My Isle of Man Coll - pictured and described stamp by stamp

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: snaws, Justin, Volunteer Moderator Team

nasinclair
Black Ninja Star! Board Posting Addict.

My Isle of Man Coll - pictured and described stamp by stamp

Post by nasinclair »

I hope people don't mind myself posting and describing on a daily basis the stamps of the Isle of Man from my collection.

The first stamp is part of the first set of definitives and stamps for the Isle of Man running it's own postal service in 1973.

It depicts the harbour in Castletown that was the capital of the Isle of Man until 1869. This town as seen in the background of the stamp is dominated by Castle Rushen which was originally built around 1265 for a Viking King.

Robert the Bruce laid siege to and captured the castle three times. Fishermen still fish from the harbour to present day. Also in the town is the Old House of Keys which was the former meeting place of the Parliament of the Isle of Man.

Vict0riann
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Re: My Isle of Man Collection - Pictured and Described Stamp

Post by Vict0riann »

My mother-in-law lived in Douglas, IOM, for many years and died there. We visited her there frequently, my husband a couple of times a year, so I am very happy to see your presentation! I did find that the postmaster in Douglas had a very heavy hand with his canceller! :roll: (I collect mainly used.)

Thanks, Ann

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

The second stamp in the first definitive series was another Isle of Man landscape drawn by J H Nicholson, a Manx born self taught artist.

This time it depicts Port Erin. Port Erin is a seaside village in the Parish of Rushen. It was previously a seaside resort before the decline of the tourism sector. The name means Iron Port or Lord's Port in Manx language.

There is an abandoned outer breakwater that was being constructed in 1863 with the help of the Port Erin Breakwater Railway which saw the first steam locomotive on the island. A severe storm broke the breakaway and it was never restored. In WW2 Port Erin held the Port Erin Women's Detention Camp.

Vict0riann

Post by Vict0riann »

I wondered why the artist had R.I. after his name, instead of R.A. So I looked it up - for anyone who is interested:

"Founded in 1831 for the encouragement of artists working outside the mainstream of traditional painting, the Institute was originally known as the New Society of Painters in Water Colours and was thus in direct opposition to the Royal Watercolour Society which had been founded in 1804. The RI differed in policy by exhibiting both members’ and non-members' work. Both societies challenged the Royal Academy's refusal to accept the medium of watercolours as appropriate for what they termed "serious art". The name was later changed to the Institute of Painters in Water Colours and then, on the command of Queen Victoria after the opening of the 1885 exhibition, it was designated a 'Royal' Institute.

The Institute's purpose-built gallery was opened in Piccadilly in 1885, the same year that the Royal Warrant was issued by Queen Victoria. The Gallery remained in Piccadilly until the lease expired in 1970, then joined with several other leading art societies in the Federation of British Artists based at the Mall Galleries which were opened by HM Queen Elizabeth in 1971. Illustrious former members in all its incarnations include Robert Hills, William Henry Pyne, John and Cornelius Varley, Joshua Cristall, John Glover, Edward Duncan, Thomas Shotter Boys, John Martin, Henry Bright, Thomas Miles Richardson, Tom Collier, James Orrock, Anna Airy. Although membership is limited to 100, the annual exhibition held at the Mall Galleries usually in March is open to non-members."

KevinHedley
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by KevinHedley »

nasinclair wrote:I hope people don't mind myself posting and describing on a daily basis the stamps of the Isle of Man from my collection.

The first stamp is part of the first set of definitives and stamps for the Isle of Man running it's own postal service in 1973.

It depicts the harbour in Castletown that was the capital of the Isle of Man until 1869. This town as seen in the background of the stamp is dominated by Castle Rushen which was originally built around 1265 for a Viking King. Robert the Bruce laid siege to and captured the castle three times. Fishermen still fish from the harbour to present day. Also in the town is the Old House of Keys which was the former meeting place of the Parliament of the Isle of Man.

You say "I hope people don't mind myself posting and describing on a daily basis the stamps of the Isle of Man from my collection."

