Show, share and discuss the new stamp issues of BELARUS

News items. General trends, new issues, new policies etc. **Whatever** you like. WORLDWIDE. Start a new thread on your question. Please do not discuss ebay in THIS forum as we have a separate and popular Forum for that discussion.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

vicaf60
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Show, share and discuss the new stamp issues of BELARUS

Post by vicaf60 »

There have been several threads here already that present stamps from a definite country. So I've decided - why not Belarus, too? :D

It seems that I'm the only SB member from Belarus here, and I'll try to present newly issued stamps from my country :D

I'm not going to give a long description of what and where is Belarus - those interested can find the information here:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarus

The first stamp of independent Belarus (let's leave apart the period of the Russian Civil War 1918-1921) was issued on March 20, 1992 and presented the Cross of Ephrosinia of Polotsk, highly valued national treasure that disappeared during the WWII.

Some months later the same year 2 stamps to present the historic national symbols (flag and coat of arms) were issued:

In 1995, after A.Lukashenko was elected president, the flag and the coat of arms were changed for the present ones that have more resemblance with the symbols of the Soviet period:

Now, after having shortly introduced my country, I can pass to the 2015 issues.
First some general notes on the issuing policy of the national issuing agency, Belposhta. Stamps in Belarus are normally issued in mini sheets of 4 to 10 stamps.

As far as I can guess it's done for 2 principal reasons: 1) it's easier to completely sell the stamps through post offices if they receive rather small quantities of commemorative stamps (and ALL Belarusian stamps are available through common post offices when they are issued), and 2) special designs in the fields of mini sheets attract collectors and make them buy complete sheets, not single stamps :wink:

Print runs are normally within 15 to 60 thousand stamps.

All newly issued stamps are accompanied by official FDCs.

Beside stamps and souvenir sheets Belposhta annually issues pre-paid postcards and covers with commemorative stamps that are, too, accompanied with special First Day stamps.
Last edited by Brummie on 16 Oct 2017 06:21, edited 4 times in total.
Reason: Added paragraphs and spacing, which makes wordy posts far easier to read on Bulletin Boards!

KevinHedley
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Re: Belarus - New Stamps

Post by KevinHedley »

Well done vicaf60, I look forward to following this thread.

If you need any help in providing images for your country you will find the issues from 2002 to February 2015 on this website - http://www.wnsstamps.post/en.
Here to learn
Here to enjoy

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

So, here come the 1st issue in 2015 - Architectural monuments in the capitals of the countries membering in the Regional Communication Cooperation Organisation.
Date of issue - January 23, print run - 60 thousand, issued in mini sheets of 6 (2x3) stamps.
The stamp presents the Church of Saints Simon and Helena in Minsk (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_Saints_Simon_and_Helena)

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

The next issue was a set of stamps to present Machine Building of Belarus. The 5 stamps present MAZ-6440PA bolster-body truck, MZKT-600100 multipurpose chassis, BelAZ-75710 quarry lorry, Belarus-2422 wheeled tractor, and Amkodor 732 excavator-loader.
The stamps were issued in mini sheets of 2 sets each (2x5, the location of stamps is different in the two columns), the print run is 60,000. 2 types of FDCs are known, the official for the set and unofficial for the sheet.

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

February 19, 2015. Year of Goat souvenir sheet. Print run: 20,000
The stamp is round, embossing was used as a printing technique.

