Share all your 'Art and Paintings' designs on stamps and covers etc

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: snaws, Justin, Volunteer Moderator Team

Eli
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Share your 'Art and Paintings' on stamps and covers etc

Post by Eli »

Just noticed I have a stamp from Monaco of other painting of Rubens shows his daughter Clara Serena as Infanta Isabella. The stamp was engraved by Jean Pheulpin and issued on May 3, 1977 to commemorate the 400th anniversary birth of Rubens:
Monaco 1977 Rubens 1a.jpg
Clara_Serena.jpg
RogerE

Post by RogerE »

I find the Rubens drawing softer, gentler and more appealing than the Pheulpin engraving — partly down to the difference in artistic medium, but mostly due to the sublime artistic skill of Rubens. :D

/RogerE 🦉
Cemilb
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

Post by Cemilb »

RogerE wrote: 24 Sep 2023 04:54 I find the Rubens drawing softer, gentler and more appealing than the Pheulpin engraving — partly down to the difference in artistic medium, but mostly due to the sublime artistic skill of Rubens. :D

/RogerE 🦉
You are right. I think that Pheulpin's engraving changes the drawing too much, in that sense it fails. For example, in Rubens' original, the subject looks to the right (from the viewer's perspective) whereas, in the engraving, sho looks at the viewer.
Cemil Betanov
Editor, The EFO Collector, Member EFOCC, APS, UPSS, PSS, ATA
Eli

Post by Eli »

Roger and Cemil,

I agree with you both in your observations. There are several versions of this painting by Rubens, and in all of them they are softer and the lady looks to the right. But I believe it is not easy to copy a painting to a small metal die and get the same expressions, and I think Pheulpin did here is best in producing such painting to engraved stamp.

Cemil, do you have stamps show Helena Fourment (Helen Forman), the young wife of Rubens?
Cemilb

Post by Cemilb »

Eli wrote: 24 Sep 2023 14:34
Cemil, do you have stamps show Helena Fourment (Helen Forman), the young wife of Rubens?
I think I do, but I will have to look for it in the morning.
Best,
Cemil
Cemil Betanov
Cemilb

Post by Cemilb »

Eli wrote: 24 Sep 2023 14:34 Roger and Cemil,

I agree with you both in your observations. There are several versions of this painting by Rubens, and in all of them they are softer and the lady looks to the right. But I believe it is not easy to copy a painting to a small metal die and get the same expressions, and I think Pheulpin did here is best in producing such painting to engraved stamp.

Hi Eli,

I was able to find two stamps with Helena Fourment.

This first is a Belgian semi-postal from 1939: Helena Fourment and Her Children.
Belgium B244.jpg
The second is from Poland, issues in 1977 for his 400th birth anniversary. The title is "Venus in Fur Coat."
Poland 2211.jpg
Enjoy!

Cemil
Cemil Betanov
Cemilb

Post by Cemilb »

While we are on the subject of Rubens, there are multiple renditions of Bathsheba at the Fountain, all to celebrate Rubens' 400th birth anniversary.
Poland Scott 2210
Poland 2210.jpg
Bulgaria Scott 2496
Bulgaria 2496.jpg
German Democratic Republic Scott 1823
GDR 1823.jpg
Finally, two versions of a Hungarian souvenir sheet, normal and imperf, Hungary Scott 2489
Hungary 2489.jpg
Hungary 2489@01.jpg
Best,
Cemil
Cemil Betanov
Eli

Post by Eli »

Many thanks, Cemil, for both the Helena Fourment and Bathsheba great stamps. Since one of my main thematic collections is about mythologies, I have several stamps show paintings of mythic scenes by Rubens in which Helena Fourment served as a model. Here are examples:

In the painting "The origin of the milky way", Helena Fourment served as a model to paint goddess Hera:
“The Origin of the Milky Way”, Bhutan, 1991. goddess Hera and the infant Heracles.
“The Origin of the Milky Way”, Bhutan, 1991. goddess Hera and the infant Heracles.
In the painting "The three Graces", Helena Fourment served as a model to paint the Grace on the left. The Liberia stamp shows her in close up:
"The three Graces", Upper Volta, 1977
"The three Graces", Upper Volta, 1977
"The three Graces", Detail, Liberia, 1981
"The three Graces", Detail, Liberia, 1981
Will post more stamps with other paintings next time.
Cemilb

Post by Cemilb »

Very nice, Eli. I enjoyed seeing more of Helena Fourment. I will need to read up on her, now I got curious.