If every member had one such thread this forum would be even better than it is now. The images are most important but the descriptions and additional comments by other members will stand the test of time.

Well done :D
Here to learn
Here to enjoy

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Thanks for all the great feedback.

The next stamp is the third definitive in the same series by the same artist as described earlier. It depicts Snaefell which is the only mountain in the Isle of Man and the only peak above 2000ft. It is also home to Snaefell Mountain Railway, an electric railway that runs from Laxey a distance of four miles to the peak where a cafe can also be found. The A18 road passes the slopes of Snaefell and is the highest part of the Isle of Man TT course. From the summit England, Ireland, Wales and Scotland can all be seen on a clear day.

chaddy
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!
GOLD Star Super Posting Stampboarder!

Post by chaddy »

I just noticed that your from pie eating territory :D . I am from nearby Warrington and also collect mint Channel Islands as one of my main collections. I'm enjoying reading your posts, and just realised how long this is going to take you, doing one stamp at a time. Keep up the good work.
STAMPS ARE NOT JUST FOR CHRISTMAS

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Next up is another one in that first stamp series of definitives. Another watercolour.

This time it's a landscape of Laxey. Laxey is Old Norse for Salmon River. Laxey is famous for it's waterwheel which is the largest working example in the world and the has two working vintage railways, the Manx Electric Railway which connects Ramsey, Douglas and Laxey and also the Snaefell Mountain Railway which runs from Laxey to the summit of Snaefell mountain. It is also the home of King Orry's Grave, a megalithic tomb.

The Laxey wheel can be seen prominently on the stamp.

norvic

Post by norvic »

nasinclair wrote:The second stamp in the first definitive series was another Isle of Man landscape drawn by J H Nicholson, a Manx born self taught artist.

This time it depicts Port Erin. Port Erin is a seaside village in the Parish of Rushen. It was previously a seaside resort before the decline of the tourism sector.

I’m enjoying this thread too, having visited the island twice.
When did Port Erin cease to be a resort? We stayed there in the 60s.
Ian Billings - Norvic Philatelics GB stamps info: https://blog.norphil.co.uk, NPhilatelics on twitter, www norphil.co.uk, shop.norphil.co.uk for our e-commerce site [currently closed for the duration]

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

chaddy wrote:I'm enjoying reading your posts, and just realised how long this is going to take you, doing one stamp at a time. Keep up the good work.
Me too, and as always for such projects please keep in mind the massive importance of relevant CAPTIONS. Google "spiders" cannot "see" a thing in these images. You will get 5 times as many google hits this way. :)

nasinclair- you have some really superb stamp images posted here. :mrgreen:

All that great scanning work, but google has not indexed a single one of them sadly. :(

No country, no issue year, no detail, no word STAMP even - no face value, no catalogue number. NADA.

The HARD work is in doing the scans - the simple work is a short accurate description under those scans. :mrgreen:

I often see really superb scans from members, but google simply will not "see" them. And they will thus never end up being found via a google search. :idea:

The Google "spiders" that are glued to this site 24/7, sadly do not "see" anything at all looking at this kind of post above.

There are zero words for them to index, and worse, no words to index the photo to, which they will always do if they are linked.

Google "spiders" do not read the wording on a stamp photo. We need to replicate that in TEXT under each photo for it.

We are a stamp board - we all know that we are showing STAMPS, but google needs to be told these are stamps. As THAT is how people search google!

So a caption under nice scans saying something like -
Falkland Islands, 1949 UPU Centenary stamps set of 4. SG 168-171
Will mean in 2 weeks anyone searching intuitively on the web (as they do) for "Falklands 1949 UPU stamp set" will end up with that thread as link #1 most likely. :idea:
= = = = = =
I posted the following advice to greenGO on his Railways Stamp thread -

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=38971

My LEADERS OF THE WORLD Railway stamps collection

He took the advice, and so far his thread has ~30,000 page views, and comes up FIRST on google searches. For text AND photos. He is very happy, and it is good for stampboards. :mrgreen:

Members bearing the following in mind will GREATLY improve google matches of images to text, and that is a WIN-WIN all round. 8)

Glen
admin wrote:To ALL members on ALL threads please bear this in mind.

