WANTED 1897 Western Australia (WA) 6d Lake Lefroy Goldfield local stamp

Others might have what you need -- be specific .. you never know what is out there! But be CERTAIN you have turned "ON" your email access in your account settings, or no-one will be able to contact you. You NEVER know what members of this board have for sale. Do ASK for what you are looking for!

Moderator: Volunteer Moderator Team

dukeprince
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Re: WANTED 1897 W.Australia 6d Lake Lefroy Goldfield local s

Post by dukeprince »

Allanswood wrote:Well done if you did secure "a lifetime goal". :mrgreen: And under 2k after all the fluff and fluster that has been posted.

I didn't. What I was after was at the back of a book amongst lots of other stuff (so I thought "go for it and sell the rest off later"), and even though I near doubled the estimate, still got blown out of the water and will have to keep waiting. I though my bid was high enough.

How often do you come across a complete strip of the 20 positions of Aussie KGV Die II. Pricey enough in Green, impossible for me in Red... ah well. :cry:
Thanks, Allanswood, you have offered support to me many times over a long period , much apreciated , I am sorry you missed out on your lots.

When I watched the podcast my bid was recognised as winning so all looks good at this time , just sweat time on registered post, would you recommend A4 size envelope as less likely to end up in Australia Posts lost forever room.
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

dukeprince wrote:
One wonders why that resource was not mentioned on their website?
Maybe they foolishly assume that most folks can read and understand English? :roll:
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
dukeprince

Post by dukeprince »

Global Administrator wrote:
dukeprince wrote:
One wonders why that resource was not mentioned on their website?
Maybe they foolishly assume that most folks can read and understand English? :roll:
I only saw that several hours ago , I am pretty sure it was only up today, possibly at Auction start perhaps, anyhow my mood cannot be depressed at this time even if others think I am deficient in many respects.

Success in many things in my life keep my self esteem intact , others can say or think whatever they so desire.
bluecourier
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member
Well on the way to 25 post Senior Member

Post by bluecourier »

Dukeprince: Including auction house commission and extras, still well under $2000. The tears are unfortunate, but I do like the MS cancel. I own four Lake Lefroys, most with minor faults, and I paid rather more than $2000 for each. So, a fair buy for you I think.
JT
dukeprince

Post by dukeprince »

bluecourier wrote:Dukeprince: Including auction house commission and extras, still well under $2000. The tears are unfortunate, but I do like the MS cancel. I own four Lake Lefroys, most with minor faults, and I paid rather more than $2000 for each. So, a fair buy for you I think.
Thanks, Bluecourier, yes I am happy with that purchase, it would not suit everyone condition wise, but facial appearance is acceptable to me and it fills that last gap in my local WA collection.

At the end of the day filling spaces with lesser Stamps means completeness and many of those fillers have been later replaced with better and often a small profit ensues as well , some forget damaged Stamps rise at a very similar percentage as good ones.

March to the beat of your own drum and disregard or discount what others do or say , its your collection not theirs , seeking perfection requires bigger pockets than I possess.

I started this hobby as a Stamp Collector over 60 years ago and I still consider myself not to have risen past that but I own some very elusive Stamps nevertheless, enjoy this great hobby its available to all.
mobbor
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by mobbor »

Congratulations!!!
mobbor
dukeprince

Post by dukeprince »

mobbor wrote:Congratulations!!!
Thanks for your support mobber , its appreciated.
Rod Perry
Sadly departed RIP. Greatly missed here
Sadly departed RIP.  Greatly missed here

Post by Rod Perry »

dukeprince wrote:
bluecourier wrote:Dukeprince: Including auction house commission and extras, still well under $2000. The tears are unfortunate, but I do like the MS cancel. I own four Lake Lefroys, most with minor faults, and I paid rather more than $2000 for each. So, a fair buy for you I think.
Thanks, Bluecourier, yes I am happy with that purchase, it would not suit everyone condition wise, but facial appearance is acceptable to me and it fills that last gap in my local WA collection.

At the end of the day filling spaces with lesser Stamps means completeness and many of those fillers have been later replaced with better and often a small profit ensues as well , some forget damaged Stamps rise at a very similar percentage as good ones.

