WTB: 2 specific 1979 Fleetwood $5+$10 BIRD FDC's with Barbados Stamps

Others might have what you need -- be specific .. you never know what is out there! But be CERTAIN you have turned "ON" your email access in your account settings, or no-one will be able to contact you. You NEVER know what members of this board have for sale. Do ASK for what you are looking for!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

JonEboy
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

WTB: 2 specific 1979 Fleetwood $5+$10 BIRD FDC's with Barbados Stamps

Post by JonEboy »

As some of you might know, I use my website (see footer) as a resource for anyone collecting Barbados stamps, postal stationery, and postal history and as such, create and maintain galleries of images to help collectors.

My recent focus has been on making sure the FDC galleries are up to date with every cover I can find. There were very few 'official' FDC's produced for Barbados stamps prior to 1976 and it's only since 1979 that every issue from Barbados has had an official cover produced by the Philatelic Bureau.

The first definitive set to benefit from this was the Birds issue of 1979, but there were also several other producers who took an interest in that issue, including Fleetwood Covers of Wyoming, who produced a set of seventeen personalised covers. Here are some images to show you what I mean.
Barbados Birds 1979 Fleetwood FDC's
Barbados Birds 1979 Fleetwood FDC's
Barbados Birds $2.50 Christmas Bird 1979 Fleetwood FDC
Barbados Birds $2.50 Christmas Bird 1979 Fleetwood FDC
Rear of Fleetwood FDC
Rear of Fleetwood FDC
As you can see, they supplied a separate cover for each bird stamp, with the image matching the birds as shown on the stamp in the original set of seventeen (a further four stamps were added later on and did not have covers I think) and I have been fortunate enough to find fifteen of them.

I'm missing just two covers, the $5 Kingfisher and $10 Red Seal Coot which as you might expect, dealers tend to offer separately. The covers aren't that expensive but I cannot find them in the UK, and the US dealers I've found so far are typically signed up to the eBay international postage system which wants $20 to ship to the UK.

I was wondering if the wonderful members here might be able to help me source these two to complete the set?

Thanks in advance,

Jon
Last edited by Global Admin on 25 Jan 2024 19:49, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: E
Barbados, Commonwealth, France & Colonies, GB, Line Engraved, Intaglio & Recess printed stamps
http://www.barbadosstamps.co.uk
JonEboy

Re: WTB: Two specific Fleetwood FDC's with Barbados Stamps

Post by JonEboy »

Quick update - covers acquired! Perhaps I should add this to 'Share anything you have completed'... :D
IMG_5465.jpg
Jon
Barbados, Commonwealth, France & Colonies, GB, Line Engraved, Intaglio & Recess printed stamps
http://www.barbadosstamps.co.uk

Return to “WANTED by members - Stamps or FDC or Accessories or images etc.”