I keep my universe of collecting art & paintings on stamps to a limited number of countries, basically European countries and US, until the end of 1990. I made this decision many years ago, as otherwise there is too much. On the other hand, I also am interested postal stationery with painting on the stamps, see examples below, and also things likes FDCs, booklets, proofs, imperfs, as well as errors, freaks and oddities (EFOs).

Here are two examples: The first is a postal card from Germany with a painting by Carl Spitzweg, "The Sunday Walk".
Germany V01.jpg
There is also a matching adhesive:
Germany 1448.jpg
The next is a self-portrait of German painter Hans Baldung Grien, the work is now in the Louvre in Paris. It was issued during the post-WW II occupation of Germany, in the French zone, with the entity name BADEN..
Germany-Baden 5NT01.jpg
Here is a self-portrait of Leonardo da Vinci, issued originally by Italy and overprinted AMG-FTT (Allied Military Government) after the end of WW II. There are five cards with identical stamps, but each with a different Leonardo "invention" at the upper left corner.
AMG-FTT X01 front.jpg

One last example is from Durer, Germany issued a set of five postcards to celebrate his 500th birth anniversary. I am showing one back and front. The back of all the cards are nearly identical (the name of the work in the front differs, of course), whereas the front shows a detail from some Durer work. The stamp depicts Durer's famous signature:
Germany U03 b back.jpg
Card low res.jpg
There are more such postal cards. I should note that I am interested only if the stamp contains a painting or a part thereof. They are issued all by postal administrations.

Your turn!

Best,
Cemil
Cemil Betanov
RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Thank you Cemilb for your latest post.

Germany, 1985: 60p, Carl Spitzweg, The Sunday Walk (1841)

That image reminded me of this well-known 1992 painting:

The Singing Butler (1992)<br />by Jack Vettriano (oil on canvas)
The Singing Butler (1992)
by Jack Vettriano (oil on canvas)
Wikipedia wrote:The Singing Butler is an 1992 oil-on-canvas painting made by Scottish artist Jack Vettriano in 1992. It sold at auction in 2004 for £744,500 which was the record at the time for any Scottish painting, and for any painting ever sold in Scotland. Reproductions of The Singing Butler make it the best-selling art print in the UK.

The focal subject of The Singing Butler is based on an image of actress Orla Brady posing in her own dress which was published in The Illustrator's Figure Reference Manual (1987) as part of a series of photographic figure studies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Singing_Butler

/RogerE 🦉
Eli

Post by Eli »

Many thanks, Cemil, for sharing different items besides stamps! would love to see more.
Cemilb wrote: 26 Sep 2023 16:09 I keep my universe of collecting art & paintings on stamps to a limited number of countries, basically European countries and US, until the end of 1990. I made this decision many years ago, as otherwise there is too much. On the other hand, I also am interested postal stationery with painting on the stamps, see examples below, and also things likes FDCs, booklets, proofs, imperfs, as well as errors, freaks and oddities (EFOs).
I personally don't limit my thematic collections, but my art stamp collection is limited to engraved stamps only. Non-engraved art stamps that I post in SB, are from my other collections, mainly mythology stamp collection.

