Share your world wide collection of Stamp Odds and Sods.

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: snaws, Justin, Volunteer Moderator Team

Waffle
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Share your world wide collection of Stamp Odds and Sods.

Post by Waffle »

I have in my collection a many and varied collection from many different places, of themselves too small to warrant a separate thread for each place.

I will thus lump them all together as a single entity to include all the numbers from all over.
Last edited by Waffle on 22 Feb 2023 11:03, edited 1 time in total.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.
Waffle

Re: Share your world wide collection of Odds and Sods.

Post by Waffle »

Diverse collection No 1.
Stamp of South Africa, Sailing The southern Ocean.
Stamp of South Africa, Sailing The southern Ocean.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 2.
Stamp of Belgium Conservation of Nature, postmarked Malmedy, scene of a prisoner of war massacre during Dec 1944.
Stamp of Belgium Conservation of Nature, postmarked Malmedy, scene of a prisoner of war massacre during Dec 1944.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No.3
Stamp of Nauru. The 1979 Christmas Mint Issue.
Stamp of Nauru. The 1979 Christmas Mint Issue.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No.4.
Stamp of Nauru. ANGAM Day.
Stamp of Nauru. ANGAM Day.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 5
Stamp of Pitcairn Island. The 1985 Christmas Issue.
Stamp of Pitcairn Island. The 1985 Christmas Issue.
Ubobo.R.O.

Post by Ubobo.R.O. »

Australia Post Parcel Tag with Bredbo, NSW registration label. Sent to Cooma, NSW.
Australia Post Parcel Tag with Bredbo, NSW registration label. Sent to Cooma, NSW.
Full time horse non-whisperer, post box searcher and lichen covered granite rock percher. Gee I'm handsome !
You gottem birds, lighthouses, butterflies, shells, maps, flags and heads on stamps ? Me wantem !
Waffle

Re: Share your world wide collection of Stamp Odds and Sods.

Post by Waffle »

Diverse collection no. 6
Stamps of Grenada. Disney Issues.
Stamps of Grenada. Disney Issues.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse collection No.7.
Frontspiece of stamp pack.
Frontspiece of stamp pack.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No.8.
Stamp of Nauru. Nauru new Copnstitution, Set of 4 mint stamps.
Stamp of Nauru. Nauru new Copnstitution, Set of 4 mint stamps.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 9.
Stamp of Pitcairn Island 22/7/1981 F.D.C. For the Royal Wedding of Prince4 Charles, Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer.
Stamp of Pitcairn Island 22/7/1981 F.D.C. For the Royal Wedding of Prince4 Charles, Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse collection No 10.
Stamp of Bhutan. Miniature sheet of 3 mint stamps for the 1972 Munich Olympic games.
Stamp of Bhutan. Miniature sheet of 3 mint stamps for the 1972 Munich Olympic games.
Last edited by Waffle on 04 Mar 2023 10:34, edited 1 time in total.
ViccyVFU

Post by ViccyVFU »

David, I'm sure the items will become more eclectic, as you reach "deep into the box".

Perhaps a one line commentary on "why they are included in your collection" would help people appreciate their significance?

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Vicky VFU. Thanks for the question. They are included in MY Collection as I have cathloic collecting tastes and Never reject anything that is offered. It is nice to know that someone is actually looking at the thread and is curious.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No !1.
Stamp of The Seychelles  400th Anniversary of the First Recorded European Landing on The Seychelles.
Stamp of The Seychelles 400th Anniversary of the First Recorded European Landing on The Seychelles.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No 12.
Stamp of Northern Rhodesia. Set of 5 mint Cecil Rhodes stamps 1962 Centenary.
Stamp of Northern Rhodesia. Set of 5 mint Cecil Rhodes stamps 1962 Centenary.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 13.
Stamp of Fujeria. Miniature sheet for the Cairo Stamp Centenary Exhibition 1966. C.T.O.
Stamp of Fujeria. Miniature sheet for the Cairo Stamp Centenary Exhibition 1966. C.T.O.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No 14.
Stamp of Japan. Strip of 4 mint stamps.
Stamp of Japan. Strip of 4 mint stamps.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse collection No 15.
Stamp of St. Helena 1981. Set of 3 Mint stamps for the Royal Wedding of Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer.
Stamp of St. Helena 1981. Set of 3 Mint stamps for the Royal Wedding of Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No 16.
Stam,p of Swaziland, 1981. Set of 3 Mint stamps for the Royal Wedding of Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer.
Stam,p of Swaziland, 1981. Set of 3 Mint stamps for the Royal Wedding of Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer.
Sargonnas
I was online for post number TEN MILLION!
I was online for post number TEN MILLION!

Post by Sargonnas »

Waffle wrote: 05 Mar 2023 11:35 Diverse Collection No 14.
Nice series. I knew Japan liked "Nijntje" (Miffy) but I didn't know they issued stamps depicting other drawings from Dick Bruna.

