Castores - my 100,000 stamps+other things - plants & backyard birds!

Whether we own them or not we all love LOOKING at philatelic Gems and goodies. Add your favourites today. Add your comments WHY this stamp or cover or item is superb or unusual. Or lift them from an auction site to share with other members, if that does not breach their copyright notice.

Moderators: Justin, snaws, Volunteer Moderator Team

castores
2500 Stampboards Post - Senior Guru

Castores - my 100,000 stamps+other things - plants & backyard birds!

Post by castores »

Not that long ago I bought from Glen about 50,000 used stamps, 99% Australian. All used on neat cut off piece from a Catholic Charity who amassed them, and sent them to Glen -

ALL are now bagged! Majority in set/year order. Not much to go.

I have also had stored in 'sandwich' bags for a long time about 100,000+ Australian stamps. They are in set/year but the bags are not in order anymore.

So I think with the momentum I've found in dealing with the 50,000 I think I'm ready to revisit and 'marry' the two together.

And shares some plant and bird pix in my backyeard amlnog the way - here is how it all started -

Peter - Castores

= = = = = =

11.JPG
1.JPG
12.JPG
13.JPG
5.JPG
6.JPG
7.JPG
8.JPG
9.JPG
10.JPG
11.JPG
11.jpg

A BED full of about 50,000 stamps. Just 1c each - $A500!

Well here is the Christmas and New Year break sorted out for someone! And probably up to Easter as well. :D

With many of us being in COVID restricted regions, such a huge project is a godsend to pass a few months. :D :D

There are 8.2 kilos of stamps here weight OUTSIDE the huge thick carton I will mail these in. So about 9 kilos weight (nearly 20 pounds!) here. You are paying about ONE CENT per stamp. :mrgreen:

A Church charity interstate mails me at year end, a carton gathered over the year by the good burghers of the flock, who mail and take them all to one central point, and that priest then mails them to me. And I send them a cheque for the fund-raising drive. WIN-WIN all round. 8-)

They are well-trained by now by me after many years, and stamps are close clipped from envelopes on single paper, and any obvious damaged are discarded, so a better than usual Charity mix for sure. Some are even off paper, adding to the per kilo yield. 8-)

Australian Kiloware in 2020 is near unprocurable. My dealer friend Kevin Morgan who used to handle many TONS of it literally each year, says supply these days is down to a tiny trickle, and told me today his one regular supplier is now packing it in, due to advancing years and health issues.

FAR less franked mail as we all know than just 10 years back, about 5% of 10% of the volume of just a decade back, and worthless white counter labels are near universal here now. And more relevant, FAR less older volunteers about, to source, gather, snip and clip and put it aside – a perfect storm.

Kevin readily gets $90 a kilo for anything quite decent like this. (=$A725)

Indeed most dealers now sell this only by the 100 or 200 grams, as even a single kilo is a tough animal to source. A huge CARTON full is a VERY rare beast in 2020.

200 gram lots of this same material SELL for $A200 a kilo as you can see, and sell fast –

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Australia-Kiloware-Stamps-200g-Comme ... 3183958916

Totally untouched by me as received today. :idea: :idea:

Weight of stamps is over 8 kilos. Kevin tells me this material averages out at about 6,000 stamps per kilo when close clipped and on single paper, so we have about 50,000 stamps here. If some pedant buys it, counts them, and want to return it, they will get a 2 word response. :D

Being a genuine Church mix, there is everything in here. The vast bulk looks to be Australian - I’d say when taking pix, about 99% is oz, and the great majority of that are Commemoratives .. indeed saw heaps of the lick and stick modern ones that sell for $1 EACH postally used - all day long. Many folks list 30 or 40 different of these on eBay at $1 each, as a job lot, and they sell fast.

LOTS of higher than letter rate values seen here too, including Commemoratives – these sell for $$$$ EACH! You are paying ONE CENT apiece.

The great bulk of if looked to be from last 25 years or so. I saw 2020 issues in here when taking pix. Indeed .. the most recent material bags were tipped out on bed FIRST of course, so they are mostly not in pix here ..... did not think it through well, and a pain in the neck to fish them out so did not bother - it is actually a far BETTER and generally more recent lot than it seems actually from these pix. :D

WARNING - a lot of what one sees offered at “Auctions” are deliberately salted, and heavily curated lots - more or less waste paper, a lot of it. All higher than letter rate are removed, all neat cds cancel stamps are removed, all lick and stick modern Commems are removed, all uncancelled stamps are (of COURSE) removed! Not here.