March to the beat of your own drum and disregard or discount what others do or say , its your collection not theirs , seeking perfection requires bigger pockets than I possess.

I started this hobby as a Stamp Collector over 60 years ago and I still consider myself not to have risen past that but I own some very elusive Stamps nevertheless, enjoy this great hobby its available to all.
My consideration, as a Trader, is that you've bought a value-for-money example of this item.

The visual impact of the tear at upper right could be considerably diminished by those versed in such art.

Cost might be in US$200/300 range?

Whilst such manipulation might deliver a close to visually perfect specimen, some would rate that action as the philatelic equivalent of cosmetic surgery?

What would I do? Probably enjoy as is.

I believe many of us will share that moment of anticipation, as you prise open that Abacus package in coming days!

Congratulations!

Rod
Preserve DNA - retain covers intact. Scientists may be grateful!
Commercial covers represent “Stamps in Action”: Philately’s last Great Frontier
dukeprince

Post by dukeprince »

Thanks Rod your advice over several years has been great, I know you get it , that package will be sweated on till Australia post make it happen and a slight tremble of hand as I open it will be part of the experience , enjoy the hobby and again thanks.
dukeprince

Post by dukeprince »

Arrived today , very happy and its in its spot till I kick the bucket or very close .

After lunch it was over 20 degrees and sunny and a Bike ride complete with loud muffler was awaiting, lifes good today.
pmc

Post by pmc »

Thrilled to hear it arrived safe and sound. I've been watching quietly from the sidelines throughout, but rooting for you the whole way. And anyone who enjoys a bike ride with loud mufflers is alright in my book 8)
dukeprince

Post by dukeprince »

pmc wrote:Thrilled to hear it arrived safe and sound. I've been watching quietly from the sidelines throughout, but rooting for you the whole way. And anyone who enjoys a bike ride with loud mufflers is alright in my book 8)
Thanks Peter , sometimes when you wait for something in collecting when it finally happens its a great feeling

That others can share in that and be encouraged on their own pursuits is also a great feeling , the hunt is part of the fun , ignore the naysayers, its your hobby go for it.
MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

A nice example of this stamp appearing in the forthcoming Philatelics Australia auction:

Philatelics Australia, auction #147, 20 March 2020
Lot 25
Starting Price: $2,600 Estimate: $3,500
https://www.philatelics.com.au/my_catalogue.php?sort=AUSTRALIAN+STATES&aid=147

1897 6d Red on Pale Green Lake Lefroy Goldfield local cycle mail stamp used with H & M manuscript cancellation, being the initials of the proprietors Hillier and Maskell. 36 used stamps are recorded by Reynolds and Pope, this is an additional new discovery making it one of around 40 known used copies. Tiny 2½mm repaired tear at lower left and tiny crease at upper left, but very fresh, with strong colour and good centering. The best frontal appearance of any of the previously documented copies and one of the finest known examples.
faro

Post by faro »

MJ's pet wrote:Tiny 2½mm repaired tear at lower left and tiny crease at upper left, but very fresh, with strong colour and good centering. The best frontal appearance of any of the previously documented copies and one of the finest known examples.
That's a pretty copy but "tiny" seems generous, "best frontal appearance" and "one of the finest" doesn't compare well to a number of others posted on this thread and no mention at all of the perf faults.

Plus no scan of the back to reassure that the whole lower left corner hasn't been "rebuilt"?
MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

faro you can ask them for a scan of the back if you like.

The description quoted is straight from the auction catalogue.

"One of the finest known examples" seems a fair descriptor to me - many of the used examples have missing perfs, straight edges, rounded corners or even completely missing corners.

A "rebuilt" lower-left corner seems an exaggeration.
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

MJ's pet wrote: The best frontal appearance of any of the previously documented copies
What nonsnese.
MJ's pet wrote:

Corinphila Besançon Collection (part 2) May-June 2018 Lot 3579
Start CHF 350 Hammer CHF 4,000 + 20% = AUD $6,430
*currency conversion as at date of auction, 2 June 2018
Lake Lefroy Goldfield Bicycle Service 1897 (April): Lithographed at the 'Coolgardie Miner & Pioneer' Printing Office, Lake Lefroy Goldfield 6 d. rose red on yellowish buff paper with green reverse, perf. 12, a fine unused example. A rare Local issue in much above average quality.