Be aware if you use full captions, google picks up EVERY post so others will find your thread!

i.e. if this appears 20 times in a thread google will make this thread number search match -

"Leaders Of The World" Railway stamp issues

If it occurs once, they rank it much lower. So I changed heading from

"My L.o.W. Railway collection"

For the same reasons. Never abbreviate - google does not 'see' it then. :mrgreen:

So if you type -

Grenadines of St.Vincent
1984 "Leaders Of The World" Railway stamp issues
2nd set of 8 pairs
values: 1c, 5c, 20c, 35c, 60c, $1, $1.50, $3

and not just this -

Grenadines of St.Vincent
2nd set of 8 pairs

LOTS More people see it. :mrgreen:

Admin

and a 'p.s.' if you ensure the description is placed very close to the scan, UNDERNEATH preferably, the Google "spider" sees that, and connects the 2 when folks are searching for images.

i.e. this is the OPTIMUM way to present an image and related text, so that YOUR post gets matched by google with the relevant photo.

Remember google "spiders" cannot mind-read. :) Posting a photo of the Australia 1932 Green Sydney Harbour Bridge stamp is evident visually to us, but unless the words -

Australia 1932 5/- Green Sydney Harbour Bridge stamp, SG 132,

appear as well, google will not index that at all.

1984 "Leaders Of The World" Railway stamp issues
2nd set of 8 pairs
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

nasinclair

Re: My Isle of Man Coll - pictured and described stamp by st

Post by nasinclair »

Next up is another stamp from the 1973 definitive series - the first set from the Isle of Man.

It is another watercolour from JH Nicholson, this time depicting Tynwald Hill.

Tynwald Hill is a landmark on the Island and a sign of the Island's independence. Once a year this four tiered hill hosts an open air parliament session. It is believed that this tradition started with the Norse Vikings 1000 years ago with the hill itself built in the 13th Century, making it the oldest continuous Parliament in the world.

The hill is believed to be made from stones put together with soil from each of the Isle Of Man's 17 Parishes.

Isle of Man 1973 Definitive Stamp Issue
2½p Value, Tynwald Hill, SG 16

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

The next stamp from the 1973 definitive series depicts Douglas Promenade in watercolour with a 3p value.

Douglas is the Capital of the Isle of Man and is located on the mouth of the River Douglas. Douglas used to be smaller than it is now and expanded rapidly in the 18th century as a result of port links with Liverpool. It expanded further when the Tynwald and the High Courts moved from the ancient capital to Douglas in the 1860's. The Isle of Man TT races always start and finish in Douglas. It hosts the terminus of the steam railway that runs to Port Erin and the Electric Railway to Ramsey along with being the home of the Isle of Man Steam Packet Company that runs services to Heysham and Liverpool.

Isle of Man 1973 Definitive Stamp Issue, 3p Value, Douglas Promenade, SG 17

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Next up from 1973 definitive stamp set is a watercolour depicting Port St. Mary with a 3½p value.

Port St Mary is a village in the Isle of Man that's name originates from the Chapel of St Mary that is believed to have overlooked the bay in the village. Once a busy fishing and trading port it is a village that is still busy with fishermen and tourists. The RNLI have a lifeboat in the village, the Gough Ritchie II.

Isle of Man 1973 Definitive Stamp Issue, 3½p Value, Port St. Mary, SG 18

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Up next in the 1973 definitive stamp set is another watercolour on a stamp by J H Nicholson.....this time depicting Fairy Bridge. This stamp has a 4p value.

Fairy Bridge is a small bridge on the Port Erin to Douglas Road on the Island. The importance of the bridge on the Island is superstition with it being said it is unlucky if you do not greet the fairies on crossing the bridge. Many people say 'Good Morning Fairies' on crossing the bridge and it is customary to tell visitors to the Island to do the same. Buses on the Island do the same via an automated message when crossing the bridge. Many TT motorcycle racers visit the bridge before the race for luck.

