my store to ebid.net.

Larry L.
www.larrystamps-n-gifts.com

Lundy

Post by Lundy »

Hi all,

I picked up these two nice sock on the nose postmarks which I enjoy, I am about to post them on another thread but ideally would like to add where they are from (also for my collection)

Grateful If anybody can identify them

Thanks

Lundy :D

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

As best I can make out, the first is (upside down :D ) from Sonogi in the old kuni of Hizen, the modern prefecture of Nagasaki, dated 12 January 1898

The second is from Kajiki in the modern prefecture of Kagoshima, dated (I think) 26 May 1887.

dptashny

Post by dptashny »

I had to laugh when I saw this topic. I am a collector of worldwide stamps, but I especially like Japan. In fact, I probably have more Japanese stamps than any other country except France, my specialty.

Here is just one of my Japan pages in my stockbook (how it currently store my collection:

http://www.daniel.ptashny.com/files/collecting/stamps/japan_album.jpg

Sorry, the file is too big to show here.

ligneN

Post by ligneN »

These are comparatively large post offices. Full strikes of those as on the 3 S. are envalued around $2-$4 net.
Same, but turned upside down, half of those. This is a general pricing. As known, some odd denominations like 5 R. or 8 S. resp. high values from 25 S.-up command more.

Lundy

Post by Lundy »

Thanks Tony, I will pop them on the socked on the nose thread shortly apologies for the upside down one

Thanks ligneN, I never worry too much about value but that is useful to know, as it happens I paid 50p for the two so I was never going to be too bad off :)

La Thibordiere

Post by La Thibordiere »

dptashny wrote:I had to laugh when I saw this topic. I am a collector of worldwide stamps, but I especially like Japan. In fact, I probably have more Japanese stamps than any other country except France, my specialty.

Here is just one of my Japan pages in my stockbook (how it currently store my collection:

http://www.daniel.ptashny.com/files/collecting/stamps/japan_album.jpg

Sorry, the file is too big to show here.
Hello I am a new today member & was about to ask some questions when I saw your thread above. I have literally 100's of 1000's of Japanese stamps & have now decided to get them all sorted & put in some kind of order to know what I have in perfect condition, 2nds & spares to sell later & it is that which I would like to know how others do this as the themes are also in their 1000's...price written on stamp is of no help either as there are too many. I have looked at your example & notice that your stamps are in no order whatsoever on this page.
I seek your advice as a long time collector please.

hutch
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by hutch »

Welcome to Stampboards La Thibordiere. There are a few of us here that are trying to put together a nice collection of Japanese stamps. It is quite an intriguing country.

I'm inclined to think that dptashny's page may just be one of his pages of spare stamps.(?) It would be too hard to keep track of your stamps if they aren't in date order.

Mine are stored in much the same format but in Vario sheets and by date and order of issue...of course, some are not quite right but I will get there eventually.

I know I will regret it, but as usual, I have not left any spaces for future additions which means I will have to re-house the whole lot! It is such a pain to have to do that! But such an enjoyable pain! And, it means the stamps are getting a bit of air and light!

Here's one of my pages...pretty woefull I know. Some years are much better than others but in my defence, I have only really started to expand my Japanese stamps over the last few months...my older ones are far more complete...if you can call them that as well!!

Do you collect any other countries?

When you get your stamps organised, I would be interested in swapping or maybe buying when you have met the guide lines for Stampboards. I am sure there will be a few others here that would be interested in swapping as well!

hutch
I am having fun collecting WW and Indian States.

La Thibordiere

Post by La Thibordiere »

Thanks for your reply Hutch & you may also have replied to one of my questions & that is "how to sort/arrange/stock" Japanese stamps?? so it would appear by year & order of issue in the 1st instance & then however. This obviously means I have to find & buy all the catalogues??? DRAT...which means I will never live long enough to sort my millions. I thought that once I had sourced enough to be able to sort etc there would be an easy way of arranging to avoid what you say "unloading & re-arranging as new stamps are sourced". To some degree I have conquered this situation by buying ringbinders & loose leaf stock pages which works quite well in my present arrangement (by 1. theme & then by 2. size & 3. stamp price on the face) but this would not suffice for the expert/purist collector.
Yes I have lots of most countries around the world which I will be selling. Swapping would not be really possible as I do not know what I would want to swap for except by country i.e. a.n.y. country for Israel as I have more than enough stamps from Japan that I can handle because I bought & bought & bought & bought Japan kiloware.
Yes I have lots to learn which I actually enjoy...something new every day is a tonic.
Where are you from Hutch?