Note: The service ran from Lake Lefroy to Coolgardie, a distance of 45 miles, Kalgoorlie and other local Goldfield camps. It was finally closed down in June 1897 when the Government mailcoach service commenced to Red Hill. The stamps were printed by the photo-zinc process in sheetlets of four stamps arranged vertically tête-bêche.
Click HERE to see superb RARE & unusual stamps - FIXED low nett prices, high rez pix + NO 20% buyer fees!
Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

My reading is that they are talking about used examples.
Greg - Looking for Goulburn Australia Cancels and Grangemouth Scotland Cancels and Covers
Member of the S.T.A.M.P Club for Slightly Twisted And Mad Philatelists - Motto: "Bring back the lick!"
faro

Post by faro »

MJ's pet wrote:A "rebuilt" lower-left corner seems an exaggeration.
Never said it was, but there are sufficient apparent surface inconsistencies in that area to necessitate a good high-res scan of the back "to reassure that" it's genuinely a single clean tear rather a heavier area of damage which has been pressed out.
(If so, this might be consistent with the apparent pressing towards the top of the stamp to improve appearances).

Why an auction selling an item worth thousands should expect potential buyers to make a special request for a scan of the reverse when space on the internet is effectively free is always a mystery to me. :)

I, for one, don't like bidding on an item that I want and have had to go out of my way to discover has additional faults when other bidders who haven't had that information released to them simply take the auction house's word as written.
Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

Greg - Looking for Goulburn Australia Cancels and Grangemouth Scotland Cancels and Covers
Member of the S.T.A.M.P Club for Slightly Twisted And Mad Philatelists - Motto: "Bring back the lick!"
faro

Post by faro »

Allanswood wrote:<pics above>
The top-left corner in the first image has that wrinkling which is often indicative of heavy pressing.
It's a different marketplace, but selling stated-high grade banknotes without noting pressing carried out to reduce the appearance of faults is somewhat frowned upon.

It is still a decent looking stamp but there are other areas, per the photo below, with that same appearance.

To sell using glowing terms with only a few "tiny" faults while glossing over apparent pressed creases, etc., and choosing not to provide a scan of the reverse seems rather generous; "puffing up" a sale and not conducive to "level playing field" bidding.
Just my 02c only, anyhow. :)

GlenStephens
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 4 MILLION!

Post by GlenStephens »

The chewed perfs top right are not ideal either!

''The best frontal appearance of any of the previously documented copies''

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

faro wrote:
Never said it was
The word "rebuilt" was used by *YOU*, and no one else:
faro wrote:Plus no scan of the back to reassure that the whole lower left corner hasn't been "rebuilt"?

A complete fabrication on your part.

If you were a potential bidder - which obviously you are not and never were - you would do want any normal person would do and request a scan of the back. Simple and not hard to do. :idea:
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

The auctioneer clearly says -

Tiny 2½mm repaired tear at lower left

That is all it appears to be to me. Probably has a piece of hinge over it now.

The stamp has defects, which are disclosed. Price paid will be in accordance with those faults - same as a defective Roo, or 1d Black etc.

Anyone dreaming about pressed out creases along top is just that - dreaming I'd say. There is a bent over perf along top. As there are down the left side.
faro

Post by faro »

MJ's pet wrote:
faro wrote:
Never said it was
The word "rebuilt" was used by *YOU*, and no one else:
faro wrote:Plus no scan of the back to reassure that the whole lower left corner hasn't been "rebuilt"?

A complete fabrication on your part.

If you were a potential bidder - which obviously you are not and never were - you would do want any normal person would do and request a scan of the back. Simple and not hard to do. :idea:
You do understand the meaning of "to reassure that"?

It should've been in the interest of the auction house to provide a scan of the reverse by default, but if they don't wish to do so that's their call and people can bid accordingly.
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

faro wrote:
It should've been in the interest of the auction house to provide a scan of the reverse by default, but if they don't wish to do so that's their call and people can bid accordingly.
Can you enlighten us please, and advise here a listing of all major stamp auction houses globally that offer scans of REVERSES of stamps?

I've never done it in 40 years, life is too short to take FACIAL images, and cannot recall any major auction doing it routinely.

