Are there problems with sending board emails to other members??

These boards are a cinch to use, but if BB's are new to you, here are a few basic tips for new users to help you settle in. How to post, edit, how to add photos or avatars etc. Who are the Board Moderators etc. Please feel free to ask questions or add suggestions yourself. Add threads here re any technical issues that might concern you.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

Hemang
I was online for post number TEN MILLION!
I was online for post number TEN MILLION!

Re: Are there problems with sending board emails to other members??

Post by Hemang »

I have subscribed to few topics and bookmarked some topics, but i don't receive any update notification emails for them,

But as mentioned in rules there was mentioned i will receive email when someone mentions me.

Clear my doubt here please
Greetings from India. How are You?
I like collecting engraved stamps and seeing their beauty :-) Especially Cz. Slania and Martin Mörck.
norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by norvic »

Hemang wrote: 05 Dec 2022 02:46 I have subscribed to few topics and bookmarked some topics, but i don't receive any update notification emails for them,
But as mentioned in rules there was mentioned i will receive email when someone mentions me.
Email notifications for mentions and for those threads you are subscribed to haven't worked for some time. There was a problem a couple of years back where none were received then hundreds came through together like a dam being breached, which was quite pointless.

When you are quoted, a notification will appear here:
Stampboard Notifications.
Stampboard Notifications.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - clearing Machins stock see Modern GB Blog Also almost everything non-GB postal history & postcards I show here is for sale: DM for details.
Mystery Postcard Nos: 265, 290/1/3, 304, 310, 320/2/4/6-8, 331/7/8, 344/6, 353/8, 360/1/3
Stamps4Life
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by Stamps4Life »

norvic wrote: 05 Dec 2022 03:05
Hemang wrote: 05 Dec 2022 02:46 I have subscribed to few topics and bookmarked some topics, but i don't receive any update notification emails for them,
Email notifications for mentions and for those threads you are subscribed to haven't worked for some time. There was a problem a couple of years back where none were received then hundreds came through together like a dam being breached, which was quite pointless.

I wish I knew this sooner! I’ve been trying to get mine to work again now for about a week…. Sorry to have bothered everyone about it. :(
All the best,
William
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

norvic wrote: 05 Dec 2022 03:05

Exactly.

Question asked and answered, and thread locked.

Admin
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

Been trying to contact member Ausdavo about something he bought from me here.

No reply so I'm guessing he hasn't seen then, but perhaps he has been busy with other things.

I'll keep trying!
Collecting Stamps & Postal History of Molokai | Polar Regions in WWII | Chatham Islands | Lord Howe Island | Greenland et hoc genus omne
ghopper02
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Email through stampboards not working?

Post by ghopper02 »

Hello all,

I've been trying to contact "Bruny 7520" through the email link in the profile and I'm not even getting the copy that should come to me when I check that box before sending.

I haven't gotten a response from Bruny either, so I'm wondering if there isn't a problem with email through the site.

Is anyone else having issues?

Thank you!
Ghopper02
My other interests - rockhounding, fishing, gardening, entomology... So little time...
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

AGAIN - do add a note here folks so that Yuriy our tech whizz in New York knows of this issue. Send him a Pizza too if this is an issue for you, to speed things along on the TOTALLY FREE TO ALL board -

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=97166&start=50

Glen

Global Administrator wrote: 26 Jan 2022 21:11

Global Administrator wrote: 21 Oct 2021 00:26 .
I was just looking at the Admin log of downtime and outages for stampboards for the past 24 months, since our super MAJOR upgrade in mid 2020. We moved from the flaky and buggy and erratic servers in Oklahoma, and I see we have since had almost ZERO downtime or outages, due to our new robust and large private servers in the USA, with relay back-ups, and load sharing on both coasts there.

We have logged just a few minutes downtime in TOTAL over 16 months. An incredible achievement, given the large user and visitor traffic we have here, and the vast data storage and back-up now of 7.5 million messages.

Facebook and YouTube has literally been out of action way more than we have in 24 months! My BANK website here is down regularly. As are most Stamp Auction sites. stampboards is as solid as a rock.

Yuriy in New York as always keeps it all ticking along very smoothly in the background, and is just about to update us to the very latest phpBB software, with even more features. He sourced the hosting company after days of research, and chose SUPERBLY, I am sure all will agree. :!:

AND we will expand our storage to an ever larger server system, seeing we now have well over a MILLION images self-hosted on our own SUPER SECURE servers now - we are truly the Wikipedia of stamp collecting. 8-)

We are the WORLD'S number one Stamp Bulletin Board because of our million images, and the vast depth of MILLIONS of posts of content, and that costs money to do, and to back-up robustly and securely forever.

Yuriy is not even a stamp collector - he just likes us as a quirky fun project for him, and has helped out for a decade or more here, so I'd again encourage ALL members to do your bit, and fund a pizza and some beers etc via PayPal in ANY currency to - yuriy [at] rusko.org (Think of it as your oblique Stampboards Membership Fee, or Crowd Funding!)

Just 100 generous Community minded members sending only a modest $10 or $20 pays for a lot of his time, and shows he is appreciated by those here who benefit from HIS super back-room skills. Please do it NOW. CROWD FUNDING at its finest. A new issue stamp set at the PO costs that! :)

Think of just how many valuable things you have learned, shared, swapped etc, and the many new friends made here. All of them worth $20 or so now, I am certain. :!: :!:

All the US hosting is at my cost, and always will be, and that runs to many $1000s a year, but please do show your small personal appreciation for the tech whizz who keeps that all ticking along with no glitches in the background all year. He has quietly saved us from disaster MANY times over our long history, trust me. Spam attacks, hacking attempts etc, all foiled etc. :!:

Yuriy is one of the head coding and design developers globally of this phpBB board skeleton, used by millions of Bulletin Boards worldwide, most far smaller than this of course, and has customised the back-end of this version entirely for our needs - larger easy to read fonts given our demographic, added many different navigation buttons, very special attention to easy adding of images, and many other features not immediately obvious to the casual user.

I have never sent a text message in my life - true, and have never used Facebook or Twitter or Instagram, or had a Zoom meeting etc, so if you relied on my ''tech skills'', there would be a totally blank screen facing you right now! :mrgreen:

There Are NO Free Lunches In Life - so, please PayPal Yuriy a Pizza and some beers! yuriy [at] rusko.org .... PEOPLE POWER. 8-)

Add a note here you have done that if you wish - but even if it stays private please do assist, we/you owe Yuriy a LOT. :!:

Thanks in advance -

Glen Stephens - owner of www.stampboards.com

Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!

Return to “New to Bulletin Boards? A few useful tips and technical threads. AND add your suggestions too.”