Discuss Crypto Stamps and Non-Fungible Token Stamps (NFTs)

News items. General trends, new issues, new policies etc. **Whatever** you like. WORLDWIDE. Start a new thread on your question. Please do not discuss ebay in THIS forum as we have a separate and popular Forum for that discussion.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Cephus
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Re: Discuss Crypto Stamps and Non-Fungible Token Stamps (NFTs)

Post by Cephus »

Brit-Col wrote: 22 Nov 2022 19:28 Resorting to ad hominem attacks never improves the quality of one’s own argument. Just sayin’.
Come on, he's just made a complete laughing stock of himself by sticking with this absurd NFT/crypto crap. It's hard to think that anyone takes him seriously anymore, it's just a waiting game to see what crazy nonsense he's going to come up with next.
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Well as we just saw, Austria Post just banked 250,000 Euro for 499 stamps that cost them about 10% of that, so still a small pool of eternal dreamers out there! 8-)

My feeling is that a year or so back it seemed possible CRYPTO might well have got a lot bigger. However, too much fast money, too many players, and too little regulation, and too many spivs that these factors always attract, has wounded it badly.

Sadly the Fat Lady has sung it seems clear.

Those a year back buying in to Bitcoin at 60K with dreams of 100K a share in their eyes, now have a 15K lemon on their hands. They have a quarter of what they inverted still left.

Is it a BARGAIN at around the 15K mark? It may well prove to be. Will it soar back to 60K? Maybe.

Let's look at that question in a year. :)

My personal feeling is that today's 15K level will be where one sells not buys, but I could of course be totally wrong on that.

Capture.JPG
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by norvic »

A new page and still no answer to this, so I’ll repeat it lest he forgets.

norvic wrote: 22 Nov 2022 19:39 In your many replies you overlooked this request.

norvic wrote: 21 Nov 2022 22:09
DigitalPhilatelist wrote: 21 Nov 2022 22:01
norvic wrote: 21 Nov 2022 21:58
And again you cannot substantiate your claim.
I have - you just continually either ignore it or fail to recognise it. Geeze - might as well call you Trump. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh well, I must have missed it, my apologies.

Please refer me to or quote your earlier post which explains why crypto currency and it's involvement with stamps and the postal service improves the process of mailing and delivering a letter.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - clearing Machins stock before Royal Mail burn them all, singles, booklets, booklet panes, regionals - lists here: or email/DM your general needs and I'll let you know whether it's worth sending a wants list.
Cephus

Post by Cephus »

norvic wrote: 23 Nov 2022 19:30 A new page and still no answer to this, so I’ll repeat it lest he forgets.
He won't. He'll just vanish for a couple of weeks, then come back with the same load of nonsense and hope nobody notices.
DigitalPhilatelist

Post by DigitalPhilatelist »

7d936667-846d-41ff-9cb3-e198e9e0e0a0.jpg
Nonfungible tokens are being used to reinvigorate postage stamp collecting in Austria and the Netherlands.

Philately? If you are a millennial, there is a good chance you used Google to find out that there is a word dedicated to collecting and studying postage stamps.

This same search also paints the picture of a hobby in decline, as younger generations are increasingly preoccupied with their screens and the constant stream of dopamine hits served up by TikTok, Instagram, Twitter and other popular social media platforms.

Two European postal services have looked to capitalize on the popularity of nonfungible tokens (NFTs) in recent years to reinvigorate the philately sector. Cointelegraph caught up with Netherlands’ PostNL and the Austrian Post Office (PostAG) at the Blockchain Expo in Amsterdam to delve into their collaborative effort that has successfully married postage stamps with NFTs.

PostAG philately head Patricia Liebermann and PostNL product manager Sacha van Hoorn are a vivacious duo that has kindled a working friendship that seems to be the backbone of the NFT-powered renaissance of postage stamp collecting in both countries.