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

March 10, 2015. 70th Anniversary of the Victory in the Great Patriotic War. A stamp and a souvenir sheet of 2 stamps were issued. The stamp was issued in a mini sheet of 8 stamps (3x3) with a decorative label in the right upper corner. The print run was 56,000 for the stamp and 15,000 for the souvenir sheet.
Thу stamp shows a photograph from the Moscow Victory Parade of 1945 (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moscow_Victory_Parade_of_1945).
The stamps in the souvenir sheet present 2 more photos: soldiers of the 3rd Belorussian Front saluting in Berlin and Soviet soldiers in the street in Berlin in May 1945. The design in the field shows the Victory Monument and the dome of the Belarusian Great Patriotic War Museum in Minsk (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belarusian_Great_Patriotic_War_Museum)
FDCs were issued in 2 different sizes, one for the stamp (usual) and one for the souvenir sheet (longer one which is called Eurosize here :) )

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

March 21, 2015. 175th Anniversary of Francišak Bahuševič, one of the initiators of modern Belarusian literature (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francišak_Bahuševič)
The stamp was issued in mini sheets of 6 stamps (2x3), the print run is 48,000.

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

I suppose the last issue to post today not to make you sick and tired of Belarusian stamps :D
On the same day, March 21, 2015 a souvenir sheet was issued to commemorate the service in Belarus of Philaret, the emeritus Metropolitan of Minsk and Slutsk, the Patriarchal Exarch of All Belarus and the leader of the Belarusian Orthodox Church (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philaret_(Vakhromeyev) )
The stamp in the souvenir sheet is oval. The print run: 17,000. Thermal embossing with metal foil was used to print the sheets.
Strange though it may sound, Metropolitan Philaret was awarded the title Hero of Belarus in 2006 :D So he is a servant of the Lord and a Hero down on the earth :lol:
To be continued :D

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

Well, judging from the number of views within 2 days, there's certain interest. So let me continue.
March 26, 2015. XX Belarusian Energy and Ecology Congress. Print run: 54,000, issued in mini sheets of 6 (2x3) stamps.
The congress included a number of specialized exhibitions - 20th "Energy. Ecology. Power saving. Electricity" specialized exhibition, 10th "Water and Air Technologies" specialized exhibition, 11th "ExpoSvet" lighting technical equipment pecialized exhibition, 7th International specialized exhibition "AtomExpo - Belarus 2015".

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

April 1, 2015. Long-Eared Owl. An issue in the annual continued series, "Bird of the Year". Print run: 70,000. Issued in mini sheets of 7 (4x2) stamps with a label in the right lower corner.

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

April 13, 2015. Europa issue. Old Toys. Print run: 72,000 fro stamps and 20,000 for souvenir sheets. Stamps were issued in mini sheets of 8 (4x2) stamps which makes possible to get 2 different combinations of se-tenant pairs. The stamp present old Belarusian self-made toys that were made of cloth and wood.

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

April 16, 2015. 525tha Anniversary of Francisk Skaryna, Belarusian humanist, physician, translator and one of the first book printers in Eastern Europe, laying the groundwork for the development of the Belarusian language. (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Francysk_Skaryna)
The print run of the souvenir sheet is 15,000.

JKA

Post by JKA »

vicaf60,

There are some nice issues between them.

But please tell us the meaning of the N, M, H, P on the different stamps. And I can’t see any number/letters on the Metropolitan Philaret and Year of Goat souvenir sheet.

Thanks for keeping us updated and posting these new issues.

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

May, 13, 2015. Eurasian Economic Union (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eurasian_Economic_Union)
Print run: 56,000, issued in mini sheets of 8 (2x4) stamps.

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

JKA wrote:But please tell us the meaning of the N, M, H, P on the different stamps. And I can’t see any number/letters on the Metropolitan Philaret and Year of Goat souvenir sheet.
Practically all stamps issued in Belarus recently (except for some definitives) bear no denomination in figures, only letter denominations. These are as follows;
A - domestic rate for letters up to 20 gr
B - domestic rate for postcards (a very rare denomination, by the way, I can recall but definitives with it :D )
N - international rate for a postcard sent by ordinary mail
M - international rate for a postcard sent by priority mail (airmail)
H - international rate for letters up to 20 gr sent by ordinary mail
P (earlier - C) - international rate for letters up to 20 gr sent by priority mail
As for the denomination of the souvenir sheets you ask about it is 30 thousand Belarusian rubles (about 2 USD by the current exchange rate). You can see the denomination in the round stamp under the goat (The Year of Goat) and to the right of Metropolitan Philaret (in small figures). :D

