creativityplus4, msksur68 - eBay seller to be beware of

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

peterh
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Re: creativityplus4, msksur68- eBay seller to be beware of?

Post by peterh »

I think you're right Tony - they are mostly folk trying to complete a used GVI collection or album and are happy with what they are getting.

I have contacted a couple of those that gave him positive feedback - one said thanks but it looked OK to him, and another admitted to not really knowing what genuine usage looked like but I think I warned him off from bidding again on any of Mr Suri's creations.

peterh

Post by peterh »

Well, he did buy this - for 106 US dollars (approx £65.48), so let's see how long it takes for his fakes to appear.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Orchha-States ... 0795308211

tonymacg
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by tonymacg »

peterh wrote:... so let's see how long it takes for his fakes to appear.
About as long as it takes for him to draw cancellations onto them, I'd say :(
de Selby lives, and will return

peterh

Post by peterh »

I may turn out to be wrong, but I think Mr Suri may have just opened another eBay account.

The account zoomvalued was opened on 29th November, having spent a short time that day with the name visha-uk. Location is listed as London

At present, zoomvalued has zero feedback, and just one item, an Orchha stamp with the typical Suri fake postmark:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ORCHA-ORCHHA-1938-42-FU-CAT-350-SG ... 1180234492

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

I find zoomvalued now has three more items for sale, all looking typically 'creative'.

They include this Muscat SG O10

with the undated single circle cancel of 1873. Of course, it's so reassuring to see that the date in the CDS 'NOV 10' is exactly the same as that in the illustration in Gibbons :lol: Must be genuine, mustn't it?

peterh

Post by peterh »

Well spotted Tony!

...meanwhile, in another part of the forest...

...as msksur68 he has another 29 items to tempt us with, mostly his usuals of Bahawalpur, Rajasthan, Jaipur, Idar and Orchha with faked cancellations, a couple of replica Zeppelin covers sold as genuine, a Bushire Under British Occupation which I assume is a forged overprint, and something of a departure, a Fiji postage due, no doubt with fake cancellation (maybe the stamp is a forgery as well?):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1940-FIJI-POSTAGE-DUE-1-SGD17-CAT- ... 1079060557

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Peterh, I'm shocked that you could doubt that Fiji Postage Due. The cancellation is so obviously from Fiji, and of the right period ... unless he used that Muscat single-ring CDS by mistake, of course :lol:

aethelwulf

Post by aethelwulf »

tonymacg wrote:Image

with the undated single circle cancel of 1873
So either some KGVI stamps fell through a wormhole back in time; that canceller was in use for a really long time; or there's something fishy going on. Couldn't possibly by the third option. :wink:
Collecting Mongolia; Thailand; Indo-China; Mourning Covers; OHMS.

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Nooooooo :lol:

stampgirl05
Blue Star less than 5 posts NEWBIE!
Blue Star less than 5 posts NEWBIE!

Post by stampgirl05 »

tonymacg wrote:I find zoomvalued now has three more items for sale, all looking typically 'creative'.

They include this Muscat SG O10

with the undated single circle cancel of 1873. Of course, it's so reassuring to see that the date in the CDS 'NOV 10' is exactly the same as that in the illustration in Gibbons :lol: Must be genuine, mustn't it?
The ovpt says oman, so why is it that it is listed as muscat. That is a different country :!: :!:

jduester
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by jduester »

stampgirl05 wrote:
The ovpt says oman, so why is it that it is listed as muscat. That is a different country :!: :!:
The overprint says "Al Bu Said 1363" and nothing else. After lengthy discussions of various options between Sultan Said bin Taimur and the British, it was finally decided to issue this overprint on Indian stamps at the Indian Post Office in Muscat in November 1944 to commemorate the bicentenary of the Al Bu Sa'id Dynasty. In any case, Oman is the country and Muscat is a port city within that country and presently its capital.

Zanzibar issued a nice set simultaneously:

For the 250th anniversary, Oman issued a set of 15 stamps and a souvenir sheet (SG 419-433, MS434; Mi 382-396, Block 11) on 28 Dec 1994. Unfortunately, they got the dates for reigns of the first Busaidi rulers wrong on the 1994 stamps as they followed the chronology of Ḥumaid Ibn-Muḥammad Ibn-Ruzaiq, the court chronicler of the Al Bu Said, which I think has been sufficiently proven wrong by other historians.

