He lived in Hamilton Township NJ & was an active member of the Hamilton Township Stamp Club as well as a Life Member of the American First Day Cover Society (AFDCS). Many of these covers are one-of-a-kind items, although typically he did prepare anywhere from 1-5 of an issue, using different combinations of stamps in many cases.
There are 5 basic types of Ranto Cachets:
1. Stamp issue FDC on the original bulletin for that specific issue
2. Stamp issue FDC on the original bulletin for a previous related topic issue
3. Stamp issue FDC on the photo copied bulletin for that specific issue
4. Stamp issue FDC on the photo copied bulletin for a previous related topic issue
5. Stamp issue FDC on other medium for that specific issue.
I note two things with this cover.
Firstly it had an address label on it, presumably addressed to John Ranto.
Secondly it has Horace D Westbrooks rubber stamp on the reverse & I can think of no plausible reason why it is there