ligneN

Post by ligneN »

Sorting tons of japanese stamps quick & dirty - apply the wisdom of the kiloware masters, presort:

(1)
a) small sizes (18.5x22 mm printed area) are mostly definitives.
Only very few new year / commemoratives exist in this size.

b) the airmail stamps, showing mostly airplanes resp. the 1953 big Buddha + small plane.
There is a 1950 pheasant air mail set, large size, odd values 16y-144y.

(2) any other ones are comemmoratives or parks; new year stamps show toys and show postcard denomination only until 1989.

Note there are almost nil multicolour (and few bicolour) japanese stamps issued before 1955.

Presort them by imprinted face value
5y single colour = 1947/48
8y = 1948/51

(letter postage / postcard postage)
10y / 5y multicolour = 1951/66
--- all stamps issued 1966f. imprinted NIPPON ---
15y / 7y = 1966/72
20y / 10y = 1972/76
50y / 20y = 1976/81
60y / 40 y = 1981/86
62y / 41y = 1989/94
80y / 50y = 1994-2014
82y = from 2014.4.1

There are some higher values 1957/present intended for international mail:
24y, 40, 50, 90, 110, 130...

Then get a japanese all-colour catalog (Sakura or JSDA), these are cheapos and usually one does not require the most current one. They are sorted by definitives - greetings - airs - NYear greetings - commemoratives - parks plus some post-AD2000 crap based on sheikhdom Japonistan thinking.

hutch

Post by hutch »

Hi La Thibordiere, I am in Australia.

I am currently doing a swap of Japanese stamps with another SB member in Canada for German stamps. I scan my spare German stamps...she picks which ones she would like...she scans her Japanese stamps and I pick out what I need. Works perfectly!

Swapping is the best way to build up your collection! I just have a basic catalogue that I sort out my stamps with. If I need any extra specialised help with Japan, I just ask my Canadian friend who is a bit more up to date with all the stamps than I am!

Sorting each country by at least the date makes it so much easier to find the issue you are looking for! Any other way, in my view is just asking for more stress and pain!

Basically, any spare stamps issued in a particular year are all placed on the same page in my spares book. If they are in issue order, well that is even better but I am never too over concerned if they are not as they are easy enough to find as long as they are in the correct year.

As far as my main collection is concerned, now that I have really started to try to collect as many as I can achieve, as I go along, I have started leaving spaces for all the stamps I have not got yet. It means a lot of empty pages and as in the page I showed before a lot more rearranging when I do get the ones I need!

It is so much fun and such a challenge to set yourself a goal.

My goal at the moment is to try completeing Germany and Japan! Two not very easy goals I must admit, but I shall have have fun trying...well, in between all the other countries as well! But those are my more serious World interests at the moment!

If you ever have any Japanese stamps up for swapping, let me know! I would be most interested! And if you need any German stamps, I have quite a few pages of spares ready to post up!

Welcome again to StampBoards La Thibordiere. Enjoy your time here. Have a look around . Best place to be when you collect stamps!

hutch
I am having fun collecting WW and Indian States.

hirobear
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member
Green Star Less Than 10 Posts Member

Post by hirobear »

Hi Everyone,

New to these forums, but not new to collecting Japan. I collect anything mint up to 1960, but have a particular preference for old koban, new koban, and tazawa. Particularly like multiples.

