If any eBay con-men contact you direct .... we want to KNOW!

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

admin
Site Administrator
Location: That's on a need to know basis - and YOU do not need to know!

If any eBay con-men contact you direct .... we want to KNOW!

Post by admin »

I hear now and again from members, that some ebay con-man or crook or other, has contacted them direct in relation to comments they have made here on stampboards.

Like all cockroaches, the one thing these Cons fear most is bright sunlight being focused upon them, and their dodgy and often illegal antics.

In this country TRUTH is an absolute defence against defamation, so provided what you post here is factual, you are on safe ground.

There is a pattern, and do not be concerned if these shonks contact you. Ignore them. Like all cowards, these folks are all bluff and bluster, and nothing ever comes of it - except annoying the recipient.

And people talk. One collector getting such an aggressive approach tells 10 or 20 or 30 others, and their dodgy reputation and actions spreads even further, via highly negative word of mouth. Talk about shoot yourself in the foot.

These are the same kind of spineless cowards who will scratch your car in the darkness of night, as they do not have the testicles to do anything via conventional channels, or direct to your face.

So please let me know - admin@stampboards.com about any such contact you have received.

Unlike these low-lifes, I DO take on things front on, and I fear no-one.

In 30 years of exposing stamp cons and crooks worldwide - including 100s of very powerful folks and companies - via my many 100s monthly columns I have NEVER been sued .. as I know if I stick to the FACTS and the TRUTH nothing can or will occur to me - other than bluff and bluster.

I will pass any behavior pattern such as this I hear of, direct to the head of ebay Trust and Safety .. and trust me - they have ZERO tolerance of this kind of Mafioso behavior.

Bottom line - if you are a dodgy ebay stamp seller in any way you WILL be mentioned in dispatches here at some point.

If you are a legit ebay seller who cons no-one, you are very likely NEVER to be mentioned here - except positively. :mrgreen:

Food for thought. :idea:

===============

And as a general comment, if anyone is emailing you who is a pest, you can block but save those message in Outlook by going to "ACTIONS" tab along top

ACTIONS
JUNK EMAIL
ADD TO BLOCKED SENDER LIST

Or if you can't be bothered at all, much simpler to go to

TOOLS
RULES AND ALERTS
NEW RULE
Tick "FROM PEOPLE OR DISTRIBUTION LIST"
Add their email address
Tick "PERMANENTLY DELETE IT" Box

And all done.

One sad soul who I placed on a delete list, sent me about 100 long manic emails that I did not even see until clearing up in-boxes recently! Must have taken him days to type them - and all wasted. :)

swoosh
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Re: If any ebay con-men contact yo

Post by swoosh »

You have done, and continue to do an outstanding job, Glen.

People have no idea how quickly the market place can be flooded with fake stamps.

Sure they still find there way out there, But your work over the years has also stopped many many more.

To you & your many helpers on Stampboards we owe many thanks

Swoosh.

PeterS
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Re: If any ebay con-men contact you direct .... we want to KNOW!

Post by PeterS »

I wish someone would threaten me! I just LOVE a challenge! :)
Peter
Hawthorn - AFL Premiers 1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015

gavin-h
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by gavin-h »

PeterS wrote:I wish someone would threaten me! I just LOVE a challenge! :)
Send me all your stamps, or I will publish those photos :mrgreen:

ozstamps
PLATINUM Shooting Star *10,000* Posts!
PLATINUM Shooting Star  *10,000* Posts!

Post by ozstamps »

PeterS wrote:
Me too. Sadly for anyone who acts like a Wal Mart mail order Mafiaso Don wannabe, I do not scare easily. :mrgreen:

Why these low lifes do not sign up, and post thier point of view as everyone else does, sure beats me. :idea:

PeterS

Post by PeterS »

ozstamps wrote:
PeterS wrote:
Me too. Sadly for anyone who acts like a Wal Mart mail order Mafiaso Don wannabe, I do not scare easily. :mrgreen:

Why these low lifes do not sign up, and post thier point of view as everyone else does, sure beats me. :idea:
It's because they are, basically, cowards. It's easy to threaten a lone individual but much more difficult to threaten a groups. This is especially so when you KNOW you are in the wrong.
Peter
Hawthorn - AFL Premiers 1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015

PeterS

Post by PeterS »

gavin-h wrote:
PeterS wrote:I wish someone would threaten me! I just LOVE a challenge! :)
Send me all your stamps, or I will publish those photos :mrgreen:
Go ahead and publish. I have already explained to my wife that the girl was just, well....there! And I certainly wasn't responsible (well, not directly) for her state! :lol:
Peter

gavin-h

Post by gavin-h »

That wasn't a girl...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

grovyk
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by grovyk »

ozstamps wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol:

As I recall they have, several times, and not just here!! :twisted:

Threads from the early days are a very interesting read - one character deleted all his posts (they werent locked then) when he was on the losing end of a 'discussion'.! :D

PeterS

Post by PeterS »

gavin-h wrote:That wasn't a girl...

