Is there a way to sort posts here by date?

These boards are a cinch to use, but if BB's are new to you, here are a few basic tips for new users to help you settle in. How to post, edit, how to add photos or avatars etc. Who are the Board Moderators etc. Please feel free to ask questions or add suggestions yourself. Add threads here re any technical issues that might concern you.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

DTSM
Blue Star less than 5 posts NEWBIE!
Blue Star less than 5 posts NEWBIE!

Is there a way to sort posts here by date?

Post by DTSM »

The format of these boards seems to confuse me. There seems to be no order in which posts are listed. All different dates some from 10 years ago.

Is there a way to sort these threads with the newest replies first?
Ubobo.R.O.
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Is there a way to sort these posts by date ?

Post by Ubobo.R.O. »

Posts are sorted by date. Starting with the OLDEST first. The newest is last.
Full time horse non-whisperer, post box searcher and lichen covered granite rock percher. Gee I'm handsome !
You gottem birds, lighthouses, butterflies, shells, maps, flags and heads on stamps ? Me wantem !
Kainnikanada

Re: Is there a way to sort these posts by date?

Post by Kainnikanada »

In the upper right corner of the masthead is your username. Click on that and then click 'User control panel'. Choose 'Board preferences' then 'Edit display options'. There are all sorts of choices including ascending or descending posts etc.
Time to quit. Was told what I should collect.
admin
Site Administrator
Location: That's on a need to know basis - and YOU do not need to know!

Post by admin »

Ubobo.R.O. wrote: ↑01 Jun 2023 09:31
Posts are sorted by date. Starting with the OLDEST first. The newest is last.

What utter nonsense, to confuse this newbie even more.

In each forum, the software default, is of course, for all pages to start with showing the NEWEST thread.

For instance if you go to the For Sale Forum - once you scroll past the 10 'stickies' at the top, the threads are in order from NEWEST DOWN -

https://www.stampboards.com/viewforum.php?f=27

Logical.

Admin
Ubobo.R.O.

Post by Ubobo.R.O. »

Kainnikanada wrote: ↑01 Jun 2023 09:54 In the upper right corner of the masthead is your username. Click on that and then click 'User control panel'. Choose 'Board preferences' then 'Edit display options'. There are all sorts of choices including ascending or descending posts etc.
Thankyou for this post Rod. You have a choice of ascending or descending.
Full time horse non-whisperer, post box searcher and lichen covered granite rock percher. Gee I'm handsome !
You gottem birds, lighthouses, butterflies, shells, maps, flags and heads on stamps ? Me wantem !
admin
Site Administrator
Location: That's on a need to know basis - and YOU do not need to know!

Re: Is there a way to sort these posts by date?

Post by admin »

As pointed out already, for the time wasting pedants, the software DEFAULT is as stated and is used by all members as far as I know. In 15 years I have never heard of anyone wanting 15 year old posts showing FIRST in any forum.

Ubobo IS from Queensland, so anything is possible, I agree. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

I am sure our new member can go and request they are all displayed in SWAHILI or BURMESE .. however clearly he has not fiddled with the user controls after 2 posts and his posts will display like all others here - in newest first.

Thread locked before some resident geniuses confuse him even more. :twisted: :twisted:

Admin

Return to β€œNew to Bulletin Boards? A few useful tips and technical threads. AND add your suggestions too.”