PostAG first explored using NFT postage stamps in 2019 with real-world stamps issued with a digital twin NFT originally minted on the Ethereum blockchain. Over the next two years, Austria’s post office continued the project with near-field communication (NFC) chip functionality introduced in 2021 to further the functionality, verifiability and security of postage stamps.

Reflecting on the dimming interest in philately, Liebermann unpacked the initial idea and its quick uptake some three years ago:

“In 2019, we invented the idea of having a physical stamp combined with an NFT. It was mind-blowing, and we were overwhelmed with all that feedback. And that’s why we said, ‘Okay, there is a target group out there who is interested in this new way of collecting.’”

Van Hoorn’s efforts to continue innovating PostNL’s postage stamp offerings had already explored the use of augmented reality and artificial intelligence on stamps, but PostAG’s NFTs exploits led her to reach out to her Austrian counterpart. Knowing that development would take a significant amount of time and resources, a collaboration was formed:

“So, we actually decided to contact the Austrians because they were the first, and we really wanted to have their experience and their knowledge and ask them, ‘How did you do it?’”

The partnership has culminated in a joint launch of a new edition of Crypto Stamps, which is being labeled as a first-ever joint crypto stamp issuance. It is also the first edition of PostNL NFT stamps, with the stamps issued in a variety of respective colors of the Dutch and Austrian flags. The stamps also feature the respective countries’ national flowers, with tulips and edelweiss in the background of the PostNL and PostAG stamps.

The physical stamps are produced by Austrian firm Varius Card, whose managing director, Michael Dorner, unpacked the latest security features in a conversation with Cointelegraph. The fourth edition of the Crypto Stamps features invisible ultraviolet rays and forensic security. The NFC chips also provide cryptographic proof of any given stamp’s authenticity.

Dorner also regaled recent conversations he had with older-generation Austrians who were avid stamp users who were introduced to NFTs through PostAG’s Crypto Stamps. Unfamiliar with the digital collectibles, some grandparents inevitably asked their grandchildren to help them come to grips with the digital twin of their real-world stamps.

“They called up their grandchildren and said, ‘Do you know what an NFT is?’ And the grandchild says, ‘Yes, what do you have?’ Suddenly they sat down together for dinner, they checked the crypto stamps, and the kids were like, ‘Granddad, let’s check what color you have.'”

All three individuals believe that the NFT-paired postage stamps are leading to a philately renaissance, with Dorner describing the shift as the next generation of collectors:

“Two generations with two completely different aspects come together, and they talk. And you have this new community, you have this ‘collectors 3.0.’ Like the young collectors, we all suddenly just started getting interested in stamps again.”

These positive sentiments are also backed up by the popularity of each launch, with Dorner and Liebermann highlighting that all previous NFT-paired collections completely sold out.

Dorner estimated that 150,000 to 250,000 postage stamps with NFT pairs had been sold since 2019, suggesting the initiative could be one of the most successful NFT projects in the world. The latest edition of Crypto Stamps is minted on the Polygon blockchain.

Link:Post offices adopting NFTs leads to a philately renaissance
If you have a philatelic blog, website, organisation etc., let me know! You can list it for free at TheDigitalPhilatelist.com.
norvic

Post by norvic »

Yes but how does it improve the postal experience aside, perhaps, from providing some cash flow for the operator?
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - clearing Machins stock before Royal Mail burn them all, singles, booklets, booklet panes, regionals - lists here: or email/DM your general needs and I'll let you know whether it's worth sending a wants list.
Luigi

Post by Luigi »

Dorner also regaled recent conversations he had with older-generation Austrians who were avid stamp users who were introduced to NFTs through PostAG’s Crypto Stamps.

Unfamiliar with the digital collectibles, some grandparents inevitably asked their grandchildren to help them come to grips with the digital twin of their real-world stamps.

“They called up their grandchildren and said, ‘Do you know what an NFT is?’ And the grandchild says, ‘Yes, what do you have?’ Suddenly they sat down together for dinner, they checked the crypto stamps, and the kids were like, ‘Granddad, let’s check what color you have.'”