If I say a stamp has a 2mm closed tear lower left it has a 2mm closed tear. That works for most savvy buyers.

But you must move in different circles to the rest of us. Lets see your long list of all those successful Auctions I have somehow never seen.

As you clearly were advised, emailing the sale house will doubtless get your image - and again as was stated here, you doubtless have zero interest in buying this stamp, no matter what the reverse looks like.

What your agenda is, other than wasting the time of all others here, only YOU know.
dukeprince

Post by dukeprince »

Anyone know the outcome of the auction?
Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

Don't know the price but do know that it sold.

(I forgot all about this auction and missed some items I was after) :cry:
Blasted virus.
Fleurieu55
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by Fleurieu55 »

Lot 25 in Philatelics Australia auction on Friday night sold for $3250 plus buyers premium of 15% for a total of $3737.

Looks like only 1 bid received.

regards
dukeprince

Post by dukeprince »

Fleurieu55 wrote:Lot 25 in Philatelics Australia auction on Friday night sold for $3250 plus buyers premium of 15% for a total of $3737.

regards

Many thanks, I am even happier with mine now, these seem to be well sought after and they are scarce. It took me a while to achieve one at what I could afford.

Some damage does not stop them , at the end of the day scarcity is the driver.
MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

Fleurieu55 wrote:Lot 25 in Philatelics Australia auction on Friday night sold for $3250 plus buyers premium of 15% for a total of $3737.

Wrong. The reserve price was $2,600 and there were multiple bids up to $3,250.

dukeprince wrote:I am even happier with mine now, these seem to be well sought after and they are scarce. It took me a while to achieve one at what I could afford.

Well, every Mother of course does not think her child is ugly. While it is a free country and you are entitled to buy whatever you like (there is no law against buying spacefillers), yours has a giant rip in it and is not in the same league as the other examples.

Dukeprince was advised to have the giant tear professionally repaired, but we know how much notice of that he will take. :idea:
dukeprince

Post by dukeprince »

Dukeprince was not advised to have it repaired Mr Pet, Rod Perry stated it could be and estimated a cost of doing so but said if it was his he would probably accept it as is .

Hmmm who should I be influenced by , someone who has for some strange reason treated my posts with disrespect or someone who has offered constructive expert opinion and guidance.

I have bought many defective expensive Stamps as I seek completness on a Pensioner budget , when they arrive I pass judgement and make the decision to repair or not , if the face appearance is acceptable I leave as is, if not I have a reversable attempt to improve MY Stamp.

You can tread your own path in this hobby without taking notice of negative postings about what you do with your Stamps , if you take notice you will be a Stamp Collector influenced by someone who thinks poorly of you, is that what you wish for yourself ?

Defective stamps can and are refered to as spacefillers, something to consider is they actually follow the same value graph as the good ones sometimes 10% price rises do happen, in my opinion if you wish to dispose of a defective Stamp there are actually more buyers out there it seems there are more budget collectors than wealthy collectors.

I upgrade my defective stamps as the opportunity arises , often selling for more than I paid a few years ago , something to take into consideration.

Also when a spacefiller is in its place on your page it removes a lot of the pressure to buy its replacement , you are then in a position of not needing that stamp so badly that you overpay for one, and how easy and often does that occur ...yes I have been there too.
MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

dukeprince wrote:I am even happier with mine now, these seem to be well sought after and they are scarce. It took me a while to achieve one at what I could afford.

Good grief.

Dukeprince - as I say, there is no law against buying spacefillers. It is a free country.

You have bought a stamp with a giant rip in it. Good for you. :idea:

You seem to think that your stamp is on some sort of upward financial trajectory - you are "even happier" with yours now and "some damage does not stop them". Actually it does. A $1,500 defective copy will always be a $1,500 defective copy.

If your stamp was repaired, you might insure yourself against a poor resale result. But that would take too much commonsense. :idea:

Do enjoy gazing at your stamp all day, giant rip and all.

At the end of the day, I suspect your astute stamp purchase won't be your problem. It will be the problem of your estate.
Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

All I can say is that Dukeprince HAS got one and at life size wont show much damage and to any collector who recognises it, it will scream off the page at the rarity, lifetime achievement to own one that has occurred. And well done to him, achieved on a tight budget. :D

All I can say to you is... what have you got to show? Nothing. :roll: Just the usual rant.
dukeprince

Post by dukeprince »

MJ's pet wrote:

Good grief.