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

And now the latest, until now, issue :D
May 29, 2015. Flowers from the Botanical Garden of the National Academy of Science. Print run: 60,000 each stamp in single mini sheets (2x3 with a label in the middle), and 10,000 in the joint mini sheets (2x2) with all stamps of the set printed together.
The stamps present the Elbrus Philadelphus, Vera Horuzhaya syringa (named after a war heroine from Belarus), Paeonia suffruticosa, and Academician Smolsky Rhododendron. All stamps with denomination for international postcard (for postcrossers :D )

Official maxicards were issued, too

JKA

Post by JKA »

Thanks for the info.

Can you also point out how many Belarusian ruble A, B, N, M, H and P are?

And why are the using different stamps for postcards and letters?
vicaf60 wrote:
JKA wrote:But please tell us the meaning of the N, M, H, P on the different stamps. And I can’t see any number/letters on the Metropolitan Philaret and Year of Goat souvenir sheet.
Practically all stamps issued in Belarus recently (except for some definitives) bear no denomination in figures, only letter denominations. These are as follows;
B - domestic rate for postcards (a very rare denomination, by the way, I can recall but definitives with it :D )
P (earlier - C) - international rate for letters up to 20 gr sent by priority mail
As for the denomination of the souvenir sheets you ask about it is 30 thousand Belarusian rubles (about 2 USD by the current exchange rate). You can see the denomination in the round stamp under the goat (The Year of Goat) and to the right of Metropolitan Philaret (in small figures). :D

Stewie1980

Post by Stewie1980 »

What questions me is why they only issued stamps for international mail so far this year.

And those 20,000 and 30,000 Ruble stamps, are those values postage rates too?

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

JKA wrote:Can you also point out how many Belarusian ruble A, B, N, M, H and P are?
And why are the using different stamps for postcards and letters?
The current rates are:
A=B = 3,600 BYR (they were different in the previous rate, so no we can expect that B rate will disappear)
N = 7,800 BYR
M = 9,600 BYR
H = 10,500 BYR
P = 12,000 BYR
Different rates for postcards and letters have always been used here, since the pre-Soviet times.
Stewie1980 wrote:What questions me is why they only issued stamps for international mail so far this year.And those 20,000 and 30,000 Ruble stamps, are those values postage rates too?
As for prevailing international rates in the Belposhta issuing policy it's rather understandable though hits strongly collectors' wallets :D - letters within the country are normally sent here in prepaid covers (I attach a pair of these for you to have an idea what are they like here). So there's no need in great amounts of A rate stamps, and the existing demand is satisfied with definitive stamps. Rates above 20 gr are paid with the definitives, too.
The answer to the second question is: 30,000 BYR is out of any rate. You may use it to send a registered letter (50 to 100 gr) by priority mail (international registered letters now may be only sent by priority mail :( ) if you add one A rate stamp - the overpayment will be 300 BYR which is a mere trifle :D

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

The promised prepaid covers :D

kidstamper2014
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast
AQUA Star Stampboards Enthusiast

Post by kidstamper2014 »

They do look real nice :D , lately, the USA has made some pretty outstanding designs.
!

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

June 20, 2015. 1000th anniversary of the death of Vladimir Sviatoslavich the Great, the Grand Prince of Kiev. The print run of the souvenir sheet is 17,000, the face value is 30,000 BYR.
Hot stamping and thermal embossing on golden metal foil is used as a printing technique.
Grand Prince Vladimir is considered to be the Christianizer of the Kievan Rus, the alleged state in the place of modern Ukraine, Belarus and European Russia.