Nice to enrich your collection with different items. I try to do it too, and from time to time I will insert one or two different items to my posts. Here are two examples: Maxi card from Italy and artist signed sunken die proof from Monaco, both show artworks:
Maxi card: Galatea by Raphael, Italy, 1970
Maxi card: Galatea by Raphael, Italy, 1970
Artist signed sunken die proof: Statue of Aristaeus by Bosio, Monaco, 1948
Artist signed sunken die proof: Statue of Aristaeus by Bosio, Monaco, 1948
Interesting to note that the far left green definitive stamp on the Dürer postcard you posted, shows a detail of Dürer face from the painting shown on the front of the postcard. This painting, the Feast of the Rosary (German: Rosenkranzfest), is exhibited in Prague, hence Czechoslovakia issued in 1971 a stamp shows a detail of it includes Dürer:
Czechoslovakia, 1971, the Feast of the Rosary, by Dürer, engraved by Ladislav Jirka
Czechoslovakia, 1971, the Feast of the Rosary, by Dürer, engraved by Ladislav Jirka
Other detail of the same painting on Czechoslovakian stamp issued in 1968:
Czechoslovakia, 1968, the Feast of the Rosary, by Dürer, engraved by Jiří Antonín Švengsbír
Czechoslovakia, 1968, the Feast of the Rosary, by Dürer, engraved by Jiří Antonín Švengsbír
Roger, many thanks for the information about the Singing Butler :) :)
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 676. - Art.
Stamp of Burundi 1976. Complete mint C.T.O. set of the 1976 Christmas Issue.
Stamp of Burundi 1976. Complete mint C.T.O. set of the 1976 Christmas Issue.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 677. - Art.
Stamp of Burundi 1977. Complete mint C.T.O. set of the 1977 Christmas Issue/Christmas Paintings by named Artists.
Stamp of Burundi 1977. Complete mint C.T.O. set of the 1977 Christmas Issue/Christmas Paintings by named Artists.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 678. - Art.
Stamp of Tchad 1973. The complete mint C.T.O. set of the 1973 Christmas Issue.
Stamp of Tchad 1973. The complete mint C.T.O. set of the 1973 Christmas Issue.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 679. - Art.
Stamp of The Congo Republic 1983. Complete mint C.T.O. set of the 1983 Christmas Issue of Paintings by S. Botticelli.
Stamp of The Congo Republic 1983. Complete mint C.T.O. set of the 1983 Christmas Issue of Paintings by S. Botticelli.
Eli

Post by Eli »

Isabella d'Este (1474 – 1539) was Marchioness of Mantua and one of the leading women of the Italian Renaissance as a major cultural and political figure.

Portrait of Isabella d'Este by Leonardo da Vinci (1499–1500), engraved by Pierre Béquet and issued by France on November 8, 1986:
France 1986 De Vinci.jpg
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No 682. - Art.
Stanp of Dahomey 1970. Complete mint C.T.O. set of the 1970 Christmas Issue- Christmas Miniatures  of The Rheinish School circa 1340.
Stanp of Dahomey 1970. Complete mint C.T.O. set of the 1970 Christmas Issue- Christmas Miniatures of The Rheinish School circa 1340.
Eli

Post by Eli »

Art stamps, designed and engraved by Martin Činovský and issued by Slovakia on December 18, 2002:

Beheading of St James the greatest, by Master Paul of Levoca, a medieval carver and sculptor of the 15th and 16th century, active mostly in then Carpathian-German town of Levoca, Slovakia:
Slovakia 2002 Levoce.jpg
In the Studio, by Koloman Sokol (1902 – 2003):
Slovakia 2002 Sokol.jpg
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 685. - Art.
Stamp of Mali 1975. Complete mint C.T.O. set of the 1975 Christmas Issue. Christmas Religious Paintings.
Stamp of Mali 1975. Complete mint C.T.O. set of the 1975 Christmas Issue. Christmas Religious Paintings.
Cemilb

Post by Cemilb »

RogerE wrote: 27 Sep 2023 00:13 Thank you Cemilb for your latest post.

Germany, 1985: 60p, Carl Spitzweg, The Sunday Walk (1841)

That image reminded me of this well-known 1992 painting:

Wikipedia wrote:The Singing Butler is an 1992 oil-on-canvas painting made by Scottish artist Jack Vettriano in 1992. It sold at auction in 2004 for £744,500 which was the record at the time for any Scottish painting, and for any painting ever sold in Scotland. Reproductions of The Singing Butler make it the best-selling art print in the UK.

The focal subject of The Singing Butler is based on an image of actress Orla Brady posing in her own dress which was published in The Illustrator's Figure Reference Manual (1987) as part of a series of photographic figure studies.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Singing_Butler

/RogerE 🦉
Hi RogerE,

I enjoyed seeing the painting by Jack Vettriano... It got me reading about him. Thanks!