Do you have the Dutch children's stamps designed by him too?
Collecting interests:
Soccer theme, Netherlands and overseas territories, GB, Channel Islands and older used (Tuck's) postcards.
OldDuffer1

Post by OldDuffer1 »

Waffle wrote: 04 Mar 2023 10:36 Vicky VFU. Thanks for the question. They are included in MY Collection as I have cathloic collecting tastes and Never reject anything that is offered. It is nice to know that someone is actually looking at the thread and is curious.
It just shows that there is room for everybody with this hobby. Personally I have to have a theme and direction, as I guess many others do!
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

So, what are your limits – no, let me rephrase that. What are your guidelines when it comes to collecting or is it literally anything and everything? I used to be the latter.

In other words, what should we NOT be sending you that you think might be a fraction on the less exciting side? :mrgreen:

Are these 'odds and sods' – your separate diverse collections – categorised by themes or by countries?

I found this in a box lot and have kept it although Bermuda is not my area of interest. Looks cool, I think!
Reg 1970 Bermuda Cover sent to Australia O.H.M.S. with nice flower issue
Reg 1970 Bermuda Cover sent to Australia O.H.M.S. with nice flower issue
Collecting Stamps & Postal History of Molokai | Polar Regions in WWII | Chatham Islands | Lord Howe Island | Greenland et hoc genus omne
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

It does look cool, Catweazle. Mayhaps I just collect ANYTHING that takes my fancy with absolutely no rhyme or reason to it. There is no theme or country bias. My main interests are the Commonwealth, especially the Pacific, and SE Asia. The UK interest died in 2016.

Least interests are in the Communist countries and the Arabian peninsula although I have lots from each area. Fussy, I am not. This is why I term the thread Diverse or Odds and Sods.

Thanks for the question and the chance to explain. I hope it makes some sense. Perhaps Geoffrey Bayldon could explain it better rather than jumping into a moat from the battlements.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No 17.
Stamp of Samoa, 1981. Set of 3 mint stamps for the Royal Wedding of Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and lady Diana Spencer.
Stamp of Samoa, 1981. Set of 3 mint stamps for the Royal Wedding of Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and lady Diana Spencer.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No.18.
Stamp of Pitcairn Islands 1981. Set of 3 mint stamps for the Royal wedding of Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer.
Stamp of Pitcairn Islands 1981. Set of 3 mint stamps for the Royal wedding of Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Lady Diana Spencer.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 19.
Stamp of Papua New Guinea on a 18/8/1976 F.C.C. Complete set for the Formation of Scouting In P.N.G. and Air Delivery of Post. Very badly cropped.
Stamp of Papua New Guinea on a 18/8/1976 F.C.C. Complete set for the Formation of Scouting In P.N.G. and Air Delivery of Post. Very badly cropped.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse collection No.20.
Stamp of The Cook Islands on a 5/4/1979 F.D.C. The Easter 1979 Issue complete set.
Stamp of The Cook Islands on a 5/4/1979 F.D.C. The Easter 1979 Issue complete set.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No.21.
Stamp of Zimbabwe on a 17/10/1980 F.D.C. Complete set of 4 stamps for the 75th Anniversary of the Post Office Savings Bank.
Stamp of Zimbabwe on a 17/10/1980 F.D.C. Complete set of 4 stamps for the 75th Anniversary of the Post Office Savings Bank.
BigSaint

Post by BigSaint »

ViccyVFU wrote: 04 Mar 2023 10:33

David, I'm sure the items will become more eclectic, as you reach "deep into the box".

Perhaps a one line commentary on "why they are included in your collection" would help people appreciate their significance?

Any chance of larger images so our poor old eyes can see & enjoy your "odds & sods". :D
Specialist Collector of World Horse Racing Covers, Melbourne Cup & Kentucky Derby, & JFK fdcs.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Sorry BigSaint, but my scanner does the one size fits all plan. Perhaps there is an enlargement app on it but as I am still learning, and cannot find it, I will have to wait until the Boss comes back across the river, where she is caring for my son(his 4 carers have all called in sick today) before I can ask her advice.

At the risk of being facetious, investing in a good magnifying glass may help.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 22.
Front piece from a pack of Lord Howe Island stamps for local post only, bought on a super holiday to Lord Howe Island. The honesty box system worked superbly. Mind you, flying in at low!!! altitude over the reef to the landing strip was hair raising.
Front piece from a pack of Lord Howe Island stamps for local post only, bought on a super holiday to Lord Howe Island. The honesty box system worked superbly. Mind you, flying in at low!!! altitude over the reef to the landing strip was hair raising.
Last edited by BigSaint on 07 Mar 2023 22:51, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Lord Howe Island not Norfolk Island
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 23.
Stamp of Lord Howe Island for local postage only. Contents of the local Palms pack.
Stamp of Lord Howe Island for local postage only. Contents of the local Palms pack.
Last edited by BigSaint on 07 Mar 2023 22:50, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Lord Howe Island not Norfolk Island
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No.24.
Frontspiece of Cocos(keeling) Islands stamp pack of Local Flora series.
Frontspiece of Cocos(keeling) Islands stamp pack of Local Flora series.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No.25.
Stamp of Cocos(keeling)islands local Flora stamp pack.1.
Stamp of Cocos(keeling)islands local Flora stamp pack.1.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No 26.
Stamp of Cocos(Keeling) Islands. Contents of Local Flora series Stamp pack, 2.
Stamp of Cocos(Keeling) Islands. Contents of Local Flora series Stamp pack, 2.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse collection No.27.
Explanatory details of Contents of Cocos(Keeling) Islands Local Flora Series stamp pack.
Explanatory details of Contents of Cocos(Keeling) Islands Local Flora Series stamp pack.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 28.
Stamp of Bhutan. Miniature sheet of Artwork by Paul Czeanne.
Stamp of Bhutan. Miniature sheet of Artwork by Paul Czeanne.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No 29.
Stamp of Bhutan. Miniature Sheet of artwork of Paul Czeanne, well known for his visits to Bhutan.
Stamp of Bhutan. Miniature Sheet of artwork of Paul Czeanne, well known for his visits to Bhutan.
kuikka