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

August 4, 2015. The city coat of arms. Shchuchyn. The print run is 54,000 stamps issued in mini sheets of 9 (3x3) stamps. The face value is N (non-priority international postcard).
It's a stamp in the ongoing set that presents coats of arms of Belarusian towns. The set was started in 2001.
The first day cancellation was held in Shchuchyn, and I don't have a real picture of it, unfortunately. I hope to show it later.
Shchuchyn was first mentioned in 1436, for more details please see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shchuchyn

norvic

Post by norvic »

vicaf60 wrote:Practically all stamps issued in Belarus recently (except for some definitives) bear no denomination in figures, only letter denominations. These are as follows;
So why are they using western letters instead of Cyrillic? I was sure that the 1996 definitive overprints, and the postal stationery with B on was in fact V. Russia and Ukraine used normal Cyrillic 'denominations' for their stamps.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - Not looking at all threads. If you need an answer please quote my post or use board email. What I post is available, unless otherwise stated or copied from elsewhere, as I reduce a roomful of 'stuff'. GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site

Princestamps

Post by Princestamps »

This is a great thread about stamps from a little known country. I have to say it is very well presented and Belarus is a country that issues totally relevant stamps to its people and culture.

Shame many other postal authorities can not follow its lead. And I have learnt my 50 Kapeek and 1 Ruble notes are probably worth nothing :lol:

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

Princestamps wrote: And I have learnt my 50 Kapeek and 1 Ruble notes are probably worth nothing :lol:
Do you mean Belarusian banknotes? These have been out of circulation for a long time already, so they have their own collecting value now. The last banknote to withdraw from the circulation is 50 Rubles which happened this summer :)
Its value now does not coincide with its denomination if you need a mint note :)

passport_collect
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!
BLUE Shooting Star Posting GURU!!

Post by passport_collect »

Why are there so few stamps celebrating the president, Alexander Lukashenko?
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/jul/03/belarus-mythbus ... ctatorship
100,000 fixed price commercially used postcards, covers & stamps: http://www.delcampe.net/stores/edwardx

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

Because they write too much in the West about the last dictator in Europe :lol:
By the way, I thought it's a philatelist forum, not a political one :wink:

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

August 11, 2015. 70th Anniversary of the UNO Founding. The face value of the stamps is H (international non-priority letter under 20 gr). The print run is 60,000. The stamp is issued in mini sheets of 6 (2x3) stamps. The first day cancellation was held in Minsk, at the Main Post Office.
Due to the political games of the time, Belarus became one of the UN grounding members, though it was not really a state at that time.

norvic

Post by norvic »

Bumping this as I haven't had a reply.
norvic wrote:
vicaf60 wrote:Practically all stamps issued in Belarus recently (except for some definitives) bear no denomination in figures, only letter denominations. These are as follows;
So why are they using western letters instead of Cyrillic? I was sure that the 1996 definitive overprints, and the postal stationery with B on was in fact V. Russia and Ukraine used normal Cyrillic 'denominations' for their stamps.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics - Not looking at all threads. If you need an answer please quote my post or use board email. What I post is available, unless otherwise stated or copied from elsewhere, as I reduce a roomful of 'stuff'. GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site

drh
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by drh »

I love this thread, many of us in Britain greatly admire Belarus and its independence from the EU-IMF cabale. Lukashenko is a wonderful president!

I would love to exchange a normal simple definitive cover with you!

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

Easily and readily :lol: Just email me your postal address, and we'll discuss the details :D
As to norvic's question, I don't know the answer, frankly speaking, at least, any rational explanation. Possibly, it was first made to differentiate the rate indication from the rest of the text on the stamps, and then it was continued due to tradition, without ever thinking about it :D
Last edited by vicaf60 on 25 Aug 2015 04:24, edited 1 time in total.