Cemil
Cemil Betanov
Cemilb

Post by Cemilb »

Eli wrote: 27 Sep 2023 04:42 Many thanks, Cemil, for sharing different items besides stamps! would love to see more.
I personally don't limit my thematic collections, but my art stamp collection is limited to engraved stamps only. Non-engraved art stamps that I post in SB, are from my other collections, mainly mythology stamp collection.

Nice to enrich your collection with different items. I try to do it too, and from time to time I will insert one or two different items to my posts. Here are two examples: Maxi card from Italy and artist signed sunken die proof from Monaco, both show artworks:
Interesting to note that the far left green definitive stamp on the Dürer postcard you posted, shows a detail of Dürer face from the painting shown on the front of the postcard. This painting, the Feast of the Rosary (German: Rosenkranzfest), is exhibited in Prague, hence Czechoslovakia issued in 1971 a stamp shows a detail of it includes Dürer:
Other detail of the same painting on Czechoslovakian stamp issued in 1968:
Roger, many thanks for the information about the Singing Butler :) :)
Hi Eli,
Delayed reply as I am doing a little traveling... But at any rate, I think it is a good choice to limit yourself to engraved stamps, I do believe that the best looking stamps tend to be those that are engraved.
The maximum card with Raphael's fresco called The Triumph of Galatea, located at Palazzo della Farnesina, as indicated in your card, also known as Villa Farnesina is of interest. The sunken die proof is also nice, I see it is also autographed by the engraver. I like it!
But you raised the bar with the Durer painting, also known as the "Feast of the Rose Garlands." I once wrote an article on it in the "Durer Journal", the publication of the Durer Study Group (now inactive unfortunately), part of the American Topical Association. To accompany that article, I had created a web essay, which you can find at
https://efocc.org/CB/Resources/DurerGarlands/Page1.php
Durer inserted his own autoportrait into that painting:
Screenshot 2023-09-30 192844.png
By the way, the text on the piece of paper he is holding in his hands is legible.. This is a highly interesting painting as it has been heavily (and crudely) restored over the years - google "Olga Kotkova Durer The Feast of the Rose Garlands What Remains of Durer". If you can't find it, I can email you a PDF.
At any rate, Germany used a free interpretation of that portrait for a definitive stamp:
Germany 827b.jpg
I have to admit that I have some doubts whether this stamp is derived from this or another painting, but I have found no closer match. Perhaps a Durer aficionado can point me in the right direction.
The German definitive stamp was issued on booklet form and also used on a number of postal cards:
Germany Berlin 9N179@06 pane.jpg
Front cover:
Germany Berlin 9N179@02 A Front.jpg
Back cover:
Germany Berlin 9N179@02 B Back.jpg
Inside of the cover:
Germany Berlin 9N179@06 cover inside.jpg
These booklets exist in a number of variations, in particular with different covers, since the covers also contain ads, and these ads varied over time.
Also the postal cards have many variations, with many common but some pricey:
Germany T01.jpg
Germany Berlin 9NT01.jpg
You will note that the type and text varies between the two examples shown above, and also there are of course separate emissions for Germany and Berlin.
There is so much more about this stamp in all its different formats, it can be a fascinating subject. Of course these mostly are outside of your sphere of interest because they are not engraved, but still, I thought, you might have fun seeing them.
One final note, to get back to your interests. On Delcampe or eBay, you might be able to find the following for a reasonable price - a black print:
Czechoslovakia 1555@02.jpg
This was issued for the PRAGA 1968 stamp exhibit. I am not sure whether it was given out to people attending the show or to exhibitors, but I got mine at the time because I exhibited in the youth class. I don't remember what level of medal I got, maybe silver, I was never a successful exhibitor.

Take care,
Cemil
Cemil Betanov
Eli

Post by Eli »

Many thanks, Cemil, for a very interesting post. :) Thanks also for the great and comprehensive descriptions about the "Feast of the Rose Garlands" painting by Dürer accompanied with many stamps and items including the many variations of Germany definitive stamp (I love art stamps in general although I restrict myself to engraved stamps). I would love to get a copy of the PDF if it contains more information written in the web site.