Post by kuikka »

Waffle wrote: 07 Mar 2023 10:17 Diverse Collection No. 23.
Thank you for showing your collection. One small correction here. Although you wrote that the stamps are from Norfolk Island, they appear to be from Lord Howe Island.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Absolutely Correct Kuikka.
Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

You should post some holidays snaps of your island holiday in another thread somewhere! 8-)

Or have you done this already and I missed it? :oops:

Some fun items here – keep them coming!

I like the story about the one from your holiday. Do all the other items have stories too, or do many you find in box lots?
Collecting Stamps & Postal History of Molokai | Polar Regions in WWII | Chatham Islands | Lord Howe Island | Greenland et hoc genus omne
ViccyVFU

Post by ViccyVFU »

OldDuffer1 wrote: 05 Mar 2023 23:19
Waffle wrote: 04 Mar 2023 10:36 Vicky VFU. Thanks for the question. They are included in MY Collection as I have cathloic collecting tastes and Never reject anything that is offered. It is nice to know that someone is actually looking at the thread and is curious.
It just shows that there is room for everybody with this hobby. Personally I have to have a theme and direction, as I guess many others do!

Your comment made me reflect on a page from an old (boxed lot) exercise book / album I've just stripped down .......

FCCL.jpg

My comment was more along the lines of "Why does what YOU show us make YOU happy", but, as you say, there are people who seemingly collect "under sufferance".

Waffle.... keep them coming ... Its just if you could add a bit of why it makes you happy, it would seem a lot less random..... (and I might even treat you to next weeks shredding pile, if I think you'd appreciate them).

Catweazle

Post by Catweazle »

ViccyVFU wrote: 07 Mar 2023 21:55
OldDuffer1 wrote: 05 Mar 2023 23:19

Your comment made me reflect on a page from an old (boxed lot) exercise book / album I've just stripped down .......

My comment was more along the lines of "Why does what YOU show us make YOU happy", but, as you say, there are people who seemingly collect "under sufferance".

Waffle.... keep them coming ... Its just if you could add a bit of why it makes you happy, it would seem a lot less random..... (and I might even treat you to next weeks shredding pile, if I think you'd appreciate them).

What were some of the stamps from that section of the old album? You could post them here - we'd love to see too!
ViccyVFU

Post by ViccyVFU »

Catweazle wrote: 07 Mar 2023 22:34
What were some of the stamps from that section of the old album? You could post them here - we'd love to see too!

This thread is about "what make Waffle happy", not about "what annoys some random stranger".

The old album has been processed (meaning its either in hinged kiloware, or shredded).

My happiness lies in "tidying down" :D .

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Thanks for the feedback fellow collectors. We all collect what we want to collect and disregard the rest(echoes of an old song there.) I am always pleased that people are curious and interested enough to comment even if negative as it aids my progress.

I am tidying down at the same time. I have hundreds of used duplicates from Australia, New Zealand and The U.K., which I am bundling up and posting off to deserving souls in Stampboards, to help clear space in my stamp room. I can now even see the top of my desk!.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 30.
Stamp of Papua New Guinea on a 28/10/1976 F.D.C. Complete set of Tropical Fish Issue.
Stamp of Papua New Guinea on a 28/10/1976 F.D.C. Complete set of Tropical Fish Issue.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 32.
Stamp of Papua New Guinea on a 15/4/1992 F.D.C. Complete set of stamps for the 500th anniversary of Christopher Columbus arriving in The New World.
Stamp of Papua New Guinea on a 15/4/1992 F.D.C. Complete set of stamps for the 500th anniversary of Christopher Columbus arriving in The New World.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No.33.
Stamp of South Africa on a 20/7/1983 F.D.C. Complete set of 4 stamps for the Sport In South Africa Issue.
Stamp of South Africa on a 20/7/1983 F.D.C. Complete set of 4 stamps for the Sport In South Africa Issue.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No.34.
Stamp of The Gambiao9n a souvenir cover for what would have been the 60th Birthday of Elvis Presley(The King)
Stamp of The Gambiao9n a souvenir cover for what would have been the 60th Birthday of Elvis Presley(The King)

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”