Has anyone "joined" Stampworld.com?

General things you want to know. Stamps you can't identify. Catalogue values you need to establish. Advice on ANYTHING stamp related you want. SOMEONE might be able to help. You can post photos of the stamps right here to assist . NOTE: - We have a nearby Forum for basic questions from *NEW* collectors.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

doug2222usa
PLATINUM Shooting Star *10,000* Posts!
PLATINUM Shooting Star  *10,000* Posts!

Has anyone "joined" Stampworld.com?

Post by doug2222usa »

This morning I received an email from https://www.Stampworld.com asking me to "join," use their online catalog, and buy a VIP membership for $17.95 (US?). Here's the banner:

Has anyone signed up for the VIP membership? Bought stamps? Sold stamps? I could not find one real person's name associated with this enterprise, but then I admit, I didn't look very long.

The key question - where did the valuations in this huge online catalog come from? Are they realistic? Should they be discounted 40% like lots of other catalogs?

In short, I'm asking for SB-ers' experiences in dealing with Stampworld before I commit any money.
kuikka
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Has anyone "joined" Stampworld.com?

Post by kuikka »

I have only the free membership. Cannot really answer your questions. With very limited experience I would think that the prices are on the same level with other catalogues but I may be wrong in that.

Kimmo
vicaf60
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by vicaf60 »

I have a free membership there, like kuikka, and I use their catalogues for compiling my want lists and look for stamps (year of issue, set completeness, etc.). I'm not an expert on their prices but my limited experience shows they meet the prices of offer in Delcampe, more or less.
Recently, I joined their translators team, too.
DL20K
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by DL20K »

I also have the free membership. I'd be interested in getting to know more regarding their valuations as well.
doug2222usa

Post by doug2222usa »

I went to the website and read ALL the FAQ's, and know less than when I started. Not a good sign.

When you click on "sell stamps," you get a notice which cannot be copied into StampBoards. I wanted to see what kind of stamps are offered, but no luck. I was logged in, as the site greeted me by name.

The "subscription price list" says $17.95 is for 6 months, not a year...? I still haven't seen anyone else's stamps for sale.

I believe Rod Tilyard is the manager of the website. I assume that, "MyStampWorld" is the same as "StampWorld," but not 100% sure.

Are we required to (try to) sell stamps at the online catalog price? Don't know. As a holder of a "free" account (to use the catalog), does this mean I have to upgrade to see what's for sale? Don't know.

Let me re-phrase my original question: Has anyone actually SOLD stamps on Stampworld?? How does it work? Incomprehensible!

=======
vicaf60, thanks for your input, but I don't know what this means:
"my limited experience shows they meet the prices of offer in Delcampe, more or less."
vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

What I just meant is that the prices in their catalogue are more or less the same as (or similar to) those asked at Delcampe :)
But I didn't check many stamps/sets to claim that's true for all their catalogue entries.
Stewie1980

Post by Stewie1980 »

I signed up one or two years ago, only the free membership.

I use the catalogue mainly to check newer issues from the last years as my latest world catalogue is a Scott 2009.

The values for these newer issues are quite low. Face value +50% to +100%, different per country. I think these values are based on the prices of a new issue whole sale dealer.

Please not that there can be errors in the given values, like a mint new issue that is "worth" less then face value.

I'm not planning on selling there (my collection takes up a lot of time allready) and I don't have the faintest idea how it works and if it's profitable for other sellers.

I found a name and "address" of the owner of Stampworld. It's on a public accessible site for everyone to see, but I don't know if it's aloud to post it here. A link would be okay I guess?

http://whois.domaintools.com/stampworld.com
organicm

Post by organicm »

This could be a very timely thread for me Doug.

I signed up to the free service a couple of years ago too.
Like Vicaf, I have used it to get images of stamps I don't have for my wants list and when I need an image for the Fill the Gaps thread.
I have found the cat values comparable with other catalogues values in general.

I've been using the same software I use to make my want lists for nearly 30 years and now my problem is finding and old pc to run that software on.
I need a new system and at the moment I am exploring options.
I'd like to create pdf files I can take with me on a tablet. I digress.

Hutch asked me if I had tried the want list on Stampworld yesterday.
I'm planning to look into the rest of the site this evening.
Up to now I have only looked at the catalogue part of the site.