All three individuals believe that the NFT-paired postage stamps are leading to a philately renaissance, with Dorner describing the shift as the next generation of collectors:

“Two generations with two completely different aspects come together, and they talk. And you have this new community, you have this ‘collectors 3.0.’ Like the young collectors, we all suddenly just started getting interested in stamps again.”

OK, assuming your grandchildren are interested in stamps (mine aren't, neither are my children) how would their interest be maintained if they couldn't physically view or hold the item in their hands without you getting your laptop or Iphone out.

As a collector of 50+ years and like most collectors the joy of ownership when you can physically inspect and handle stamps cannot be compared to viewing something on a screen, or am I missing something?

Perhaps DigitalPhilatelist could explain how he would display or present these items if he was asked to give a display to a local stamp club.
Dorner estimated that 150,000 to 250,000 postage stamps with NFT pairs had been sold since 2019, suggesting the initiative could be one of the most successful NFT projects in the world. The latest edition of Crypto Stamps is minted on the Polygon blockchain.
Estimated? Bit of a very wide range, or just guesswork?. Why don't they have more accurate figures?

Sold to who? Collectors or investors chasing the next big thing?

Resales? Assuming you bought one, who would buy it off you or your estate given the very limited market the
above figures suggest.

Stamp NFTs being talked up? Reminds me of tulip mania or the emperor's new clothes.
Bill H UK
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Post by Bill H UK »

While broadly agreeing with your arguments,

"how would their interest be maintained if they couldn't physically view or hold the item in their hands without you getting your laptop or Iphone out?"

I'd say it was more likely that they'd have no interest UNLESS they could do it on their phone. :lol:
Collecting mint British Empire / Colonial up to the 1960s, Bridlington & East Yorkshire postal history, and wacky postcards.
lesbootman

Post by lesbootman »

Bill H UK wrote: 24 Nov 2022 22:20 While broadly agreeing with your arguments,

"how would their interest be maintained if they couldn't physically view or hold the item in their hands without you getting your laptop or Iphone out?"

I'd say it was more likely that they'd have no interest UNLESS they could do it on their phone. :lol:
Comment seconded :lol:
Our days are happier when we give people a bit of our heart rather than a piece of our mind!
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

DigitalPhilatelist wrote: 24 Nov 2022 16:21
Two European postal services have looked to capitalize on the popularity of nonfungible tokens (NFTs) in recent years to reinvigorate the philately sector.

Both PO's have made mega millions, so good on them for being the pathfinders on these. Many 'Johnny Come Lately' countries are following now - a year after they should have. Always happens.

It was like Phonecards - some countries got in fast, and got in big, and also made a fortune - good on them. They are only good for the plastic recycle bin now, but at the time .....................

At least the recent Austria 500 Euro ones have about 50 Euros of real gold in them, so the most you will lose is 90% of your 'investment' - not the whole 100%. :!:

Putting 500 Euros in the bank for your doting grandkids seems far smarter. They can buy the new iPhone for that. :lol:
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
sebjarod
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by sebjarod »

Global Administrator wrote: 24 Nov 2022 23:21 Putting 500 Euros in the bank for your doting grandkids seems far smarter. They can buy the new iPhone for that. :lol:
Or offer them a pristine new unused 500 euro banknote to trade to collectors in a few decades.
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Even teenagers have heard of *COMPOUND INTEREST RATES*!

500 Euro becomes 1000 surprisingly fast. 8-)
sebjarod

Post by sebjarod »

Global Administrator wrote: 24 Nov 2022 23:45 Even teenagers have heard of *COMPOUND INTEREST RATES*!

500 Euro becomes 1000 surprisingly fast. 8-)
:lol:
DigitalPhilatelist

Luigi wrote: 24 Nov 2022 21:58 OK, assuming your grandchildren are interested in stamps (mine aren't, neither are my children) how would their interest be maintained if they couldn't physically view or hold the item in their hands without you getting your laptop or Iphone out.

