The Potteries Philatelic Society, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, UK.

Feel free to start a specific forum on *YOUR* club. List out where you meet - and WHEN. Outline how to join, how to contact the club, the name of your journal and post entire contents of each journal if you wish - with photos! All **FREE**. Societies are the backbone of the hobby and we are delighted to support them as much as we can.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

markyb23
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

The Potteries Philatelic Society, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, UK.

Post by markyb23 »

Hello everyone.

I would just like to post some details about the stamp club which I am a member of.

The club is in Stoke-on-Trent and it is called The Potteries Philatelic Society.

We meet on the first Tuesday of every month.

The meetings are between 7pm and 9pm approximately.

The venue for our club meetings is-

The Queensberry Hub,
175 Newcastle Road,
Trent Vale,
Stoke-on-Trent,
ST46PZ.

This venue was formerly The Jubilee Working Men's Club, which many people from the area will probably still know it as.

Our meetings are mostly informal gatherings of our members to discuss matters relating to stamp collecting, to buy sell and exchange stamps between members and to hold auctions.

At this time our membership seems to be in decline, but, anyone is welcome to come along to say hello, talk about stamps, and maybe buy, sell or swap a few stamps.

One interesting fact about our
meeting venue in Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent is that it is located within very close walking distance to the home where Arnold Machin lived for much of the earlier part of his life.

I hope to learn much more about Arnold's life.
I consider him to be a great man, who the people of Stoke-on-Trent and philatelists the world over should be extremely proud to be associated with.

So, if you want to talk stamps, swap your Machin's, or just have a nice pint of Titanic Stout.

Why not pop along and say hello?

All The Best-MarkyB
Last edited by BigSaint on 24 Jan 2024 09:41, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Heading expanded to show location of club
markyb23

Re: The Potteries Philatelic Society, Stoke-On-Trent, Staffordshire, UK.

Post by markyb23 »

Hi everyone.

I'm just posting to remind you all that the next meeting of the Potteries Philatelic Society is on Tuesday 6th February.

Hopefully we will have a few more people attending now that the the weather is a little better in Stoke.

There are no special events scheduled for this meeting so it will be an informal get-together to talk about and trade stamps.

Everybody is welcome to come along.

Roy will probably be in attendance with a good selection of mainly British Commonwealth stamps to sell or swap.

Hopefully a few more members will bring stuff to sell or swap.

I will try and bring a couple of carrier bags of stampy stuff to barter with.

Whilst I'm there I will update all members about the Stampboards forum and hopefully get some of them to drop by and say hello.

'All The Best' All-Markyb😎
markyb23

Post by markyb23 »

Hello again everyone.

This is just a quick post to inform you all that the next meeting of the Potteries Philatelic Society is on Tuesday 5th March at the Jubilee Social Club, Newcastle Road, Trent Vale, Stoke-on-Trent.
The meeting starts at 7.00PM.

This meeting will include the Annual General Meeting.

There will also be a stamp auction which all members are welcome to take part in.

Anyone interested in joining the club can join on the evening and take part in the auction.

The membership fee is £8.00p per year.

Hopefully there will be a very good turn out for the auction with a wide variety of philatelic material available to bid on, usually at very modest starting prices.

See you ALL there!
markyb23

Post by markyb23 »

Just a quick update on last night's monthly meeting including the AGM and auction.

Unfortunately, I turned up a little bit late AGAIN😎.
So apologies to all of the members who turned up on time.

I missed most of the AGM but apparently Kevin is now the new club auctioneer after Pete and Mick decided to take a break from this role.

I managed to buy this little item for £1
20240306_105811.jpg
It appears to be in as new condition.
This is a example of the type of bargains you can find if you visit your local stamp club.

I did suggest to Kevin that he pays a visit to Stampboards as he is a collector of Australian stamps and there is plenty of info and stamps to trade here.

Despite being late I was allowed to put my sale items up for auction at the end.

I managed to sell 14 of the 16 items which I put up for auction and was very pleasantly suprised at how well I did, including in my temporary role as an auctioneer😉.

So, despite one member being very late, again🤫
the evening was a big success.

When a few of us retired to the bar we were even treated to free beef and gravy baps by the lovely landlord and landlady of the Jubilee Club.🤪

Return to “CLUBS - This is YOUR Club space to use however you wish - please add your details!”