Dukeprince - as I say, there is no law against buying spacefillers. It is a free country.

You have bought a stamp with a giant rip in it. Good for you. :idea:

You seem to think that your stamp is on some sort of upward financial trajectory - you are "even happier" with yours now and "some damage does not stop them". Actually it does. A $1,500 defective copy will always be a $1,500 defective copy.

If your stamp was repaired, you might insure yourself against a poor resale result. But that would take too much commonsense. :idea:

Do enjoy gazing at your stamp all day, giant rip and all.

At the end of the day, I suspect your astute stamp purchase won't be your problem. It will be the problem of your estate.
But you are the one who told me emphatically a $1500 lefroy does not exist so by your own utterings you have informed me mine is already at $2000 because you said they cannot be sourced at 1k or 2k ever, have you forgotten what you said before.

Why dont you just repair your own Stamps and let stupid me to do with mine what I choose , has it crossed your mind that the certificate issued for mine will be incorrect if the Stamp is fiddled with until YOU are happy with it.

As for my estate having disposal problems I would have thought that is not for you to engage in, you told another member he was uttering his Post from his Deathbed, do you not find that even remotely in bad taste .

I think you have a lot of knowledge you could share with us all in a polite manner , if that were to occur I would be happy to converse further and take into account your recommendations , lets give it a try .
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

Dukeprince paid about $A1,700 (not $1,500 - you all magically forget those wonderous Auction add-ons!) for this 1897 Western Australia 6d Lake Lefroy Goldfield local stamp, with repaired tear at base, and a really ugly large tear top right, and who know how many thins - we never heard.

For a space-filler, that is about the smart price to be at, and he seems happy about it all, and it filled his long missing gap.

Long term he will probably come out fairly OK, or more than likely, even make a nice buck on it. That is what happens with truly rare stamps bought well. :)

To be honest, this truly ugly and woefully off-centred Corinphila example last year, that had 2 thins, and was even worse faded, and with a VERY crudely faked Coolgardie part cds at side, (not noted in "Cert" or auction write up) would have cost an ozzie about $A5,000, and at THREE times the price, was no bargain at all for that buyer. A silly price.

Would I rather for $A5000, to own THREE of the Dukeprince stamp, or the FUGLY Corinphila mess - no contest at all. :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Glen
MJ's pet

Re: Wanted. West Australia Lake Lefroy local stamp

Post by MJ's pet »

GlenStephens wrote on 22 October 2018 wrote:$1,000 ++++++++ for sure. And that would be for an absolutely defective DOGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG, torn in half. :lol:

It looks like the very second post on this thread on 22 October 2018 came true.

I would rather have the recent Philatelics Australia example (realised $3,250 + 16.5% BP = $3,786.25) than two of dukeprince's near bisect, but as I keep saying - it is a free country and he can buy whatever he likes.
dukeprince

Post by dukeprince »

M Js Pet states this is a near bisect, I would be interested in what others think about that, feel totally free to rubbish it or pass any remarks.

Me and this stamp have an attachment that no other opinion can alter so go for it, I would just like further opinions as I am naturally a curious old fella.
W5LDY
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!
AQUA Shooting Star Board ADDICT!

Post by W5LDY »

I think it reasonable to expect that many if not most examples extant have faults or damage of varying degrees.

It is therefore also reasonable that to obtain an example one must expect to accept such faults.

This thread shows that some are willing to accept faults, others not, it is all subjective with each and every example which appears on the market, nobody is right, nobody wrong.

If I wanted to obtain one of these I would be very happy with the torn (but certainly not bisected) example Dukeprince bought, the price was reasonable and it to me it looks better than many of the others extant (subjective comment).

I have been the underbidder at Grosvenor Auctions on two of these, both of which looked less visually appealing, both of which realised more.

So, I will stick my neck out and state that I would offer Dukeprince a modest profit on the gross purchase price should he ever wish to dispose of said 'bisect' :lol:
dukeprince

Post by dukeprince »

I am 73 and if you are younger then I can file this and then your wait time will be up to a higher authority ?