As a collector of 50+ years and like most collectors the joy of ownership when you can physically inspect and handle stamps cannot be compared to viewing something on a screen, or am I missing something?

Perhaps DigitalPhilatelist could explain how he would display or present these items if he was asked to give a display to a local stamp club.
To address your points.

1) Just because someone finds a certain pleasure in collecting one way, that does not mean everyone has to engage the same way. It's kinda like saying "how could one enjoy a game on a computer by one's self? Games are suppose to be played with real people. Its suppose to be a social event!"

This is why so many have abandoned the hobby and organised philately over the years. Collectors are sick of rules/limitations/people who say that if they don't collect a certain way then they are not 'real' stamp collectors - these people are now famously known as 'stamp snobs.' You can even see it in this thread - people loosing their crap over the fact that people are engaging in the hobby differently. If Crypto not your thing? That's fine - collect your way, anyway.

But what a lot of the anti-crypto crowd here just don't seem to understand is that there aren't millions of new stamp collectors waiting to join the hobby. The only way this hobby is going to survive in the future is to ensure it is inclusive and look beyond the traditional way it has been run.

2) People could show their crypto collection on any electronic device just like a Powerpoint presentation. The question is but to who? A group of 10 people? Why would they when they can display their collection online to an audience of 100, 1000, 10,000, 1,000,000. Most local clubs will be gone in the next 5-10 years (if not sooner) so how they are displayed at these events is kinda irrelevant. Stamp clubs are just an engagement style of a bygone era.
If you have a philatelic blog, website, organisation etc., let me know! You can list it for free at TheDigitalPhilatelist.com.
Brit-Col
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by Brit-Col »

DigitalPhilatelist wrote: 25 Nov 2022 23:14 1) Just because someone finds a certain pleasure in collecting one way, that does not mean everyone has to engage the same way. …

If Crypto not your thing? That's fine - collect your way, anyway.
I agree.

The issue is that you seem to be expecting a degree of acceptance and tolerance that you don’t grant others (see various of your posts above).

Some of us old dinosaurs have been around long enough to see various gimmicky fads come and go. At one time people were paying good money for “collectible” gold leaf replica stamps.
Image from eBay
Image from eBay
Who knows what will happen with crypto stamps long term? It’s a free world. Whatever floats your boat.

BC
Good judgment is gained from experience. Experience is gained from poor judgment.
Cephus

Post by Cephus »

DigitalPhilatelist wrote: 25 Nov 2022 23:14 1) Just because someone finds a certain pleasure in collecting one way, that does not mean everyone has to engage the same way. It's kinda like saying "how could one enjoy a game on a computer by one's self? Games are suppose to be played with real people. Its suppose to be a social event!"
It all comes down to your definitions. You can't just say "I like eating pizza, therefore that's part of philately!" It's fine if you want to collect NFTs and crypto-stamps, as irrational as that is, that doesn't make it part of philately. Philately has a very specific meaning: "the collection and study of postage stamps". Crypto-stamps are not postage stamps, they cannot be used to move the mail and thus, no matter how much you might like them, they are not part of philately.

It doesn't matter if you like that fact or not, it remains a fact. This is, at best, a fad. If you want to engage, by all means, feel free, just don't pretend that part of your collecting interest is a part of philately because it isn't.
Cephus

Post by Cephus »

Brit-Col wrote: 26 Nov 2022 02:49
DigitalPhilatelist wrote: 25 Nov 2022 23:14 1) Just because someone finds a certain pleasure in collecting one way, that does not mean everyone has to engage the same way. …

If Crypto not your thing? That's fine - collect your way, anyway.
I agree.

The issue is that you seem to be expecting a degree of acceptance and tolerance that you don’t grant others (see various of your posts above).

Some of us old dinosaurs have been around long enough to see various gimmicky fads come and go. At one time people were paying good money for “collectible” gold leaf replica stamps.