Joachim
Collecting anything related to Oman. This includes India used in Muscat and Gwadur, British overprints used in Muscat,
Muscat & Oman, Sultanate of Oman, rebel issues State of Oman & Dhufar. And also non-philatelic material!

HayeSmyth
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by HayeSmyth »

Just a heads up; msksur68 has come out of 'retirement'. Quite a mixed bag of stuff being listed at the moment; both legitimate and questionable!

This scuddy looking piece, HONG KONG,QV PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF,ON THICK PAPER,COMMONWEALTH,INDIA, INDIAN STATES. Item number: 251795437995 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251795437995?
Item number 331448517652 has just ended:. Looks like a repro to me and perhaps the final price reflects the bidders suspicions too.1945 ,GERMANY, FIELD POST, U BOAT PICTURE AT BACK, BR.COMMONWEALTH,INDIAN STATES https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331448517652?
There are other dubious Zeppelin covers, Japanese overprints, Indian States overprints. The Poonch ones might be worth a look! And other 'gems', oh! and a nice bicycle too.

peterh

Post by peterh »

95℅ of what Mr Suri puts on eBay is either a complete forgery, has a forged overprint or a fake cancellation. The current Poonch items are forgeries.

Also, many of his 'sold' items are the result of his own shill bids winning. A number of his items have reappeared several times having been 'sold' on each occasion.

peterh

Post by peterh »

Sunil Suri aka msksur68, creativityplus4 and zoomvalued continues to peddle his fakes.

On 5 February, as zoomvalued, he purchased this on eBay as a 'Best Offer' for somewhere under US$ 4.40:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PAKISTAN-BAHAWALPUR-SCOTT-O21-O24- ... 1114343477

Closeup of the 10 rupees

Now, as msksur68, he has the same 10 rupees, which is now provided with a fake cancellation. I'm not sure if he also clips the perf tips a little or just trims the image so that the perfs look different, but there are small marks, perf outlines and centring which indicate the stamp is the same one.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1948-BAHAWALPUR-SG027-C-42-USED-KG ... 1875780471

For those that are unaware, most Bahawalpur stamps are common unused but scarce used. This stamp, SG O27, is catalogued in SG at £0.80 mint and £42.00 used.

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Anyone who'd buy used Bahawalpur from this gentleman should be barred from buying stamps of any sort, until they had undergone an education course :lol:

peterh

Post by peterh »

You are right Tony, although I feel like buying a few lots from him just to build up his negative feedback.

If enough people did the same, I wonder if we could manage to get him closed down?

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

peterh wrote:You are right Tony, although I feel like buying a few lots from him just to build up his negative feedback.

If enough people did the same, I wonder if we could manage to get him closed down?
Certainly cannot hurt. And you would not be the only one to do so, to ebay seller of stamp fakes msksur68 :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Will make buyers far more careful re bidding, that is for sure. :idea:

Certified
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by Certified »

peterh wrote: Now, as msksur68, he has the same 10 rupees, which is now provided with a fake cancellation. I'm not sure if he also clips the perf tips a little or just trims the image so that the perfs look different, but there are small marks, perf outlines and centring which indicate the stamp is the same one.
Yes, it is the same stamp. msksur68 either clips the perfs to even them out, or uses photo-editing software to make them appear nice and even.

tonymacg

Re: creativityplus4, msksur68 - eBay seller to be beware of

Post by tonymacg »

He's also lately taken to trimming the perfs entirely from stamps, and offering them as imperf singles.

This is really seriously annoying. Forgeries shouldn't insult your intelligence :evil:

ottawasteve

Post by ottawasteve »

HayeSmyth wrote:Just a heads up; msksur68 has come out of 'retirement'. Quite a mixed bag of stuff being listed at the moment; both legitimate and questionable!

This scuddy looking piece, HONG KONG,QV PHOTOGRAPHIC PROOF,ON THICK PAPER,COMMONWEALTH,INDIA, INDIAN STATES. Item number: 251795437995 https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/251795437995?
Item number 331448517652 has just ended:. Looks like a repro to me and perhaps the final price reflects the bidders suspicions too.1945 ,GERMANY, FIELD POST, U BOAT PICTURE AT BACK, BR.COMMONWEALTH,INDIAN STATES https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331448517652?
There are other dubious Zeppelin covers, Japanese overprints, Indian States overprints. The Poonch ones might be worth a look! And other 'gems', oh! and a nice bicycle too.
The U boat cover has some very bizarre writing...perhaps the notorious Deutsche-Sanskrit variant?

