"Meter Stamps from Kyiv" stamp catalogue by Andriy Bilous

There are some superb and incredibly useful reference books, and catalogues out there. And tools to measure perforations or paper thickness or LED magnifiers etc Please add your new discoveries - and recommendations to this forum. As in all forums, you can post photos of your favourites and recommendations.

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

vicaf60
5000 Great Posts - WHAT a Milestone!

"Meter Stamps from Kyiv" stamp catalogue by Andriy Bilous

Post by vicaf60 »

Andriy Bilous, a Ukrainian collector, published another reference book of his - "Meter Stamps from Kyiv".

The book contains 366 pages where the author has summarized all known types of meter stamps used in Kyiv during the period that covers years between Ukraine's gaining independence and the present day. The text in the book is in Ukrainian and English languages.
The meter stamps are divided into types and subtypes depending on the period of their use and component elements, each (sub)type is illustrated by pictures from the author's collection and by pictures provided by partner collectors.
Here's a sample page of the contents:

However, the author admits that not all denominations used have been catalogued in his book, the main reason being the absence of material (postally used covers) with high face value meter stamps that were normally sent abroad.

Some part of these might have ended in foreign collections, and Andriy Bilous hopes that some of those collector (I know several here in the Forums who are interested in the subject) will share scans of their covers with meter stamps from Kyiv, to further extend his catalogue.

To give you a better idea of what is meant, here are two sample pages from the Index of Meter Stamps contained in the book:

To contact Andriy, you can address to me via the Stampboards mailing system, or email directly to him to: iconstamps ( at )i.ua
pacneil
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Re: Kyiv Meter Stamp Catalogue by Andriy Bilous

Post by pacneil »

I would like to acquire this catalog. Do I need to contact him directly, or is there a place online that I can purchase it?
vicaf60

Post by vicaf60 »

It's been about 5 years since I posted the above information, and I have no contact with Andriy, all the recent deevelopments taken account.

Try to contact him via the email at the end of my initial post.
Allanswood
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by Allanswood »

Greg - Looking for Goulburn Australia Cancels and Grangemouth Scotland Cancels and Covers
Member of the S.T.A.M.P Club for Slightly Twisted And Mad Philatelists - Motto: "Bring back the lick!"
faro
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by faro »

Good seller and keeps their stock list regularly updated, so that should be available: have purchased from them on a semi-regular basis.

@pacneil. They shouldn't have any issues selling direct although postage to the USA may be a little on the high side. If so, I'll happily add this to an order of my own and forward it across for about half the postage & packing charge quoted (max. 60% of Royal Mail rate with no additions).
La Rosa
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Re: "Meter Stamps from Kyiv" stamp catalogue by Andriy Bilous

Post by La Rosa »

* Could be so usueful rigth now.

Return to “Knowledge really is POWER in this hobby! Catalogues, journals and reference books.”