Who knows what will happen with crypto stamps long term? It’s a free world. Whatever floats your boat.

BC

Yup, those things used to cost a fair bit and today, they are effectively worthless, especially if addressed.

You'll find it hard to even give them away, most dealers won't touch them because they know there is effectively zero interest. These cons are a dime a dozen.

They show up all the time and the people who embrace them ultimately are separated from their money. It's their money to throw away, of course, but so far in the NFT market, everything that the old-timers have predicted has come true.

Funny how that works. Maybe it has to do with experience.
faro

Post by faro »

Cephus wrote: 26 Nov 2022 04:33Crypto-stamps are not postage stamps, they cannot be used to move the mail and thus, no matter how much you might like them, they are not part of philately.

Try again...

That the face value of the physical postage stamp is too high for regular letter use - possibly even too high for any valid postal use in the case of the latest Austrian example - is a separate matter.

I'd like to see what might happen if, say, the Royal Mail introduced a "random 1 in 100 chance" that any NVI datamatrix stamp was generated with a *free* crypto twin (of varying rarities), with a resulting "treasure hunt" which might widen the overall pool of collectors at little or no detriment to existing "specialist" traditional or digital collectors... ;)

(As a bonus, that might also help flag up the issue of forgeries to the general public in the process of scanning.)
DigitalPhilatelist

Brit-Col wrote: 26 Nov 2022 02:49

BC
I have not posted anything where I "expect" acceptance or tolerance from others.

There are certain posters in this thread who have already stated crypto is not their thing but yet continue to post in a thread they have no interest in (aka trolls). What I am pointing out is that a lot of the arguments put forth byt them are factually incorrect, ill-informed or just plain wrong.

Posters keep posting the term 'fad' but have not, yet, posted anything that is even close to reflect the multi-national, multi-billion-dollar industry that is crypto - its not gold leaf stamps.

Crypto is a market - not a collecting genre. Its high risk which means its volatile.

Crypto Might Be Down After the FTX Collapse, But It's Far from Dead; Here's Proof
DigitalPhilatelist

Cephus wrote: 26 Nov 2022 04:33 It all comes down to your definitions. You can't just say "I like eating pizza, therefore that's part of philately!" It's fine if you want to collect NFTs and crypto-stamps, as irrational as that is, that doesn't make it part of philately. Philately has a very specific meaning: "the collection and study of postage stamps". Crypto-stamps are not postage stamps, they cannot be used to move the mail and thus, no matter how much you might like them, they are not part of philately.

It doesn't matter if you like that fact or not, it remains a fact. This is, at best, a fad. If you want to engage, by all means, feel free, just don't pretend that part of your collecting interest is a part of philately because it isn't.
It may not fit YOUR definition, that doesn't mean its not part of philately. Postal history was never part of philately, now it is. Revenue stamps are not postage stamps yet also fall under the banner. FDC, maxim cards...all not stamps. Cinderellas are also included by some. Some stamps are created for sheer collecting purposes and never postage.

Again, all facts you never address.

NFTs ARE USED FOR POSTAL PURPOSES - FACT.
norvic

Post by norvic »

DigitalPhilatelist wrote: 26 Nov 2022 07:30
In that case could you please reply to this because I missed it.

If I understand your reply then I shan’t bother you again, whether I agree with it or not.
Please refer me to or quote your earlier post which explains why crypto currency and it's involvement with stamps and the postal service improves the process of mailing and delivering a letter.
DigitalPhilatelist

norvic wrote: 26 Nov 2022 08:10
DigitalPhilatelist wrote: 26 Nov 2022 07:30
In that case could you please reply to this because I missed it.