Isle of Man 1973 Definitive Stamp Issue, 3½p Value, Port St. Mary, SG 19

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Today's stamp is the 5p value in the 1973 definitives series. It is another watercolour depicting Peel.

Peel is the third largest town on the Island after Douglas and Ramsey. Peel has a ruined castle and a cathedral with the Diocese of Sodor and Man. Before the 1700s Peel had a good import and export trade importing goods from places like Amsterdam, and then became a busy fishing port.
Isle of Man 1973 Definitive Stamp Issue, 5p Value, Peel, SG 20

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Next up is the 6p value stamp from the 1973 definitive stamp set, another watercolour, this time depicting Cregneish.

Cregneish is a small village in the south west of the Isle of Man. Annual Manx festivals are held in the village and the village is home to the four horned Loaghtan sheep. Most of the village is like a museum preserving traditional ways of living on the Manx Island. Many original cottages are preserved and show original fishing and farming methods on the Island. There is a museum in the village along with example households such as Harry Kelly's cottage which is a traditional Manx home with knitting and weaving taking place. The historic village has been used in many television shows and movies.

Isle of Man 1973 Definitive Stamp Issue, 6p Value, Cregneish, SG 21

nasinclair

Re: My Isle of Man Coll - pictured and described stamp by stamp

Post by nasinclair »

The next stamp in the 1973 series is the 7½p value which is another watercolour, this time depicting Ramsey Bay.

Ramsey Bay is a coastal town and the second largest town on the Island. It is home to one of the biggest harbours on the Island and a derelict pier called the Queen's Pier. It used to be one of the main forms of communication with Scotland.

Isle of Man 1973 Definitive Stamp Issue, 7½p Value, Ramsey Bay, SG 22

Vict0riann

Post by Vict0riann »

I'm wondering how you posted the photo of the 7 1/2p value, because it is not as clear as your previous pictures. Is it the new way of posting?

Cheers, Ann

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

It's not the new way of posting. It's probably my eyesight struggling with hayfever so hard for me to see whether it's sharp or not as my eyes are swelled and puffy, will try and do better tomorrow :)

Vict0riann

Post by Vict0riann »

Sorry you’re having a bad time with allergies.

Ann

Waffle
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Post by Waffle »

A brilliant idea and perfect timing.My family spent many holidays in Douglas in the 50s and early 60s.

In 1962 a Boys Brigade camp was held in Peel, under canvas. We hiked up to Snaefell and camped in pup-tents overnight, before walking back the next day being caught in a torrential downpour.

The reason for the post, is that I have several hundred IOM first day covers, starting 1968 to 2019. With your permission, when you have finished posting the stamps-may be a while at current rate, may I post the crop of FDCs on this thread.

If you would rather I started a separate one please say so.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

I loved reading your story and would love to see your FDCs, why don't you post them as I get to each set so they're in order .....so you could post the set I'm doing at the minute first if you like?
Waffle wrote:
01 Jun 2020 10:06
A brilliant idea and perfect timing.My family spent many holidays in Douglas in the 50s and early 60s.

In 1962 a Boys Brigade camp was held in Peel, under canvas. We hiked up to Snaefell and camped in pup-tents overnight, before walking back the next day being caught in a torrential downpour.

The reason for the post, is that I have several hundred IOM first day covers, starting 1968 to 2019. With your permission, when you have finished posting the stamps-may be a while at current rate, may I post the crop of FDCs on this thread.

If you would rather I started a separate one please say so.

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Today's stamp still from the 1973 definitive series is the 9p value stamp depicting Douglas Bay in watercolour.

As I've described Douglas earlier in the series I will not describe it again other than to say it is the capital of the Isle of Man. The watercolour looks like it depicts two of the Isle of Man Steam Packet ferries arriving into Douglas at the ferry terminal.