And then common 70s and 80s Xmas stamps, and common defins and worthless GB Machin heads and Xmas issues, and junky low face India stamp landfill etc, are dumped into the mix, to pad it out. I barely saw a single GB Machin head among this 50,000 stamps. Each kilo (1000 grams) of that junk contains maybe 50g or useful material to most buyers.

PLUS the rougher material is often just torn off, or the snippings are on wider than usual paper, and often it is on DOUBLE paper, so you get 2000 stamps per kilo not 6000 – literally. You are largely buying waste paper. :roll: :roll:

Even a goldmine lot for eBay re-sellers etc.. list these at 100 or 200 grams lots at $80 each and you will rake in the bucks.

https://www.ebay.ie/itm/Australia-Kiloware-Stamps-200g-Comme ... 3183958916

Oz buyers only is suggested – shipping overseas will be truly scary on 9 kilos. :roll:

Glen

castores

Re: A BED full of about 50,000 stamps. Just 1c each - $A500!

Post by castores »

I'll take it off your hands Glen, Sold!
Australia : Islands : various countries : Thematics : etc

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

Post by Global Administrator »

Well bought - we had Louie and Smokey do a final count this afternoon, and they declared it correct at 50,000 exact! :mrgreen:

Donald Trump and Giuliani are disputing the final figure, so this will end up in the courts sadly.

SUE THE CATS ...... all they own is a few feathers and 3 green ping pong balls. :)

Glen

P1020678.JPG
P1020680.JPG
P1020657.JPG
P1020661.JPG
P1020656.JPG
P1020671.JPG
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

castores

Post by castores »

Fantastic!

If the cats squared it off, it has to be correct :D :D :D

ps. do I get a cat with this?

Note, the cats are on my side, I gave them feathers........ :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just biden my time :D

I must have about 200+ thousand already to go thru so what's another 50?

castores

Post by castores »

Those 200+ are all over 30 years, no idea what's there.

But these are more recent, well most of them I hope.

And how often is something like this, with the way of non-stamps are taking over, going to come up.

Can't wait to sink myself into it :D :D :D
Last edited by castores on 27 Nov 2020 19:55, edited 1 time in total.

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

castores wrote:
27 Nov 2020 17:38

ps. do I get a cat with this?

Well just because you mail Smokey bird feathers he is not jumping ship!

We just got a new black kitten, Smokey Stephens who was an abandoned alley cat.

He LOVES wild bird feathers for some reason, and runs around the house all day with them. :lol:

We had a few from local birds that the cleaners tossed out as they looked like rubbish. And of course have not seen any since.

Castores kindly mailed us some extras inc some lovely white Cockatoo ones. See below - Smokey loves them! If anyone sees any long bird feathers laying about - Smokey would delight in getting them!

Glen and Margo and Smokey

P1010996.JPG
P1010997.JPG
P1020003.JPG
P1020028.JPG
P1020006.JPG
Click HERE to see superb, RARE and unusual stamps, at FIXED low nett prices, high rez photos, and NO buyer fees etc!

castores

Post by castores »

Glen, where's the other massive bunch I sent Smokey?

better than the above lot, like Smokey wanted, long, big feathers...

You never did post them??? (forgot probably).

Note, this area is getting really good as I have falcons and..... wedge-tailed eagles in this area.
Magpies:
Very cool, all the females and the babies are in my tree (up to 20). The males are in the air harassing the eagle.

Note, the magpies have territory and don't usually collect like this. They have come together for a specific purpose = get rid of the eagle.

Very cool,, there is a family with two babies (eagles).
(so yes, four wedge-tailed eagles in the sky)

Nature is so cool....

Wedge-tailed eagles are massive!

Note: I have had falcons land within 6 ft of me intent on something in my garden (two occassions).

britjag
I was online for Post Number 6 MILLION!

Post by britjag »

Castores:

Did you take some pictures of your tree with the magpies? Love to see it!

Also, if you want to trade dupes in a bit please let me know. :lol:

I have a ton of used U.S. and Canada I’d be happy to swap for whatever is in there. I’m a “worldie” so always willing to take a chance on whatever comes through my mailbox.

Also, I think we need a thread where we can chat about fascinating for sale items like the bed full of stamps!
My address has changed and is available upon request.