If I understand your reply then I shan’t bother you again, whether I agree with it or not.
1) Casemail Edit: This link may be more helpful: Blockchain NFT Postage

2) I have not commented on why crypto/crypto stamps improves the process of mailing/delivering a letter. Unless you are referring to the storage of data which tracks the entire postal history of the item? Is that what you mean?
norvic

Post by norvic »

No, I was referring to your shouty statement

"NFTs ARE USED FOR POSTAL PURPOSES"

and I wanted to know in what way. No need to type it all again if you have already explained, I just can't find it in this thread.
DigitalPhilatelist

Posted above, again.
Cephus

Post by Cephus »

norvic wrote: 26 Nov 2022 09:11 No, I was referring to your shouty statement

and I wanted to know in what way. No need to type it all again if you have already explained, I just can't find it in this thread.

He's just a dipsh*t who doesn't comprehend basic English.

They cannot be used for postal purposes. The STAMP that they're attached to can be, but the NFT, which is purely digital and cannot be affixed to an envelope, can't.

He's just not that bright. This has been asked many times before and he keeps dodging.
Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

DigitalPhilatelist wrote: 26 Nov 2022 07:25 I have not posted anything where I "expect" acceptance or tolerance from others.
Your whole post was a rant about “snobs” who don’t accept your views.

Anyway, this is getting tedious. Time for a break.

BC
Good judgment is gained from experience. Experience is gained from poor judgment.
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Surely the 500 Euro one CAN be used to pay 500 Euro on a highly insured 20 kilo Express air parcel to here etc? (No sure how they would 'cancel' it!)

Tape a piece of clear cello over it and you'd have the unique postally used one!

I mailed an uninsured parcel of books to USA this week that cost $A300 or something.

Face value looks to be 50,000 Euro cents?

A 20 kilo parcel from here to Austria insured for $5000, is about $550.

Oost2022.jpg
Captureff.JPG
Capturevvv.JPG
Capturekkkk.JPG
DigitalPhilatelist

Cephus wrote: 26 Nov 2022 09:32

They cannot be used for postal purposes. The STAMP that they're attached to can be, but the NFT, which is purely digital and cannot be affixed to an envelope, can't.

He's just not that bright. This has been asked many times before and he keeps dodging.
Again, more ranting, but ZERO understanding of what you are talking about. :roll: :roll: :roll:
DigitalPhilatelist

Brit-Col wrote: 26 Nov 2022 10:51
DigitalPhilatelist wrote: 26 Nov 2022 07:25 I have not posted anything where I "expect" acceptance or tolerance from others.
Your whole post was a rant about “snobs” who don’t accept your views.

Anyway, this is getting tedious. Time for a break.

BC
No, it wasn't. I said
"Collectors are sick of rules/limitations/people who say that if they don't collect a certain way then they are not 'real' stamp collectors - these people are now famously known as 'stamp snobs.' "
WTF? This is no way says you are expected to accept my views. I am just stating what the views are in the community. :roll: :roll: :roll:
norvic

Post by norvic »

DigitalPhilatelist wrote: 26 Nov 2022 12:27
Cephus wrote: 26 Nov 2022 09:32

Again, more ranting, but ZERO understanding of what you are talking about. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Either way, you still haven’t responded to my request.
DigitalPhilatelist

Yes - I did. Scroll up, Norvic.
norvic

Post by norvic »

DigitalPhilatelist wrote: 26 Nov 2022 19:36 Yes - I did. Scroll up, Norvic.
2) I have not commented on why crypto/crypto stamps improves the process of mailing/delivering a letter. Unless you are referring to the storage of data which tracks the entire postal history of the item? Is that what you mean?
Ok, I understand that you didn't and you can't. I'll leave it there.
Stewie1980
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by Stewie1980 »

PostNL (Netherlands) also issued a gold edition crypto stamp.

