Detectives needed! Please help me ID origin of this GB Machin stamp.

Stampboards has 1000s of regular readers who WILL take the time to help out even with the most basic question. If you are new to stamps - or taking up the hobby after a long break, there is a lot to learn. PLEASE do not be shy in asking the simplest of questions .. members here will be delighted to help you with the answers!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

hellohello123456
Blue Star less than 5 posts NEWBIE!

Detectives needed! Please help me ID origin of this GB Machin stamp.

Post by hellohello123456 »

Stamp image
Stamp image

Hello all,

I hope you are having a good day :)

I'm coming on here in hopes that someone may be able to help, or be able to point me in the right direction.

To cut a very long story short, I've been receiving anonymous hurtful letters in the post, however this time, for the first time, the sender had posted using a royal mail stamp which was barcoded.

I have read online you are able to identify at least where the stamp was purchased from via this barcode, but after visiting my local post office they were unsure (I believe these barcoded stamps were only introduced in 2022?) so assume they may not be up-to-date with it.

I have attached an image of the stamp, and this is the full code I have found online from the barcode:
DATAMATRIX: JGB S12111017031044637170012906032201 13086AB1AC0DBA8901

If anyone can lend any advice, or absolutely anything at all, it would honestly be a huge help. Identifying where the stamp was purchased will massively help me narrow down my pool of suspects.

Thank you so much in advance!
Last edited by Global Admin on 09 Jan 2024 21:15, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Expanded rather vague heading, to make sense to members, moved to correct forum and added attachment inline
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Secret detectives needed! Please help me identify this stamp.

Post by Global Admin »

Is it April 1 come early? :roll: :roll: :roll:

The codes are printed by the printer.

The originating office POSTMARK, that you have dumbly have cut off, in your miniscule thumbnail pix is WHERE it was mailed from, SHERLOCK. Durrrrhhhh.

Admin
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
hellohello123456

Re: Secret detectives needed! Please help me identify this stamp.

Post by hellohello123456 »

Hi! I think your response is rude, uncalled for and completely unnecessary considering the situation.

I will have you know, I know exactly where it was mailed from - I am not dumb as you have so kindly called me.

It has been posted from completely far out from where I & the suspect live to throw me off, hence why I am asking to find out where the stamp was purchased from, which will add to the puzzle.

No need to be so rude, and kindly, go and get a life.

Also, you have knocked my faith in people as I had thought maybe, just maybe there would be some kind person out there on this site willing to help me with this horrible situation going on. Instead, you have made me feel ten times worse, when you were totally wrong in the first place, as I KNOW where the card was posted from, its the stamps purchase origin I'm trying to find, duuuuuuuhhhh. :roll: :roll: :roll:

Thanks!
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Detectives needed! Please help me ID origin of this GB Machin stamp.

Post by Global Admin »

And this is the last we will hear from that highly esteemed member of the British Intelligentsia. :lol:

'hellohello123456' - really?!

What a plonker.

Maybe he can also run DNA tests on the saliva on the flap? Or dust the cover for fingerprints? Or call in Interpol?

Thread locked to save wasting more member time. :idea:

Admin

Return to “NO question is too basic or silly - you ask - we WILL help you with it!”