I looked at another similar site called Colnect the other day.
(I think Stampworld has a bigger range of stamps in it's database of images)
Colnect has a free and a premium site as well and I think it costs about the same as Stampworld for the premium service.
I used colnect once before when another SB member told me to go look at his spares there (not actually his spares but images of the same issue) and armed only with his user name I was able to do this.
The premium service promises to match your spares and wants lists with other premium subscribers on a best fit basis.

I think I prefer stampworld site in general.
A member of my local club was asking me about the premium Stampworld site last weekend too. Seems there is a fair bit of interest.
I will check it out more this afternoon and see what other comments come up here. Mark
--------------------------------------------------------
Collect Germany & British Empire (KG6 mainly)
HayeSmyth
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by HayeSmyth »

There are 3 categories of member: User +, VIP and Seller. Here's a screenshot (it's not very clear), showing the entitlement for each type.

The (pop-up) box in the middle explains about VIP membership. But if you want unlimited selling privileges, it'll cost quite a bit more: 3 months $39.95; 6 months $59.95 and 12 months $99.95 in the 'Seller' category'

Notice that User + membership is 'free for now'.

Here's a screenshot of the index (once you've signed in), where you can select a series of short videos, whose titles are shown at the bottom. This may be the best way to find out how the site works - if you can bear the voice over!

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

doug2222usa wrote:
I could not find one real person's name associated with this enterprise, but then I admit, I didn't look very long.
Seems to be a Danish person, and their address is c/- the Bank Of Belize.

Inspires great confidence! As does the gandi.net IP address. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Best of luck chasing him down, if you do not get paid or get stiffed in a deal etc. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Delcampe has a real address in Belgium and real people running it. And guess what, they too offer a stamp auction platform that has worked well for 10 years. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Whois Record ( last updated on 2015-11-30 )

Domain Name: stampworld.com

Registry Domain ID: 325038_DOMAIN_COM-VRSN
Registrar WHOIS Server: whois.gandi.net
Registrar URL: http://www.gandi.net
Updated Date: 2014-10-16T16:07:37Z
Creation Date: 1995-04-24T04:00:00Z
Registrar Registration Expiration Date: 2017-04-25T04:00:00Z
Registrar: GANDI SAS
Registrar IANA ID: 81
Registrar Abuse Contact Email:
Registrar Abuse Contact Phone: +33.170377661
Reseller: Metation Aps
Domain Status: clientTransferProhibited http://www.icann.org/epp#clientTransferProhibited
Registry Registrant ID:
Registrant Name: Jørgen Kjærsgaard
Registrant Organization: Stampworld, Ldt.
Registrant Street: The Belize Bank Limited
60 Market Square
P.O. Box 364
Registrant City: Belize City
Registrant State/Province:
Registrant Postal Code:
Registrant Country: BZ
Registrant Phone: +45.86250038
Registrant Phone Ext:
Registrant Fax:
Registrant Fax Ext:
Registrant Email: 352db77dee712c02eba0289b9d48334f-1892804@contact.gandi.net
Registry Admin ID:
Admin Name: Jørgen Kjærsgaard
Admin Organization: Stampworld, Ldt.
Admin Street: The Belize Bank Limited
60 Market Square
P.O. Box 364
Admin City: Belize City

Admin State/Province:
Admin Postal Code:
Admin Country: BZ
Admin Phone: +45.86250038
Admin Phone Ext:
Admin Fax:
Admin Fax Ext:
Admin Email: 352db77dee712c02eba0289b9d48334f-1892804@contact.gandi.net
Registry Tech ID:
Tech Name: Jorgen Kjaersgaard
Tech Organization: Metation Aps
Tech Street: Bjornholms Alle 20,1
Tech City: Viby J
Tech State/Province:
Tech Postal Code: 8260
Tech Country: DK
Tech Phone: +45.86250038
Tech Phone Ext:
Tech Fax:
Tech Fax Ext:
Tech Email: 46eec1e50a698a971528d23738c8cb3d-219432@contact.gandi.net
Name Server: A.DNS.GANDI.NET
Name Server: B.DNS.GANDI.NET
Name Server: C.DNS.GANDI.NET

DNSSEC: Unsigned
URL of the ICANN WHOIS Data Problem Reporting System: http://wdprs.internic.net/
kuikka

Post by kuikka »

In tech section the same guy as administrator seems tu have a Danish address and phone number...