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Deutsche-Gujarati, I thought ... :lol:

jduester

Post by jduester »

msksur68 is active on eBay again with apparently fake cancellations on the Muscat Al Bu Said 1944 overprint issue (Service stamps), see eBay items

There are over 20 bids on some items and bids have reached a high level - too high for bidders who may wish to have samples of fake cancels as a reference. And collectors of that area of Muscat / Oman are generally a knowledgeable lot and well aware of the cancellation issues afflicting the 1944 Al Bu Sa'id anniversary issue.

But then, bidders identities are hidden, ahem ... "protected" as eBay says euphemistically. Honi soit qui mal y pense, but it can also cover shill bidding.

Joachim

peterh

Post by peterh »

In my opinion, many (most?) of his sold items are to his shill bidders and his positive feedbacks are also often from these accounts.

He has picked up a few negatives recently for fake cancellations.

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

I see he's also offering the Bahawalpur Independence overprints on India, too.

Does anyone take him seriously?

jduester

Post by jduester »

tonymacg wrote: Does anyone take him seriously?
Someone must - even if some bids should be due to shill bidding, there must be some high bid on the Muscat Albusaid overprints to make shill bidding worthwhile. That is what makes me wonder most.

Joachim
Collecting anything related to Oman. This includes India used in Muscat and Gwadur, British overprints used in Muscat,
Muscat & Oman, Sultanate of Oman, rebel issues State of Oman & Dhufar. And also non-philatelic material!

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Presumably collectors of used George VI who either don't know or don't care that their 'used' copies are worthless ...

21B

Post by 21B »

msksur68 is back up to his usual tricks - unbelievably, what, SIX years since he was first outed here ?

Look at this:

Burma Jap overprint SGJ18, clear forged overprint, sold for £ 6.53 in July:

And the same thing sold again yesterday for £31.

I just reported this latest offering as a fraudulent listing, though there was no room for comment, so no chance to explain.

And the rest of his stuff looks like crap.

How is it possible that he hasn't been stopped yet ?

toschka
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by toschka »

"How is it possible that he hasn't been stopped yet ?"

Until someone actually sues eBay for misrepresentation after they have been warned an item is fake they will continue to do nothing.
When they have been warned and do nothing they are part of the fraud. They cannot hide behind 'caveat emptor' if forewarned.

peterh

Post by peterh »

I just can't stop keeping an eye on Mr Sunil Suri's eBay transactions - I've gone from being appalled to entertained now because it seems almost nobody really buys his rubbish. I must admit I can't understand his business model though.

He has pleasingly picked up 9 negatives in the last month for his fake imperfs.

In the last month his figures show that he has received 368 positives. Interestingly more than 150 of these in the last few days have been from the same 'buyer' with the username code 4***4.

I think the number of real sales he achieves is reflected in the feedback he gives to others (presumably he doesn't usually bother giving his shill bidders feedback). In the last 12 months it appears he has only given 45 feedbacks to buyers. 18 of these were to one 'buyer' g***i and 12 were to 'buyer' t***a.

In that 12 months he has received 2542 positive feedbacks!

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

Well spotted, Peter!

The man's credibility is below zero, but it's worth pointing these things out, in case any newcomers are tempted.

21B

Post by 21B »

His Burma Jap overprint is now up for sale again...

peterh

Post by peterh »

That's nothing!

He 'sold' this Sirmoor SG 1 with what I assume is a fake cancellation today for £11:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331639574252

SG catalogue price £450 if genuine.

He also 'sold' it on 16th August for £43 ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/331628143825

...and also on 22nd July for £4 ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231626993529

...and on 5th July for £12.50 ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252014831234

...and on 26th June for £16 ...

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252004620150

There may be more but that's as far as the sold items list goes!

peterh

Post by peterh »

...and he now has 248 positive feedbacks in the last few days from the same 'buyer' 4***4 :lol:

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

peterh wrote:That's nothing!

He 'sold' this Sirmoor SG 1 with what I assume is a fake cancellation today for £11:
I'd assume anything worth more used than mint sold by this man to be fake, until fully proved to be genuine :D

peterh

Post by peterh »

He has the same Sirmoor SG 1 listed again - has only sold it 5 times so far:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252079428044

jduester

Post by jduester »

His cancelled Muscat 1944 Al Bu Said bi-centenary stamps with a fake cancellation also turn up again and again despite being "sold".

tonymacg

Post by tonymacg »

I do hope those Muscat overprints never disappear. I always get a good laugh from them.