Although there are many Dürer stamps from all over the world, I have few of them, maybe 20-25 different stamps. Let me show four of them, all are beautifully engraved.

Portrait of a Young Venetian Woman, Austria, 1971
Madonna of the Pear, Saar, 1954
Christ before Pilate, Monaco, 1972
Peasant Couple Dancing, Czechoslovakia, 1979
Austria 1971 Art 3.jpg
Saar 1954 Madonna 3.jpg
Monaco 1972 Durer.jpg
Czechoslovakia 1979 Durer.jpg
RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Thanks Eli :D Hooray for Albrecht Dürer!

My favourite among those four is the first, in a series for KunstschätzeArt Treasures.
I think the dark, solid background, is one of its strengths, and of course the woman's portrait and her apparel are beautifully rendered.

Austria, 1971: 3.50s Young Venetian Woman, by Albrecht Dürer (1505)<br />Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna<br />Oil on elm panel, 33x25cm, painted during Dürer's second visit to Italy<br />(Mi 1362, SG 1611, Sc 896, Yv 1191)
Austria, 1971: 3.50s Young Venetian Woman, by Albrecht Dürer (1505)
Kunsthistorisches Museum, Vienna
Oil on elm panel, 33x25cm, painted during Dürer's second visit to Italy
(Mi 1362, SG 1611, Sc 896, Yv 1191)
/RogerE 🦉
Eli

Post by Eli »

Roger, it is my favorite too. This painting appears on several stamps from different countries but I think the Austrian one is far best of them. Toth engraved for Austria many great stamps but this one is among the attractive and beautiful of them.

Philip the Good (1396-1467), Duke of Burgundy, engraved by Henri Decuyper:
Belgium 1959 Royal Library 1.jpg

Charles the Bold (1433-1477), Duke of Burgundy, engraved by Jean de Bast:
Belgium 1959 Royal Library 2.jpg

Maximilian of Austria (1459-1519), Holy Roman emperor, engraved by Charles Leclercqz:
Belgium 1959 Royal Library 3.jpg

Philip the Handsome (1478-1506), Duke of Burgundy, engraved by Jean Boulanger:
Belgium 1959 Royal Library 4.jpg

Charles V (1500-1558), Holy Roman emperor, engraved by Jean de Vos:
Belgium 1959 Royal Library 5.jpg
Belgium 1959 Royal Library a.jpg
RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Also lovely, thanks Eli. Once again, the dark solid background contributes to the success of these images and the contrasting red is what immediately catches our attention. In my mind the Venitian Lady of Dürer is still the winner, but these five Belgian stamps are certainly delightful.

/RogerE 🦉
Eli

Post by Eli »

Roger, thank you very much. I noticed that most of your favorite stamps are engraved stamps. No wonder you love them, as this method of engraving and intaglio printing produced the best looking stamps ever. It's a shame that most countries have stopped issuing engraved stamps and use cheap methods to produce their stamps. A few countries still issue engraved stamps from time to time such as France, Monaco, Belgium and PR China, although this is mostly done by computer programs rather than by hand.

Jean Baptiste of Taxis takes the Oath before Charles V, designed and engraved by Jean de Bast and issued by Belgium on March 15, 1959 to publicize the Stamp Day. Can't find information about the painting nor about the painter:
Belgium 1959 Taxis.jpg
banjopatterson
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Post by banjopatterson »

Thank you for starting this post :)

Here are some artworks that are beautifully screen printed / etched stamps, as well as some painterly artworks from various.

BanjoP
CoteD-Ivore-Republik-Malagasy.png
IMG_1217.png
IMG_1190.png
Aboriginal-Art-Cave-Paintings.png
IMG_1209.png
IMG_1215.png
banjopatterson

Post by banjopatterson »

One of my favourites :)
IMG_1213_MAGYA.png
Budapest 1972 MAGYAR POSTA

BanjoP
banjopatterson

Post by banjopatterson »

Eli wrote: 04 Oct 2023 05:39 Roger, it is my favorite too. This painting appears on several stamps from different countries but I think the Austrian one is far best of them. Toth engraved for Austria many great stamps but this one is among the attractive and beautiful of them.

Some incredible line work in these grand Austrian portraits!

