More outright fakes on ebay offered as genuine stamps

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

andy66
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

More outright fakes on ebay offered as genuine stamps

Post by andy66 »

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373057579137

Well, this ebay guy sondrioleo has already infested the Italian market with hundreds of fakes, and now, his job in full expansion, he is expanding abroad and overseas!

Notwithstanding being reported several times to ebay, we couldn't stop him. So please try if you can...

8)
Andy66
Friuli - Italy

bazza4338
100 Thousand Club - Addicted Stamp Poster!
100 Thousand Club - Addicted Stamp Poster!

Re: Great Aust. and USA stamps on ebay, don't loose them :-)

Post by bazza4338 »

Five Pounds kangaroo and map

Inverted Jenny on piece

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: More outright fakes on ebay offered as genuine stamps

Post by Global Administrator »

sondrioleo is this spiv ebay seller.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Australia-1913-alto-valore-cangu ... 4735219781

A photocopy or crude desk top printer on unwatermarked blotting paper, for $A45 posted, from this ebay crook sondrioleo

Ebay rules clearly state replicas and facsimiles MUST be offered as such, AND permanently marked on the back as such.

Please report this fraudster sondrioleo To ebay via the link on each lot.

Translation result
Italian
English

in the absence of an expert certificate sold as you see if you are interested read thanks

AUSTRALIA 1913 very rare stamp LIGHT BLUE KANGAROO WITH RUBBER MNH **, ALWAYS SEE PHOTOS OF WHAT IF INTERESTED YOU WILL RECEIVE THANKS. Attention coming from the collection of old private collection lots and very rare lots, in the absence of expertise I sell as and as you see of what you will receive.

Even if of a very high catalog value, starting with a negligible auction and without reserve, if interested, decide the price you deem appropriate. Attention in shipping not accumulable with other lots in progress auction.

ATTENTION do not bid any useless characters, time wasters, these are better off going to the bakery to buy a sandwich and not stamps. As I have to thank and are so many interested. Perfect flawless. Thank you again BEFORE BIDING PLEASE READ IF YOU AGREE YOUR OFFER.

Look at what these brain dead ebay MORONS have been paying this forger -

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/sondrioleo/m.html?item=264735219 ... 6732.m1684
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

andy66

Post by andy66 »

Global Administrator wrote:
sondrioleo is this spiv ebay seller.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Australia-1913-alto-valore-cangu ... 4735219781

A photocopy or crude desk top printer on unwatermarked blotting paper, for $A45 posted, from this ebay crook sondrioleo

Ebay rules clearly state replicas and facsimiles MUST be offered as such, AND permanently marked on the back as such.

Please report this fraudster sondrioleo To ebay via the link on each lot.

Translation result
Italian
English

in the absence of an expert certificate sold as you see if you are interested read thanks

AUSTRALIA 1913 very rare stamp LIGHT BLUE KANGAROO WITH RUBBER MNH **, ALWAYS SEE PHOTOS OF WHAT IF INTERESTED YOU WILL RECEIVE THANKS. Attention coming from the collection of old private collection lots and very rare lots, in the absence of expertise I sell as and as you see of what you will receive.

Even if of a very high catalog value, starting with a negligible auction and without reserve, if interested, decide the price you deem appropriate. Attention in shipping not accumulable with other lots in progress auction.

ATTENTION do not bid any useless characters, time wasters, these are better off going to the bakery to buy a sandwich and not stamps. As I have to thank and are so many interested. Perfect flawless. Thank you again BEFORE BIDING PLEASE READ IF YOU AGREE YOUR OFFER.

Look at what these brain dead ebay MORONS have been paying this forger -

https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/sondrioleo/m.html?item=264735219 ... 6732.m1684
Good translation!
As many forgers do, he will just sell 'as it is' with no guarantees.
We already tried to stop him on eBay.it but to no avail...maybe if you try from abroad on eBay.com it will have better success.
Andy66
Friuli - Italy

muruk
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by muruk »

Just a comment on the translations:

"RUBBER" is what most translating software gives as a translation of "GUM".

Whenever I use the "provide a better translation" option, I get a popup accusing me of being a bot and threatening to block me, so I guess that gum will forever be known as rubber in webland.
A man might as well marry ... if he finds a good wife he will be happy ... if not, he will become a philosopher.
Collecting Greater New Guinea & Macropods (Kangaroos & Wallabies).

faro
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by faro »

muruk wrote:Just a comment on the translations:

"RUBBER" is what most translating software gives as a translation of "GUM".

Whenever I use the "provide a better translation" option, I get a popup accusing me of being a bot and threatening to block me, so I guess that gum will forever be known as rubber in webland.
"LIGHT BLUE KANGAROO WITH RUBBER". That's a mental image to be erased. :lol:

How many nations do we have separated by a common language now? ;)

(Also reported on eBay, of course... never-ending banging of head against wall with few successes, but never give up on that.)

GlenStephens
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by GlenStephens »

If we had a few less people nit-picking over google translate, and instead spending that same time reporting this spiv to ebay, maybe we can get his account cancelled. :idea: :idea: :idea:
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”