Kimmo
doug2222usa

Post by doug2222usa »

Thanks, Glen - I've been a member of Delcampe for years, and I have a small positive 100% Feedback.

Here's the problem with Delcampe -- a high percentage of the listings are Buy It Now, or its equivalent. But listing in that way requires a complete knowledge of the European stamp market, which I don't have. Pricing too low means the item sells in 5 minutes, way below its purported value; pricing too high means it never sells, but the poor seller (still) doesn't know by how much the item is overpriced. If Delcampe had a high proportion of auctions, I would list there, especially European covers.

Also, Delcampe is getting sort of fussy and complicated. I don't want contests, I don't want an intrusive email on my birthday, I don't want to meet other sellers, etc., etc. I want a simple straightforward auction like it was during its first 3 or 4 years. And the .net and .com division, though I now understand it, will always stick in my craw as a monumental mistake. "Search" could use some work, too.

Dare I predict that Gibbons will buy Delcampe too, one of these fine days, to "capture" the EuroMarket? After the Euro tanks, that is.

Anyhow, I was wrong in mixing up Rod Tilyard's "MyStampWorld" with this "Stampworld," and apparently there's no connection whatsoever.
RodT
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by RodT »

doug2222usa wrote: Anyhow, I was wrong in mixing up Rod Tilyard's "MyStampWorld" with this "Stampworld," and apparently there's no connection whatsoever.
Correct Doug, mystampworld.net is my "free forever" social networking site for stamp collectors.

Regarding buying and selling on StampWorld, looks too simplistic to me, needs lots more development, more detailed help plus information about who is actually running the site.

The catalogue however is a great alternative to all the paper based ones. Having an image of every stamp is extremely helpful, but I wish these weren't graffitied with watermarks through the centre.
IPDA Webmaster. Visit KoalaStamps for quality Oceania, Asia and Europe sets and singles.
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

doug2222usa wrote:
Dare I predict that Gibbons will buy Delcampe too, one of these fine days, to "capture" the EuroMarket? After the Euro tanks, that is.
Gibbons BUY anyone? They could barely buy me out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The way the SG share price has collapsed this year, Delcampe could take a 51% controlling interest in SG, with their lunch money. Anyone could.

Indeed I suggested to someone well placed last week to look at doing just that, sacking the totally incompetent current overpaid Board, and getting them focused once again on STAMP and CATALOGUES and not the other silly unrelated to philately sideshows that has sunk them this year. And ten MILLION quid wasted on their hare brained 'Internet' BidStart fiasco experiment.

Many forget Sir Ron Brierley from Sydney owned Gibbons outright, not very many years back.

organicm

Post by organicm »

maybe this site is based in Belize?

The fact remains that someone has gone to a lot of trouble and created a great resource for collectors. The site claims to hold the largest online stamp image database and it's stated goal is to get an image of every stamp ever issued.
In the past I have made want lists when there wasn't an image of a particular stamp, recently when updating some lists I found that a lot of those images, that were missing, are there now.

I think the principal would have to be genuine to go to so much effort.
Whether the system works or is corrupted is another matter?
I hope someone comes forward who has been using the site, to report back to us on the actuality of trading.

BTW when I checked the Colnect site the other day, I signed up for a free membership and fiddled with a couple of things.
Today I got an invite from a member to do a trade.
I explained that I was brand new to the site and asked that member a bunch of questions about that site and I will let you know what I hear.
Mark
AMark

Post by AMark »

Two years ago, Sylvest888 started this thread:

Online stamp catalogues

At that time, he was a contributor to the site. Perhaps, someone can contact him to get more details about stamp valuation on stampworld and to answer any other questions you guys have.

He mentioned this about pricing in the above thread.
Sylvest888 wrote:On the prices the plan is to get as close as possible to what a seller can expect to get for a stamp in very fine grade. One of the things on the program is a registration of deals and a price-setting based on trades on each specific stamp.
doug2222usa

Post by doug2222usa »

"On the prices the plan is to get as close as possible to what a seller can expect to get for a stamp in very fine grade.

One of the things on the program is a registration of deals and a price-setting based on trades on each specific stamp..."

This is gibberish. What does it MEAN, in plain English? And who analyzed tens of thousands of transactions (or deals) to come up with "prices," especially for rarities??