21B

Post by 21B »

I had to talk to Ebay about something and mentioned this user, I managed to get passed to the fraud department who are looking into it...

If anyone wants to check out his current items, now would be a great time to report them.

peterh

Post by peterh »

21B wrote:I had to talk to Ebay about something and mentioned this user, I managed to get passed to the fraud department who are looking into it...

If anyone wants to check out his current items, now would be a great time to report them.
Thanks for this - well done at actually getting to speak to someone at eBay.

I have once again reported a number of his current items and some of the previous ones.

I wonder if he's been warned about the shill bidding because all his current sales are 'Buy it Now'.

Also, he seems to have put 'creativityplus4' on the back burner at present - hasn't had any feedback on this account for over a year. He is selling as 'msksur68' and buying as 'zoomvalued'.

Some of zoomvalued's recent purchases (pictures borrowed from eBay, apologies to any sellers that see their items here):

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BURMA-1939-2A-CARMINE-SERVICE-IN-BLOCK-OF-6-UM-/262331945265

Paid £5.50

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/INDIA-GVI-PATIALA-STATE-SG-80-95-V ... 1806357487

Paid £80.00

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bundi-GVI-1947-complete-sheet-SG-8 ... 2292686668

Paid £8.50

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bahawalpur-Mixed-Selected-Stamps-/222032973022

Paid £2.99

I feel sure these will soon appear with fake cancellations or other embellishments!

peterh

Post by peterh »

RESULT!!!!

At least one of his accounts has been NARU'd.

Keep an eye on zoomvalued and creativityplus4, which still exist. His stuff will be easy to spot if it reappears anyway!

peterh

Post by peterh »

zoomvalued has now picked up the baton.

I'm not sure whether zoomvalued is Sunil Suri himself, or maybe they are just close associates peddling the same fakes and forgeries.

zoomvalued currently has 25 items of Indian Convention States with forged cancellations, forged Rajasthan overprints on the Bundi 1947 issue (some with forged cancellations also) and forged Japanese occupation overprints of Burma.

Some examples:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Chamba-SG084-2-Rupee-purple-brown- ... 2036079894

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rajasthan-SG4B-2-anna-VERMILLION-C ... 2036018957

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Burma-SGJ34-6-pies-bright-blue-Cat ... 2036051508

mmaddury
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by mmaddury »

peterh wrote:zoomvalued has now picked up the baton.

I'm not sure whether zoomvalued is Sunil Suri himself, or maybe they are just close associates peddling the same fakes and forgeries.

zoomvalued currently has 25 items of Indian Convention States with forged cancellations, forged Rajasthan overprints on the Bundi 1947 issue (some with forged cancellations also) and forged Japanese occupation overprints of Burma.

Some examples:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rajasthan-SG4B-2-anna-VERMILLION-C ... 2036018957

This and the other Bundi/Rajasthan used items are the exact same ones msksur used to list.

Incidentally, he is obviously aware of genuine items. Before he was NARUed, in Feb 2016, he listed a block of 12 of Bhopal SG66 for about GBP 250. I was quite surprised to see him list a genuine article. Since his account is no longer valid, I cannot see that listing anymore.

21B

Post by 21B »

Action initiated once again.

peterh

Post by peterh »

Grrrrrrrrr :evil:

msksur68 now reinstated - I wonder what happened?

Now has another 19 items, with 17 of them having fake overprints, fake cancellations or both.

21B

Post by 21B »

We need more people to actively report - I posted how to get an agent via chat. I suggest more of us do the same for each of the fraudulent sellers identified here.

People power, and all that.

21B

Post by 21B »

As a matter of interest, I googled his address that's visible under his msksur68 business seller details. Interesting - it doesn't look like a stamp shop.... This info is a matter of public record so safe to report.

Google Street View Link:
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/13+Seven+Kings+Rd,+Ilfor ... f6!6m1!1e1

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

21B wrote:The most common way let Ebay know an item is problematic is via the "Report an Item" link.

It has drop down lists without any option to add text, so things like forged overprints or cancels are difficult to report.

I have taken to reporting via the chat window instead - but, you ask, how do you do that when chat is not an option?

Here is one way to open a chat window:

Log on go to My ebay
Look to the top right hand top of page, click "Tell us what you think"
Look down the page for the box with "need help contact customer support" and click.
At the bottom of the page you will see "Need our help?" Below that, click "Contact us" in a blue box. Here you will only see the phone option.
Click "Buying", then "paying for items", then "unable to pay for items"

The chat box will then appear. You can start chat without listing an item number. As soon as you make contact, ask to be passed to the fraud team.

