Australia Post released 750 x IMPERFORATE sheets of 12 mini-sheets of 4 x $2 stamps, on 25 November 2008.
You needed to phone a special '800' number after midday, and maximum order was a sheet a person, and they sold out within hours as you'd expect.
All the $2 stamps depict the massive Qantas Airbus A380.
These are really neat sheets .... there is a clever use of high gloss extra laminate/varnish coating on selected parts of the design that really makes it eye-catching. It really "POPS"!
On the Qantas Kangaroo on tail, the large word AVIATION, and the large plane at right side. Parts of it with the right light on it look almost holographic as you can see in the large shot of the sheet of 12. 8)
Each full sheet is foil numbered in lower right margin, and also comes with a hand numbered card of guarantee that only 750 uncut sheets in TOTAL were sold including all left and right number ones, as they offered with Architecture imperfs - although they were done in a much larger 5,000 run - and are still much sought after.
Indeed there were only 375 left panes 12, and 375 x right panes 12 of the Qantas ... both these sheets of 12 blocks are marked thus lower left.
This is a Qantas Airbus A380 issue and that is a red hot theme, even for non stamp collectors. And it is imperforate. It is limited, it is 100% OFFICIAL PO, and will be RED hot globally - just like the stamp border colour!
These are larger items .. lots 5 and 6 for example, fit absolutely PERFECTLY onto a Hagner sheet or stockbook page.
There was **NO** other way to obtain this sheet IMPERFORATE. PO never sold them in any other form.
I am selling these as follows:
1. Fully imperforate, being a block of 4 x $2 stamps - $A75 a pane of 4. (Stock 482YL)
2. As above but top RIGHT pane, with massive RH margin and all the colour bars as you can see. $A80 (Stock 482YN)
3. As above but top LEFT corner pane with all the colour "targets" in top margin. $A80 (Stock 482YP)
4. An uncut imperf pair of 2 of the panes 4 $A130 (Stock 482YQ)
5. A lower margin pane 4, with all the printer colour Registration marks on margin as shown. $A80 (Stock 482YR)
6. A vertical pair from top RIGHT of sheet with all colour bars and mega wide margin! $A140 (Stock 482YS)
7. A corner block of 4 panes of 4 x $2 stamps. $A250. (Stock 482YT)
8. Lower RH corner SINGLE pane, with Certificate and colour bars at right. $A200 (Stock 482YU)
9. Single pane 4 with either "LEFT PANE" and "RIGHT PANE" wording. $A85 (Stock 482YZ)
11. The full uncut sheet of 12 with foil sheet number, as shown above, matching numbered certificate, and all in the thick archive flat storage box with white gloss archive paper, special thick black storage folder and special large sticker on outer, and hard shipping folder - $A550 (Stock 482YX)
12. Or the matched set of TWO full uncut sheets of 12 marked both "LEFT PANE" and "RIGHT PANE" from master sheet, each with foil sheet number, as shown above, each with matching numbered certificate, and each in the thick archive flat storage box with white gloss archive paper, special thick black storage folder and special large sticker on outer, and hard shipping folder - $A995 (Stock 482YC)
Registered Postage globally at cost .. I'll advise, based on outer size of what you order. For the larger items overseas please get quote, as the folders are large in outer size, but are NOT very heavy, so post cost not too silly. 8)
And as everyone knows, nice CTO stamps under plastic used on ALL sendings as always!
This uncut sheet offering sold out in hours from AP and is the ONLY source of these OFFICIAL IMPERFS.
Order now - - stock has just arrived, and these are strictly first in - best dressed. 8) 8)
Airbus A380 - like Concorde is a HUGE collector theme .. often by folks who do not otherwise collect stamps.
I am asking $A750 just for a few Concorde stamp bits and pieces from my flight!
I was invited to the official party at the Sydney Hilton when the first Airbus A380 commercial flight on earth arrived, (and was offered a seat on the return flight by a VIP friend as he needed to fly back to the USA that day!) and folks from all over the world paid a fortune to be on that inaugural round trip flight.
They are all A380 nuts. I chatted with many of them at the function and they are addicts. If each one of THEM bought just one of these panes, they alone would consume the entire issue - think about it!
Every Qantas staff member worldwide got given a special A380 pin, and a PO pack of the PERFORATED issue, and many of them are now in the market for the IMPERF sheet. 8)
Call it - "Qantas Imperfs – Stock Code 482Y*" - please order via SECURE site: - https://tinyurl.com/GlenOrder
For overseas members, to find out the approx cost in YOUR currency, click here - https://www.xe.com - the $A has CRASHED lately, and for USA buyers etc, these prices are REALLY cheap in your money!
MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - don't like it - mail it back within 48 hours of receiving it. No-one ever has yet.
Remember, adding another lot of mine (posted by either Admin, GlenStephens or Global Administrator or ozstamps) here (or on my website https://www.glenstephens.com/rarity.html ) for sale in general adds ZERO to your shipping cost, so have a good look at what is on offer here, in case something else appeals:
And "lay-by/layaway" is always possible - email me with any queries to glen [at] glenstephens.com - OR "trade-ins" always possible! If you have a pile of surplus stuff, I may well be happy to offset that against this item, see: https://tinyurl.com/GlenBuy
As most know - I do NO fairs or shows, have NO shop, and do NOT bother with ebay or any other auctions. I buy endless bulk lots from Estates, and distress sales etc, in this massive city of 6 million, with no other real stamp buyers, and offer it here at NETT prices for fast turnover. NO "20%-25% Buyer Fees" and “3% credit card fees” to add to my NETT prices, as in auction!
Many similar mouth-watering NETT price offers are being loaded weekly onto - https://tinyurl.com/GlenRare and https://tinyurl.com/GlenSpec
All stampboards lots $A100 and under are generally mailed Unregistered and untracked at YOUR total risk, unless YOU specifically note otherwise on order form. 1000s of my transactions here for 10 years have been safe by normal post.
Orders over $100 are normally sent Registered (PO cover is to $A100 only sadly) - cost is extra $A4 local, and about $A14 ($US10) extra foreign, depending on weight. Only YOU know if your street or Apartment address is secure - a large packet covered in pretty stamps left outside, just might tempt passers-by? Only YOU know that, I do not. Mail contractors these days are often lazy and leave packets on top of mailboxes etc in view of public, and/or out in wet weather etc. PO Boxes are FAR safer.
"All Risk" Insurance is always possible if required as well, and is cheap at $A2 per $100 covered - and all are strongly advised to use this, and I will, unless asked not to. Full detail on all of this - https://tinyurl.com/Glen2-15 It is like Travel Insurance - decline that when booking your ticket, and THEN tell Qantas you really meant to take it 3 weeks back, and you now need to cancel your ticket for no penalty, and see how you go with THAT one!
As per stampboard convention - this lot is offered exclusively first to board members - and on no other sales venue.
For members who make a BANK TRANSFER or Money Order etc, you WILL generally get your goods faster, as it saves me some hassle - but you MUST email me the confirmation number etc - many "forget"!