And what about the poor buyer, faced with the stacked deck of pricing aimed at satisfying a seller? Good luck with that...

Think I will pass and keep looking.
organicm

Post by organicm »

And what about the poor buyer, faced with the stacked deck of pricing aimed at satisfying a seller? Good luck with that...

Think I will pass and keep looking.
It's not compulsory to buy anything.

I spent the afternoon checking out the site including the buy stamps section.

There were multiples of most things and the prices looked competitive to me, but I am no expert.

I just compared a few things to local dealer prices and thought they were favourable.

One thing was that the images of stamps for sale looked like images from the database and not the actual stamps being offered but I might be wrong about that. Mark
corky1958
Blue Star less than 5 posts NEWBIE!
Blue Star less than 5 posts NEWBIE!

Post by corky1958 »

I have joined as a free member. I find stamp world a great resource for pricing and organizing my albums. I also use stamp manager program. Stamp manager is missing a lot of worldwide pricing and pictures. I can use the pricing from stamp world as a reference and enter into stamp manager.

Post by 22028 »

Actually i do not see any reason for me to join.
Collecting Interests: Iraq-Railway stamps 1928-1942, Overland Mail Baghdad - Haifa 1923-1948 and its forerunners, SCADTA, the provisional Registration stamps issue 1921, Colombia, the private carriers.
Stewie1980

Post by Stewie1980 »

This month (if I am correct) the Stampworld stamp catalogue exists 10 years. Not one word about this celebration on the website with now over 534,000 members.

Not really a surprise, as most of the site hasn't been updated for years! Not even the software I think, as it's getting slower and slower.

New issues are updated almost daily, an event is added once in a while, but that's it...

When Stampworld started 10 years ago it allready had 500,000+ stamps listed and 400,000+ images. Must have been a huge project to get all the images and make an online catalogue!

Stampworld as company (Stampworld ApS) is listed in Denmark, not in Belize anymore. It seems the Jørgen Kjærsgaard mentioned here a few years ago is/was only the software engineer.

Anyone has any other thoughts and opinions on Stampworld.com?
Battyrat

Post by Battyrat »

I am also a free member.

It's a great resource for helping to identify stamps and organise my general stamp collection.

That's all I really use it for.

Being a bit old fashioned I still prefer paper catalogues for my specialty areas.
Loves to collect Lundy Island and 12 miles as straight as the Puffin flies South East another little island called England.
DJCMH

Post by DJCMH »

Stewie1980 wrote: 23 May 2022 22:49 Anyone has any other thoughts and opinions on Stampworld.com?
My mother said if you can not say anything nice, do not say anything at all. ;) But then again I might just be a little bit biased :lol:

Seriously though, I do wonder how it computes the valuations it assigns on stamps.

Personally I think that having cross-reference identification information for the major catalogues is more helpful for collectors than valuations based on data from ???? The hobby is not going to adopt a new catalogue identifiacation system after over a century of the current publisher systems being the basis for identification.

Having a universal translator is more useful than trying to create a new language from scratch - just as the Esperanto fans.
APS #173088 Stamp Catalog Coordinator for Colnect Online Catalogue https://colnect.com/en/stamps
Stewie1980

Post by Stewie1980 »

DJCMH wrote: 24 May 2022 21:50
Seriously though, I do wonder how it computes the valuations it assigns on stamps.

Personally I think that having cross-reference identification information for the major catalogues is more helpful for collectors than valuations based on data from ???? The hobby is not going to adopt a new catalogue identifiacation system after over a century of the current publisher systems being the basis for identification.
The Stampworld catalogue is set up almost the same as the Michel catalogues. I'm guessing the values are a percentage of the values in the Michel. The catalogues of 10+ years ago that is. Looks like they never update the values too...

Some high valued modern stamps, like the Kenya 2006 fishes set mentioned in another thread recently, is still listed for a couple of bucks.

Values for new issues are different per country. For some countries it's face value +50%, other countries double face, and for some others it's more. Moldova new issues are listed for 10 times face for some reason... :?

I still use Stampworld daily. Mostly for post 2000 material and for looking at new issues.

But I never use the Stampworld numbers. For modern material the numbers can change over time, when a newer issue is added later or when a "personalized" issue is removed. The numbers of stamps after those issues go up a few or go down a few.