Face value is the same as the normal edition (R = Registered = €9.05) but the sales price is also €500.00 as the Austrian one of this "joint issue"!
Netherlands 2022 Crypto Stamp Gold Edition
Netherlands 2022 Crypto Stamp Gold Edition
https://www.postnl.nl/versturen/postzegels/postzegels-verzamelen/nl-crypto-stamp/
Cephus

Post by Cephus »

norvic wrote: 26 Nov 2022 18:54 Either way, you still haven’t responded to my request.
No, and he won't. He just keeps dodging and I suspect that will never change.
sebjarod

Post by sebjarod »

norvic wrote: 26 Nov 2022 21:22
DigitalPhilatelist wrote: 26 Nov 2022 19:36 Yes - I did. Scroll up, Norvic.
Ok, I understand that you didn't and you can't. I'll leave it there.
From Andrii Shapovalov aka "The son, the father, and the Digital/Crypto Collectibles Enthusiast and Investor. Co-founder at http://stampsdaq.com" on Twitter yesterday:

"I wish the #stamps from childhood were valuable today.. but they worth around 200 USD..:( This is the paradigm [at]stampsdaqHQ is changing with #NFT tech. NFT stamps not for postage, yes, but are THE tool to make stamps collecting valuable, entertaining and rewarding, for lifetime!"
Attachments
What NFTstamp use for 112022.jpg
Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Stewie1980 wrote: 27 Nov 2022 01:32
PostNL (Netherlands) also issued a gold edition crypto stamp.

Face value is the same as the normal edition (R = Registered = €9.05) but the sales price is also €500.00 as the Austrian one of this "joint issue"!

https://www.postnl.nl/versturen/postzegels/postzegels-verzamelen/nl-crypto-stamp/

The Dutch PO are clearly much smarter than the Austrian then. (And any buyers of the Dutch version are FAR dumber of course for the same reason.) :lol: :lol: :lol:

The 500 Euro Dutch version is only good for 9 Euro of registered mail 'R franking, but the Austria one clearly says ''50000 Euro cents'' face value', and as pointed out above, is always good for paying a 500 Euro fully insured 20 or 25 kilo express air parcel to Australia, when this silly fad crashes and burns - and they all do. :lol: :lol:

Ubobo.R.O.

Post by Ubobo.R.O. »

Franklin Mint, The Bradford Exchange and now Crypto Stamps. :roll:
Full time horse non-whisperer, post box searcher and lichen covered granite rock percher. Gee I'm handsome !
You gottem birds, lighthouses, butterflies, shells, maps, flags and heads on stamps ? Me wantem !
Number-O-Ne

Post by Number-O-Ne »

Ubobo.R.O. wrote: 27 Nov 2022 12:12 Franklin Mint, The Bradford Exchange and now Crypto Stamps. :roll:
Prices will go up, then down, and more down until things stabilize. Likely to take several years, maybe a decade or longer.

A market value will establish in the end, but not before making quite a few people curse the day they first heard about the crypto stamps.
Italian Social (Not Socialist :mrgreen: ) Republic Postal History
Cephus

Post by Cephus »

Ubobo.R.O. wrote: 27 Nov 2022 12:12 Franklin Mint, The Bradford Exchange and now Crypto Stamps. :roll:
All things meant to appeal to dumb people who aren't bright enough to figure out that they're getting scammed.
Brit-Col

Post by Brit-Col »

sebjarod wrote: 27 Nov 2022 09:54 From Andrii Shapovalov aka "The son, the father, and the Digital/Crypto Collectibles Enthusiast and Investor. Co-founder at http://stampsdaq.com" on Twitter yesterday:

"I wish the #stamps from childhood were valuable today.. but they worth around 200 USD..:( This is the paradigm [at]stampsdaqHQ is changing with #NFT tech. NFT stamps not for postage, yes, but are THE tool to make stamps collecting valuable, entertaining and rewarding, for lifetime!"
Just for information for those who may not be aware, the American Philatelic Society has seen fit to give this guy a platform. You can make of it what you will.
152755EB-A5DC-480C-B168-2F6063D473E6.jpeg
Here’s the link to the interview:
https://stamps.us14.list-manage.com/track/click?u=99f2a91bee ... b2c1ee150f

BC

Return to “Discuss stamps - and *anything* at ALL happening with stamps”