Oh! You mean THAT picture?? Yes....well.... :oops:

What the heck, publish and be damned (plus I know a few bikies that are looking for some biffo just now!) :lol: :lol:
Peter

tonyevans1
Suspended Member

Post by tonyevans1 »

PeterS wrote:

What the heck, publish and be damned (plus I know a few bikies that are looking for some biffo just now!) :lol: :lol:
We are not here just to do your Biffing Peter and besides that nice Mr.Rudd said we can't do that anymore :evil: :evil:
If no one else collects Heligoland or UPU how come I have to pay so much ?????

PeterS

Post by PeterS »

tonyevans1 wrote:
PeterS wrote:

We are not here just to do your Biffing Peter and besides that nice Mr.Rudd said we can't do that anymore :evil: :evil:
Talking about pictures you would rather not see published.

http://www.theage.com.au/national/picture-opportunity-pm-didnt-want-20090330-9h1w.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Peter

tooler
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by tooler »

I did get an e-mail from John Bozic, Why I don't know, I sent it to Glen a month or so ago. I hope you got it Glen.
I buy too much, can't sell enough - but the information here is priceless.

GlenStephens
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by GlenStephens »

tooler101 wrote:I did get an e-mail from John Bozic, Why I don't know, I sent it to Glen a month or so ago. I hope you got it Glen.
Jack -- sorry never saw it .. please re-send --- same applies to anyone else who this sad case contacts.

tooler

Post by tooler »

Glen, for some reason, couldn't forward it, so I sent it as an attachment. Not sure if that even went. Sent it to glen [at] glenstephens.com. Let me know if you receive it.

I WILL get it to you even if I have to send it by mail. Nice stamps used, of course. :wink:

tooler

Post by tooler »

Sorry about the e-mail :oops:
Glen, for some reason the attachment keeps coming back. Nothing I know to do will let me send it. If you haven't seen it, I think you need to.
It will be in todays mail.

tonyevans1
Suspended Member

Post by tonyevans1 »

tooler101 wrote:Sorry about the e-mail :oops:
Glen, for some reason the attachment keeps coming back. Nothing I know to do will let me send it. If you haven't seen it, I think you need to.
It will be in todays mail.
Just try doing a copy and paste into a new email to Glen

Tony
If no one else collects Heligoland or UPU how come I have to pay so much ?????

GlenStephens

Re: If any ebay con-men contact you direct .... we want to K

Post by GlenStephens »

Got it Jack .. thanks. :D

Yes I get shown these rants by heaps who get them. One VERY sick puppy indeed.

Why he imagines utter fiction dating back 10 or 15 years interests anyone, and has any releance to THIS decade, sure mystifies me.

stampcollectorboz will be hearing from my lawyers now to desist, as he repeated all the fiction all over again this week.

Unlike the USA, the defamation laws in this country are very strict, and easy to make stick.

Spreading something false and malicious in writing, aimed at damaging a good reputation, that you KNOW to be untrue, is taken very seriously by the courts here. and can result in 7 figure damages being awarded

An active seller of PROVEN forgeries like this below, is hardly in a strong position to be defaming others -

http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=23957

douglas5102
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Re: If any eBay con-men contact you direct .... we want to K

Post by douglas5102 »

I recieved two e-mails to my non-ebay e-mail saying a buyer had a question. I clicked on the first and my computer secutiry stoped the malisious website from loading, I called e-bay and sent then the e-mail.

Today I recieved another of the same from someone different I straight sent to to e-bay and told them that these people may not know they were used for evil, but I didn't want fake complaints made.

E-bay does not have that e-mail they should not even know it exists, but now they do and it is not attached to my e-baying. I have a 520 score and 100% and I will not allow criminals to hurt me or e-bay.

I am just letting you know, after I sent them to e-bay I erased them to avoid any problems.

Allanswood

Re: If any eBay con-men contact you direct .... we want to K

Post by Allanswood »

It has nothing to do with eBay Douglas.
I recieved one from a bank that I have never dealt with asking me to confirm my credit card expiry date.

I've also recieved the eBay hack mail ( a while ago) and when I looked at the sender it also gave me a list of all the recievers emails, and lo and behold there were about 100 different combinations of my name sent to every .com.something email provider.

It's a generic spam/hack email sent to every email combination they can think of.
And they will catch the unwary.

They didn't know your email account name, they had their computers just generate combinations and one of them was yours. They don't even know that they got it right!
Greg - Looking for Goulburn Australia Cancels and Grangemouth Scotland Cancels and Covers
Member of the S.T.A.M.P Club for Slightly Twisted And Mad Philatelists - Motto: "Bring back the lick!"

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”