BanjoP
Cemilb

Post by Cemilb »

Eli wrote: 02 Oct 2023 07:54 Many thanks, Cemil, for a very interesting post. :) Thanks also for the great and comprehensive descriptions about the "Feast of the Rose Garlands" painting by Dürer accompanied with many stamps and items including the many variations of Germany definitive stamp (I love art stamps in general although I restrict myself to engraved stamps). I would love to get a copy of the PDF if it contains more information written in the web site.

Although there are many Dürer stamps from all over the world, I have few of them, maybe 20-25 different stamps. Let me show four of them, all are beautifully engraved.

Portrait of a Young Venetian Woman, Austria, 1971
Madonna of the Pear, Saar, 1954
Christ before Pilate, Monaco, 1972
Peasant Couple Dancing, Czechoslovakia, 1979

Hi Eli,
Out for a few days traveling, and tested + for Covid when I was back home.... The stamps you show are also favorites of mine. I am showing here the "ALBERT" variety of "Christ before Pilate." Apparently they had a version that spelled Durer's first name as "Albert" rather "Albrecht" as commonly known. Somebody decided to stop that version from being released, and they prepared a new version with the more common name of "Albrecht." Albrecht is an old version of Albert. At any rate, even though the "Albert" stamp was never issued, some (surprise!!!) ended up in collectors' hands. Here are the two:
Monaco 817@01.jpg
And the "normal"...
Monaco 817.jpg
This is the story as usually told. But there is a problem. The date shown sideways is the printing date, so the "Albert" stamp was printed on 24.6.71. For the other stamp, we only have the year, "70", presumably. This means that the unissued "Albert" stamp was printed after the issued "Albrecht" stamp.
I would dearly love to know whether anybody has an explanation.
Does somebody know how the dates were applied and, exactly, what they mean?
What is the real story?

Best,
Cemil
Cemil Betanov
Cemilb

Post by Cemilb »

Eli wrote: 04 Oct 2023 05:39 ...
Portrait paintings, semi-postal stamps issued by Belgium on July 6, 1959 to raise donations to the Royal Library of Belgium, Brussels;
Eli, are these from particular paintings? Do you know?

Best,
Cemil
Cemil Betanov
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Sharing my Pacific Islands mint stamps etc. - Art.
Stamp of The Cook Islands 1978. Mint Miniature sheet, part of thr 1978 Christmas Issue. Painting of The Virgin &amp; Child by Van Der Weyden.
Stamp of The Cook Islands 1978. Mint Miniature sheet, part of thr 1978 Christmas Issue. Painting of The Virgin & Child by Van Der Weyden.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of The Cook Islanda 1978. Mint miniature sheet, part of the 1978 Christmas Issue. Painting of The Virgin &amp; Child by Criveli.
Stamp of The Cook Islanda 1978. Mint miniature sheet, part of the 1978 Christmas Issue. Painting of The Virgin & Child by Criveli.
Cemilb

Post by Cemilb »

Waffle wrote: 07 Oct 2023 07:17 Sharing my Pacific Islands mint stamps etc. - Art.
I am partial to the Van der Weyden....
Cemil Betanov
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of the Cook Islands 1978.  Mint miniature sheet of a painting by Murillo/Virgin &amp; Child. Part of the 1978 Christmas Issue.
Stamp of the Cook Islands 1978. Mint miniature sheet of a painting by Murillo/Virgin & Child. Part of the 1978 Christmas Issue.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Sharing my Pacific Islands Mint stamps etc. - Art.
Stamp of The Cook Islands 1979. Mint miniature sheet featuring a painting by Gastar De Crayer titled Descent for Easter 1979.
Stamp of The Cook Islands 1979. Mint miniature sheet featuring a painting by Gastar De Crayer titled Descent for Easter 1979.
Cemilb

Post by Cemilb »