Isle of Man 1973 Definitive Stamp Issue, 9p Value, Douglas Bay, SG 23

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Thank you nasinclair. Your permission was important to me3 and I will start as you suggest.
I prefer to collect UK, British Commonwealth esp Pacific area ( not excluding West Indies/Canada ) and Western Europe. At the bottom of my zone of interest is Eastern Europe and communist countries.

Temora22

Post by Temora22 »

nasinclair,

Your posts bring back happy memories of my time in England during the 1990s. The organization I worked for had a Manx subsidiary and I used to fly from Manchester to Douglas for meetings every quarter. I certainly recall being advised to greet the fairies on my way in from the airport to Douglas.I was driven around the TT course and saw many of the places depicted on the stamps. The IOM is very picturesque. I always used to buy some Manx kippers at the airport before returning to Manchester. Happy times.

regards,

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Next up from the 1973 Definitive Issue Stamp Set is a departure from the landscape stamps for the 10p issue. This depicts a Manx Cat in watercolour by J H Nicholson.

The Manx Cat is a breed of cat that occurs in the Isle of Man that is born without a tail or just a small stub of a tail.

Isle of Man 1973 Definitive Stamp Issue, 10p Value, Manx Cat, SG 24

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

The next stamp in the 1973 Definitive Issue is a 20p value that is another watercolour by J H Nicholson depicting a Manx Loaghtyn Ram.

The Manx Loaghtyn Ram is a rare breed sheep that originates from the Isle of Man. They usually have four or six horns and dark brown wool. The meat of the sheep is recognised and protected under the EU protected designation of origin scheme requiring it to originate from the Isle of Man. It is believed to be the closest living relative to the now extinct Jersey Sheep.

Isle of Man 1973 Definitive Stamp Issue, 20p Value, Manx Loaghtyn Ram, SG 25

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Next up in the 1973 Definitive stamp set is the 50p value stamp with a watercolour depiction of a Manx Shearwater by J H Nicholson.

A Manx Shearwater or back in the 1700s a Manks Puffin is a Shearwater in the Procellariidae family. The lava Shearwater on the Canary Islands is believed to be the sister species of this bird. It nests in small burrows on the Island which they only visit at night so are normally only seen on water during the day.

Isle of Man 1973 Definitive Stamp Issue, 50p Value, Manx Shearwater, SG 26

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Finally we come to the end of the first Isle of Man Stamp Set, the 1973 Definitives Issue. The last stamp in the set is a £1 value watercolour by J H Nicholson depicting a Viking Longship.

The Isle of Man has a long history of connection and settlement by the Vikings during its history.

Isle of Man 1973 Definitive Stamp Issue, £1 Value, Viking Longship, SG 27

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Now that Nasinclair has finished the posting of the mint, 1st definitive stamps from the independent IOM postal authorities,I will post a set of FDCs.

I will begin with some UK regional definitives, including a last day of issue cover. Then the 1st set of IOM post definitives.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Isle Of Man 1968 Definitives on FDC.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Isle of Man 1971 Definitives on FDC.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamps of Isle of Man 1973 Last day of British Postal authority, Definitives on last day cover.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Isle of Man 1973 Ist set of definitives on FDC.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Isle of Man 1973, 1st set of definitives(independent) on FDC.

Expatyeoman
PLATINUM Star Serious Stamp Poster

Post by Expatyeoman »

Great thread nasinclair, it has made be pull out my IOM collection again after a long time on the shelf and take a closer look.

Now you've got to end of the first defin set would you like an image of the three border colour errors from the series? Can add those if so.

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

It would be great to see them 😊
Expatyeoman wrote:
06 Jun 2020 15:39
Great thread nasinclair, it has made be pull out my IOM collection again after a long time on the shelf and take a closer look.

Now you've got to end of the first defin set would you like an image of the three border colour errors from the series? Can add those if so.

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Next up is the first commemorative issue of the Isle of Man with a 15p value stamp commemorating the inauguration of postal independence in 1973. The stamp depicts the Viking landing in Man in AD 938.