I collect: USA, Canada, F1, soccer, flags, maps, cats, space and anything else WW that's cool.

Want list:http://www.Wishlistr.com/Britjag

Number-O-Ne
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!
I was online for Post Number 7 MILLION!

Post by Number-O-Ne »

Global Administrator wrote:
27 Nov 2020 17:22
Well bought - we had Louie and Smokey do a final count this afternoon, and they declared it correct at 50,000 exact! :mrgreen:

Donald Trump and Giuliani are disputing the final figure, so this will end up in the courts sadly.

SUE THE CATS ...... all they own is a few feathers and 3 green ping pong balls. :)

Glen

Hi Glen,

I'm showing this comment of yours around, to my doctor friends in a COVID infested Cincinnati hospital.

We had our first smiles of the day, :) and it's a long day.

castores

Post by castores »

britjag wrote:
30 Nov 2020 11:07
Castores:

Did you take some pictures of your tree with the magpies? Love to see it!

Also, if you want to trade dupes in a bit please let me know. :lol:

I have a ton of used U.S. and Canada I’d be happy to swap for whatever is in there. I’m a “worldie” so always willing to take a chance on whatever comes through my mailbox.

Also, I think we need a thread where we can chat about fascinating for sale items like the bed full of stamps!
I don't know how I missed this post, apologies for the late reply britjag.

No, I didn't take any pictures I had my head up watching the harassment to the eagle.

But here's a few eating at the doorstep.
Carnivorous plant there also... watch out maggies!

mags.jpg

Some galah's and corella's.

IMG_20201124_163612.jpg

A brand new baby wood (crested) pigeon, not the easiest to see but I didn't want to concern mum/dad (left) by getting to close.
Wood pigeons make the most basic of nests.
Born the day before (R). Asleep, I can see it's tiny frame going up and down with it's breathing.

wood pig.jpg

I'll get back to you about dupes (and anyone else who may be interested) :D 8-)

castores

Post by castores »

Some cockatoo's and corella's (I count 36).

IMG_20200809_145153.jpg

Some of the stamps already needing sorting....

IMG_20201202_213047.jpg

MargoZ
WINNER! Stampboards Poster Of The Month

Post by MargoZ »

Just love your birdies, Peter. I've never seen corellas and cockies together like that. And exciting to have a newborn on your doorstep too. Do you participate in the annual Aussie birdcount?
Please click link below to "Like" stampboards on FACEBOOK -
https://www.facebook.com/stampboards/

Wucky100
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!
RED Shooting Star Posting LEGEND!

Post by Wucky100 »

Hey Margo,

In confused that you are eating "Hello Fresh" AND drinking Coke at the same time! (see first pic)

Like when I go to Maccas and Get a Big Mac and Diet Coke! but in reverse... Hahaha

Have a great day Margo...

Wucky
| WUCKY100 | COLLECTOR OF MODERN U.S. & VARIETIES |

britjag

Post by britjag »

Monarch butterfly habitat
Monarch butterfly habitat
Castores:

Very cool habitat you have in your back yard!

We have a much more modest space, but one my wife has turned into one suitable for breeding migratory Monarch butterflies.

Cool to see caterpillars turn into a cocoon and then a butterfly, all with the help of the poisonous milkweed plants they depend on solely for food.

Predators don’t want to eat these bugs after they eat these!
Monarch caterpillar
Monarch caterpillar
Monarch butterfly
Monarch butterfly

I collect: USA, Canada, F1, soccer, flags, maps, cats, space and anything else WW that's cool.

POP
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru
Senior Member Advanced Posting Guru

Post by POP »

That caterpillar looks like it has a good pair of gonads

castores

Post by castores »

by MargoZ
Just love your birdies, Peter. I've never seen corellas and cockies together like that. And exciting to have a newborn on your doorstep too. Do you participate in the annual Aussie birdcount?
Thank you Margo, I only started doing it two years ago (3?).

I have seen some funny things occur and I keep thinking "that's so human" (or the other way around).

I have just this moment realised the wood pigeons have had two chicks :D :D :D
I think it was 4 weeks of sitting on the flimsiest nest through wind rain heat and cold.
Tiny nest, but that's what they do....

When I have checked out the birdcount it appeared to be about tagged birds (not ACT as far as I know).
Castores:

Very cool habitat you have in your back yard!
Front yard actually and thank you britjag.
I like that they can be there and not £W^%^"£%43 my garden.
We have an understanding :lol: :lol: :lol:
They do listen to me.
The funniest thing is they always want me to recognise they are there before they will fly down to eat.
Funny and Cool.

