Giveaway - 1980 National Stamp Week covers

For Mods only to move threads from the "Stamps For Sale" forum after they have sold, or are not eligible to be there in the first instance! READ the "Rules" on top of that forum folks.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

jam78
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Giveaway - 1980 National Stamp Week covers

Post by jam78 »

Hi all, just doing a bit of spring cleaning (it is the first day of spring after all!) and came across a few items that will probably be consigned to a box under the bed (or a bin!), never to see the light of day again. Instead of adding to the landfill, thought they may be of interest to someone.

First I have 11 '80 National Stamp Week covers (1x sheet, 10x strip). All in reasonable condition, thought they might be of interest to someone who might want to distribute them amongst their kids/grandkids/whatever to get them started. Would like to see them go to someone who could genuinely use them rather than see them winding up on eBay with $0.99 each on them... Would rather not separate so will go as one lot (apologies for the dodgy photo, my scanner clapped out)

Secondly I have 3 post office packs, 1984 Australian Paintings specimens. Limit 1 per member, might be of thematic interest to someone. Not available to whoever takes the covers.

I'll cover postage, first in best dressed but please only take them if you really want them instead of taking them simply because they are free.

Philanthropist
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Re: Giveaway - 1980 National Stamp Week covers

Post by Philanthropist »

A very kind offer.
thank you, but I will pass as I have them.

the 1980 covers might interest those who collect exhibition material, postman themes etc.

Also, please note that the Specimen stamps cannot be used for postage, so dont grab for that reason, but they did cost $4 each, partly to raise funds for the exhibitions so it is a generous offer.
Regards

drvvr
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Post by drvvr »

jam78 wrote: First I have 11 '80 National Stamp Week covers (1x sheet, 10x strip). All in reasonable condition, thought they might be of interest to someone who might want to distribute them amongst their kids/grandkids/whatever to get them started. Would like to see them go to someone who could genuinely use them rather than see them winding up on eBay with $0.99 each on them... Would rather not separate so will go as one lot (apologies for the dodgy photo, my scanner clapped out)
I shall take them.... MINE.... :)

Email sent... Do mail me something about what you collect.... I shall keep an eye for them

Thanks a lot for your generous offer....
Started to collect post-Independence India, help me complete the voids http://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=29439
Collecting Canada (just started) and CHESS on stamps.!!!!!!

jam78

Post by jam78 »

You are most welcome :) I'll get them in the mail for you tomorrow, will send you an email when they are on their way.

angelsblessyou

Post by angelsblessyou »

Hi,
Can I have the 1980 National Stamp Week cover please if you have more than one? they are gorgeous.
Thank you
Kind regards
AJ

jam78

Post by jam78 »

angelsblessyou wrote:Hi,
Can I have the 1980 National Stamp Week cover please if you have more than one? they are gorgeous.
Thank you
Kind regards
AJ
Hi AJ, unfortunately drvv got in first with the covers but if I come across another during my clearout I'll keep it aside for you :)

neracoel
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 3 MILLION!

Post by neracoel »

If possible, I would love to love to grab one of the 1984 Australian Paintings specimens.

Let me know via the board if one is still available and I will email my details.

AUSIPEX 84 was the only major exhibition my father got to attend.

Thank you for the kind offer.

jam78

Post by jam78 »

neracoel wrote:If possible, I would love to love to grab one of the 1984 Australian Paintings specimens.

Let me know via the board if one is still available and I will email my details.

AUSIPEX 84 was the only major exhibition my father got to attend.

Thank you for the kind offer.
All yours :)

If you email me your postal address I'll get it on it's way either this afternoon or first thing Monday depending on when I can finish up at work.

angelsblessyou

Post by angelsblessyou »

Thank you so much for your generosity Sir. I am a new collector so currently I am collecting anything that looks beautiful. May be once I have a good collection of a little of every topic, then I will start thematic collection.
I am too inclined towards FDCs because they also have a story to tell apart from the stamps which in itself are woth collecting.
Thanks again for offering such wonderful pieces to the board.
Regards
AJ

jam78

Post by jam78 »

drvv and neracoel, both your items were popped in the post late yesterday afternoon :)

Return to “Sold lots, or threads moved by mods as they did not qualify via the rules”