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

Meanwhile, the FDC for the stamps with Shchuchyn coat of arms. The cover presents the St. Michael the Archangel's Church (Russian orthodox church) in Shchuchyn that was built in 1865б and the postmark shows the Town Clock Tower that is the symbol of Shchuchyn.

norvic

Post by norvic »

drh wrote:I love this thread, many of us in Britain greatly admire Belarus and its independence from the EU-IMF cabale. Lukashenko is a wonderful president!
I very much doubt if 'many' people in Britain know who Lukashenko is, or that he has been dictator president for so long. (Come to that, many people in Britain won't even know where Belarus is!) So to say that 'many of us in Britain greatly admire Belarus' is undoubtedly an overstatement, while 'us' remains unqualified.

But, as the OP wrote earlier:
By the way, I thought it's a philatelist forum, not a political one

drh

Post by drh »

Maybe you don't know 'many' people....

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

Hi, guys,
we may have different political preferences, and we for sure have different views on what is the situation here in Belarus. Yet, it's not to reason to argue, at least not in this thread :wink: There's a different place for it, though, I don't think many will participate.

MargoZ

Post by MargoZ »

Great thread vicaf60..... thank you for bringing the Belarus issues to everyone's attention with such excellent scans and information.
Please click link below to "Like" stampboards on FACEBOOK -
https://www.facebook.com/stampboards/

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

August 26, 2015. Insects in Belarus. Ladybirds. A set of 4 stamps issued in mini sheets of 9 (3x3) stamps each and a joint mini sheet of 4 (2x2) different designs. The print run is 72,000 for stamps in separate mini sheets and 15,000 for joint mini sheets.
A 7-spotted Ladybird
N 20-spotted Ladybird
M 22-spotted Ladybird
H 14-spotted Ladybird
2 FDCs (1 design) were prepared for the set, one for the joint mini sheet and the other for the set of single stamps.

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

September 1, 2015. Spotted Souslik (Spermophilus suslicus). An annual WWF set of 4 stamps issued in mini sheets of 8 (4x2) stamps each, and a joint set of 4 (4x1) different stamps that make a single picture. The print run is 96,000 each stamp, and 20,000 joint mini sheets. 2 FDCs were prepared, one on a special first day cover, and one on a bigger cover with a thematic design.

Image Image

Image Image

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

Before sending the Spotted Souslik MS to Canada Stamper Jr, I use the chance to post a better scan of the joint mini sheet :D

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

Before I proceed with the new issue, I would like to post better scans of the Ladybirds and Souslik mini sheets. Perhaps, somebody will need them :D
So here are Ladybirds:

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

Then sousliks go :D

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

And finally the new issue, a stamp from the ongoing set "Theatres of Belarus"
September 14, 2015. Yanka Kupala National Drama Theatre in Minsk. The stamp is issued in mini sheets of 6 (3x2) stamps, with special design in the sheet fields that presents scene from different plays staged in the theatre. The print run is 60,000. The face value is M (the rate for a priority international postcard).
A technigue of thermal stamping with golden colour foil was used in printing the sheets.
Some more information on the thetre can be found here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yanka_Kupala_National_Academic_Theatre though it's extremely concise in English. The date for the issue was not incidental as the theatre was opened on September 14 in 1920.
And now come the scans :D

Last edited by vicaf60 on 17 Sep 2015 06:11, edited 1 time in total.

Maxime Citerne

Post by Maxime Citerne »

Nice thread!

I remember fondly my visits in Minsk and in the Belarus countryside a few years ago. Nice and very "rooted" people, excellent soups (and vodka...), the center of Minsk is beautiful. Among other things, I could benefit from a private visit to the Great Patriotic War Museum (a relative of mine introduced me to an official there) - very impressive.

In Minsk´s suburbs I got - with a couple of Belarussian relatives - my very first barbecue in the open air at ... -25°C :shock: And yes, you can definitely start an open fire at that temperature, in the wind and snow; the secret: warm yourself with Vodka :lol:

I might go back in Minsk next year. Maybe would be nice to catch with you for a talk on stamps, if you like the idea. I´ll pay for the coffee :)

Sorry for the small highjack, but fond memories came back while looking at the stamps...

