2023 SG Commonwealth 'Part 1' - when released?

There are some superb and incredibly useful reference books, and catalogues out there. And tools to measure perforations or paper thickness or LED magnifiers etc Please add your new discoveries - and recommendations to this forum. As in all forums, you can post photos of your favourites and recommendations.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Britcollector
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

2023 SG Commonwealth 'Part 1' - when released?

Post by Britcollector »

Is this calalog (catalogue) released yet ?

Anyone here selling it ?

Thanks
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: 2023 SG Commonwealth Part 1

Post by Global Admin »

Yes SG now have stock of these they advised earlier in week.

Most retailers globally will have it in due course. Shipping cost on a single book is terrifying overseas due to weight, so ask your local USA supplier I'd suggest. :!:

Dear Dealer

We are pleased to announce that our new Part 1 Commonwealth & Empire catalogue 1840-1970 catalogue has arrived in our warehouse.

000_Part1_2023_Digital.jpg
Capturesg.JPG
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
CMJ
Rescued a MILLION Stampboard Images
Rescued a MILLION  Stampboard Images

Re: 2023 SG Commonwealth Part 1 - when released?

Post by CMJ »

000_Part1_2023_Digital.jpg
Yes, it was released very recently. This week, I think.

Edit. Glen beat me to it with the answer :D

Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: 2023 SG Commonwealth Part 1 - when released?

Post by Global Admin »

And to prove once more that Gibbons have NEVER understood the Internet or bog basic marketing we get this total madness -

Captureggg.JPG
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
faro

Re: 2023 SG Commonwealth Part 1

Post by faro »

Global Administrator wrote: 07 Oct 2022 09:19Most retailers globally will have it in due course. Shipping cost on a single book is terrifying overseas due to weight, so ask your local USA supplier I'd suggest. :!:
Per last year, Speedyhen still has postage to the USA of £15.99 giving a total of £88.10 including postage vs. the £94.95 list price; https://www.speedyhen.com/Product/Stanley-Gibbons/2023-Commo ... 0/28065474

One pound more for delivery to Oz.

Currently out of stock, however, with more copies expected soon, as they were hammered by pre-orders as is usually the case. ;)
Britcollector

Re: 2023 SG Commonwealth 'Part 1' - when released?

Post by Britcollector »

How does the digital version work ? Is it a download that one can keep and refer to offline .. or access to an on-line only database.
Derbyboi2

Post by Derbyboi2 »

Britcollector wrote: 07 Oct 2022 17:58 How does the digital version work ? Is it a download that one can keep and refer to offline .. or access to an on-line only database.
Having used both the hard copy and the digital version there is no competition. The hard copy is much, much better. You can't download and refer offline as at my 2021 version. I don't know about the 2023 as I now rely on the hard copy.
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

Britcollector wrote: 07 Oct 2022 17:58 How does the digital version work ? Is it a download that one can keep and refer to offline .. or access to an on-line only database.

Gibbons have never ever, ever, understood the Internet or technology, (which is why their share price tanked from 4 quid, to a penny) so they will have looked carefully at other successful on-line catalogues like MICHEL ('don't mention The War') and then done the complete opposite! :lol:
blue-within-blue
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by blue-within-blue »

Speedyhen now has fresh stock, and posted my copy yesterday. For UK buyers, their price is the lowest I could find anywhere, at £72.11 with free UK postage. Cheapest on Ebay comes to about £88 including p&p, and Amazon are charging over £81 for the same Speedyhen item.

ROB
faro

Post by faro »

blue-within-blue wrote: 11 Oct 2022 20:59
Speedyhen now has fresh stock, and posted my copy yesterday. For UK buyers, their price is the lowest I could find anywhere, at £72.11 with free UK postage. Cheapest on Ebay comes to about £88 including p&p, and Amazon are charging over £81 for the same Speedyhen item.

ROB

SG Part 1 2023 is still in stock on Speedyhen at £72.11 and SG SOTW 2023 is available from today, 30/11.

speedyCapture.JPG

As they still offer low price shipping worldwide at a fixed rate this is almost certainly the cheapest option for purchasing SOTW from outside the UK. They have, however, had limits on which cards can be used to make purchases...

On the off-chance that anyone outside the UK is looking to buy SOTW and has issues trying to purchase via Speedyhen, I may be able to assist if required (established Stampboards users only!).

At current exchange rates, the SOTW price *including* shipping works out at approx. US$300/CA$415/AU$440/NZ$475/₹25,000.

Return to “Knowledge really is POWER in this hobby! Catalogues, journals and reference books.”