The Isle of Man received Postal Independence on the 5th July 1973. The Isle of Man Post Office was created and issued stamps from that day onwards.

With regards to the picture of the Viking landings between AD 850 and 990 the Vikings settled on the Isle of Man and it was ruled by the Scandinavian Kings of Dublin.

Isle of Man 1973 Postal Inauguration Issue, 15p Value, Viking Landings AD 938, SG 34

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Isle of Man 1973 Definitives on FDC

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Isle of Man 1973 Definitives on FDC.

Vict0riann

Post by Vict0riann »

Very interesting, Waffle, to see the Last Day cover of British stamps on July 4, and First Day cover of Manx stamps on July 5. Cool! 8-)

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Thanks VictoriOann, lots more to come.By the way, i remember that you were looking for Eire SOARs. I have approximately 6-8 duplicates as spares.If still interested, let me know your address.

Expatyeoman

Post by Expatyeoman »

There were I believe three colour errors for the first definitive set where the borders were incorrect.

First up the Isle of Man 3p value SG17a. The border is in olive-bistre as is used for the ½p value rather than the green.

(left) Issued value (right) error.
Attachments
IOM SG17a definitive colour error.jpg

Expatyeoman

Post by Expatyeoman »

Second the Isle of Man 3½p value SG18a. The border is in grey-brown as used for the 2p value. Not quite as marked a difference as the 3p value but more distinct 'in the flesh' and much paler.

(left) Issued value (right) error
Attachments
IOM SG18a definitive colour error.jpg

Expatyeoman

Post by Expatyeoman »

Finally the Isle of Man 6p value SG22 (I think the error is SG22a). For this one the border colour error is not taken from one of the other values in the series (and I suspect that is why it's cheaper than the other two), but it is a much brighter and more orange shade.

(left) Issued value (right) error
Attachments
IOM SG22 definitive colour error.jpg

Vict0riann

Post by Vict0riann »

Waffle wrote:
07 Jun 2020 12:19
Thanks VictoriOann, lots more to come.By the way, i remember that you were looking for Eire SOARs. I have approximately 6-8 duplicates as spares.If still interested, let me know your address.
Thanks, Waffle, you have mail!

Cheers, Ann

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

Next up in 1973 is the stamp set issue for the centenary of the Steam Railway in the Isle of Man. This is a 2½p value stamp depicting the Sutherland 2-4-0 locomotive.

This locomotive was built for the opening of the railway on 1st July 1873 and is named after the Duke of Sutherland who was a director of the railway company in its early days. She hauled the first official train to Peel and remained in service until 1964 when used latterly as a shunter. She returned to service in 1998 with a new boiler and then withdrawn when the boiler was removed. She now is in the railway museum.

Isle of Man 1973 Centenary of Steam Railway Issue, 2½p Value, Sutherland 2-4-0, SG 35

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Stamp of Isle of Man 1973 The Isle of Man Railway.

nasinclair

Post by nasinclair »

The next stamp is another from the 1973 Centenary of the Steam Railway Issue. It is a 3p value stamp depicting the Caledonia 0-6-0 locomotive.

This locomotive was built in 1885 and is the only one from Dubs and Company in Glasgow. She was built for the Foxdale Railway on the Island. After the merger of the two railway companies on the Island in 1905 she was not used very much, mainly for Cattle Mart and snow clearing. She received a new boiler in 1923. I'm 1967 she came back into service until 1968 and then was placed in the museum until 1993. She then was retested for running and and became the star of the show for the centenary of Snaefell mountain railway celebrations. She had a rebuild in 2009 returning to service in 2013 but had boiler problems being repaired from 2013 to 2018. She returned to service in 2018.

Waffle

Post by Waffle »

Nasinclair, this is an excellent and long overdue thread. Many thanks for starting it. I wish I had all of the mint stamps and their used relatives to remind me of many holidays. I hope the FDCs help.

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”