Anyone else in their early 30s and collect Japan?

abakus

Post by abakus »

Hi Hirobear,

I'm 28 years old and collecting Japan and Ryukyu. If you want to swap/trade, you can send me a list of what you're missing (sakura catalogue numbers or Michel (German catalogue) numbers; alternatively you can use the www.stampworld.com numbers since that's a "catalogue we can both access for free). However, I don't have too many early mint duplicates.
Personally, I especially like the national park issues and airmail stamps. They're simply beautiful! But here in Germany, my problem is that I don't really know another Japan collector. It's definitely not one of the "big" fields over here.
Merry christmas,
Karolin

abakus

Help with Japanese catalogue

Post by abakus »

Hi all,
last year I bought this catalogue in Japan

I think it's a really interesting and fun one if you can read Japanese, since it contains a lot of stamp info and little columns. Unfortunately, it only contains Furusato (regional stamps), National Parks, and Ryukyu, which at the time I purchased it was enough for me getting started on Ryukyu.
The problem is now I would like to purchase the other volumes, as well. Volume 1 (Commemorative stamps) is actually sold on ebay - but at a ridiculously high price... They want 38,5$ (discounted from 43$) for a book that in Japan costs a mere 1440Yen (around 11$) plus 9,50$ postage from Japan!!! For that, in Japan, I can easily buy all three volumes and pay less than for one on ebay.

I would try to order the books via a book shop, but for that I would need the ISBN (international book identification number), which, obviously, I only know for the volume I already have.
So if any of you are living in Japan and happen to come across one of the books listed below or even use it yourselves, could you send me the ISBNs?

I am looking for:
ビジュアル日本切手カタログ (Visual Japanese stamps catalogue) Vol. 1 記念切手編 (Commemorative stamps) 1894-2000; published but I don't know when (prob. 2012)
ビジュアル日本切手カタログ (Visual Japanese stamps catalogue) Vol. 3 年賀-グリーティング切手編 (New Year and Greeting stamps); published October 2014
ビジュアル日本切手カタログ (Visual Japanese stamps catalogue) Vol. 4 普通切手編 (Definitives); published October 2015

All volumes are published by 公益財団法人日本郵趣協会 (Japan Philatelic Society Foundation).

Thanks everyone!

ligneN

Re: Help with Japanese catalogue

Post by ligneN »

Hello Karolin,

You can buy these directly in Japan from JPS, resp. their publishing house JPP using a creditcard.
Original japanese price + ?y770 printed matter surface mail postage.
info@yushu.or.jp

They will refer You to JPP, and once order is confirmed, for security either send cc# by .jpg or fax them.

To collect post-WWII Japan, I recommend, also by JPS:
Sakura (colour pocket size and useful tick-boxes, does not have stationery since 2014 revision), and JSCA Vol. 2 (1946-present inc. stationery).
Ryukyu is in JSCA Vol. 3, but only required for specialists.
Overview:
https://yushu.or.jp/book/index.html

Dont get bothered by the 'sold out' sign, they are available via japanese online export bookshops like Maruzen, Amazon.jp etc. or used book shops' ---> google.co.jp, using kanji search terms (copy from Yushu homeparge)
BTW, Amazon.jp and other large online media sellers in Japan always show ISBN, even if a item is out of stock.

regards
ligneN
abakus wrote:Hi all,
last year I bought this catalogue in Japan

I think it's a really interesting and fun one if you can read Japanese, since it contains a lot of stamp info and little columns. Unfortunately, it only contains Furusato (regional stamps), National Parks, and Ryukyu, which at the time I purchased it was enough for me getting started on Ryukyu.
The problem is now I would like to purchase the other volumes, as well. Volume 1 (Commemorative stamps) is actually sold on ebay - but at a ridiculously high price... They want 38,5$ (discounted from 43$) for a book that in Japan costs a mere 1440Yen (around 11$) plus 9,50$ postage from Japan!!! For that, in Japan, I can easily buy all three volumes and pay less than for one on ebay.

I would try to order the books via a book shop, but for that I would need the ISBN (international book identification number), which, obviously, I only know for the volume I already have.
So if any of you are living in Japan and happen to come across one of the books listed below or even use it yourselves, could you send me the ISBNs?