Waffle wrote: 08 Oct 2023 06:21 Sharing my Pacific Islands mint stamps etc. - Art.
Following up on Waffle's Murillo (Thanks, Waffle!) , a fave of mine, another Murillo on four FDCs canceled at different locations. The painting is Virgin and Child, created 1660-1680, oil on canvas, 190 x 137 cm, now hangs at the Rijkmuseum in Amsterdam.
Great Britain 523@01.jpg
Great Britain 523@02.jpg
Great Britain 523@03.jpg
Great Britain 523@04.jpg
Best,
Cemil
Cemil Betanov
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Thanks Cemilb,That is one issue I did not get as I ceased buying new stamps when I turned 16 in 1963 and discovered girls and did not start again until Christmas 1972 when my wife, in Canada bought me a new album and a pack of 1000 world stamps. She created a monster!!!
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 705. - Art.
Stamp of Panama 1969. Complete C.T.O. set for the visit of Pope Paul VI to Latin America. Religious paintings of The Virgin And Child.
Stamp of Panama 1969. Complete C.T.O. set for the visit of Pope Paul VI to Latin America. Religious paintings of The Virgin And Child.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 706. - Art.
Stamp of Panama 1969. The rest of the C.T.O. set for the Visit of Pope Paul Vi to Latin America and the 1969 Christmas Issue.
Stamp of Panama 1969. The rest of the C.T.O. set for the Visit of Pope Paul Vi to Latin America and the 1969 Christmas Issue.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 708. - Art.
Stamp of Paraguay 1978. Paintings at The Kunsthistotische Museum, Vienna. Part C.T.O. set of the 1978 Christmas Issue &amp; the 1978 International Year Of The Child.
Stamp of Paraguay 1978. Paintings at The Kunsthistotische Museum, Vienna. Part C.T.O. set of the 1978 Christmas Issue & the 1978 International Year Of The Child.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection N0. 709. - Art.
Stamp of Paraguay 1978. Paintings at the Kunsthistorische Museum, Vienna.The rest of the C.T.O. set for 1978 christmas &amp; the International Year Of The child.
Stamp of Paraguay 1978. Paintings at the Kunsthistorische Museum, Vienna.The rest of the C.T.O. set for 1978 christmas & the International Year Of The child.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

sharing my Pacific Islands mint stamps etc. - Art.
Stamp of The Cook Islands 1979. The 1979 Easter Issue of Religious Paintings.
Stamp of The Cook Islands 1979. The 1979 Easter Issue of Religious Paintings.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No 714. - Art.
Stamp of Paraguay 1982. 500th Anniversary of the birth of Raphael. Part of the C.T.O. 1982 Christmas Issue.
Stamp of Paraguay 1982. 500th Anniversary of the birth of Raphael. Part of the C.T.O. 1982 Christmas Issue.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No 715. - Art.
Stamp of Paraguay 1982. 500th Anniversary of the Birth of Raphael. Rest of the 1982 C.T.O. Christmas Issue.
Stamp of Paraguay 1982. 500th Anniversary of the Birth of Raphael. Rest of the 1982 C.T.O. Christmas Issue.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 716. - Art.
Stamp of Paraguay1968. The complete mint 1968 set of the Christmas Issue of religious paintings.
Stamp of Paraguay1968. The complete mint 1968 set of the Christmas Issue of religious paintings.
RogerE

Post by RogerE »

Hello David = Waffle.

Of your recent Art on Stamps posts, my favourite is the #715 group of three works by Raphael — lovely!
I especially like the peaceful triangular configuration of the top two, but the more dynamic diagonal configuration of the third is also arresting.

Ch 9.jpg
/RogerE 🦉
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 720. - Art.
Stamp of Ras Al Khaima 1968. Complete C.T.O. set of Religious artwork by the great masters for the 1968 Christmas Issue.
Stamp of Ras Al Khaima 1968. Complete C.T.O. set of Religious artwork by the great masters for the 1968 Christmas Issue.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 721. - Art.
Stamp of Ras Al Khaima 1970. Complete C.T.O. strip of Artwork by Andrea Del Sarto for the 1970 Christmas Issue.
Stamp of Ras Al Khaima 1970. Complete C.T.O. strip of Artwork by Andrea Del Sarto for the 1970 Christmas Issue.
Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Diverse Collection No. 722. - Art.
Stamp of Togo 1976. Complete C.T/O. set of European artworks for the 1976 Christmas Issue.
Stamp of Togo 1976. Complete C.T/O. set of European artworks for the 1976 Christmas Issue.

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”