New Rules about what you MUST do when posting a thread here

A venue to discuss unusual and interesting items being offered. Report and discuss fakes, forgeries, scammers and con-men. Also fee discussion, and low listing fee promos etc. Discuss feedback. Great items for sale. New policies ..... whatever YOU want!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

PeterS
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Re: New Rules about what you MUST do when posting a thread h

Post by PeterS »

Complicated and it won't let you post a url that can be clicked on...which was the whole issue in the first place, wasn't it?? :wink:
Peter
Hawthorn - AFL Premiers 1961, 1971, 1976, 1978, 1983, 1986, 1988, 1989, 1991, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2015

Brummie
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by Brummie »

Yes Peter, you are correct.

Just copy/paste URL, hightlight and click URL button above and it's done. :idea:

muruk
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by muruk »

I thought we were looking for an alternative to: right click -> activate snip tool.

The posting of URLs was a matter of how to do it without automatically having a link added, so that it could be described/discussed in a post rather than activated.

I think we have some cross-talk going over two separate issues.
A man might as well marry ... if he finds a good wife he will be happy ... if not, he will become a philosopher.
Collecting Greater New Guinea & Macropods (Kangaroos & Wallabies).

Brummie

Post by Brummie »

muruk, mobbor asked about Rule No.4 the URL and that is what I was answering. He said he had mastered the image with & without snipping toll.

I don't know what everyone else was answering. :?

muruk

Post by muruk »

Was responding to this:
kchrist499 wrote:We MAC users (there must be more than just me) don't have a "right click" button.
Can someone enlighten us as to how to post a thread using the (UGH) MAC OSX?

Ken C.
A man might as well marry ... if he finds a good wife he will be happy ... if not, he will become a philosopher.

norvic
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by norvic »

muruk wrote:Was responding to this:
kchrist499 wrote:We MAC users (there must be more than just me) don't have a "right click" button.
Can someone enlighten us as to how to post a thread using the (UGH) MAC OSX?

Ken C.
You seem to have overlooked my explanation of how to achieve a right click on a Mac, which is easy.
norvic wrote: 1. Apple mouse can right click, swipe, double swipe, double-tap and has all sorts of interesting and useful facilities for the iMac.

2. For laptop usage try Ctrl+click (not Cmnd+click). This also works using a mouse on the iMac.
What a pity this system doesn't show whether kchrist499 read those replies. All we can tell is that he didn't come back and say 'thanks'. :!:
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

muruk

Post by muruk »

norvic wrote:You seem to have overlooked my explanation of how to achieve a right click on a Mac, which is easy.
Actually no. I was just offering a further alternative to provide more options.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Re: Rules about what you MUST do when posting a thread here

Post by Global Administrator »

GlenStephens wrote:
If you post a thread, or even add a post to an existing thread re an ebay or oztion of trademe type lot etc, we have several rules you WILL abide by please.

1. You will mention the seller i.e. power4012

2. You will load the photo of whatever is in discussion into your photobucket etc - i.e. not the source auction photo - i.e. as per the one at top of this thread.

3. You will post the actual lot number - i.e. ebay Item number 250395567873

4. You will also post the url link to the lot i.e.

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250395567873

And you will highlight that link with your cursor, and you will select the "URL" box and click that.

You will also when needed REMOVE EVERYTHING past the lot number on the massive links you often get on ebay. i.e.

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/Australia-Post-Stamp-Pack-1971-Christ ... QQcmdZView" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; ItemQQptZAustralian_Stamps ?hash=item250395707923&_trksid= p3911.c0.m14&_trkparms=66%3A2%7C65%3A1%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Which just becomes itemXXXXXXXX and NOTHING after that - i.e.

https://cgi.ebay.com.au/Australia-Post-Stamp-Pack-1971-Christ ... 0395707923

5. You will press the "PREVIEW" button first, before you hit "SUBMIT" to check it all looks fine. (Wise members proud of their posts do that for EVERY post!) You will check there is SPACE between the photo and lines of text above and below -- many members never do this. Likewise the highlighted URL .. add SPACE top and bottom.

White space is our friend on a Bulletin Board, as things look better, and read better, if you use it. Likewise vast gobs of type is NOT attractive. Every sentence or two SHOULD be a new par from all members .. not "War and Peace" with no spaces.

And we DO use capital letters where conventional. And I know ALL members have downloaded and always use the free https://www.iespell.com lifesaver on every post? 8)

6. You will after you press "SUBMIT" click on all links and ensure they work, and ensure photo has loaded .. you have an hour to edit as often as you like, and fix them up if they do not work.

=============

Why?

As after a few weeks images and lots vanish off all these sites.

So we then have 100 threads here with

"Wow - check this out"

That gets 5 or 10 replies and in 3 months no-one has a CLUE what anyone was referring to - the lot, the country, the seller or the image.

This new deal will ensure in a YEAR we can see what was going on. Or FIVE years. :idea:

Often with shonks and forgers etc, having the lot number and seller name is important to record forever.

Thanks for your help. :mrgreen:

ALL new threads and posts are expected to comply.

The info above can be worked into a post as you see fit, but it MUST all be there OK?

Glen

The last couple of Windows have had the "Snipping Tool" as part of the toolbar.

Allows me to take superb captures of ANYTHING in seconds. :mrgreen:

mobbor

Post by mobbor »

Glen

Occasionally I see something on Ebay I'd like to report on.

Time before last PeterS rescued me because it was important to potential buyers.

A couple of days ago I found a super rare reversed watermark on a 1/2d orange KGV5. Apart from the fact that it hasn't previously been found & he was looking at it from the reverse- eventually he got the message.

I've tried to read & understand the rules, but I haven't got it yet.

The librarian did a superb job with photobucket, maybe she can help here.
mobbor

GlenStephens

Post by GlenStephens »

mobbor .. you have been a member for over 6 years and have made over 3600 posts.

WHAT on earth is "hard" to comply with re our very simple requests in post #1 here?

You did none of these bog simple tasks, and ask for "help"?

1. You will mention the seller i.e. power4012

2. You will load the photo of whatever is in discussion into your photobucket etc - i.e. not the source auction photo - i.e. as per the one at top of this thread.

3. You will post the actual lot number - i.e. ebay Item number 250395567873

4. You will also post the url link to the lot i.e.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=250395567873

Glen
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

mobbor

Post by mobbor »

Thanks Glen for your efforts.

1. I've made a hell of a lot more posts than that, but fortunately GUTTERS has grabbed them out of the wiki.

2. I'm none the wiser having checked back: It seems exactly the same as the 1st post. But that's o.k. I'll just stay away from this 'section'.
mobbor

Paulbar
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by Paulbar »

Sorry Glenn I was not aware of all these rules to follow when posting things regarding ebay

And I am not always on Stampboards after I post so sorry I missed your instruction to edit.

Now I realize what is required thanks for the guidance

Paul
PaulBar

Return to “All Online Stamp Auction related discussion and overview”