I am looking for:
ビジュアル日本切手カタログ (Visual Japanese stamps catalogue) Vol. 1 記念切手編 (Commemorative stamps) 1894-2000; published but I don't know when (prob. 2012)
ビジュアル日本切手カタログ (Visual Japanese stamps catalogue) Vol. 3 年賀-グリーティング切手編 (New Year and Greeting stamps); published October 2014
ビジュアル日本切手カタログ (Visual Japanese stamps catalogue) Vol. 4 普通切手編 (Definitives); published October 2015

All volumes are published by 公益財団法人日本郵趣協会 (Japan Philatelic Society Foundation).

Thanks everyone!

abakus

Post by abakus »

Thanks Lingnel,
that's really great info! I had tried some Japanese stamp shops, but they didn't want to ship abroad, so I thought JPP wouldn't either! Gonna send them an email in Japanese tomorrow ;-)
BTW, I'm using an old Sakura catalogue, the 2012 version is perfect, since it also contains Ryukyu. The philately shop I visited once in a while on Okinawa told me that the newer versions of Sakura dropped the Ryukyu section. JSCA is great, too, but I can get it at the philatelic library in Munich for free \(^.^)/
Karolin

Goodwin
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by Goodwin »

Hi,
I've just found this thread, there's some great information here.
I've been collecting Japanese stamps since the late 1970s - or should I say hoarding! I have a 64-page Lighthouse stock book chock full. I am now slowly sorting out the stamps and mounting them (used only) on Steiner (Stamp Albums Web) pages. I use Stanley Gibbons Part 18 (woefully out of date) and Sakura 2013 catalogues. Hopefully this thread will be kept alive. :)

Mainly collecting GB, working back from QEII. Often side-tracked into Japan, GB-era Hong Kong definitives, Ceylon and Australia pre-decimal.

sebjarod

Post by sebjarod »

A very well written article in the March issue of British Stamp Magazine introduced to the definitive series Nature of Japan, issued between 1992 and 1998, and sold until the beginning of this decade. Author: Nicholas Pertwee.
Picture from the Japanese Philatelic Society's new stamp issues (1998-...)

BettyAnn
Blue Star less than 5 posts NEWBIE!
Blue Star less than 5 posts NEWBIE!

Post by BettyAnn »

I'm a Japan collector as well, tho mostly I have 1990s to 2014, tho I would like to start with classics soon. It's hard for me to find older collections and most of my collection is from eBay kiloware.

Individual stamps and mixtures from classical period seems to go for a good price and doesn't last long it seems.ao there's some collectors out there.

Lundy

Post by Lundy »

I am going to have another go at getting my Japanese stamps in order and before I get to the Koban issues, I am keen to try and flush out the earlier forgeries from the small number I have.

I would be grateful for any help with the following, I have not gone out of my way to buy them so I am expecting most, if not all to be forgeries! but most large damaged so I may get lucky and have the odd reference copy...

This appears mint no gum with a large fault and thin at the left

This appears to have been stuck to paper as I am guessing it has virtually fallen apart...

Last few to follow, thanks all,

Lundy

Post by Lundy »

DJCMH

Post by DJCMH »

For those looking for more specialized information on Classical Japan and can either read Japanese or have access to those who can help you with translations, the new 2016 edition of the JSDA Specialized Catalog v. 1 was released earlier this autumn.

With shipping direct from Japan via Amazon.jp, the cost was only ~US$30.00 shipping included!
APS #173088 Stamp Catalog Coordinator for Colnect Online Catalogue https://colnect.com/en/stamps

satsuma
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by satsuma »

Hello
I have quite a few spares of the Japanese parks series, and sundry others through to about 1970.
If you have any Australia KGV 4d orange/violet/blue email me to see if we can organise some swaps.

Satsuma

john6625

Post by john6625 »

All Photobucket “Ransom” images above have been replaced, and saved forever.

John :)
Join the August 2020 Cover Exchange: https://stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=91614 ..... OR ....
Join the August 2020 Postcard Exchange: https://stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=91615

Gillian

Re: Are collectors of Japan stamps now becoming Extinct??

Post by Gillian »

I have a lot of Japanese stamps, but I don’t particularly look for them. My husband is a keen radio ham and receives qsl cards in envelopes, which he passes on to me for the stamps. A lot of these are Japanese and I am running out of space for them.

Gillian

Return to “Discuss stamps - and *anything* at ALL happening with stamps”