Maxime

Member of the Rossica Society, the British Society of Russian Philately (BSRP)

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

Maxime Citerne wrote:I might go back in Minsk next year. Maybe would be nice to catch with you for a talk on stamps, if you like the idea. I´ll pay for the coffee :)
Maxime
Will be waiting :D And I'll buy vodka :D Just tell which one you like - we have so many brands and manufacturers :wink:

Maxime Citerne

Post by Maxime Citerne »

Very nice :D If you ever come to Germany, then I´ll buy the beer 8)

I keep this thread in mind and I will contact you via email or PM whenever I go back to Minsk. Спасибо большое!!!! До встречи в город-герое Минске. (see you in the City of Heroes, Minsk)

Maxime

Member of the Rossica Society, the British Society of Russian Philately (BSRP)

norvic

Post by norvic »

vicaf60 wrote:As to norvic's question, I don't know the answer, frankly speaking, at least, any rational explanation. Possibly, it was first made to differentiate the rate indication from the rest of the text on the stamps, and then it was continued due to tradition, without ever thinking about it :D
I notice that Ukraine is also using the western alphabet for denomination now - I don't know whether this is the first, but it is the most recent!

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

[quote="norvic"]I don't know whether this is the first, but it is the most recent!

Definitely, it is not. I'm not sure if it was the first time (I was lazy to check it) but it seems the first denominations in Latin letters were used in the 2007 definitive set - denominations R and N for sure and P possibly. Later on all personalized stamps were issued with V denomination (starting from 2008 if I'm not mistaken). G denomination was issued in 20012 or 2013.
Besides, the Ukrainian postal rates (I'm not sure whether all or just a part of them) are linked to the US dollar officially which is not the case in Belarus.

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

While posting new Belarusian stamp, I missed one issue. So here it is:
September 11, 2015. Brest Academic Drama Theatre. The stamp is issued in mini sheets of 6 (2x3) stamps, the face value is A (inland letter up to 20 gr). The print run is 60,000.
The stamp presents a scene from Yanka Kupala's play, Prymaks (men who live in their families after marriage).
See here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yanka_Kupala about Yanka Kupala.

Jean (Canadastamper) started the thread on defence elements on stamps, so I ought to note that all Belarusian stamps issued in the recent years have some defence elements. Normally it's some design visible in the UV light. Here is the defence for this issue - theatre masks and an element of the Belarusian national embroidery pattern:

vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

September 29, 2015. Artists of Paris School from Belarus. A set of 4 stamps with works of worldwide famous artists born in Belarus.
The stamps are issued in mini sheets of 5 stamps with a corner label (3x2 or 2x3) and a joint mini sheet of all 4 stamps. The print run is 50,000 for stamps in single sheets and 20,000 joint mini sheets (70,000 each stamp in total). The face values are N (2 stamps, international postcard rate) and M (2 stamps, international priority postcard rate).
The stamps present the works by:
- Ossip Zadkine (born in Vitsebsk) (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ossip_Zadkine), "The Lake" (1925), and "American landscape" (1944) in the corner label
- Chaïm Soutine (born in Smilovichy, Minsk region at present (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chaim_Soutine), "Eva" (1928), and "Large Poplars in Chartres near Viaducts" (about 1944)
- Marc Chagall (born in Liozna, near Vitsebsk (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marc_Chagall)), 'The Lovers" (1981), and "The Green landscape" (1948-1950), and
- Ossip Lubitch (born in Hrodna (https://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ossip_Lubitch - no English, only French, Russian or Belarusian :( ), "Landscape with a Red Roof"б and "The Seine in Paris" (about 1925).
Belarus (at that time the Great Dutchy of Lithuania) has always been a place that welcomed refugees from the rest od Europe for political or, mostly, religious reasons in the late mideval Europe, so may Jews settled here. In the XX century some young artist from Belarusian land in the Russian Empire (or from the Soviet Russia after 1917) moved to Paris, France, where they become world famous artists.

Return to “Discuss stamps - and *anything* at ALL happening with stamps”