I love your haven for the Monarch (I have seen some beautiful vids of millions in flight).

I have seen many caterpillars in my garden, lots of people would be annoyed but the other birds I get in keep these things in check (noisy friarbirds for one) :D

Lots of skinks in the garden also :D

Ps. Diamond Dogs is one of my favourite albums!!!

castores

Post by castores »

I don't know if I mentioned this but I've had a family of magpies nesting in the backyard for two years now.

First year one baby - male.

This year, two babies - both female

One of the babies is mute, which apart from being cute, is likely very bad for the girl.

I've watched her compete with her sibling, most would know how a baby magpie cries for food.
She can't cry.

It's pretty sad but she is doing really well, however it does pose a number of problems for her in the future.
Calls to let the family know there is food (note "calls")
There is danger, they call.
I think my point is made.

Then there is the 'letting go'
I watched it last year and dad is already starting to do it to 'Mute'
Chasing them away from the food, even stealing it from their mouth, at this point 'Mute' is on the ground crying (silently) to dad?????
It's nature but it's pretty confronting.
This 'baby' is now being told in no uncertain terms it is time to *&%^*&^ off!

Note, that also means out of this territory, no more feeds of cashews, etc.

It doesn't understand to tilt its head back after taking in water so it keeps trying to 'snap' and 'catch'

Still I say hello to mum and dad, and we start the next season.

castores

Post by castores »

Just noticed the little one at the top of the image

2F7BFD6F-6620-46D6-B313-4550FC665F71.jpeg

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

castores wrote:
03 Dec 2020 20:35

Chasing them away from the food, even stealing it from their mouth, at this point 'Mute' is on the ground crying (silently) to dad?????

Yes it is nature but seems pretty cruel!

Was hand feeding a magpie this evening here with some sausage, and not sure if it is male or female, but it is pretty darn TAME!

Glen

castores

Post by castores »

03 Dec 2020 21:58
castores wrote:
03 Dec 2020 20:35

Yes it is nature but seems pretty cruel!

Was hand feeding a magpie this evening here with some sausage, and not sure if it is male or female, but it is pretty darn TAME!

Glen
Glen, the white area at the back of the neck, if it is pure white it is a male, if there is grey through it = female.
Some would say that's due to passing an egg :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ps. have a look back at the pics of the magpies (mum and 2 daughters).

Here's dad

IMG_20200802_104015.jpg

Bit like stamps hey?
Type A, Type B

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

This was 10 minutes ago after light rain -- Magpie family, Crow, huge Water Dragon, and our resident Bush Turkey had just wandered off when I took it!

P1020179.JPG
P1020177.JPG
P1020173.JPG
P1020172-001.JPG
P1020184.JPG

castores

Post by castores »

Wonderful pictures Glen, I love the sound crows make - I have to join them in concert.

Lone King Parrot and Cockatoo yesterday:

parrot.jpg

castores

Post by castores »

Too late to add to the last, did a crop/close-up:

close.png

castores

Post by castores »

On another note, in respect to magpies:

If you aren't aware, something they really love,
and is part of their diet,
cashews and walnuts.

They will love you for it :D :D :D

castores

Post by castores »

I have begun on the 50,000 bed full of stamps and I have to say immediately this set caught my eye:

2009 Micro Monsters:

IMG_20201208_0003.jpg

Just noticed I've put together a mix, all but the $1.10 weevil are peel & stick, so two sets to check for?
(very common for Australian stamps)

Ps. I believe my first count came up three short :lol: :lol: :lol:

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

castores wrote:
06 Dec 2020 05:57
Wonderful pictures Glen, I love the sound crows make - I have to join them in concert.

Lone King Parrot and Cockatoo yesterday:

Forget the birds - is that a friggen King Cobra in the foreground? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Glen

castores

Post by castores »

Forget the birds - is that a friggen King Cobra in the foreground? :shock: :shock: :shock:

Glen
Yes it is :D :D :D

Beware what lurks in my garden :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you know there is a plant called (hope I get this right) darlingtonia californica, it is a carnivorous plant that looks exactly like that (including fangs - look it up, I may have spelt it wrong?). I used to have a couple...
Along with a real mate, diamond python.