Also their software can only handle numbers up to 4 digits. They started a Japan "part 2" because they have more than 9999 stamps issued. Most of the Stamperija countries just end with number 9999.

Sorry I not said anything nice again... ;) :lol:
AMark

Post by AMark »

Personally, I treat it as another resource to look up new stamps that have been issued around the world (as mentioned by Stewie1980) and just that. I don't pay any attention to their valuation of stamps.
leithy
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Post by leithy »

Looked at this site yesterday. Seems I was already a member. Tried looking at the buy prices of some stamps. Seems average prices being asked by sellers on the items I checked. Can't sell unless you upgrade. Do not know how many sites there are like it but seems very close to colncollect.
Kilowarekid

Post by Kilowarekid »

I have joined stamp world and its free. I collect Communist era stamps plus a few more and find it a great resource.
Coloured pictures of all the stamps in a set which is brilliant. I always thought I would buy the volumes of SG world catalogue when I retire but now I don't need to because I have stamp world.
When it comes to detailed study of parts of my collection such as PRC China or USSR, then I use my specialist one country SG catalogues.
Stamp world is one of the great things in life that is free. Why would anyone look a gift horse in the mouth.
I love communist stamps for their colour, design and history.
Kilowarekid

Post by Kilowarekid »

As no one here has taken the bold step of buying stamps on stamp world I decided to do just that. I bought a few used Japan, all post 1980, so nothing expensive and the prices were very competitive.

Bought from a dealer in Poland using PayPal.

I will let you know how I got on. Many of the stamps were priced at 0.20 cent whereas on ebay they are more expensive.

KK
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Global Administrator wrote: 01 Dec 2015 12:26
doug2222usa wrote:
Gibbons BUY anyone? They could barely buy me out. :lol: :lol: :lol:

The way the SG share price has collapsed this year, Delcampe could take a 51% controlling interest in SG, with their lunch money. Anyone could.

Indeed I suggested to someone well placed last week to look at doing just that, sacking the totally incompetent current overpaid Board, and getting them focused once again on STAMP and CATALOGUES and not the other silly unrelated to philately sideshows that has sunk them this year. And ten MILLION quid wasted on their hare brained 'Internet' BidStart fiasco experiment.

Many forget Sir Ron Brierley from Sydney owned Gibbons outright, not very many years back.

Well 7 years back this comment was prophetic!

SG Shares are now 1.5 pence only, and being delisted from the Stock Exchanges. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Glen
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
DJCMH

Post by DJCMH »

Kilowarekid wrote: 17 Aug 2022 05:32 As no one here has taken the bold step of buying stamps on stamp world I decided to do just that. I bought a few used Japan, all post 1980, so nothing expensive and the prices were very competitive.

I will let you know how I got on. Many of the stamps were priced at 0.20 cent whereas on ebay they are more expensive.

KK
If you have not checked out Colnect, you have have the ability to purchase stamps from members as at Stampworld AND as well as trade stamp for stamp with members. We have a very active trading community at Colnect and a great way to trade duplicates for items you are looking for.
APS #173088 Stamp Catalog Coordinator for Colnect Online Catalogue https://colnect.com/en/stamps
Kilowarekid

Post by Kilowarekid »

Thank you DJ for that. It is something that I will investigate.

KK
Kilowarekid

Post by Kilowarekid »

DJCMH wrote: 18 Aug 2022 00:30
Kilowarekid wrote: 17 Aug 2022 05:32 As no one here has taken the bold step of buying stamps on stamp world I decided to do just that. I bought a few used Japan, all post 1980, so nothing expensive and the prices were very competitive.

KK
If you have not checked out Colnect, you have have the ability to purchase stamps from members as at Stampworld AND as well as trade stamp for stamp with members. We have a very active trading community at Colnect and a great way to trade duplicates for items you are looking for.
Thanks so much Mr. DJ for your post about Colnect, it is quite simply Brilliant. I have bought over 500 used colourful Japanese stamps from a dealer. I am bleary-eyed from looking at the stamps on the site. Great value to be had.

KK
Kilowarekid

Post by Kilowarekid »

Now I relation to Stampworld, I purchased stamps from a dealer in Poland and got a quick response the following day saying the stamps are being posted.
Site was easy to use and the PayPal transaction went without a hitch. I will update you all further when the stamps arrive.