Thanks your considered comments .
RobRoyH

Post by RobRoyH »

In my world of proprietary revenue stamps where known examples number in the few dozens or less.... the condition standard is often “appears nice”... whatever that means.

Certainly pieces and fragments of such are often over my discretionary spending budget when encountered from knowledgeable dealers.
"You say grace before meals. All right. But I say grace… before I dip the pen in the ink."
G. K. Chesterton
agondocz
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!
I was online for our Birthday Number 5!

Re: WANTED 1897 W.Australia 6d Lake Lefroy Goldfield local stamp

Post by agondocz »

Hi,

The current David Feldman auction has four Lake Lefroy Goldfield local lots, 80677-80689, as well as two Coolgardie Cycle Express lots, 80675-80676.
190317_full.jpg
Lot 80679. Lake Lefroy Goldfield Bicycle Service: 1897 (April) 6d rose red on yellowish buff paper with green reverse, perf. 12, used on piece of card with Coolgardie MY 11 97 cds, fine and fresh with vibrant colour, very rare is (sic) such fine condition.
Best wishes,
AndrewG
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

This part cds just looks sooooooooooooooo fake to me anyway. Like some 3rd rate "zinco".

Lake Lefroy Goldfield Bicycle Service: 1897 (April) 6d rose red on yellowish buff paper with green reverse, perf. 12, used, with "HM" in manuscript xrayon Bid 1500 GBP

https://stampauctionnetwork.com/D2/d220dg68.cfm

190319_full.jpg
MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

The cds ink is not particularly black, but it probably is ok. Need to be measured against other Coolgardie cds. The whole looks washed out, not an attractive example.

In this case the cds and signature was probably applied per favour on remainders.
dukeprince

Post by dukeprince »

agondocz wrote: 16 Nov 2020 10:56 Hi,

The current David Feldman auction has four Lake Lefroy Goldfield local lots, 80677-80689, as well as two Coolgardie Cycle Express lots, 80675-80676.
Lot 80679. Lake Lefroy Goldfield Bicycle Service: 1897 (April) 6d rose red on yellowish buff paper with green reverse, perf. 12, used on piece of card with Coolgardie MY 11 97 cds, fine and fresh with vibrant colour, very rare is (sic) such fine condition.
Best wishes,
AndrewG

Thanks Andrew, it looks nice ...but...it is hard to pass it as tied to piece, indeed the card may have been torn very close along that edge to disguise lack of tie.

That then leads us to question why is it on the card, perhaps back faults?

I am not wishing to detract from a nice looking stamp ,but these things have an effect on price, so I note them here for all to see, other opinions are welcome these are only mine.
Last edited by Global Admin on 16 Nov 2020 16:55, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Added pars and spacing and “air” – always a superb idea on Bulletin Boards! Use the "PREVIEW" button folks. It is there for a GOOD reason.
Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

We really should start a census!

WA Lake Lefroy Goldfield Cycle Mail

MJ's pet

Post by MJ's pet »

Allanswood wrote:We really should start a census!

I think our friends in the West already have one (the Reynolds & Pope census)
Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

Well I can't find it online and I can't see it here on SB, so yet another wet squid strikes the research and images we all like to see.
Global Admin
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Admin »

What some stamp club might have produced in tiny mono images 30 or 40 years back pre-internet, is hardly relevant in 2020. :lol:

Lets add them all here in COLOUR please folks and all the wording that the auction added to them.

I still would not be surprised to learn here that some of those cds are total fakes. They look totally implausible to me.

Glen
Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

There's about 30 on this thread so far. :D

If I had a copy of whatever census there already is, I could match them up and join the numbers.
Allanswood

Post by Allanswood »

MJ's pet wrote: 17 Nov 2020 13:39
Allanswood wrote:We really should start a census!

I think our friends in the West already have one (the Reynolds & Pope census)

From what I can find, it seems the R and P Census noted 43 examples. That may be a while ago, I don't know.
However A Helmich noted earlier on this thread that there are now 51 Mint and 46 used known. That more than doubles the previous figures.

I currently have images of 32 examples.

Return to “WANTED by members - Stamps or FDC or Accessories or images etc.”