Aren't snakes great :!:

dc.jpeg

My other favourite carnivore would be the Albany Pitcher Plant (I used to have these also):

albany1.JPG

albany2.jpg

albany3.jpg

castores

Post by castores »

I'd say I'm close to half-way through my first sweep :D
I will have to go and buy another container methinks :lol:

3 litre milk container for perspective - so maybe a 20+ litre tub?

IMG_20201211_153933.jpg

To go, plus a pile sitting on the lounge chair next to me...

left.jpg

First sweep is made up of all off-paper, pacific, world and whatever was in the first lot of Aus I picked up.

So, even though it has been mixed at least twice (on the bed and then bagged) there is still clumps of stamps that came out around the same time.

These are a few of the sets that showed up in a small area of what I was picking up, so I put them aside for scanning:

IMG_20201211_0002.jpg

The extension of the picture past the border makes these stamps look dirty (especially the Moreton Bay Fig):
IMG_20201211_0003.jpg

IMG_20201211_0004.jpg

Some on paper have been cut to keep the complete postmark where it is nice, complete, special....
Much care has been taken overall with these stamps :D

castores

Post by castores »

Seeing as he made his debut earlier, this is Clarence:

Clarence.jpg

OldDuffer1

Post by OldDuffer1 »

Do you have cats?

I would love to see their reaction to that! (They will often react to things they think are snakes- even though they may have never seen one!).

See "Cats and Cucumbers": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7vML9C3PZk

Enjoy your sorting!

castores

Post by castores »

OldDuffer1 wrote:
11 Dec 2020 23:11

Do you have cats?

I would love to see their reaction to that! (They will often react to things they think are snakes- even though they may have never seen one!).

Enjoy your sorting!

Thanks for the youtube video, loved it.

Sadly my cat has passed but he was never fazed by the snake - would've loved to see his reaction to a cucumber though.

Thanks OldDuffer1, I'm finding it difficult to stop and take breaks :D

Global Administrator
The Sheriff
The Sheriff

castores wrote:
11 Dec 2020 15:45

Some on paper have been cut to keep the complete postmark where it is nice, complete, special....
Much care has been taken overall with these stamps :D

Pretty cool for just 1c apiece! :lol: :lol: :lol:

britjag

Post by britjag »

Sweet, Castores!

Talk about buying in bulk.

Good to see you come up for air occasionally and take a stroll outside! Careful where you step.

erich
Founder Member Joined April 2007
Founder Member Joined April 2007

Post by erich »

Nice bird pics! We mostly have seagulls and pigeons here. You guys got all the good birds. :lol:

castores

Post by castores »

Just went for a stroll outside, did you know the sky is blue?

Anyway with so many birds visiting I planted sunflower seeds.
Not your normal sunflower -

sunflower.jpg

But ones with deep reds/burgundy's/etc.

They also are dwarf plants -

IMG_20201212_133557.jpg

This is the tallest at about 4 foot (whatever cms) -

IMG_20201212_133426.jpg

Most of them coming in at less than one foot (whatever cms, oh yeah - about 30cms) to 3 feet -

IMG_20201212_133545.jpg

They are also branching! That's the whole height of the plant -

IMG_20201212_134428.jpg

I gather I'll wake one morning to bird fights and ripped apart sunflowers :lol: :lol: :lol:

castores

Post by castores »

castores wrote:
12 Dec 2020 02:10
OldDuffer1 wrote:
11 Dec 2020 23:11

Do you have cats?

Enjoy your sorting!

Thanks for the youtube video, loved it.

Sadly my cat has passed but he was never fazed by the snake - would've loved to see his reaction to a cucumber though.

Thanks OldDuffer1, I'm finding it difficult to stop and take breaks :D
A thought just occurred to me, maybe I just missed his introduction to the snake - I'll never know :?:

castores

Post by castores »

spike.jpg

Birds :?: couldn't care less :!:
Last edited by castores on 12 Dec 2020 18:24, edited 1 time in total.

castores

Post by castores »

erich wrote:
12 Dec 2020 10:58
Nice bird pics! We mostly have seagulls and pigeons here. You guys got all the good birds. :lol:
erich, we certainly don't have the most colourful birds in Australia here in Canberra but please do a browse through these:

http://canberrabirds.org.au/our-birds/photo-gallery/

I have had the rainbow lorikeet visit also but I haven't taken photo's.