One thing I would advise is before you purchase send the seller an email just to make sure that they are in operation at the present time.

KK
Kilowarekid

Post by Kilowarekid »

OK, I can now report that the purchase from a seller on Stampworld went very well. Great value from an excellent seller.

So good in fact that I put in another order. So it's a thumbs up from me so far.

KK
Uppercanadian

Post by Uppercanadian »

I am a full member of Stampworld and starting selling my duplicates there in May. It was a slow start. Seems the more you have listed, the better the chance of making a sale. At this moment, I have about 1000 items listed and my sales have picked up. There are no seller fees unless you sell more than $1000 worth of product in one year, so it is perfect for a non-dealer.

Usually a buyer will make a small purchase to ensure the seller is honest. Assuming all goes well, I have been getting buyers coming back and purchasing more. There is no liability coverage for the buyer. It is strictly a trust relationship. I have also now made multiple purchases as a buyer and have been quite happy with the transactions.

Most sellers do not scan a picture of their item. I, on the other hand, go to the trouble of posting a picture for each item. This makes the process considerably longer, but I believe that it makes my items more attractive to buyers. I have a lot of small purchases. I combine shipping and gave low postage rates. Sometimes a sale is only a few dollars, but I always hope for repeat customers.

So far, I have been very happy with the site and my growth is only limited by my ability to get more listings up.
All the best,
Brad Fallon - maltonmanor at hotmail dot com
Uppercanadian

Post by Uppercanadian »

I was away from my desk when I posted the above. A few corrections. As a full membership, I mean I purchased the "Seller Membership. It is USD 100 for one year. Stampworld charges a certain percentage of sales, in order to cover the cost of providing the platform for our members. They don't charge a fee on the first $1,000 worth of sales in a given year. A year runs from January 1st. Once you reach sales of more than $1,000 in a year, we charge a 5% fee on all additional sales.

Turns out I have a little over 1500 stamps listed, but have mountains more I can add if I had the time.

Perhaps not the best deal out there for a seller, but a very good deal for a buyer. There are quite a few full time dealers selling on Stampworld, although from what I have seen so far, they all appear to be in Europe.

After the latest update of Ebay, I am done selling on there.
All the best,
Brad Fallon - maltonmanor at hotmail dot com
Kilowarekid

Post by Kilowarekid »

For me both Stampworld and Colnect have breathed new life into my stamp collecting, not that it was needed.

Both sites have started me on modern Japanese stamps. I love their flower stamps and also the greeting stamps. Japan issue's an absolute tonne of stamps per year which suits me fine because I only collect stamps that I find attractive, and Japan has so much choice.

KK
Cephus

Post by Cephus »

Kilowarekid wrote: 20 Sep 2022 05:18 For me both Stampworld and Colnect have breathed new life into my stamp collecting, not that it was needed.

Both sites have started me on modern Japanese stamps. I love their flower stamps and also the greeting stamps. Japan issue's an absolute tonne of stamps per year which suits me fine because I only collect stamps that I find attractive, and Japan has so much choice.
I was looking at modern Japan issues and there are far more pages for modern Japan than any other country I've seen. Mostly, it's because all of them are collected in sheetlets instead of singles, but the difference is huge. 8 pages for U.S. new issues for 2020 vs. 46 pages for Japan.
DJCMH

Post by DJCMH »

Uppercanadian wrote: 19 Sep 2022 12:52 I was away from my desk when I posted the above. A few corrections. As a full membership, I mean I purchased the "Seller Membership. It is USD 100 for one year. Stampworld charges a certain percentage of sales, in order to cover the cost of providing the platform for our members. They don't charge a fee on the first $1,000 worth of sales in a given year. A year runs from January 1st. Once you reach sales of more than $1,000 in a year, we charge a 5% fee on all additional sales.

Turns out I have a little over 1500 stamps listed, but have mountains more I can add if I had the time.

Perhaps not the best deal out there for a seller, but a very good deal for a buyer. There are quite a few full time dealers selling on Stampworld, although from what I have seen so far, they all appear to be in Europe.

After the latest update of Ebay, I am done selling on there.
Colnect also has a marketplace where members can sell their duplicate stamps, or trade them for stamps they are looking for.

Return to “You ask the questions - SOMEONE will have the answers!”