Another operator will come on line.

You now have the opportunity to give a thorough account of the fraudulent activity and details of why it's fraudulent, including supporting evidence (the relevant thread from Stampboards discussing the user is great backup).

Now, it really is a question of whether you feel personally motivated to go this far. I previously collected Burma JapOcc and so have a personal axe to grind. I don't collect that region now, but I do understand how these fakes have poisoned the market (this was probably the main reason why I gave up).

If you feel strongly I suggest you do the same, more voices add weight.

Good luck.

"(AGENT) xxxx-xxxxx: I have investigated your report, and I can guarantee you that I have placed corrective action against seller.

Your report today has placed a negative mark against their account, and it has let them know that they should not repeat the same offense, to you or to any other eBay members on the site.

We do not tolerate as it undermines buyer/seller trust, when eBay always encourages professional and honest buying/selling practices on the site.

Thank you for taking time to report this member, and we hope that although the actions we have taken are not visible to you or evident immediately, you will trust that we've taken the necessary action.

To give you confidence that your report has been addressed and resolved, here is the case number of your report: SR number 1-xxxxxxxxxx. This serves as proof that everything is well documented, and all records are in place."

Let's see.....

Edit - there is also this direct link, though I don't know if it's permanent:

http://ocsnext.ebay.co.uk/ocs/cusr?query=1464&ref=1

21B

Post by 21B »

I am very disappointed to say that there seems to be nothing being done.

I opened a chat on Saturday and extensively described the fake Jap Occ overprints, and I was assured steps were being taken. Yet Sunday sailed past and he sold them all.

This morning I contacted Ebay again (now the third time) and pointed out how his current listing have forged cancellation (easily seen). Again, promises of action though I now doubt anything will be done.

In the face of solid evidence of fraud, still this user is allowed to continue.

I can understand if the "Report Item" process falls by the wayside, but not direct contact with the Fraud team.

Very disappointing, I thought we were on to something.

"(AGENT) : I have finished my investigation and I guarantee you that we have documented the details you’ve shared regarding the behaviour of these sellers.
(MEMBER): This is the third time I have contacted you via chat. Perhaps your team does not understand this problem as you don't have a category for it.
(AGENT): Based on the information that you have provided and the ones that I have gathered here on my end, I would like to inform you that I have taken a note of this incident in the sellers account and for the items be reviewed for possible removal.
(MEMBER): HE ALREADY SOLD THEM !!!"

All as I can suggest at this point is that as many of us as possible continue to report items and complain via chat.

Certified

Post by Certified »

21B wrote:I can understand if the "Report Item" process falls by the wayside, but not direct contact with the Fraud team.

Very disappointing, I thought we were on to something.
There are levels of Fraud Department at eBay (from my experience).
When you call eBay support on the phone and ask for the Fraud Department, you automatically get put through to an outsourced individual (probably applies to Chat as well - given the stock answers you received).

They will take all the details; you will get the stock answer read to you, and normally emailed to you as well.

The experience makes you feel good; your complaint has been heard and action "promised" - but in a vague sort of way.

I have yet to see any action taken on this first level.

There is a second level. You need to talk to a Fraud Department individual in the USA or the UK, etc, depending on listing. These guys listen to you. They don't read off a pre-written stock answer.

When you call eBay support, tell them that you don't want to be forwarded to a Fraud Department outsourced representative in the Philippines or wherever they reside, but a US-based (or equivalent) Fraud Department staff member.

Once through, get his or her name. Develop a rapport with the person. Great for the future when you can ask specifically for your contact.

I have found things happen when this method is pursued.

mmaddury

Post by mmaddury »

21B wrote: ...
"(AGENT) : I have finished my investigation and I guarantee you that we have documented the details you’ve shared regarding the behaviour of these sellers.
(MEMBER): This is the third time I have contacted you via chat. Perhaps your team does not understand this problem as you don't have a category for it.
(AGENT): Based on the information that you have provided and the ones that I have gathered here on my end, I would like to inform you that I have taken a note of this incident in the sellers account and for the items be reviewed for possible removal.
(MEMBER): HE ALREADY SOLD THEM !!!"

All as I can suggest at this point is that as many of us as possible continue to report items and complain via chat.
This transcript leads me to believe that this "agent" has failed the Turing Test and is not ready for primetime.

Seriously though, is this just a chat-bot?

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”