From canberrabirds.org.au:

Lorikeet_Rainbow (Anthony Overs).jpg

castores

Post by castores »

Similar to a black hole :?:

IMG_20201212_133426.jpg

castores

Post by castores »

Number-O-Ne wrote:
01 Dec 2020 05:32
27 Nov 2020 17:22

Glen

Hi Glen,

I'm showing this comment of yours around, to my doctor friends in a COVID infested Cincinnati hospital.

We had our first smiles of the day, :) and it's a long day.
You are on the forefront Number-O-Ne and you've had no help from the Tramp administration.
Mine and others have only good thoughts for what you have had to deal with.

castores

Post by castores »

britjag wrote:
12 Dec 2020 10:41
Sweet, Castores!

Talk about buying in bulk.

Good to see you come up for air occasionally and take a stroll outside! Careful where you step.
britjag, I'm on Everest and the air is thin :lol: :lol: :lol:

Once I get them sorted we can have some fun exchanging.

Anyone else interested in trading, please email...

castores

Post by castores »

Well surprise, surprise!

I posted above the Albany Pitcher Plant, I know see it is on a stamp!
Wonderful :D :D :D From above:

albany2.jpg

The stamp:

IMG_20201214_0001.jpg

castores

Post by castores »

From inside through a window I could see there was lots of corella's pigging out.

IMG_20201219_174303.jpg

I also knew that it would only take one idiot to set the lot off.
I tried really hard to get outside but, well....

IMG_20201219_174357.jpg

It doesn't take long for them to come back.
So, I've just sat still...

IMG_20201219_180120.jpg

IMG_20201219_180514.jpg

Close-up of previous:

corella close.png

castores

Post by castores »

So I've done my first sweep of the stamps

And, begun the second sweep.
First sweep are also now in date order (in bags).
(many of the first sweep are continuing to be found)

Second sweep is getting a little more complex....
But still having much fun.

castores

Post by castores »

I know this is about stamps and I will post more, but it has morphed into my garden and birds also.

Today's helping:

IMG_20201224_171321.jpg

IMG_20201224_171355.jpg

IMG_20201223_101518.jpg

IMG_20201223_101614.jpg

IMG_20201224_193421.jpg

IMG_20201224_194637.jpg

IMG_20201224_194701.jpg

IMG_20201224_193840.jpg

castores

Post by castores »

Night time, no not christmas - year round.

IMG_20201224_205107.jpg

IMG_20201224_205154.jpg

IMG_20201224_205031.jpg

castores

Post by castores »

Just had to show this again - cropped:

2.jpg

Shame I don't have a better phone camera.

castores

Post by castores »

I obviously have many dupes in this collection.
I welcome anyone who is wanting to trade - you might be surprised what countries I collect.

Email me if you are interested...

I do have more than Aus to trade!

castores

Post by castores »

This is probably a very apt post to this thread:

As some may have read from other posts of mine, my mother was the OIC of Registry for one on the Commonwealth Departments and as such all mail went through this area.

Beds of stamps I have had many :lol: :lol: :lol:

But I welcomed this lot as it held many of years I don't have.

Now to the gist of this post. Something now lost.

I learnt more from stamps about geography, countries, habitation, plants, birds, etc through stamps during my early school years than anything I learnt through school. Those days are gone, possibly remote areas still learn most this way?

Note: between these, my other stamps and the recently acquired albums I will put together 'used' year collections.

I am also going to approach the Primary School my daughters went to about some 'gifts' :D

It's about giving....

castores

Castores - my 100,000 stamps, other things, and backyard birds!

Post by castores »

Not that long ago I bought from Glen about 50,000 used stamps, 99% Australian. All used on neat cut off piece -

https://www.stampboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=93099

ALL are now bagged! Majority in set/year order. Not much to go.

I have also had stored in 'sandwich' bags for a long time about 100,000+ Australian stamps. They are in set/year but the bags are not in order anymore.

So I think with the momentum I've found in dealing with the 50,000 I think I'm ready to revisit and 'marry' the two together.

Anyway, I thought I might share some of the stamps I found, bits and pieces from the lot.

(If you enjoyed the bird pics I'm thinking I should start a thread for that also (Birds in your Garden? maybe))

But just to start this off, here's one that stood out.

IMG_20210118_0007.jpg

Some of the stamps, starting at 2020

2020 1.jpg

2020 2.jpg
Last edited by castores on 18 Jan 2021 21:13, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Share with others here your NICE looking stamp and cover images etc.”